Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

What are the common golf injuries?

I got my wrist swollen up on Saturday.

I cock up the wrists too early, which is a common culprit for many amateur golfers. 

Let me know what injuries you have while playing the golf.

I am calling off all the amateur golfers, not the regular ones.

I'm Anna Smith, and I am thrilled to welcome you to my golfing journey. For me, the world of golf isn't just a game; it's a passion, a challenge, and a source of boundless joy.

A Swing Through Time: From the first moment I gripped a club, I knew that golf was destined to become an integral part of my life. As the years have passed, I've honed my skills on the course, learning the art of precision, patience, and perseverance. Every swing is a new opportunity, every fairway a blank canvas for me to paint my story.

⛳ Exploring the Greens: Whether it's the lush greens of local courses or the excitement of new terrains, I find myself continuously drawn to the serenity and challenges that golf offers. The camaraderie shared with fellow golfers and the mental battles waged against the elements and me – these are the experiences that shape my journey.

🌟 A Golfer's Philosophy: To me, golf isn't just about numbers on a scorecard; it's about the journey, the friendships forged, and the lessons learned both on and off the course. The way I approach the game reflects my values: dedication, sportsmanship, and a constant pursuit of improvement.

Join Me on the Fairway: As I navigate the twists and turns of this beautiful game, I invite you to join me. Let's discuss strategies and favorite courses and share the anecdotes that make golf a truly unique experience. Whether you're a seasoned player or just stepping onto the greens for the first time, there's always something new to learn and enjoy.

Fairways and friendships,

Anna Smith

Low back pain from years of having bulging discs. Golf makes it flare up.

Toenail damage from walking course. No matter how they fit, somehow at end of round my toenails kill. And yes, they’re trimmed. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I’ve been golfing for 52 years, and I’ve had a variety of troubles. When I was younger, I would tend to get iliotibial band syndrome on the outside of my right knee, I’m right, handed, when I would walk very hilly courses. Easy to treat with stretching right on the golf course. In more recent years, I tend to have trouble with my right oblique back muscles. Amen to warming up before playing! 

Ping woods and hybrids, Taylormade Stealth irons, Teardrop putter.

Hey there Sorry to hear about your wrist trouble. Cocking up the wrists too early is indeed a common challenge for many of us amateurs. Besides wrist issues, golfers often face injuries like back strains, knee problems, and even elbow pain. It's crucial to focus on a proper warm-up routine, flexibility exercises, and swing mechanics to prevent these injuries. Regular check-ins with a golf pro can also help refine your technique. Remember, golf is a game of skill and finesse, not just power. Take care of your body, and here's to a swift recovery and improved swings.

• 2 weeks later...

Something cool to share. 
my best friends dad is a chiropractor and he gave me a great tip to prevent swinging sport injuries. 
He said to swing the opposite way(lefty for me) every so often during a round.. don’t remember his reasoning but it helps the body somehow 🤷‍♂️

WITB

For me personally:

Lower Back

Wrist

Elbow 

Knees

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

A couple of times over the past  years I have been afflicted with the dreaded golf elbow in my left arm.  I have tried compression wraps and ointments, but it seems resting the inflamed elbow is the best therapy.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

My most common pain has been golf elbow in my leading arm. I’ve been able to beat with a combination of a compression sleeve, anti-inflammatories, and exercises to build up my wrist strength.

My worst golf injury was wrenching my back while try to get too much out of my 7-iron to reach the green. I ended up resting it for quite a while and getting a little physical therapy.

I try to make it a habit of stretching arm and back and waist muscles before getting started with a round or practice session.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I'm 78 and have played since I was about 12 years old or so, so I've had my share of golf-related issues.....My low back used to be a real source of trouble to me, in fact it went out on me while playing golf one time and it took about 4 weeks and numerous trips to the chiropractor, plus ice, heat and rest before I could even swing a club again.   Since then, I have used an inversion table pretty regularly, and that with an occasional trip to the chiropractor keeps the back trouble at bay.

I started wearing a compression sleeve on my knee last year for "preventative maintenance" due to slight soreness....that seems to help.

But starting last season, I'm experiencing a sore left shoulder.   I think it's caused by my using an "Orange Whip," the weighted practice club with the extra-whippy shaft.   My "theory" is that the extreme flexibility of the shaft causes the weight on the end to exert a ton of pressure on the joints as I swing through.  I've stopped using it, and that provides some relief, but since it's winter, I haven't swung the Whip in at least two months, and the shoulder is still kind of sore.   I just hit balls yesterday (we're down in Florida right now), and I can feel the shoulder today, so that tells me that there's still some irritation there.   I suppose I should have it checked out when I get home.    

Anybody else dealing with a similar shoulder problem.....??

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet

I have deal with lower back issues, to wrist soreness to tennis elbow so I dropped down from stiff flex to regular flex shafts in all of my clubs which has made it easier but it's no fix as you get older

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip