What bag do you use?

Bearded_Goober

On 6/20/2023 at 7:58 AM, Shapotomous said:

I just moved my sticks from a sun mtn h2no to the MGS special buy Jones stand bag.

IMG_20230606_143743452.jpg.6dd94a3d92c24729eb151b4b8d4ae1c0.jpg

SWMBO has a sun mtn C130 cart bag

Impressions  or pros/cons regarding the Jones bag? 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

I use a vessel bag I won in a YouTube giveaway. Love it. Also saw some fellow golfers eyeing it up when I was in the pro shop this morning

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 6/20/2023 at 6:58 AM, Shapotomous said:

I just moved my sticks from a sun mtn h2no to the MGS special buy Jones stand bag.

IMG_20230606_143743452.jpg.6dd94a3d92c24729eb151b4b8d4ae1c0.jpg

SWMBO has a sun mtn C130 cart bag

Good looking bag. I have a recent model Jones and like it quite a bit.  Trying a C130 currently but thinking I may just switch back as I don't have all that much use for whatever someone is supposed to get from C130 vs Jones/stand bag.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

1 hour ago, Edub said:

Good morning fellow golfers,

My very first post here.  Our team uses the Vessel VLX bags.  While it isn't the lightest, they are extremely comfortable to carry.  Aesthetically, they are ultra cool.  From a functional standpoint, you do have to be a minimalist to make this work.  The two largest pockets hold enough but you'll be hard pressed to stow bulky items or even rain gear.  I carry 14 clubs and even with .580 grips, they ALWAYS get stuck.  The nylon dividers that run down the length of the bag were ripped within a few months of using.  One thing we noticed is that the clip that holds the legs together has broken on about half of my team's bag, including mine.  

Eric golf bag.jpg

You aren't lying. It is super cool looking.  But as a former golf team coach, I am shocked they put you in this minimal of a bag.  If they were playing and needing their rain gear, something tells me you'd have a different model ⛈️

WITB

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

59 minutes ago, Badams69 said:

You aren't lying. It is super cool looking.  But as a former golf team coach, I am shocked they put you in this minimal of a bag.  If they were playing and needing their rain gear, something tells me you'd have a different model ⛈️

My choice was to go larger.  The head coach said Vessel said other teams were using this bag and there was enough room for all clubs and gear.  I'm not saying it can't be done but it's difficult and you can't just "throw" everything in.  Personally, I think Sun Mountain makes the most efficient and thought out carry bags.  For my team, I've used Ping, One with Golf, Titleist, Srixon and now Vessel.  We try to get at least 2 seasons with the bag.  The Srixon barely made it, the others didn't; we'll see how the Vesel holds up....

On 6/19/2023 at 6:54 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

I have a navy Ping hoofer stand bag. Though as I've switched to a push cart, I could actually use something a little bigger for storage options and not having the legs in the way when I load up. But I'm not going to switch just to do it. I'll stay with the Ping till it's pretty old. I got close to 15 years out of my last bag

I have an older Hoofer (1st generation) that I bought at Goodwill some 10 years ago now. It still works. Only problem I had with it was 2 things. The Superstroke grip I was using tended to hang up plus cart guys in this area tend to squeeze the living schmidt out of it. Still have it in the shop with my Vintage Hogan Precision set up in it. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

7 minutes ago, Edub said:

My choice was to go larger.  The head coach said Vessel said other teams were using this bag and there was enough room for all clubs and gear.  I'm not saying it can't be done but it's difficult and you can't just "throw" everything in.  Personally, I think Sun Mountain makes the most efficient and thought out carry bags.  For my team, I've used Ping, One with Golf, Titleist, Srixon and now Vessel.  We try to get at least 2 seasons with the bag.  The Srixon barely made it, the others didn't; we'll see how the Vesel holds up....

That Vessel rep should be ashamed! LOL

When I was buying my Jones bag, I had just retired from coaching ..... Holy Smokes their team bags looked fantastic ...... think San Jose St was using them then.  

Sun Mountain makes a great bag - our experience with bags purchased prior to my taking over the last program, was that they fell apart for a few players.  In fairness most players had zero issues.

We did Ping simply because they .... well, are PING.  Players could sell their bag and we just bought replacement ball pouches and had them embroidered.

WITB

On 6/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, Golf2Much said:

Since at my home course we must take a cart, I purchased a 2023 Ping Pioneer cart bag.  It proudly displays the MGS Virtual Championship Tour tag!

Newbag.JPG.50f4fa750e89932fe37b1214dd17c1f4.JPG  MGSVirtualTournamentTag.jpg.40d75b33f0e141459710252cfc99aece.jpg

When I travel, I have a Jones bag that I've had for 25 years.  It fits better in my Glove Club travel cover.

Jonesbag.jpg.10fb7886242b2b82eee063366dd6e01e.jpg

I'm looking forward to replacing it with a new special edition MGS Jones bag during the next offering.  I had my wife pick out the color to help smooth me getting another new bag!

Love the old Jones Classic stand bag---- When you get your new one hit me up if you want to sell that one--- I love old broken in Jones Bags

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

31 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I have an older Hoofer (1st generation) that I bought at Goodwill some 10 years ago now. It still works. Only problem I had with it was 2 things. The Superstroke grip I was using tended to hang up plus cart guys in this area tend to squeeze the living schmidt out of it. Still have it in the shop with my Vintage Hogan Precision set up in it. 

When I was a caddy it's the bag almost eveyone at the club had. It was pretty easy to double loop with them too. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, Edub said:

My choice was to go larger.  

pic of that SJSU Jones bag I was referencing. I thought it looked clean as heck.

And a cool white version that appears to be a smaller model.  Though it could be a different brand, I do think it's a Jones, but maybe not.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 2.37.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 2.41.16 PM.png

WITB

21 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

When I was a caddy it's the bag almost eveyone at the club had. It was pretty easy to double loop with them too. 

double loop - is that hoofing for two golfers simultaneously?    If so - how does that work, I saw some youtube play and one caddy, seemed one guy was always having to wait his turn and caddy was here, there and everywhere but not at once, of course.  Is it as much slower or as much more work, as it appeared to be???

WITB

2 hours ago, GaryF said:

Impressions  or pros/cons regarding the Jones bag? 

I havent been able to use it much yet...just one 9 hole and one 18 hole round both riding in a cart.  I wanted a stand bag because of practice sessions.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Love the old Jones Classic stand bag---- When you get your new one hit me up if you want to sell that one--- I love old broken in Jones Bags

@BIG STU, I'd love to, but it has too much sentimental value.  It was given to me after I finished a year as President of an international professional society.   It has a leather tab where the "X" handle attaches that has my name and the year I was president.  That's how I know it's 25 years old!  I couldn't in good conscience let it go.  If I ever decide to part with it, you'll be the first to know!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

28 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I havent been able to use it much yet...just one 9 hole and one 18 hole round both riding in a cart.  I wanted a stand bag because of practice sessions.

That would be my primary use.  We always use a cart because of our terrain, but I carry to the range, and occasionally when it is CPO, I might unleash the bag from the cart and carry to the ball, and maybe to the green depending on what shots my playing partner has in front of him or her. When it starts getting 90ish degrees, like last Sunday, my wife and I will take a small cooler for a couple drinks, sandwich or power bars.  When I read the cooler portion could hold 4 cans of beverage, I wasn’t impressed but rethinking it would be a good thing. I lve on a green on our back nine, and thinking I could walk 9 in the evening as the Trooper is listed at 5 lbs.

Also love the look of the Spartan bag - Go Green!   Oh, wrong school….

Edited by GaryF

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

1 hour ago, Badams69 said:

pic of that SJSU Jones bag I was referencing. I thought it looked clean as heck.

And a cool white version that appears to be a smaller model.  Though it could be a different brand, I do think it's a Jones, but maybe not.

It's a Jones bag.  Plenty of space.  One of the teams in our conference had them last year.  Their players didn't like the way they carried, really poor balance.  I think that of all the bags we've used, the Vessel carries the best.  

27 minutes ago, Edub said:

It's a Jones bag.  Plenty of space.  One of the teams in our conference had them last year.  Their players didn't like the way they carried, really poor balance.  I think that of all the bags we've used, the Vessel carries the best.  

I can see that.  Given I don't walk 18 anymore with it strapped on my shoulder, that eluded me.  Guess the trick is to find the trinity of all 3, easy to carry well/lighter than most, durable, and sharp!  Vessel just needs to add a little back patio and it is the perfect house!

WITB

17 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

@BIG STU, I'd love to, but it has too much sentimental value.  It was given to me after I finished a year as President of an international professional society.   It has a leather tab where the "X" handle attaches that has my name and the year I was president.  That's how I know it's 25 years old!  I couldn't in good conscience let it go.  If I ever decide to part with it, you'll be the first to know!

Thanks and I can understand and respect the sentimental value

G

18 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Both are Jones the top one I think is the Utility Rover The bottom one is a classic stand

G

16 hours ago, Edub said:

If I was going to strictly carry I would go with the Jones Original which has no stand or spine to it. It is the lightest to carry. 

G

Nice Stu, OG!  Those were the coolest bags back in the 80's!  On New Years Day, my group tees off with a persimmon driver just to bring us back.  Pretty cool chatting golf with all of you.  Looking forward to meeting and playing some of the posters too!

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

If I was going to strictly carry I would go with the Jones Original which has no stand or spine to it. It is the lightest to carry. 

It may be due to when I started playing but ...... that bag is THE GOLD STANDARD for carry bags!  We had those in the 80s and man oh man we thought they were the best.   Still are and the older ones still run strong due to quality (except that rats nest in the dividers gets pretty nasty).

WITB

On 6/19/2023 at 8:05 AM, CaptStang said:

For cart use: Ping Hoofer

For carry: Jones

Jones Trooper?  Any issues with the clubs binding or tangling with a full bag of clubs?

On 6/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, FDC said:

I use Ping Hoofer 14 stand bag. I love all the pockets. Magnetic pocket where I keep tees. The weight is nice to carry but works well in a cart. I also like the club sleeves that helps keep all clubs organized and also lets me know that there is a club missing if I forget to pick up a wedge after putting.

All of the reviews I have read on other sites (eg, pgatss), they all say it is a great bag for storage, etc, but many frustrations with clubs snagging and getting tangled.  Have you experienced that?

On 6/19/2023 at 7:36 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

I currently have a sun mountain stand bag. I had the Ogio Exo for years prior to the sun mountain.  Really digging the Mizuno stand bags but alas, I have Titleist irons so I'm thinking I'll need to go with a Titleist bag so the irons don't develop bad juju😁🤣😂

I really like the look of the Mizuno bag and recently ordered Mizuno irons, but have read a lot of complaints that range over the past few years of legs that don’t open and shoulder strap tears. Any issues?

8 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I really like the look of the Mizuno bag and recently ordered Mizuno irons, but have read a lot of complaints that range over the past few years of legs that don’t open and shoulder strap tears. Any issues?

@GaryF,

Are you asking about my Sun Mountain bag or the Mizuno Bag?  I don't have the Mizuno bag.  The sun mountain is ok, legs don't seem to hold up like the Ogio.  Only had the sun mountain 6 years. No tearing on the Sun Mountain.

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

14 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

@GaryF,

Are you asking about my Sun Mountain bag or the Mizuno Bag?  I don't have the Mizuno bag.  The sun mountain is ok, legs don't seem to hold up like the Ogio.  Only had the sun mountain 6 years. No tearing on the Sun Mountain.

Sorry, I misread your post.

35 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Jones Trooper?  Any issues with the clubs binding or tangling with a full bag of clubs?

I have that bag and have far less issue dealing with getting clubs in and out of it than I do with my C-130.

If that helps.   Do they get crossed at times, sure.  But nothing that a slight wiggle doesn't take care of.

WITB

6 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Sorry, I misread your post.

No worries!

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I have a Linksoul Linksouldier bag. It looks great, is light and has a rain hood. Really all I need EXCEPT it is very small. I can't fit 13 clubs in there easily since I have a GIGANTIC LAB 2.1 putter. So I will likely have to get a ping hoofer here in a few months (I really want a ping without any logos on it which I think I can order through a pro shop). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832