Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Fitness Goals: Helping Each Other Reach Our Goals

Just remembered that I have these - my gym has a partnership with the Plyo app that gives you points for time you spend in the gym for redemption at various online retailers. I currently have a little over 7,000 points stock piled and will never use them all. For a mere 300 points, it'll spit out a 20% off coupon code for use at Garmin - but it's only valid for 24 hours. If anyone has been in the market for a new fitness wearable and wants to save 20%, let me know and I will gladly share some of the points that I'll never use myself. Shoot me a private message and I'll get you a code.

Screenshot_20240201-074807.png

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

I took 3 separate walks yesterday.

I'm really itching to get out there on the bike. We are supposed to be in the 50s today. 40s on Friday. I'm planning on doing a long session at the driving range on Friday afternoon. My golf trainer has given me multiple things to work on with my swing, so I'm hopeful I can get some stuff fixed before this golf season starts. I've created a custom activity on my watch for the driving range, so I'm looking forward to trying that out as well.

Lafayette Walk 1-31-24 11AM.png

Tippecanoe Walk 1-31-24 1PM.png

Active Jan Walk 1-31-24 3PM.png

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

Managed to get active every day last month. I know it ain't much, but it's something at least. I work remote and am pretty much a desk jockey, so I made a goal to try and work out each day.. whether that be cardio, yoga, or lifting. 

Here's to hoping I can keep it going!

1.jpg.b3084817535431fcf4f9d5913c23fee5.jpg

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

14 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Managed to get active every day last month. I know it ain't much, but it's something at least. I work remote and am pretty much a desk jockey, so I made a goal to try and work out each day.. whether that be cardio, yoga, or lifting. 

Nice work!!!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

Yesterday's numbers:

Workout - Shoulders and Obliques

Blasted myself yesterday and it felt good. Medicine ball slams are great for rotational power and elevating your heart rate in hurry. 5 sets of 10 left, 10 right, and 10 slams with a 14# ball as fast and as hard as I can with 1:00 rest between sets was close to making me puke. 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/13772159603?share_unique_id=157

Weight: 197.0

Calories consumed: 1,550

Calories burned: 3,645

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

I was able to take a nice walk yesterday afternoon. First time we've had sunny skies in probably 11 days! (Solar charging watch likes the sun too. 😃) Ended the day with over 10,000 steps and a Body Battery of 5. I struggle with getting good sleep. Very rarely do I wake up and actually have energy. I'm looking forward to the heated bays at the driving range tonight!

Lafayette Walk 02-01-24.png

I've been a slacker lately on posting my workouts, so here is a breakdown since last Saturday. Was a little more hectic with schedules and our oldest being sick, but still have managed to get a decent number of workouts in.

Saturday

• Functional Strength (home workout)
    • 40 minutes, 416 total calories burned

Tuesday

• Apple Fitness Treadmill Run
    • 30 minutes, 2.69 miles
    • 495 total calories, 155 bpm average heart rate (peak 181)
    • 30 minutes, total calories not recorded (paused my watch and forgot to resume it 😂)

Wednesday (Recovery)

• Mobility & Stretching
    • 30 minutes, 132 calories

Thursday

• HIIT Cardio (4 rounds; 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, 60 recovery between rounds)
    • 20 lbs. Med Ball Slams, Jump Rope, Knee Drivers, Mountain Climbers (repeat to complete round)
    • 20 minutes, 342 calories, 158 bpm average heart rate (peak 173)

Friday (Today)

• Will perform either 30 minutes steady state cardio or 45 minute run workout. Will decide when I start a warm-up to determine how my legs feel

I also have been tracking my body composition since the beginning of the year as I was able to purchase a new scale that I have been using at work for employees at the hospital who work with my for weight loss programs and exercise plans. It is a Tanita DC-240 scale, which I have had very good luck with in the past in terms of data accuracy.

On 1/2/24, my weight was 212.6 lbs @ 18.1% body fat. When I did my 4 week re-check yesterday, I was down to 207.8 lbs. and 16.6% body fat. Muscle mass maintained at 164.8 lbs., and body fat mass was down 4 lbs. I was really happy to see that I've been able to maintain muscle mass while in a calorie deficit. I'd like to get my body fat percentage down to 12, so the work continues!

