Titleist T Series Irons - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

1 minute ago, DonnieGolfs said:

I'm sure there are plenty of options that are high enough quality it wouldn't hurt. The Titleist was great because it was on a range with Pro V1s. The fitter asked if I wanted to know the tweaks or clubs I was hitting or just go blind, I went with the blind trust route. He was measuring my old irons while I hit top, my lie angle on old clubs were all flat. After few hits he shifted me into 1up and changed shafts and it was like I was playing a new sport. We proceeded through my longer irons and seeing my 4 iron return to a high piercing flight felt great. They had different size grips for each shaft too which I hadn't seen before. All in all it was my best fitting from a leaving confident I had got them right and not the feeling of I'm going to be in the wrong clubs in a few weeks. He also recommended Pro V1x to help raise my spin numbers and I haven't gone back. 

This sounds like an awesome experience!

I love the fact that they had different sized grips. I wish more fitters did this. Such an overlooked part 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, DonnieGolfs said:

I have a hard time with sim fitting too because the ball flight just isn't reinforced the same when you see it flying. The feedback isn't the same.

1000 percent agree with this 

Some people just don’t like hitting on a simulator 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

This sounds like an awesome experience!

I love the fact that they had different sized grips. I wish more fitters did this. Such an overlooked part 

Yea seems like a minor detail but changes the whole experience. Grip is such an overlooked factor in so many peoples swings and can fix a lot of issues.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Hey guys heading to the north Georgia mountains tomorrow for three days of golf. I decided to throw my T350s into a new bag emoji378.png!

acdbf3b48f02bbd22fcd6899e515d5cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looking…hit ‘em well!  Would love to see another “shot my age” post!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Very nice looking…hit ‘em well!  Would love to see another “shot my age” post!

Yea me too partner!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 minute ago, StrokerAce said:

1000 percent agree with this 

Some people just don’t like hitting on a simulator 

... Me, Me, Me! I hate it. Or it hates me. I need to be playing and moving outdoors with a target and I can see my trajectory:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t keep score yesterday and only hit T100’s into the par 3’s.

2/2 GIR. First par 3 was 16’ and the second was 8’. 

Precise is how they ended last season and precise is how we’ve begun.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

No better way to finish a round with a nice 8 iron from 152…landed above the hole, ran beyond and ended up here. For par. Almost made the birdie but just like horseshoes and hand grenades…

IMG_4317.jpeg

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Love my T300’s! Almost shot my age two weeks ago, shooting 75 and I am 73.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 4/13/2024 at 1:09 PM, bens197 said:

I can see this happening soon and if not for anything else, it’s that it’s stuck in your head…literally the worst feeling.

... Well that would be me. 🤪 I enjoy hitting my T200 5 iron more than hitting my DHy 4. I have been drawing it a little too much lately so I put my money where my mouth is and just bought a T200 4 iron. 

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well that would be me. 🤪 I enjoy hitting my T200 5 iron more than hitting my DHy 4. I have been drawing it a little too much lately so I put my money where my mouth is and just bought a T200 4 iron. 

The T200 long irons are just so good. Got the T200 3i as part of the '21 T100S iron test, now have 2-4, all "utility build" (2 iron is the '23 model). Strongly prefer the T200 to the U505 and other utility irons I've tried. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

10 hours ago, chisag said:

what shaft did you put in your 4 iron, interesting purchase as I see the trend to 9 woods and hybrids for that distance

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

what shaft did you put in your 4 iron, interesting purchase as I see the trend to 9 woods and hybrids for that distance

... It's about gapping and confidence for me. My 5 iron is my stock 185 club and my 22* hybrid is my 210 club. I was playing a sorta combo club with the TM DHy which isn't quite an iron and not quite a hybrid. Fwiw, I tried a 7 wood and it just launched too high for me so the 22* Ping G430 turned down is a much better fit. Technically the T200 and G430 are both 21* but the longer hybrid shaft and hotter face should be about 10/15yds longer than the T200. And I simply have much more confidence hitting a long iron than I do a fairway wood or hybrid. I find myself in the 200yd range for 2nd shots into two of the par 5's and with trouble left on both I am more comfortable hitting an iron than a hybrid as I can draw a hybrid more than I want at times. I also like hitting a 4 iron off the tee for placement on a couple par 4's depending on the wind. 

... I will put a Steelfiber i80 shaft in the T200. I would add considering Titleist offers the T200 in 4-2 iron with a hybrid shaft as a Utility club, that should tell you how forgiving they are, so not your normal players 4 iron. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It's about gapping and confidence for me. My 5 iron is my stock 185 club and my 22* hybrid is my 210 club. I was playing a sorta combo club with the TM DHy which isn't quite an iron and not quite a hybrid. Fwiw, I tried a 7 wood and it just launched too high for me so the 22* Ping G430 turned down is a much better fit. Technically the T200 and G430 are both 21* but the longer hybrid shaft and hotter face should be about 10/15yds longer than the T200. And I simply have much more confidence hitting a long iron than I do a fairway wood or hybrid. I find myself in the 200yd range for 2nd shots into two of the par 5's and with trouble left on both I am more comfortable hitting an iron than a hybrid as I can draw a hybrid more than I want at times. I also like hitting a 4 iron off the tee for placement on a couple par 4's depending on the wind. 

... I will put a Steelfiber i80 shaft in the T200. I would add considering Titleist offers the T200 in 4-2 iron with a hybrid shaft as a Utility club, that should tell you how forgiving they are, so not your normal players 4 iron. 

Sam,  If you don’t mind spending an extra $7.00 for the shaft and you have access to them, I highly recommend the Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve (black) i80 iron shaft! It’s not just a SteelFiber i80 with a fancy black paint job; these Private Reserve iron shafts have the tightest specifications in both weight and butt frequency of any Aerotech shaft since their legendary “Player’s Spec” iron shafts.

I have used the SteelFiber Private Reserve shafts in customer builds and in some iron shafts for myself, and both my customers and I could not be happier with them!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Sam,  If you don’t mind spending an extra $7.00 for the shaft and you have access to them, I highly recommend the Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve (black) i80 iron shaft! It’s not just a SteelFiber i80 with a fancy black paint job; these Private Reserve iron shafts have the tightest specifications in both weight and butt frequency of any Aerotech shaft since their legendary “Player’s Spec” iron shafts.

I have used the SteelFiber Private Reserve shafts in customer builds and in some iron shafts for myself, and both my customers and I could not be happier with them!

... Very interesting as I have never hit the Private Reserves. Thanks Doug! 

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

all about gapping for certain... love the steelfiber shaft... 

committed to performance excellence

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Very interesting as I have never hit the Private Reserves. Thanks Doug! 

If you have a “trade account” with Golfworks, you can order the shafts from them, and you’ll get a rather substantial discount on the price.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I am using Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve i90 on my 2.0 Edison Enforcer wedges. 

On 5/5/2024 at 11:48 AM, funkyjudge said:

If you have a “trade account” with Golfworks, you can order the shafts from them, and you’ll get a rather substantial discount on the price.

How does one go about this? Do you have to have an actual shop or something, or can any hobbyist get a trade account?

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

1 minute ago, Shrek74 said:

How does one go about this? Do you have to have an actual shop or something, or can any hobbyist get a trade account?

I am pretty sure that you cannot open a trade account with Golfworks as a hobbyist club builder.  I have been a Professional Clubfitter and Clubmaker for more than 30 years, and have my own shop, plus I work out of a golf center with fitting bays and simulators, as well as doing some fittings at an area golf course.

Besides having professional clubfitting/clubmaking credentials, I believe that you have to do a minimum amount of annual business with Golfworks to maintain trade account status. Prior to having a trade account, I enjoyed "preferred customer" status with Golfworks, which got me reasonable discounts, but not quite at the same level as trade account customers get. However, since Golfworks was acquired by GolfGalaxy/Dick's Sporting Goods, the discount levels have not been quite as good overall as they were prior to that time.

Spoiler

Great ball striking day highlighted by shots like this.  Downhill lie with a 7 iron from 175 to 30 feet.  I was extremely pleased with this result.

@cnosil I heeded your advice today on several holes…left was pure trouble so I played the right half of the green for this approach.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Great ball striking day highlighted by shots like this.  Downhill lie with a 7 iron from 175 to 30 feet.  I was extremely pleased with this result.
[mention=15174]cnosil[/mention] I heeded your advice today on several holes…left was pure trouble so I played the right half of the green for this approach.

Looking good!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Things have been clicking with the irons and I am really hitting them well. Stikes have been so pure and have thoroughly enjoyed them along with the performance they have given in all conditions. 

Titleist simply did such a great job with these irons!

I’m genuinely interested to see how they top this lineup in 2025. I’ve never hit a more forgiving and precise iron in my time playing golf. We are very fortunate to be able to play these great clubs. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I love my T150’s! They feel amazing and I think they are the best irons Titleist has made to date.

Titleist TSR2 driver

Titleist TSR2 3 wood

Titleist 915F 7 wood

Titleist T150 4-GW irons

Vokey SM10 wedges 52/58

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 puttet

I played the 2019 T200 for a while and loved them, they just had really heavy shafts that were slowing my swing speed down some. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

13 hours ago, Golfguy2901 said:

I love my T150’s! They feel amazing and I think they are the best irons Titleist has made to date.

I won’t disagree. They cater to a wide spectrum of players and the built in forgiveness is phenomenally engineered.

• Srixon Z-Star XV