Which company makes the best clubs?

Tsecor

We have seen extensive testing in the ball market, outlining performance and quality.  Has testing on drivers and irons ever been conducted in the same manner?  from a quality standpoint, who makes the best clubs? Titleist? Callaway? TM? Srixon? 

I would be highly interested if there was a series of tests that could be performed on the quality of forgings, shafts, ect which outline the best made clubs......them tie that into performance.

iI often wonder if there is a real difference in the products that sell for 1000's of dollars, especially drivers that are now trending towards $1000+ 

Golf is cool

Other than some made for shafts all the companies use the same shafts. Titleist has probably the strictest qc checks of all the companies on the shafts they get. If there is one shaft out of spec they send the entire shipment back. This happened to a buddy who ordered 718 ap2 irons. The shafts were on backorder pending new shipment from kbs. It got to the Ping titleist pulled a set off the tour truck to fill the order.

They all make quality equipment and all have roughy the same tolerances for loft and lie. 

All the products are good quality. The best club is the one that works for the individual golfer plain and simple 

a quote from Wishon about shafts. It applies to equipment as well.

“There are few things in the golf industry that have become as much of a sore spot with me as this matter of shafts that cost $100, $200, $300 and even more. Shoot, I remember when we all thought a $40 shaft was expensive! What’s even worse are the uninformed golfers who see these $100 – $300 shafts and automatically form the opinion that if it costs that much, it has to be a really good shaft. 

You want to know what the definition of a “good shaft” is? A good shaft is any shaft that has been very accurately matched for its weight, overall stiffness, bend profile, weight distribution and torque to a golfer’s clubhead speed, transition force, downswing tempo, wrist-**** release, strength and sense of feel. That’s the definition of a “good shaft” and it has absolutely nothing to do with brand, model or price.”

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

All the products are good quality. The best club is the one that works for the individual golfer plain and simple 

I completely agree RickyBobby_PR.  People can argue about which company makes the best clubs, but it's all about what you like to look at and how it performs for you.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

I agree with @RickyBobby_PR very rarely will you see an amateur's bag containing only 1 brand.  There's a reason for that. Even on the PGA you're starting to see player's (with equipment deals) use other brands. For example, Scottie Scheffler using Vokey wedges and Srixon irons/Utility irons. Mizuno makes incredible Irons and that's what I play and tend to gravitate towards when shopping. But I am not a fan of their drivers, woods, and wedges. Finding out what works best for the individual is key.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test