Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

*NOW LIVE* - Updated Player Profiles!

GolfSpy BOS

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Why actually yes, there is one more thing!  Since these profile questions are going to be used with member testing this season you will find that these questions, and maybe even a few additional questions, will still be on the testing applications.  Fret not however, as your current profile details will be auto populated in the testing application!
Also, any updates to your profile made while filling out a testing application will be pushed to your Player Profile, so the most up to date information will always be saved there.

OK that's pretty cool right there. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

LOVE THIS!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Really cool update.  At first glance everything seems pretty simple.  The only question that came to mind is how often you would like people to update their handicap?  Do you want it updated every time it changes; once a month, or just whenever there are large moves in either direction?

Thanks!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

12 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Really cool update.  At first glance everything seems pretty simple.  The only question that came to mind is how often you would like people to update their handicap?  Do you want it updated every time it changes; once a month, or just whenever there are large moves in either direction?

Thanks!

Great question!  The simple answer is as often as you'd like, which I would imagine for some might be every time it drops a tenth and for others once a season.  The good thing is that you'll have the opportunity to update it when applying for a testing opportunity so it's as accurate and recent as possible there.

The goal of maintaining it is such that if you're reading reviews and want to go to members of similar overall skill level you can get there.  Personally I like to keep mine updated, but It also has been rather consistent as of late.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

This is a dyn-O-mite idea! Love the constant evolution and striving for betterment! 

Cant wait to see what 2022 has in store for MGS testing!

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Great idea and follow up comments. How about location? I know that a number of members have listed where they're located or play - but quite a few don't. Maybe use a more refined(localized)  version of what @GolfSpy MBP set up in the 'introduce yourself' threads. Note - this would be especially helpful for those of us that have 'get togethers' , especially since member map is no longer updated. And if you decide to do this - also have an alternate location for us snowbirds. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Personal opinion the handicap question being used for choosing testers doesn’t make sense. The field for strength and weakness covers this.

Theres low handicaps that can’t play a blade or even something in a cb style head and their handicap comes from not losing balls off the tee and a good short game while there’s a mid handicap who can’t drive the ball well but has length and has good iron game and ok short game.  Eliminating this and just using the strength/weakness is better approach imo.

Similar with swing speed. Only addresses one aspect of driver. Where is what type of spin and launch is a player, or do they fade, slice, draw or hook the ball.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Personal opinion the handicap question being used for choosing testers doesn’t make sense. The field for strength and weakness covers this.

Theres low handicaps that can’t play a blade or even something in a cb style head and their handicap comes from not losing balls off the tee and a good short game while there’s a mid handicap who can’t drive the ball well but has length and has good iron game and ok short game.  Eliminating this and just using the strength/weakness is better approach imo.

Similar with swing speed. Only addresses one aspect of driver. Where is what type of spin and launch is a player, or do they fade, slice, draw or hook the ball.

Keep in mind that quite often several of these categories are ones that OEM's look for. Example we want/prefer players with these handicap ranges. Or we want to get several in these swing speed groups (super speed) so a lot of this is directly in line with that. 

The rest is for intros and reviews!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Keep in mind that quite often several of these categories are ones that OEM's look for. Example we want/prefer players with these handicap ranges. Or we want to get several in these swing speed groups (super speed) so a lot of this is directly in line with that. 

The rest is for intros and reviews!

That’s fine but not including the kind of ball flight or spin has leaves out half the picture. Those categories aren’t even useful for comparing two players against each other for any reason. If there’s going to be some sort of swing/game criteria used it should be inclusive of all aspects of the swing and game

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

34 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Thanks for the feedback, I think it’s a combination of these that helps understand the player as a whole. Looking at one metric alone does us no good, you’re right about that. 

but if I can see you’re a low handicap, with high swing speed, and your strength is off the tee, we can begin to see what sort of player you are. And I can see how you compare to me to see if a particular review you did would be of more interest to me. 

Also, I know a lot of people are proud of their indexes and want to be able to share their accomplishments with us. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s fine but not including the kind of ball flight or spin has leaves out half the picture. Those categories aren’t even useful for comparing two players against each other for any reason. If there’s going to be some sort of swing/game criteria used it should be inclusive of all aspects of the swing and game

For certain tests, say a driver, there would likely be additional questions as part of the application that might go into more specific aspects of your game such a shot shape tendency too. 

The player profile isn’t all inclusive in that respect, but a general representation of the player and their game. 

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The other thing to note is we get 4000+ applicants. The application portion of this requires simplicity. There will be several that don't know those numbers or data points. 

We can certainly look at eventually creating a more extensive player profile, however for what we need and require this fits. 

For future updates we will have these points written down and look at them. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

anyone else still getting the old format for questions?

image.png.eb742139e2df9cc6522b4855ae65deb8.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

11 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

anyone else still getting the old format for questions?

image.png.eb742139e2df9cc6522b4855ae65deb8.png

When the update goes live you will be prompted. 

May be early next week, but we wanted to give a heads up rather then surprising you with it.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Awesome! Thanks, looking forward to using it throughout the year!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Awesome! image.gif.d2138c54374a5c36eb59e1c06df93440.gif

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have an issue with Player type...   

• Competitive – Are you driven to compete against others, or working to shoot lower scores?

I don't see these two attributes as being the same and lumped into a Competitive player type.  I can see that one could view a person working on lowering their scores as competitive within themselves, but that's a different person from one that enjoys the competition against other players for quarters in a gangsome or tournament setting.

I am not a competitive person in golf; I was many years ago, but that time has passed.  However, I still strive to make improvements, and I enjoy the feeling properly executing a shot.  However, I do not view my Player Type as a "Weekend Golfer" - a weekend warrior somewhere between casual and competitive.  I generally play or practice daily.  

To me, the Tour Player type is just a Competitive Player type, just at a different level.

I would like to see something like this...

• Competitive – Are you driven to compete against others, and/or Do you compete on an actual professional level?
  • Dedicated –  Are you driven to improve, and working to shoot lower scores?

Bingo! My feelings exactly.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

One additional comment that crossed my mind. When there has been a testing opportunity related to putting training aids or a putter, one of the questions asked is putting a strength or weakness. If you chose strength you probably didn't qualify for testing. There should be more options. Like adding a "needs improvement" category. 

If you hit every fairway and every green in regulation and 2 putt every green you shoot even par. But you probably could use some help on your putting. That's 36 putts. 

9 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If you hit every fairway and every green in regulation and 2 putt every green you shoot even par. But you probably could use some help on your putting. That's 36 putts. 

But if all your approaches leave you 30 feet from the hole,  you are a good putter and don't need any help.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

When the update goes live you will be prompted. 

May be early next week, but we wanted to give a heads up rather then surprising you with it.

thanks, made it sound like it happened today

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just now, cnosil said:

But if all your approaches leave you 30 feet from the hole,  you are a good putter and don't need any help.  

Agreed at 20 to 30 feet. But what if your closer? I know my score would be better if I made more 6 to 10 foot putts. That's why I picked up a 10 foot putting mat during the holidays. I know my putting needs improvement and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. 

But lets not get side tracked the point was to have a better profile for testing opportunities. The more detail within reason the better.

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Agreed at 20 to 30 feet. But what if your closer? I know my score would be better if I made more 6 to 10 foot putts. That's why I picked up a 10 foot putting mat during the holidays. I know my putting needs improvement and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. 

But lets not get side tracked the point was to have a better profile for testing opportunities. The more detail within reason the better.

Not trying to get sidetracked,  you can track these stats to the nth degree and eventually get to a point where most people just don't track.   What is within reason?  How much information needs to be tracked.  What if I consider something to be a good but you consider it to be bad.   If more detail is needed it can be part of the application or someone can ask during the review.   I consider this a first iteration and it can always grow if necessary but what is being asked is adequate.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

If more detail is needed it can be part of the application.

That's what my original comment was directed towards.

I like the updates and think it gives you a good way to select testing pools.

One thing you may want to consider is the golfing season for someone.  You can't necessarily go off of the location, meaning even though I live in Colorado, I play year round.  I played 122 times last year, and have managed at least once a month for the past 17 years.  Granted, January-February can be challenging.  I've traveled 2 hrs each way, to get to a playable course in those months.  But maybe add a field that shows the start/stop months for when they play.

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

15 minutes ago, Peejer said:

I like the updates and think it gives you a good way to select testing pools.

One thing you may want to consider is the golfing season for someone.  You can't necessarily go off of the location, meaning even though I live in Colorado, I play year round.  I played 122 times last year, and have managed at least once a month for the past 17 years.  Granted, January-February can be challenging.  I've traveled 2 hrs each way, to get to a playable course in those months.  But maybe add a field that shows the start/stop months for when they play.

-- Peejer

I know that region can be a consideration and although I haven’t been part of selecting testers yet I know past tests I’ve been part of like Cobra Connect have additional questions and ask about time commitments and expectations as well. 

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Coming Soon - Updated Player Profiles!

Hey everyone!  Today I’m excited to announce that you’re going to see some new Player Profile questions going live.  We’ve made some updates to existing questions and added some more so that we can better utilize this information for member testing this upcoming season.

There are now eight questions around our golfer demographics:

Profile Questions.JPG

• AGE: Simple enough, just a drop down with some age ranges.  I hope no one here needs assistance determining which group to go into here!
  • SWING SPEED:  How fast do you swing your driver?  Broken down into 4 ranges.  If you’ve never been measured before you can use this as an estimate:
    • 90 MPH or Less – Average drive of less than 230 yards
    • 91-100 MPH – Average drive 230 to 260 yards
    • 101-110 MPH – Average drive of 260 to 285 yards
    • 111+ MPH – Average drive greater than 285 yards
  •  HANDICAP:  If you have an official one, great!  If you have an estimate, great too!  This field allows you to enter your handicap as a number with one decimal place.  If you try to enter something that is not formatted correctly you will get an error.  Examples of acceptable handicaps are:
    • And for the rare breed of “plus” guys and gals out there +3.2 will work as well.
  • FREQUENCY OF PLAY/PRACTICE:  This should include rounds and things like range sessions, lessons, or outdoor/simulator practice.  As much as I’d like to call myself a “daily” golfer I don’t think I should include putting practice while on work calls as a real practice session.
  • PLAYER TYPE:  How would you characterize your style of play?
    • Casual – Are you casual and out there for the sunshine, fresh air, and experience?
    • Competitive – Are you driven to compete against others, or working to shoot lower scores?
    • Tour – Do you compete on an actual professional level?
    • Weekend Golfer – Are you a weekend warrior somewhere between casual and competitive?
  • BIGGEST STRENGTH/WEAKNESS:  Where are you strongest and weakest?  Broken down into Driving, Approach, Short Game, and Putting like you see on most shot tracking apps out there.
  • FITTED FOR CLUBS:  This is a simple yes/no.  Are you typically fit for your clubs? 

Why should you care?

Your user profile is going to be leveraged heavily in the testing platform to be able to help everyone group, sort, and identify official member test reviews on these criteria.  This will help everyone find the reviews that may be of most interest to them based on similar golfer profiles.  Also, I think it will help everyone learn a little bit more about each other and our personal approach to this game we all love. 

Ok, so how do I update it?

Great Question!  First, you may be asked to update your info the first time you login after the update is made (I’ll add a post here when it’s live).  After that, if you want to make an update here’s how to get there:  

From the top of any forum page click on your username in the upper right corner of the page and select Profile.

Edit Profile Drop Down.JPG

This will take you to your main profile page and on the top right of your profile cover photo you will see an Edit Profile button.  Click that and a window will show up that has the profile questions there.

Edit Profile button.JPG

Anything else I need to know?

Why actually yes, there is one more thing!  Since these profile questions are going to be used with member testing this season you will find that these questions, and maybe even a few additional questions, will still be on the testing applications.  Fret not however, as your current profile details will be auto populated in the testing application!
Also, any updates to your profile made while filling out a testing application will be pushed to your Player Profile, so the most up to date information will always be saved there.

Comments, questions, or concerns?  

Sound off below and we’ll be here to answer them.  We have tested these updates in our test environment, but if you’re running into any issues, please let me know in this thread so we can make any changes needed! 

Bravo.  Imperfect, as something like this inevitably will be, but to my mind a substantial leap forward in the tester selection process.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

For certain tests, say a driver, there would likely be additional questions as part of the application that might go into more specific aspects of your game such a shot shape tendency too. 

The player profile isn’t all inclusive in that respect, but a general representation of the player and their game

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The other thing to note is we get 4000+ applicants. The application portion of this requires simplicity. There will be several that don't know those numbers or data points. 

We can certainly look at eventually creating a more extensive player profile, however for what we need and require this fits. 

For future updates we will have these points written down and look at them. 

What I really like about this is that this does make the process more of an application, as it should be.

For newer members, the testing is a tremendous experience! keeping the product is just happenstance.. the real opportunity is being an actual part of the OEMs decision making that goes into next year's line and you REALLY need to want to be a part of that change for that product. In addition, you learn more about your golf game in 1-2 months than most do in 1-2 years. Through the repetition required for testing, you are able to utilize that particular product to find and make drastic and substantial improvements. You're just in a different head space during the testing period that really allows you to lay out the mechanics of that part of your game and make any improvements as to get the absolute most out of the product to make a thorough analysis. Over the years, quite a few come into this looking at it like a drawing for a really cool prize. It's as far from that as anything.

Since my first testing opportunity, I've looked at this process like applying for a job. I've got a certain set of skills.. (and most definitely weaknesses), and feel that I meet certain profile criteria for "X" product so I believe I'm a good candidate. MGS is looking at each of us the same way. Does "X" candidate have the skill set, knowledge, and work ethic required for "Y" product? Will he/she adequately put in the time, work, and have the ability adequately present their work? Will they stay motivated enough to not require micromanagement? 

It's great to see that the application process is aligning more to an employment situation being that hard, dedication, and adequate knowledge.. for compensation is what we're applying for. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

What I really like about this is that this does make the process more of an application, as it should be.

For newer members, the testing is a tremendous experience! keeping the product is just happenstance.. the real opportunity is being an actual part of the OEMs decision making that goes into next year's line and you REALLY need to want to be a part of that change for that product. In addition, you learn more about your golf game in 1-2 months than most do in 1-2 years. Through the repetition required for testing, you are able to utilize that particular product to find and make drastic and substantial improvements. You're just in a different head space during the testing period that really allows you to lay out the mechanics of that part of your game and make any improvements as to get the absolute most out of the product to make a thorough analysis. Over the years, quite a few come into this looking at it like a drawing for a really cool prize. It's as far from that as anything.

Since my first testing opportunity, I've looked at this process like applying for a job. I've got a certain set of skills.. (and most definitely weaknesses), and feel that I meet certain profile criteria for "X" product so I believe I'm a good candidate. MGS is looking at each of us the same way. Does "X" candidate have the skill set, knowledge, and work ethic required for "Y" product? Will he/she adequately put in the time, work, and have the ability adequately present their work? Will they stay motivated enough to not require micromanagement? 

It's great to see that the application process is aligning more to an employment situation being that hard, dedication, and adequate knowledge.. for compensation is what we're applying for. 

A lot along these lines we will soon release/re-relesse the what it takes to be a tester soon. 

As mod staff we are very open about how it works and what it takes. No secrets and want make it accessible for everyone to have the awesome opportunity of being a MGS tester.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW