Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

It’s good to hear your battery held up well too. Hopefully will be able to manage 36 holes without charging now

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Giving all of you a heads up for March 21! Stay tuned as we are looking to this group (and more) for some well needed help and support!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Giving all of you a heads up for March 21! Stay tuned as we are looking to this group (and more) for some well needed help and support!

My H4 is on the way but probably won't have 10 rounds in with it by the 21st.  Hopefully it shows up today and I can get a handful knocked out.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Those who are single digits and use these, what kind of data are you getting that's useful?  Outside of golf, I'm very into tech, but I don't know that I could get into the minutiae of using these.  

I'm very cognizant of my actual yardages, but could probably do with a little better knowledge of my left/right bias.  I tend to be a straight hitter with a little fade.

WITB

• Driver - 9 Degree Callaway Rogue Max LS
  • 3 Wood - 14.5 Degree Taylor Made Sim 2
  • Hybrid - 19 Degree Callaway 
  • Irons - 4 - Gap Mizuno JPX 921 Forged
  • Wedges - 54 & 58 Titleist Vokey SM8
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport+

6 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

Those who are single digits and use these, what kind of data are you getting that's useful? 

I'll be interested to hear the responses from low handicappers and especially do you use any tech on the course. As a mid/high handicapper and one seeking to be a low handicapper:  I find it invaluable since my primary use is tracking progress through a broad set of metrics, especially since I have several hundred rounds that date back to 2021. It's empirical data vs. anecdotal, club distance improvement? Yup I can be specific about yardage gains. Strokes grained? Yup that's there as well. etc,  etc. 

On the other hand, I play with a 2 handicapper (who also plays one tee back from me) who only uses a gps watch and is very casual about the game - he's more interested in a cigarette and a beer. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll be interested to hear the responses from low handicappers and especially do you use any tech on the course. As a mid/high handicapper and one seeking to be a low handicapper:  I find it invaluable since my primary use is tracking progress through a broad set of metrics, especially since I have several hundred rounds that date back to 2021. It's empirical data vs. anecdotal, club distance improvement? Yup I can be specific about yardage gains. Strokes grained? Yup that's there as well. etc,  etc. 

On the other hand, I play with a 2 handicapper (who also plays one tee back from me) who only uses a gps watch and is very casual about the game - he's more interested in a cigarette and a beer. 

The key at your handicap (if your profile is correct) to lower scores is developing any kind of consistency in your game.  If you're an 18 handicap because most of your shots are "Hit and hope it goes straight" you can probably save a few strokes just through course management.  

My golf league partner is a similar handicap and I tell him his focus every hole should be to just have a putt for par.  Doesn't matter if it's 60 feet away, just get it on the green to have a putt for par.  I find most 18 handicaps hit the ball well enough to be 5-6 strokes lower, but they try to hit too many miracle shots that they just aren't capable of.  If you can't hit it 200+ CONSISTENTLY with anything but a driver, just hit a 5 iron and leave yourself an easy pitch shot versus trying to go for it and ending up in the sand trap, which no 18 handicap is good at hitting out of consistently. 

I'd have you shooting mid-80's all the time in no time.

WITB

• Driver - 9 Degree Callaway Rogue Max LS
  • 3 Wood - 14.5 Degree Taylor Made Sim 2
  • Hybrid - 19 Degree Callaway 
  • Irons - 4 - Gap Mizuno JPX 921 Forged
  • Wedges - 54 & 58 Titleist Vokey SM8
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport+

45 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

Those who are single digits and use these, what kind of data are you getting that's useful?  Outside of golf, I'm very into tech, but I don't know that I could get into the minutiae of using these.  

I'm very cognizant of my actual yardages, but could probably do with a little better knowledge of my left/right bias.  I tend to be a straight hitter with a little fade.

I used shotscope for a little over a year and found the data interesting.   I really didn’t tell me much I didn’t already know and I didn’t want to dig down into performance of each club from specific distances.   Additionally, even though the on course interaction is minimal, it was still a bit of a pain to tag the club prior to each shot.  

i am able to recall my shots after the round and do some post round assessment and track some basic stats to measure ongoing improvement.  I look at the Tiger 5 to assess improvement.  

If you are a data person and want to understand you game at an in depth level it is a great tool.   As a 7 I think my flaws are glaring enough that I don’t need the detail…yet.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I used shotscope for a little over a year and found the data interesting.   I really didn’t tell me much I didn’t already know and I didn’t want to dig down into performance of each club from specific distances.   Additionally, even though the on course interaction is minimal, it was still a bit of a pain to tag the club prior to each shot.  

i am able to recall my shots after the round and do some post round assessment and track some basic stats to measure ongoing improvement.  I look at the Tiger 5 to assess improvement.  

If you are a data person and want to understand you game at an in depth level it is a great tool.   As a 7 I think my flaws are glaring enough that I don’t need the detail…yet.   

I would say this sums up my overall approach as well. I can tell you every shot I took from the round I played the day before Thanksgiving this past year. Every putt and every chip as well. What I am interested in however is my data trends from an entire season. I think the key from being a 3-4 handicap to scratch is going to be better understanding my long term trends rather than working on aspects of my game based on the day before. I definitely don't need the data from one day to the next but am hoping one month to the next or perhaps spring golf to summer golf to fall my help guide my practice and lessons better.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I use it to look at trends for misses and for yardage consistency for each club.  I noticed some gapping issues with my on course yardage at about the 200 yard mark.  I also noticed my miss with the 50* wedge was short and right.  It didnt happen all the time but over 6 or 7 rounds it becomes apparent.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

3 hours ago, KingSlender said:

The key at your handicap (if your profile is correct) to lower scores is developing any kind of consistency in your game.  If you're an 18 handicap because most of your shots are "Hit and hope it goes straight" you can probably save a few strokes just through course management.  

My golf league partner is a similar handicap and I tell him his focus every hole should be to just have a putt for par.  Doesn't matter if it's 60 feet away, just get it on the green to have a putt for par.  I find most 18 handicaps hit the ball well enough to be 5-6 strokes lower, but they try to hit too many miracle shots that they just aren't capable of.  If you can't hit it 200+ CONSISTENTLY with anything but a driver, just hit a 5 iron and leave yourself an easy pitch shot versus trying to go for it and ending up in the sand trap, which no 18 handicap is good at hitting out of consistently. 

I'd have you shooting mid-80's all the time in no time.

What the data has shown me so far in 2024 - get off the driving range and spend more time on the practice greens. More one and two putts are going to lower my scores dramatically. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Another example of data usage....

I just remembered last year noticing my 8i yardage getting further from my 7i yardage.  It only took me a month of wondering why to finally check the 8i loft and see it was off by about 2*.  Sometimes I am a little slow!  😩   

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Last April, I made the switch from Arccos to ShotScope primarily because of the X5 and the absence of subscription costs. Initially, I was quite critical of the X5 due to its connectivity issues, as many of us experienced. However, I must applaud their customer service and IT team for their outstanding support. Today, I finally had the chance to play a round with update 2.1.84, and I'm happy to say that I didn't encounter any issues whatsoever. I found the update to be highly beneficial, especially in assessing my drive P-AVG and examining the full-hole layout. Big shoutout to the ShotScope staff for their exceptional work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

Bought a display model x5 from the Shotscope website after seeing the announcement about the hole view update. Have been using a Garmin S60 for the past year and looking for a little upgrade. First impressions are good (and unit was as good as new desire the display/floor model designation) but I am shocked that there is no slope adjustment option like there is on basically every other GPS device I've ever used. I'm really curious why Shotscope has never incorporated this given that it seems to be a relatively straightforward software enhancement using publicly available data. 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

7 hours ago, elight said:

Bought a display model x5 from the Shotscope website after seeing the announcement about the hole view update. Have been using a Garmin S60 for the past year and looking for a little upgrade. First impressions are good (and unit was as good as new desire the display/floor model designation) but I am shocked that there is no slope adjustment option like there is on basically every other GPS device I've ever used. I'm really curious why Shotscope has never incorporated this given that it seems to be a relatively straightforward software enhancement using publicly available data. 

Possibly because of use in competition, at a guess.

Edited by MattF

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, elight said:

t I am shocked that there is no slope adjustment option like there is on basically every other GPS device I've ever used. 

I have never had it in any GPS I have used, only rangefinders.   I did a search after I saw your comment and it seems like phone based GPS units might have slope. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 hours ago, unccross said:

I use the clip and clip mine to a belt loop

I am a pocket user too.  I tried it on my belt but knocked it off the magnetic holder a few times and was afraid of losing it.

10 hours ago, elight said:

Bought a display model x5 from the Shotscope website after seeing the announcement about the hole view update. Have been using a Garmin S60 for the past year and looking for a little upgrade. 

@elight I did the same thing last year.  The X5 system is so much better than the Garmin / CT10 combo. You’ll be pleased with your decision. As to slope adjustment, I don’t remember seeing that on watches — only rangefinders where they can measure angles. But could be wrong on that 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I guess I was just spoiled by my Garmin watch and the fact that it had this functionality and it could be turned on and off easily with a single tap. Likewise, my Golfbuddy belt unit that I had prior to that also had it. I figured it was just a standard feature for GPS devices, but I guess not. Looking forward to getting the Shotscope on the course in the next couple of weeks!

2 hours ago, elight said:

I guess I was just spoiled by my Garmin watch and the fact that it had this functionality and it could be turned on and off easily with a single tap. Likewise, my Golfbuddy belt unit that I had prior to that also had it. I figured it was just a standard feature for GPS devices, but I guess not. Looking forward to getting the Shotscope on the course in the next couple of weeks!

While there are many things I give Shotscope credit for, one big one is that they are constantly pushing improvements out to both the App and the watch firmware. I also think (hopefully) they learned their lesson on not pushing features out before robust testing. If competitors (outside of LRFs) have slope they'll probably have it shortly as well. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

It would be a useful addition. Again, I think that the data is there publicly available (the same data they use to map courses). It would be easy enough to have another setting to toggle it on and off for tournament mode. Just requires a little work from an intrepid software engineer. The Garmin S60 had this feature when it came out 7 years ago (I don't know if prior models had it), so it's not exactly new. Maybe there's a feature request form somewhere that we can suggest it? One reason that I love having a watch is the convenience of not needing to constantly pull out my rangefinder or cross-reference my phone or a yardage book, and I think that this is the only thing missing to make that a reality (checking exact pin location in rangefinder notwithstanding, but usually I'm better off just aiming for the center of the green regardless).

Edited by elight

To be fair to ShotScope you can’t beat the X5 for the cost. Yes it doesn’t have slope adjustment but just look at what you do get for the price. 
Personally the lack of slope adjustment isn’t a major issue for me 

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

IMG_5085.jpeg

New to shot scope and awaiting my X5. Can anyone tell me how SS handles shorter approach shots. For instance I may hit my 54 degree 110 yards, but I will use it for green side approaches, as well as distance wedges (50yd, 70 yds, 90 yds.....). Does it account to this or will my dispersion and dispersion and yardages be skewed with that club?

Driver: Callaway Rogue Ventus Blue VelvoCore 6X 

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth Ventus Blue 6X 

3 Iron: Titleist U505 Hzd Smoke 7x 

4i-6i- Srixon 585 KBS Tour V 110 S 

7i-PW: Srixon 785 KBS Tour V 110 S

50, 54: Vokey SM9 Dynamic Gold 120S 

60: Taylormade Hightoe Dynamic Gold 120S 

Putter: Scotty Super Select Newport 2.5 

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Shot Scope Users Group
45 minutes ago, bbrodigan said:

New to shot scope and awaiting my X5. Can anyone tell me how SS handles shorter approach shots. For instance I may hit my 54 degree 110 yards, but I will use it for green side approaches, as well as distance wedges (50yd, 70 yds, 90 yds.....). Does it account to this or will my dispersion and dispersion and yardages be skewed with that club?

This is how Shotscope breaks down their metrics.

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002247678-On-the-Performance-pages-what-is-considered-a-Tee-Shot-an-Approach-a-Short-Game-shot-and-a-Putt

a2ec61df2d28e821658fc11440aef69d.jpg
Is there a way to save your benchmarking handicap? Every time I enter the app, it always defaults to tour player, and I have to readjust it to do my comparison.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

If there is I haven’t worked it out yet as I have exactly the same issue 🤣

IMG_5085.jpeg

If there is I haven’t worked it out yet as I have exactly the same issue

You haven't looked because you are already a tour player…

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Just now, nupezb said:

You haven't looked because you are already a tour player…emoji23.png

If only!!!!!

IMG_5085.jpeg

The app won't upload?  Has anyone else had any issues?  This is on android. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter