Shot Scope Live Q&A 4pm EST! Join Here! ×

SuperSpeed Golf - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

So I did my third session on Friday evening and did not find good results. It’s official that the morning is the best time for me. After working and chasing two kids around finishing the day with the protocol was less than ideal.

Almost all of my numbers were actually lower than the previous two sessions. I am not sure my weekend is going to help mondays session because I had a disc golf tournament Saturday and a disc golf experience at pocono raceway today so I’m pretty shot right now. We will see how I feel in the morning.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

4 minutes ago, tommyb1683 said:

So I did my third session on Friday evening and did not find good results. It’s official that the morning is the best time for me. After working and chasing two kids around finishing the day with the protocol was less than ideal.

Almost all of my numbers were actually lower than the previous two sessions. I am not sure my weekend is going to help mondays session because I had a disc golf tournament Saturday and a disc golf experience at pocono raceway today so I’m pretty shot right now. We will see how I feel in the morning.

I’m not sure, but it would be my opinion that some days you just won’t be “on”, yet the training will still be helpful towards the final goal. I’ve found that I don’t always do better in every category, yet in the same session, some areas are better… it’s a cumulative thing that hopefully scales upwards over time- remember, we are shooting for 5%? Over a 10 week period? That’s not a huge increase overall..

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

12 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m not sure, but it would be my opinion that some days you just won’t be “on”, yet the training will still be helpful towards the final goal. I’ve found that I don’t always do better in every category, yet in the same session, some areas are better… it’s a cumulative thing that hopefully scales upwards over time- remember, we are shooting for 5%? Over a 10 week period? That’s not a huge increase overall..

Valid point that it’s about the end goal. I could definitely feel the difference in my energy levels and I want to make sure that I put forth my best effort and could tell it wasn’t. Your reasoning is why I still did the training even after a long day. Plus it’s only week 1 and there is plenty more to get through.

WITB

17 hours ago, tommyb1683 said:

Valid point that it’s about the end goal. I could definitely feel the difference in my energy levels and I want to make sure that I put forth my best effort and could tell it wasn’t. Your reasoning is why I still did the training even after a long day. Plus it’s only week 1 and there is plenty more to get through.

Yeah, later when I get some time to sit down in front of a computer for a while I'm going to talk about my bad day on Friday in training, and the good day on Sunday. I think it just comes from time after time really. I do have a goal update though for week 2 and guess, what... it's a positive update! Hopefully I'll get it in later today, but I have updated the spreadsheet at the top of the thread.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Alright, so like I mentioned in an earlier post I was pretty nervous about my session this morning since I had a very physically demanding weekend. I was pleasantly surprised, after doing my warm up I started out the training day with clubhead speeds of 121mph and ended the session with a couple of them hitting 125mph and all of my numbers just keep climbing as seen below. I almost feel as this training is helping me hit more solid contact on the ball as well already, my smash factor continues to climb and I am hitting the ball closer to the center of the face. I am not sure what type of voodoo these clubs have in them but I am a fan of these numbers and will continue to try and make them better. 

W2Session1.jpg.d9b710dac586bf16008518e5160d96c6.jpg

W2S1Postdrive2.jpg.87561283daf732c37180e51fc9970f65.jpgW2S1Post.jpg.8ffeef7723b700eeb68f519f14d7da69.jpgW2Session1postdrive.jpg.52bdfab9627b8fd122c728618acb7339.jpg

36 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Yeah, later when I get some time to sit down in front of a computer for a while I'm going to talk about my bad day on Friday in training, and the good day on Sunday. I think it just comes from time after time really. I do have a goal update though for week 2 and guess, what... it's a positive update! Hopefully I'll get it in later today, but I have updated the spreadsheet at the top of the thread.

I feel like we are having similar experiences right now, I just posted my first session after a bad session and it felt great.

WITB

12 minutes ago, tommyb1683 said:

Alright, so like I mentioned in an earlier post I was pretty nervous about my session this morning since I had a very physically demanding weekend. I was pleasantly surprised, after doing my warm up I started out the training day with clubhead speeds of 121mph and ended the session with a couple of them hitting 125mph and all of my numbers just keep climbing as seen below. I almost feel as this training is helping me hit more solid contact on the ball as well already, my smash factor continues to climb and I am hitting the ball closer to the center of the face. I am not sure what type of voodoo these clubs have in them but I am a fan of these numbers and will continue to try and make them better. 

W2Session1.jpg.d9b710dac586bf16008518e5160d96c6.jpg

W2S1Postdrive2.jpg.87561283daf732c37180e51fc9970f65.jpgW2S1Post.jpg.8ffeef7723b700eeb68f519f14d7da69.jpgW2Session1postdrive.jpg.52bdfab9627b8fd122c728618acb7339.jpg

I feel like we are having similar experiences right now, I just posted my first session after a bad session and it felt great.

Outside of the actual speed differences... maybe! You'll see how bad that middle session was though, not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Similar numbers today to last session. But I agree about striking the ball better. A lot of good drives today, and a few of them were a bit longer than normal. It’s a little hard to tell sometimes as it’s wet and cold every morning at sun-up, and we get very little roll out

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Alright, let's discuss the week that was. First, the air quality got better as the week went on, but that gave me little joy as the results from my training on Friday were nothing to write home about.

YELLOW

Right Side: 101, 102, 101  Left Side: 81, 84, 82  Right Side Step: 102, 96, 96  Left Side Step: 82, 81, 83      Max Out: 106, 104, 103

GREEN

Right Side: 99, 98, 99  Left Side: 77, 79, 79  Right Side Step: 94, 91, 86  Left Side Step: 57, 60, 60   

BLUE

Right Side:95, 96, 95  Left Side: 79, 72, 74  Right Side Step: 78, 81, 75  Left Side Step: 67, 45, 45

DRIVER SWINGS

93, 95, 95, 96, 94

Simply put, I hit an absolute brick wall on Friday night. Some of it was frustration, some of it was just tiredness, some of it fatigue. The only upside from this is that I found myself so angry at myself that I hit my highest Max Out swing to this point at 106 out of pure unsubstantiated rage. Why did I hit the wall? Probably a combination of a stressful day at work/doctor's appointment, a lack of dinner to that point, and just general malaise due to the long week I had. In short, while some people work out more efficiently and better under rage and frustration, I do not with Superspeed. While I am going to be an evening tester most likely during the week due to work, it's not going to be something that I'm going to do on an empty stomach or with an upset mind.

Now, fast forward to Saturday. I haven't been playing much because my usual game on Saturday morning has been taken over by tournament season, basically every week there's something, and instead, my local game, which is full of retirees, has moved to Monday and Friday, the time I can't make due to work. Part of this is why next season for the first time ever, and with the missus' permission, I might look to join a club where I can get regular play and not feel hamstrung by these scheduling impacts. However, the course opened at 6 pm and with a cart I was able to fly around in 8 minutes for a 9 hole round. I was using my new Voice Caddie VC4 gps to get distances from the tee and let me tell you something, I was moving the ball of the tee, comparatively speaking. I played from the blues and while the course isn't the longest, It was nice to have closer yardages than I ended last year with. We play our skins from the white tees and when I get to there... oh boy do I feel like some low rounds will be coming my way. The scorecard is below and I'll note that outside of the drive of 3, none of these felt like perfect swings, but they did feel like faster swings. Distance for the 4th hole was done via 5 iron for position, and 9 was a 4 iron. Also, I lipped out birdie putts on 2, 6, and 8 after hitting shots to within 10 feet on each hole.

image.png.4229f1a8cf24ab868a41e67ee62b03c1.png

Alright, now that you see that, let's talk about Sunday afternoon. Before we left for dinner and after a late snack type lunch, missing out on my wife's chorizo tacos, I decided to take on session three of the week. Here's how that one broke down.

YELLOW

Right Side: 102, 104, 104  Left Side: 80, 82, 86  Right Side Step: 102, 100, 99  Left Side Step: 80, 81, 79      Max Out: 108, 107, 107

GREEN

Right Side: 99, 98, 97  Left Side: 79, 80, 83  Right Side Step: 95, 93, 92  Left Side Step: 76, 77, 76   

BLUE

Right Side: 96, 95, 97  Left Side: 81, 81, 79  Right Side Step: 88, 87, 89  Left Side Step: 71, 70, 72

DRIVER SWINGS

94, 96, 97, 97, 96

After the Friday session to come back and see the marked improvement made me very very happy and proud of myself. We also closed that session with 5 driver swings, all of which were among the fastest swings I've taken so far. So I went back and looked at my goals for this week and whether or not we're able to check them off.

1: 5 swing driver average of 95 mph, with a top out at 100 mph. I consider this half complete as the final swing average was 96 even for the week, although we're still a few MPH away from triple digits

2: 1 Max Out swing at 108 or higher. Check please! Really happy to have hit this range for me as it shows we're moving in the right direction.

3: All left handed standard swings over 80 mph. Close, but no cigar. We barely missed it this week, and we'll try to get it done in week 3.

Still though, my body is having trouble sequencing the step swing, and I think I figured out why by watching the protocol video again for tips. I've been attempting to time the step with the beginning of the downswing, when instead I've been needing to make the step at the start of the backswing. A stupid mistake but one that undoubtedly has thrown off the timing and made it ineffective. We'll see what happens with it on Wednesday when we get back to it.

Also, I'll close by showing you guys the force I'm trying to get off the ground and the pressure I'm putting myself in this swing. I'm currently swinging in my gravel driveway and in this photo you'll hopefully see the footprints. Also, a photo that shows what can happen when you're swinging on gravel and that air swing gets a little close to the ground. Good news, +1 for durability Superspeed!

image.png.8ec7775f23c732b7be1773892fbc2918.png

image.png.e12362cadddbd0d326924b0ab1daae08.png

SIK Golf Flo-C

6 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, let's discuss the week that was. First, the air quality got better as the week went on, but that gave me little joy as the results from my training on Friday were nothing to write home about.

YELLOW

Right Side: 101, 102, 101  Left Side: 81, 84, 82  Right Side Step: 102, 96, 96  Left Side Step: 82, 81, 83      Max Out: 106, 104, 103

GREEN

Right Side: 99, 98, 99  Left Side: 77, 79, 79  Right Side Step: 94, 91, 86  Left Side Step: 57, 60, 60   

BLUE

Right Side:95, 96, 95  Left Side: 79, 72, 74  Right Side Step: 78, 81, 75  Left Side Step: 67, 45, 45

DRIVER SWINGS

93, 95, 95, 96, 94

Simply put, I hit an absolute brick wall on Friday night. Some of it was frustration, some of it was just tiredness, some of it fatigue. The only upside from this is that I found myself so angry at myself that I hit my highest Max Out swing to this point at 106 out of pure unsubstantiated rage. Why did I hit the wall? Probably a combination of a stressful day at work/doctor's appointment, a lack of dinner to that point, and just general malaise due to the long week I had. In short, while some people work out more efficiently and better under rage and frustration, I do not with Superspeed. While I am going to be an evening tester most likely during the week due to work, it's not going to be something that I'm going to do on an empty stomach or with an upset mind.

Now, fast forward to Saturday. I haven't been playing much because my usual game on Saturday morning has been taken over by tournament season, basically every week there's something, and instead, my local game, which is full of retirees, has moved to Monday and Friday, the time I can't make due to work. Part of this is why next season for the first time ever, and with the missus' permission, I might look to join a club where I can get regular play and not feel hamstrung by these scheduling impacts. However, the course opened at 6 pm and with a cart I was able to fly around in 8 minutes for a 9 hole round. I was using my new Voice Caddie VC4 gps to get distances from the tee and let me tell you something, I was moving the ball of the tee, comparatively speaking. I played from the blues and while the course isn't the longest, It was nice to have closer yardages than I ended last year with. We play our skins from the white tees and when I get to there... oh boy do I feel like some low rounds will be coming my way. The scorecard is below and I'll note that outside of the drive of 3, none of these felt like perfect swings, but they did feel like faster swings. Distance for the 4th hole was done via 5 iron for position, and 9 was a 4 iron. Also, I lipped out birdie putts on 2, 6, and 8 after hitting shots to within 10 feet on each hole.

image.png.4229f1a8cf24ab868a41e67ee62b03c1.png

Alright, now that you see that, let's talk about Sunday afternoon. Before we left for dinner and after a late snack type lunch, missing out on my wife's chorizo tacos, I decided to take on session three of the week. Here's how that one broke down.

YELLOW

Right Side: 102, 104, 104  Left Side: 80, 82, 86  Right Side Step: 102, 100, 99  Left Side Step: 80, 81, 79      Max Out: 108, 107, 107

GREEN

Right Side: 99, 98, 97  Left Side: 79, 80, 83  Right Side Step: 95, 93, 92  Left Side Step: 76, 77, 76   

BLUE

Right Side: 96, 95, 97  Left Side: 81, 81, 79  Right Side Step: 88, 87, 89  Left Side Step: 71, 70, 72

DRIVER SWINGS

94, 96, 97, 97, 96

After the Friday session to come back and see the marked improvement made me very very happy and proud of myself. We also closed that session with 5 driver swings, all of which were among the fastest swings I've taken so far. So I went back and looked at my goals for this week and whether or not we're able to check them off.

1: 5 swing driver average of 95 mph, with a top out at 100 mph. I consider this half complete as the final swing average was 96 even for the week, although we're still a few MPH away from triple digits

2: 1 Max Out swing at 108 or higher. Check please! Really happy to have hit this range for me as it shows we're moving in the right direction.

3: All left handed standard swings over 80 mph. Close, but no cigar. We barely missed it this week, and we'll try to get it done in week 3.

Still though, my body is having trouble sequencing the step swing, and I think I figured out why by watching the protocol video again for tips. I've been attempting to time the step with the beginning of the downswing, when instead I've been needing to make the step at the start of the backswing. A stupid mistake but one that undoubtedly has thrown off the timing and made it ineffective. We'll see what happens with it on Wednesday when we get back to it.

Also, I'll close by showing you guys the force I'm trying to get off the ground and the pressure I'm putting myself in this swing. I'm currently swinging in my gravel driveway and in this photo you'll hopefully see the footprints. Also, a photo that shows what can happen when you're swinging on gravel and that air swing gets a little close to the ground. Good news, +1 for durability Superspeed!

image.png.8ec7775f23c732b7be1773892fbc2918.png

image.png.e12362cadddbd0d326924b0ab1daae08.png

Great to see you are making progress. 

I must admit it is incredible how time of day, mindset and just overall outside factors can impact speed along with everything else. Can't help but think of how it also relates to on course play to.

Thanks for the update and keep em coming!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 6/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

How has everyone found the fatigue factor so far? Have you found the best time of day to do Training or? 

I just can’t fathom the amount of  fatigue from a 20 minute session…….

I am doing my sessions in the mid mornings, about the same time that I am playing on the alternate days. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I finished my second week yesterday, with good results. My intention was to go to the range today to update my speed for swings "with ball", but it's raining so that will wait until tomorrow. Results for my sixth session (fastest swing only) are as follows:

Dominant - Yellow - 85; Green - 83; Blue - 81

Non-Dominant - Yellow - 75, Green - 71; Blue - 72

Step Dominant - Yellow - 87; Green - 85; Blue - 82

Step Non-Dominant - Yellow - 77, Green - 74, Blue - 71

Final Dominant swings for my second week were 90, 89, and 90 and Driver before and after were 82 and 84 respectively. I am pleased with the results of this training thus far as the initial "Final Dominant" and before/after driver swings were 82, 73 and 77 respectively. I note that the graphs generated on the "Level 1 Tracking" spreadsheet which Tyler sent out show somewhat of a plateauing. It seems not surprising that after some quick initial gains in speed (perhaps I've unlocked speed that was there anyway) further increases will take place on lower trajectory. I'd be interested to know if any of the other testers (or anyone who was used Super Speed training in the past) have observed the same thing. Week 3 starts tomorrow!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

18 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I just can’t fathom the amount of  fatigue from a 20 minute session…….

I am doing my sessions in the mid mornings, about the same time that I am playing on the alternate days. 

I mean, I shower off after every session Foz. A nice cold one after going at it as hard as I can. Once we get to the 2nd week to maintain I'm really wondering how my speeds will work as we add more swings to the protocol. That move to 57 swings at Level two is gonna be real interesting

SIK Golf Flo-C

On 6/8/2023 at 1:51 PM, Berg Ryman said:

So I could probably wear the fitbit during training, although I don't wear a watch when I play. I'll say this, I've been primarily an evening swinger in this system and some of those days have been very warm, and some, like last night, were in the soft summer rain as Mr. Springsteen once called it, but after every set I go into my shower and just let some cold water run down this big ol' mass of flesh. I'm not in the best shape of anyone doing this, but even if you are, it's a hell of a quick blast and really makes me wonder how I'll feel when we up the number of swings from 39 in training to 57 in level 2. That's going to be a fun time!

Also, yes, I did some swing training last night after the rain came and cleared up some of the smoke out of the atmosphere, which was nice. My wife tracked but because of the rain, she kept numbers on the phone so no photo of a legal pad for you with this post, although the numbers are being transposed for record-keeping purposes. You'll also notice if you click on the top of the thread where there's the google document, I've changed my fastest swing. I will keep 5 swing averages for post-workout sets for myself, but seeing how everyone else is doing what we were told and just putting in the fastest single swing, I'm joining that party. As such we are starting this week at 94 MPH, which is up 2 MPH from where we started last week and near the top out of 95 from last week.

So thoughts on the Wednesday night swing. First, the rain had little effect on grip thanks to having a solid set of rain gloves. If anything, it may have helped because coming in with slightly more grip pressure was a necessity to stop the club from slipping. The biggest note though, I felt like I've figured out moving that green stick in space. You'll see with the numbers below that I was moving it nearly equal to the yellow stick and I have a thought as to why that is. My body hasn't figured out how to best optimize the movement to get the yellow stick speeds up, but as green is slightly closer to club weight, my body has figured that one out a little easier. It's going to be worth watching to see if I can better optimize yellow because I feel like I'm close, I just need to get my brain to lock it into place. Another good note, almost hit my opposite swing goals of all regular swings over 80 for a session, which seems very doable. Without further ado, here's the swing numbers.

YELLOW

Right Side Swings: 100, 103, 104  Left Side: 83, 84, 85         Right Side Step Swing: 103, 103, 102    Left Side Step Swing:  79, 80, 83              Max out at end: 104, 105, 104

GREEN

Right Side Swings: 103, 102, 101  Left Side: 79, 80, 84         Right Side Step Swing: 98, 99, 96    Left Side Step Swing:  81, 78, 77

BLUE

Right Side Swings: 97, 96, 94  Left Side: 77,76,80         Right Side Step Swing: 98, 93, 94    Left Side Step Swing:  77, 71, 78

Driver swings at end: Fastest swing was 96

SO not crazy impressive like some in the thread yet, but I feel like something is coming soon with a big jump. Also, I may need to space things better because fatigue can be an issue nearing the end of the session, even with the breaks. Just have to get those reps in I suppose!  

Nothing wrong with adding in a bit more rest during the swings, especially after the start. Might try resting after changing each club for the first few weeks. It won't add much time to your training and will help you to get more speed!

On 6/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, Sluggo42 said:

This is always a debate we have with our users. I have centered on the idea that if you are like 5 to 7 mph slower than normal, I would just shut it down for that day and then go again the next day when you are feeling more refreshed. Not skipping the session, just moving it back a day. If you are just a couple of mph slower than normal then this is where you push through. I for example on Saturday my green dominant swings were about 7 mph slower than normal, but then my non dominant swings were actually faster than the last time. So then I kept swinging and my blue club swings were right where they were the last time. So I decided to keep training. Use that radar as a guide, pushing through all 39 swings when you are signifcantly slower can be detrimental to gains, but having a few swings slower then others that jump up or are similar can be good. 

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

I finished my second week yesterday, with good results. My intention was to go to the range today to update my speed for swings "with ball", but it's raining so that will wait until tomorrow. Results for my sixth session (fastest swing only) are as follows:

Dominant - Yellow - 85; Green - 83; Blue - 81

Non-Dominant - Yellow - 75, Green - 71; Blue - 72

Step Dominant - Yellow - 87; Green - 85; Blue - 82

Step Non-Dominant - Yellow - 77, Green - 74, Blue - 71

Final Dominant swings for my second week were 90, 89, and 90 and Driver before and after were 82 and 84 respectively. I am pleased with the results of this training thus far as the initial "Final Dominant" and before/after driver swings were 82, 73 and 77 respectively. I note that the graphs generated on the "Level 1 Tracking" spreadsheet which Tyler sent out show somewhat of a plateauing. It seems not surprising that after some quick initial gains in speed (perhaps I've unlocked speed that was there anyway) further increases will take place on lower trajectory. I'd be interested to know if any of the other testers (or anyone who was used Super Speed training in the past) have observed the same thing. Week 3 starts tomorrow!

You will for sure get some initial big jumps, that will maybe level off a bit and then incrementally keep going up and up throughout the rest of the 10 weeks. Goal and what we see again and again is that 5 to 7% number. But each player is different. I actually had an LPGA player I was working with for the past year, she had some nice steady gains for a while, our goal was to get to 98 mph of CHS, after we hit that she wanted 100. After four weeks of only training once a week due to a busy training schedule she did a driver session and had three driver speeds over 100 mph. So this is why we cycle through the 3x a week primary training that you are in now, and the 1x a week maintenance that you will begin after the 10 weeks. Its the ebbs and flows and being consistent leads to those gains that may come a little differently for every player.

15 minutes ago, DrTstandy said:

You will for sure get some initial big jumps, that will maybe level off a bit and then incrementally keep going up and up throughout the rest of the 10 weeks. Goal and what we see again and again is that 5 to 7% number. But each player is different. I actually had an LPGA player I was working with for the past year, she had some nice steady gains for a while, our goal was to get to 98 mph of CHS, after we hit that she wanted 100. After four weeks of only training once a week due to a busy training schedule she did a driver session and had three driver speeds over 100 mph. So this is why we cycle through the 3x a week primary training that you are in now, and the 1x a week maintenance that you will begin after the 10 weeks. Its the ebbs and flows and being consistent leads to those gains that may come a little differently for every player.

Thanks for this input. A 7% increase over my starting driver (hitting a ball) would equate to about 80 mph, which I feel very confident that I can achieve and perhaps beat. It strikes me that 82 (a 9% increase) should be doable! 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

A quick progress check yesterday after 2 weeks of the training, things are trending up.

Screenshot2023-06-13at11_51_57AM.png.7a072146b521ce6c5f1b3c114cfbca60.png

This was the final swing from that set:

IMG_0658.jpg.a7720037f59b6321040925ff9f977a9e.jpg

After last night's session, I won't be doing another session until Friday this week, because I am going on a single-push mountaineering effort with some friends after work on Wednesday and through the day Thursday. I don't want to put a session in Wednesday morning because I'll need maximum energy and fitness for the climb. I should be fully caught up to my normal schedule by the end of next week though.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour