Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

3 hours ago, Birdie Fans Club said:

Should golfers who turned down LIV by staying loyal to the PGA be 'made whole' after the PGA merged with LIV? Curious to know what people think would be fair. 

I'm standing pat with my position from the start, take back every petrodollar you can get your hands on.  Anyone who believes spectator golf is an untapped gold mine and is buying in should be patted on the head and flattered of his genius.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

51 minutes ago, mardukes said:

Will survive?  It's already been divided into Designated Tour and DP USA.  I was looking at the Deere field and said to myself, well many are playing the Scottish Open.  Lo and behold that's not until next week!  PGATour Power Ranking had Johnny Kuest (wave if you get that reference) #15 and he's not even a member!

If he keeps playing the way he is he will be after this tournament.  Think he has to finish T76 or better, something like that.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

4 hours ago, Birdie Fans Club said:

Should golfers who turned down LIV by staying loyal to the PGA be 'made whole' after the PGA merged with LIV? Curious to know what people think would be fair. 

... Once Monahan shamefully used the 9/11 families as propaganda when it suited his purposes then turned his back on them when it serves his purposes, I really don't care what happens to any of them. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, Birdie Fans Club said:

Absolutely not! They made a “business decision”, and that decision entailed rejecting LIV Golf and staying with the PGA or DP World Tour. That was the end of said golfers’ ability to claim any LIV funds.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

Absolutely not! They made a “business decision”, and that decision entailed rejecting LIV Golf and staying with the PGA or DP World Tour. That was the end of said golfers’ ability to claim any LIV funds.

... Interesting takes. To be fair, for some it was not a business decision but a moral decision. Like I said I don't care what happens to any of them but if Monahan promised me I would be rewarded for staying with the PGA Tour and also promised LIV players would be banned for life and then went back on his promise, I would expect to be rewarded. They would not be getting any LIV funding, they would be getting their reward from the PGA Tour. Of course it is all PIF now so I guess where the money comes from is just semantics. 

... But that said, if I took a moral stand I wouldn't care about more money. Hideki was mentioned earlier as someone that stood to perhaps gain $500,000,000 for his team if he joined LIV. Hideki's current net worth is estimated at $40,000,000. When is it enough money if you have to sell your soul? Maybe we should ask Bernie Madoff, Martin Shkreli and Elizabeth Holmes what they think. 

2 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

How much worse can this get?  This happened on the 1st tee before the start of LIV in London.  

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Well, the Dodgers celebrated men dressed as nuns.  So, if these guys just wore long pants, I couldn't care less about this pre-game show.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Watching round 1 coverage on CW.  Not sure if it's our network service but they seem to have considerable lag at various points of the coverage. We rarely watch CW for anything else; perhaps this is normal? Smith and Leischman leading the way. Cam's short game is just plain sick.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I just watched the Final round of LIV London and was surprised by how entertaining it was. The first time I tried to watch a LIV event, the lack of fans destroyed my interest. This time, the place looked packed and the golf was really, really good. Seriously, I was actually surprised. The names definitely help compared to the field at the John Deere too...

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK

“Today’s hearing is about much more than the game of golf,” Blumenthal said in his opening remarks. “It’s about how a brutal, repressive regime can buy influence — indeed even take over a cherished American institution — to cleanse its public image.”

U.S. Senate?  Hey, Dickie B.  tell us again about your military service and how it is you guys get off invading lives and the business of private organizations.

7 minutes ago, mardukes said:

“Today’s hearing is about much more than the game of golf,” Blumenthal said in his opening remarks. “It’s about how a brutal, repressive regime can buy influence — indeed even take over a cherished American institution — to cleanse its public image.”

U.S. Senate?  Hey, Dickie B.  tell us again about your military service and how it is you guys get off invading lives and the business of private organizations.

I don’t want to get into politics but Dickie shouldn’t ever chastise anyone.  We lived in Ct for 65 years so know him well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 7/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, Birdie Fans Club said:

Snooze you loose.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 4 weeks later...

Bubba and Phil basically playing a home game this week.  I wonder what the league rules are on running into one's house for a refreshment or snack? If one or both can't find the top of the leaderboard here, they might not find another one. Kevin Na, Danny Lee, and Joaquin Niemann were all previous winners at the Greenbrier Classic and should give them an little advantage.

Greenbrier CC sure looks lush but the heat/humidity index has the "real feel" at 102F.  🥵  I've never been to WV; looks nice. I had forgotten about the announcement that this would no longer be a tour stop.  It happened during covid and kind of got lost in the churn.  Too bad because it's a beautiful course.  Maybe they'll return there again in the future.

Can't say I agree with Brooks decision to publically call out Matthew but it seems to have ignited a fire. Wait until Brooks gets the email from Greg that he has to attend mandatory sensitivity training 😆.  Greenbrier is taking it on the chin from the field... perfect scoring conditions.

Bryson DeChambeau shoots a 58 and wins the Greenbrier.  Needed a 2 putt for the 59 but rolled the 39'-6" putt in for the duece.  That was the most impressive round of golf I've viewed... and I've viewed a bunch.

• 2 months later...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Can't say I'm surprised but I did think the "merger" might have softened up their pathway. Still, three-day events with a limited field and no cuts is not going to do much to prove your tour is worthy. But getting points does seem a bit shady.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

... Hard to argue about a closed shop and no penalties for poor play:

"Regarding the limited amount of turnover among qualified LIV players, the OWGR letter said LIV informed the board on July 27 that 14 players will be invited back regardless of their performance, more than double what LIV officials originally told the OWGR. Also, as few as four players (three from the LIV Promotions Event and one from the Asian Tour International Series) may join LIV in 2024 with the other participants selected by LIV management".

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Good! I assumed the merger would eventually kill off LIV, and Norman's involvement - but I guess it remains to be seen if there will be a merger.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Hard to argue about a closed shop and no penalties for poor play:

"Regarding the limited amount of turnover among qualified LIV players, the OWGR letter said LIV informed the board on July 27 that 14 players will be invited back regardless of their performance, more than double what LIV officials originally told the OWGR. Also, as few as four players (three from the LIV Promotions Event and one from the Asian Tour International Series) may join LIV in 2024 with the other participants selected by LIV management".

I think that right there is the proverbial nail in their coffin. I have no problems with the format and style of play in LIV. But it just isn’t a legitimate competitive environment. Nobody should be able to have a permanent captaincy. No team should exist in perpetuity. To kick out a few poor performers but allow Phil to retain his team? Get real

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I wasn't surprised honestly. Only time will tell what happens with the merger. I can't say I blame some of them for taking the money but there are consequences that come with it and you have to be willing to accept that.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Am I the only one who thinks it is easy to do.

1.  LIV events are 3/4 as long as regular, so winner gets 3/4 as many points as a 72 hole event.

2.  No cut?  Typically a cut is half of the field, so only the top half of a LIV event gets points.

3.  Relegation?  Huh?  If LIV gets pro rata points as I propose, I don't think relegation, a la futbol, is an issue.  If you perform well, you are in, if you don't play well, zzzzzz.

4.  The 4 majors we recognize are each run by a different organization.  Each organization can decide to officially or unofficialy allocate maybe 5 spots to the top LIV players, and one year at a time.  The Augusta is a private event so they can offer whatever they want, whatever they think is best.  The USGA is an OPEN, so they can easily justify allocating spots, and the R&A is also an OPEN.  The PGA Championship is different, but I think the full tens of 1000s of PGA professionals can vote whatever they want their event to be.  I suspect that they are not jealous of the LIV money to the point of not letting LIV into the PGA Championship.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

I was reading an article and quotes from Official World Golf Ranking board members about their decision.  Many felt they could find ways of overcoming the 54 hole and no cut policies.  From what I took away from the discussion it was LIV's "closed shop" policy that prevented them from being awarded OWGR points.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

7 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Am I the only one who thinks it is easy to do.

1.  LIV events are 3/4 as long as regular, so winner gets 3/4 as many points as a 72 hole event.

2.  No cut?  Typically a cut is half of the field, so only the top half of a LIV event gets points.

3.  Relegation?  Huh?  If LIV gets pro rata points as I propose, I don't think relegation, a la futbol, is an issue.  If you perform well, you are in, if you don't play well, zzzzzz.

4.  The 4 majors we recognize are each run by a different organization.  Each organization can decide to officially or unofficialy allocate maybe 5 spots to the top LIV players, and one year at a time.  The Augusta is a private event so they can offer whatever they want, whatever they think is best.  The USGA is an OPEN, so they can easily justify allocating spots, and the R&A is also an OPEN.  The PGA Championship is different, but I think the full tens of 1000s of PGA professionals can vote whatever they want their event to be.  I suspect that they are not jealous of the LIV money to the point of not letting LIV into the PGA Championship.

The OWGR has set rules which all tours need to meet in order to receive OWGR so they can be appropriately ranked on the world stage. LIV doesn't meet these, that's the simple part. 

Also who knows if they even last for more than another few years. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I get some of the points about not being as competitive, but no points? It just all has become so political, do not like that and should not be such a big part of sports. I don't know the right solution, but this doesn't seem like it...

Edited by RockerFCC

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

17 minutes ago, RockerFCC said:

I get some of the points about not being as competitive, but no points? It just all has become so political, do not like that and should not be such a big part of sports. I don't know the right solution, but this doesn't seem like it...

I don't think this is about politics anymore. I would rather see them have access to points on a greatly reduced scale instead of zero points but the whole limited field an no cuts thing is hard to look past. For that matter, there shouldn't be any points awarded to PGAT events that are also non-cut.

22 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I don't think this is about politics anymore. I would rather see them have access to points on a greatly reduced scale instead of zero points but the whole limited field an no cuts thing is hard to look past. For that matter, there shouldn't be any points awarded to PGAT events that are also non-cut.

The non cut fields were typically the world golf championships which required the golfers in the field to be in the top 64 of owgr. Yes like LIV limited field and no cut but since the pga and dp world tours met the criteria for their events to get owgr it carries over to these type of events.

The questionable one is tigers event that’s is limited field and not an officially sanctioned tour event.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

If Tiger and Rory’s venture gets any points then all of us should be screaming foul. 

23 minutes ago, Preeway said:

If Tiger and Rory’s venture gets any points then all of us should be screaming foul. 

I can't see them even asking for points.  It's all virtual and it will be interesting to see if it survives.  The technology is going to be incredible but will people stick around after the first handful of events.  I was reading that the putting surface will have 100's of actuators that can mimic that particular hole exactly the way it is at the actual course.   

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter