Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Any love for the Bulls Eye?

Moecat

Man that thing is in great shape. Did you just have in refinished?

I actually bought it in restored condition. I don't know how much work was actually done to it, but I'm guessing not much when you see how deep and clear the sole stampings are.

• SPY VIP

I actually bought it in restored condition. I don't know how much work was actually done to it, but I'm guessing not much when you see how deep and clear the sole stampings are.

Probably just the buffing wheel with the tiniest bit of fine grit compound

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I always thought the Bulls Eye was useful to practice with, and occasionally I'll bring it to the course.

How about the rest of you?

Here's my HB (heavy blade) model

reuter002.jpg

reuter001.jpg

reuter003.jpg

I use that Heavy Blade, but yours looks to be in much better condition. Send me a PM if ever you are foolish enough to want to let it go.

Shambles

An older gentleman at the course told me one day as I was practicing putting to always pass on betting against a man with a bullseye in his bag. ;)

Unless it's me. A monkey could beat me at putting.

• 2 months later...

Here's a quick blog on Corey Pavin's Bullseye

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/05/corey-pavin-bullseye-bullseye-putter-shaft.html

6a00d8341caaef53ef013481cebecf970c-320wi

FORT WORTH, Texas — Eddie Merrins, a GOLF Magazine Top 100 Teacher and the legendary former golf coach at UCLA, told me on Tuesday at Colonial that when Corey Pavin was a Bruin, he putted the way Jerry West shot free throws.

"It seemed like every shot went right into the middle of the cup," Merrins said. "Not on the right side or the left side, but right in the middle. Perfect."

Merrins told me Pavin's putter of choice back then was a brass Bulls Eye. As we watched Pavin on the practice green, we saw the 2010 Ryder Cup captain wielding that same putter.

"Obviously I like the Bulls Eye putters in general," Pavin said Tuesday. "But the shaft on this one is really good. It's soft and it just feels very good to me. So for me, it has a lot to do with the shaft, but that shaft probably wouldn't work on another head."

Pavin has no idea what model shaft is attached to his Bulls Eye, but he knows that it came from Titleist when he got the putter back in 1984.

"People don't think about putter shafts too much," Pavin said. "But if you talk to a guy like Ben Crenshaw, he'll talk a lot about shafts and how they affect the feel of the putter."

Archived