Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Favorite New Golf Gear for 2022

Duration: 00:51:09

Chris and Tony discuss their favorite new clubs of 2022 and our ideal sponsors.

Listen Here

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I am saying strike 2 on this episode.  A few tidbits of information, but generally not much interesting stuff.   Mailbag was the best segment and that didn’t start until the 48th minute of a 51 minute podcast.  Ultimately MGS is about most wanted and equipment evaluation and the production schedule for this needs to match up and discuss the various results.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah I think this was the last episode for me. It's a completely different show now that's frankly not that entertaining or listenable. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Stuck it out for fifteen. 

Chris: Question about putters. 

Tony: "No". 

Crickets: Chirp chirp chirp. 

Don't find either of the lads funny enough for their carry on at the start that Foreplay or NLU can ride. 

Stick to the #datacratic principles, if there isn't enough content to do an episode, don't do one. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

• 4 weeks later...

Have to agree that this new format does not work.  The show just doesn't have enough to make me want to stick with it for the duration.  For as much as they want to have that free flowing open format, it really doesn't work as a weekly podcast.  I don't know the full workings behind how the previous shows came together, but I got the impression that Miranda was the one planning the topics and organizing the show format, etc.  Her role as host was also indispensable which may not have been clear at the time, but is certainly noticeable now that the show is without one.  I can see a show with Tony, Chris & Harry just shooting the s*** being entertaining, but it would probably need to be a one-off that only happens a few times a year where they can gather enough content to deliver a solid 45+ minutes of entertainment.  As it is now, it just feels awkward and forced as they try to keep it unstructured but also try to work in the MGS testing results.  IMO, we get the worst of both. 

Not to mention that they are discussing results that are month or more old.  I've already dissected that test, discussed it to my heart's content on the forum and moved onto something else.  Getting Tony's impressions/thoughts on it 3 weeks after I am able to go and hit all of the clubs in the store for myself doesn't matter to me.  A huge part of the value in watching is hearing about the equipment in that "hype" time between when it is announced and when I can actually get the clubs in my own hands.  

With all that said, it's already been a month now since the last show....have they already decided to pull the plug on this format and relaunch it again for the 100th episode?  Personally, I hope so as I don't want to see the show disappear completely.  Ideally they could get it going again soon with Adam playing the role of host until they can find a permanent replacement for Miranda.  With the exception of the "free fittings" episode, I always like what Adam brought to the show even going back to the beginning when it was just him, harry & Sam Robinson.