Sorry for the absurdly long entry, I need to be more consistent with daily posting!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

On 2/1/2024 at 8:24 AM, TSauer said:

Nice work @TSauer! Getting some form of activity daily is a challenge!

#LeftyGang

8 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I've been a slacker lately on posting my workouts, so here is a breakdown since last Saturday. Was a little more hectic with schedules and our oldest being sick, but still have managed to get a decent number of workouts in.

Saturday

• 40 minutes, 416 total calories burned

Tuesday

• Apple Fitness Treadmill Run
    • 30 minutes, 2.69 miles
    • 495 total calories, 155 bpm average heart rate (peak 181)
    • 30 minutes, total calories not recorded (paused my watch and forgot to resume it 😂)

Wednesday (Recovery)

• Mobility & Stretching
    • 30 minutes, 132 calories

Thursday

• HIIT Cardio (4 rounds; 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, 60 recovery between rounds)
    • 20 lbs. Med Ball Slams, Jump Rope, Knee Drivers, Mountain Climbers (repeat to complete round)
    • 20 minutes, 342 calories, 158 bpm average heart rate (peak 173)

Friday (Today)

• Will perform either 30 minutes steady state cardio or 45 minute run workout. Will decide when I start a warm-up to determine how my legs feel

I also have been tracking my body composition since the beginning of the year as I was able to purchase a new scale that I have been using at work for employees at the hospital who work with my for weight loss programs and exercise plans. It is a Tanita DC-240 scale, which I have had very good luck with in the past in terms of data accuracy.

On 1/2/24, my weight was 212.6 lbs @ 18.1% body fat. When I did my 4 week re-check yesterday, I was down to 207.8 lbs. and 16.6% body fat. Muscle mass maintained at 164.8 lbs., and body fat mass was down 4 lbs. I was really happy to see that I've been able to maintain muscle mass while in a calorie deficit. I'd like to get my body fat percentage down to 12, so the work continues!

Sorry for the absurdly long entry, I need to be more consistent with daily posting!

That's awesome work, keep it up! I just got an email that Garmin has released a smart scale, but don't really want to drop $300 on it. I'd like to know my numbers further to help set and drive my goals. I too, would like to be in that 10-12% body fat range. Not sure where I am now (probably about 25?), but it would be nice to know where I need to be. Either way, great work and keep logging your progress!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

38 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

That's awesome work, keep it up! I just got an email that Garmin has released a smart scale, but don't really want to drop $300 on it. I'd like to know my numbers further to help set and drive my goals. I too, would like to be in that 10-12% body fat range. Not sure where I am now (probably about 25?), but it would be nice to know where I need to be. Either way, great work and keep logging your progress!

You can get scales that are significantly cheaper, but the caveat is who knows how accurate any of them really are? I personally find it astounding that scales vary so much with weight, even here at the hospital. Our medical grade scale we have in my area gives different read outs than the scales at our physician's clinic, for example. It's ridiculous! I know a few people who have this scale from Wyze, and they say it seems to be fairly accurate. Could be a place to start to at least have a guide to work off of.

https://www.wyze.com/products/wyze-scale-x

Certainly wouldn't match the capability of the Garmin, I am sure. 

....btw, I am fully blaming you for whenever I inevitably upgrade from my Apple watch to a Garmin watch. The seed has been planted, and it's only a matter of time 😂

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, Jnoble89 said:

You can get scales that are significantly cheaper, but the caveat is who knows how accurate any of them really are? I personally find it astounding that scales vary so much with weight, even here at the hospital. Our medical grade scale we have in my area gives different read outs than the scales at our physician's clinic, for example. It's ridiculous! I know a few people who have this scale from Wyze, and they say it seems to be fairly accurate. Could be a place to start to at least have a guide to work off of.

Jason, I know you aren’t a dietitian so I won’t ask those questions, but are you tracking macros?  That’s a good job of leaning down while maintaining mass.

Scales for body fat tracking are tricky.  I’ve had access to InBody and BodPod and even those can be a bit variable in my opinion.  Do I understand correctly that a lot of those devices can change significantly depending on your hydration level?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

53 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

I had been eyeing one of the Garmin scales, but really? $150??? We've had this scale for several years and I think it does all of the same stuff. Doesn't sync with Garmin, though. (It's honestly not that difficult to make a weight entry in the Garmin app.)

https://shop.greatergoods.com/collections/bath/products/greater-goods-digital-smart-scale-for-body-weight-a-us-based-company-powered-by-superior-service-dependable-products

17 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Certainly wouldn't match the capability of the Garmin, I am sure. 

....btw, I am fully blaming you for whenever I inevitably upgrade from my Apple watch to a Garmin watch. The seed has been planted, and it's only a matter of time 😂

When you finally join the Garmin family, we will welcome you with open arms!

15 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Jason, I know you aren’t a dietitian so I won’t ask those questions, but are you tracking macros?  That’s a good job of leaning down while maintaining mass.

Scales for body fat tracking are tricky.  I’ve had access to InBody and BodPod and even those can be a bit variable in my opinion.  Do I understand correctly that a lot of those devices can change significantly depending on your hydration level?

Yes, hydration plays a role in most of the bio impedance scales. The electrical impulse signal that these scales sends through your body travels much quicker through lean tissue and water. So in theory, someone could over hydrate before stepping on a scale and get better results. Same with being dehydrated but would be the opposite effect. The Tanita scale also gives you your body water % measurement, which is a nice feature. I've found that if people just drink normal person amounts of water the day before and do their measurement the following day in the morning, that's when it's about as accurate as they can get. All are quite variable, if only everyone had access to an under water tank system! 😂

As far as tracking, I will fully admit that I do not consistently track my food. When I meal prep, I create those meals in MyFitnessPal to see the macro breakdown and then note primarily the protein totals. I typically aim to be north of 160 grams of protein everyday. Ideally I'm hitting 200g a day, but that can get to be a slog. I have always been a carbaholic, so the initial cut down for me is typically pretty solid on returns as I just reduce my carb intake, primarily with breakfast. 

I should, and know, that being more diligent with tracking my food would probably lead to even better results. Once I get to my target weight, which is going to be right around 200 pounds, I will most likely get back into a better pattern of tracking as I'll be switching gears and trying to add some muscle mass and need to be in a caloric surplus, so that I can then again switch gears and target fat loss to get towards my goal BF%.

#LeftyGang

38 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

You won't regret it!!!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

22 minutes ago, VernL4 said:

I had been eyeing one of the Garmin scales, but really? $150??? We've had this scale for several years and I think it does all of the same stuff. Doesn't sync with Garmin, though. (It's honestly not that difficult to make a weight entry in the Garmin app.)

https://shop.greatergoods.com/collections/bath/products/greater-goods-digital-smart-scale-for-body-weight-a-us-based-company-powered-by-superior-service-dependable-products

When you finally join the Garmin family, we will welcome you with open arms!

I guess I was looking at the one that comes with the additional tracker - $150 is still a pretty steep price to tell me how fat I am. My partially operable scale now does a pretty good job of that. 

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Good morning everybody! Finished the last of my assignments/exams for the current class overnight (all night) and afterwards decided to take a jog. Tried to make it a full hour but my legs were not having it today. But I feel good. You think the app knows what is on my mind 🤔

Screenshot_2024-02-02-08-42-22-31_a3eaf26882ede917d0d2390ac0854fe2.jpg.5f573b0aa34f365ab91a525540ebde44.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Friday workout is in the books.

• 20 Minute stead state treadmill, 3.5 mph @ 12% incline.
    • 238 calories burned
  • 5 minutes core; Athlean-X (I know, sounds like nothing. Under constant tension and I promise you'll be feeling it, linked below)
  • Quick strength finisher of push-ups, bicep curls, overhead tricep extension supersets; 4x10

#LeftyGang

15 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Friday workout is in the books.

• 20 Minute stead state treadmill, 3.5 mph @ 12% incline.
    • 238 calories burned
  • 5 minutes core; Athlean-X (I know, sounds like nothing. Under constant tension and I promise you'll be feeling it, linked below)
  • Quick strength finisher of push-ups, bicep curls, overhead tricep extension supersets; 4x10

Jeff Cavaliere is the man - I'd trust his ab work out! Have you ever seen the video of him tearing his bicep? It's out there somewhere - you can see the moment it lets go and runs up his arm. It's gnarly!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

I'm no olympian but I've found personal success with routines that involve lots of reps of different exercises. I like to keep it moving and come back to different exercises. A few sets of exercise A, then move on to B. Then back to A, etc.  If I stick with one for too long I lose focus. The real trick somedays is just getting started.

Taylormade Sim driver

New Level 623 CBs

Tour edge exotics 3 wood

Rife 2 bar putter

57 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

Jeff Cavaliere is the man - I'd trust his ab work out! Have you ever seen the video of him tearing his bicep? It's out there somewhere - you can see the moment it lets go and runs up his arm. It's gnarly!

He is a BEAST. I love his core workouts because they can be done daily and all of them are less than 10 minutes long. I have not seen that video, but I can only imagine how brutal it is!

#LeftyGang

I committed my first cardinal sin yesterday. I skipped leg day. Three hail Mary's said. Going to try to get it in this weekend - either today or tomorrow. If not, I'll pull a good old fashioned two a day on Monday and knock it out.

Went to the sim last night and put on a show with the new long sticks. Walked away extremely happy and very confident with my purchases from last weekend. This season is going to be great!

Numbers from yesterday:

Weight: Unknown - didn't check. Previous day was 197.

Calories consumed: 1,761 - which included three beers, a slice of pizza, and some really good cheese curds. It helped there was no one in the office yesterday and I didn't get to eat lunch. The MyFitnessPal app is really handy and easy to plug stuff in as soon as I eat it to keep tabs and know when to stop.

Calories burned: 3,233 - most of which came from hitting balls into low earth orbit. Pretty sure my last drive joined a string of StarLink satellites.

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

It was our anniversary on the first and went to dinner and busted the scale the following morning. I didn't think we ate that much! Regardless, it was motivation to do the aerobic workout last night - 30 min on the elliptical and another 30 min riding my bike (outside) on our old golf cart trails. Tonight it's back to the gym for strength training. Tomorrow is the off day since i need a recovery day before golf on Monday. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/2/2024 at 10:13 AM, Jnoble89 said:

.. this scale from Wyze, and they say it seems to be fairly accurate. Could be a place to start to at least have a guide to work off of.

Hey that's a good price!

My weight has been fairly stable (i.e. within a narrow range) for years so don't need a new scale per se, but .. as I age I'm interested in maintaining what muscle mass I have .. so if this one gives consistent (if not completely accurate) measurements for that it'd be helpful to track over time. Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Looks like it was a good workout today!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

On 2/2/2024 at 12:45 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

You’re telling me in just 5 mins I can get abs like this?? 🤯

Week recap for me: 2 hot yoga classes, 2 power sculpt classes, golf practice two nights, and walking 18 this afternoon. Yoga continues to kick my butt, especially core, but I guess that’s how I know it’s working!

My over arching goal this year is to increase flexibility, and I’m already starting to notice some gains from yoga. Starting to easily reach my ankles from a forward bend, something that would be pretty painful/difficult for me a few months ago. Slowly undoing years of hockey and not taking stretching seriously. 

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Had a long weekend with no workouts. Friday night played at the sim, which was fantastic. Woke up early on Saturday for a JV wrestling tournament, and then went out to dinner with my family for an early birthday celebration. I normally use Saturday or Sunday as a cheat day where I don't really track what I'm eating, and pretty sure I went way over on Saturday. Oh well, you only celebrate your 39th a couple days early once, I suppose. Woke up Sunday feeling like I got hit by a train. Everything was sore, and felt like general dog sh*t. Two of my kids have been sick for the last week and I'm pretty sure they passed it on to me. I slept most of the day yesterday and feel a little better this morning. I did a hybrid leg / chest day; the only thing between the two workouts that I skipped was abs and calf raises. I am spent right now. My squats felt pretty good, it was the first day at 255 and the first day using my new belt. I have always been a "purist" of the mindset that if you can't maintain proper form without bracing, then the weight is too heavy. I'm off that train, because I was able to brace my core into the belt and power through the squats while maintaining great form. Should've bought it a couple years ago. 

Today's workout: Chest / Legs - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/13824710222?share_unique_id=160

Weight 200.0

Yesterday's Calories Consumed: 1,673

Yesterday's Calories Burned: 2,389

Saturday's Calories Consumed: Don't know and don't give a sh*t - probably a lot and they all tasted really good

Saturday's Calories Burned: 2,935

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*