Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 PING Blueprint Irons: T and S

GolfSpy_APH

Fairway Jockey has them or at least it shows up on the custom selection. I know PING is limited in selections 

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Got a chance to swing the 7 iron demo heads with dynamic gold S300 shafts yesterday at the golf shop. They. Are. Delightful. Both are compact with thin top lines and feel like butter when striking the ball. If I were to build a combo set, I would have a serious dilemma over whether the 7 iron would be S or T. They both felt that good. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Got a chance to swing the 7 iron demo heads with dynamic gold S300 shafts yesterday at the golf shop. They. Are. Delightful. Both are compact with thin top lines and feel like butter when striking the ball. If I were to build a combo set, I would have a serious dilemma over whether the 7 iron would be S or T. They both felt that good. 

I am glad we convinced you to go to the golf store.  Sounds like you had a delightful times 🙂 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 1/9/2024 at 9:33 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

As a long time PING fan these are right up my alley with what I like to see. Would you game these?

You know I came from playing PING's for over 35 years; first PE2's for a millenia and then onto the G410's from my first ever fitting.  I'd probably still be playing those were it not for my need to switch out of steel shafts.  I tried the first cycle of Blueprints, when we wintering in Yuma, AZ, probably 2017/18?  I really only tried them just to see how challenging they would be... and they were.  Good swings produced good ball flight but nothing that dropped my jaw.  Mediocre strikes were not so good, as in pretty punishing.  I used that little test to validate that these are best left to guys or gals with really pure ball striking prowess or players who like to be seen swatting balls with postage stamps on the end of a shaft.

So in answer to your question, not in this life.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I'm definitely going to game these as the original BP were more demanding and more compact for some. The S is a bit bigger with more forgiveness as I wouldn't let the name BluePrint intimidate me as with a more compact head allows me to make better contact and it helps me to focus much better as these clubs are not just for low handicappers as some think. I'm not a blade player but my best rounds have been with Players irons. I know GI irons are easier to launch the ball and easy to hit but harder to control as some GI irons the head is just so huge and fat looking. I remember playing PING 2 Gen Anser irons as they were pricey but wish I never would have sold them or my s55's. 

all woods have CPX grips

• 2 weeks later...

I went to get fitted for irons this past weekend. Specifically looking to play a new players iron. I hit about every new offering available. I was most surprised with the BP T. (The BP S was very spinny for me, more than my current iBlades)  I was looking for everything that the BP T offers against my iBlades. Firmer feel, thin top line, more workability, and clean look! For comparison I asked to pair them up against the OG BP. This was what made me most interested. They were almost exactly the same for me when it came to the numbers. Ballspeed, spin, and distance were all very similar. It came down to feel and ability to work the ball. I felt that the OG BP allowed me to hit my draw slightly easier. While BP T allowed me to control my fade easier. Unsure if that was just a personal bias but it helped me make the decision to move forward with the OG BP. Has anyone else done a side by side between Gen's?

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

I was shocked at how small these were in person. The look fantastic, but they made my t100 look big!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

These irons are the most intriguing to me this year. I love the players distance category but really really want to swing these and potentially game at some point. So sleek and loved @Shankster review a few years back (was one of the first reviews I read actually on here).

PGASS trip in my future.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 hours ago, CorporateGolfRat said:

I went to get fitted for irons this past weekend. Specifically looking to play a new players iron. I hit about every new offering available. I was most surprised with the BP T. (The BP S was very spinny for me, more than my current iBlades)  I was looking for everything that the BP T offers against my iBlades. Firmer feel, thin top line, more workability, and clean look! For comparison I asked to pair them up against the OG BP. This was what made me most interested. They were almost exactly the same for me when it came to the numbers. Ballspeed, spin, and distance were all very similar. It came down to feel and ability to work the ball. I felt that the OG BP allowed me to hit my draw slightly easier. While BP T allowed me to control my fade easier. Unsure if that was just a personal bias but it helped me make the decision to move forward with the OG BP. Has anyone else done a side by side between Gen's?

Interesting to see someone prefer the OG over the T. How did dispersion and miss hits compare between the two? And what shafts were you trying/fit in to?

8 hours ago, wely324 said:

Interesting to see someone prefer the OG over the T. How did dispersion and miss hits compare between the two? And what shafts were you trying/fit in to?

My dispersion was relatively similar, I felt I had missed left more with the OG and right with the T. Mis hits were less forgiving in the T but more forgiving in the S’s. Statistically the OG was the most accurate for me but I did hit those last and had a good feel down with them. They felt heavier… maybe more firm feel is what I mean but they worked through the ball well. I have played s300’s for a couple years but moving into the x100’s now. Allows me to be tight and control the face. 

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

Haven’t looked at Ping irons for many product cycles. All the praise the S is getting is piquing my interest. It’s a long shot, but would anyone with the BPS also have some old i3 Blades they could compare in size? I still have those i3s in the basement and play them a bit. 

@fixyurdivot you have a cousin!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Honestly, there hasn't been a Ping iron since the S56, which I gamed in High school, that has looked this good in my opinion! I would game these in a heart beat!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Just got word that my BPS will arrive this Saturday, too bad I won't even get a chance to see a golf course till April maybe. I'll be looking for an indoor driving range with some heated stalls I guess till then

all woods have CPX grips

The S and T are so sexy. If I was a more consistent ball striker, I'd be liable to put the S in the bag.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Yes they are a bit more compact than my previous set of Titleist T-350 but with that being said they have a tremendous amount of forgiveness for being so compact.  Having the right shaft to match your swing and all thoughts about not having enough game to play these will change your mind. A lot of people have been playing GI irons for so long it's all they are used to which is fine as we all want to try to make this game as easy as possible. Also many want to go out and buy a set or irons and immediately be able to hit them like the pros do without having to go thru any adjustment period. I have seen so many golfers go thru that honeymoon period only to have a bad round then get the itch to go buy what they think is the next holy grail of irons, no such thing. If in this order feel, looks, consistency and forgiveness is what you are after then I would give the BluePrint S a try as I can take the most forgiving set of irons and mishit them just as bad as anything else out there on the market. When hitting that sweet spot and seeing that ball do exactly what I wanted it to do is what gives me that feeling that keeps me playing this game and PING's help me to play my best as feed back is so important when playing this game

all woods have CPX grips

• 4 weeks later...

My blueprint S set arrived last week and with some warm weather that showed up over the weekend I was able to get out and hit the PW and 6 iron at my clubs range. Brought a shag bag of some pro V1’s and my launch monitor.

I was a bit rusty at first with toe strikes, which surprised me how forgiving they are. Coming from a muscle back blade I expected some forgiveness, but actually seeing the ball fly along with numbers to show that I was barely losing any distance was a bit surprising for such a compact players iron. 

It was the well struck shots that were the real highlight of the session, high but still piercing with plenty of spin. 6 iron was carrying about 192 or so on center strikes with spin in the low to mid 6000 range. PW was flying about 145 with spin in the 9000 range.

When I originally ordered them my plan was to combine them with my miura short irons, but now I’m thinking I will play the full set of BPs. As I further test them, spin on the short irons will be a main point of interest. Also looking forward to testing the 3 iron, and compare it to my t100 first gen 3 iron that I love as a tee club off short par 4’s. Looking for similar distance but with a tad more height and spin to increase green holding ability.IMG_5181.jpeg.3d483ba89b47cf6a4324d5400f8bce4c.jpegIMG_5180.jpeg.571c6e8be900444fe076171f18d5d000.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wely324 said:

My blueprint S set arrived last week and with some warm weather that showed up over the weekend I was able to get out and hit the PW and 6 iron at my clubs range. Brought a shag bag of some pro V1’s and my launch monitor.

I was a bit rusty at first with toe strikes, which surprised me how forgiving they are. Coming from a muscle back blade I expected some forgiveness, but actually seeing the ball fly along with numbers to show that I was barely losing any distance was a bit surprising for such a compact players iron. 

It was the well struck shots that were the real highlight of the session, high but still piercing with plenty of spin. 6 iron was carrying about 192 or so on center strikes with spin in the low to mid 6000 range. PW was flying about 145 with spin in the 9000 range.

When I originally ordered them my plan was to combine them with my miura short irons, but now I’m thinking I will play the full set of BPs. As I further test them, spin on the short irons will be a main point of interest. Also looking forward to testing the 3 iron, and compare it to my t100 first gen 3 iron that I love as a tee club off short par 4’s. Looking for similar distance but with a tad more height and spin to increase green holding ability.IMG_5181.jpeg.3d483ba89b47cf6a4324d5400f8bce4c.jpegIMG_5180.jpeg.571c6e8be900444fe076171f18d5d000.jpeg

Spousal Unit said I can get fitted by Ping and Titleist so should I take her up on it?

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

1 minute ago, wely324 said:

That’s a rhetorical question, right?

yep

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

• 1 month later...

There is nothing bad at all about the offset , these are players irons and look like players irons but has the forgiveness similar to many GI irons out there. They look fantastic and feel the same, best iron purchase I have made in the last 7 years

all woods have CPX grips

Finally time to upgrade the irons as my apex19s are worn out. Just bought the S, 4-pw. They feel like the old ap2s if anyone played those back in the day; just so easy to square the club and really felt like i was compressing the ball well. Every good shot felt as pure as the driven snow, and the dispersion on mishits was at least 10 yards tighter left/right and long/short compared to my current irons, (though finally having the right shaft might have contintributed more to that). Great spin rate and a lower, more penetrating ball flight. I'm in love.

12 minutes ago, Mike2020 said:

Finally time to upgrade the irons as my apex19s are worn out. Just bought the S, 4-pw. They feel like the old ap2s if anyone played those back in the day; just so easy to square the club and really felt like i was compressing the ball well. Every good shot felt as pure as the driven snow, and the dispersion on mishits was at least 10 yards tighter left/right and long/short compared to my current irons, (though finally having the right shaft might have contintributed more to that). Great spin rate and a lower, more penetrating ball flight. I'm in love.

We’re going to need some pictures here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter