Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

22 minutes ago, Green4Spinach said:

Oh dear, oh dear. The game never gets less frustrating, @GolfSpy_APH? What am I doing, committing to learning this game? Ah well. I live in hope that I will buck that trend of long-term frustration...

Oh my friend you are in for a shocker. Golf is a beautifully frustrating sport that will nearly always leave you shaking your head, while also providing highs unlike any other.

It's a journey!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

To be honest, I’ve always wanted to test new golf equipment and have tried with various other organizations.  I’ve never been chosen, probably due to the number of entrants, and their fabulous credentials!  I’m just a golf enthusiast that  knows what the normal golfers go through and would love share what I find. Will I get chosen, probably not!!!🤪

Good morning all, I enjoy the game of golf and the idea of its NEVER the same no matter your thoughts, ideas, weather, and most of equipment. Therefore being a tester allows me to feel what the difference is in any equipment I may be allowed to test and give a honest to God opinion. I thank you fornyour time.

Respectfully 

I am an equipment junkie…

I found myself fully invested in golf about 4 years ago when I got my first set - a top flite complete set from Amazon, regular flex. They got me involved, but clearly weren’t the right set for me.

I upgraded to Taylormade tour preferred Cb irons with graphite stiff flex shafts and loved them dearly for a year, until I picked up an old set of antique blades from Facebook marketplace and thought to myself, “I can hit better irons,” thus upgrading again to Taylormade P7MCs with project-X 6.5 rifle shafts over a year ago. I liked them, the shafts were much heavier than what I was used to, and I wasn’t consistent enough with them.

I have since gamed Srixon z785 with DG x100 shafts, mizuno mp-60 with DG S300 shafts, Nike Pro combos with their regular stock shafts (which I think are 120-125g) and Taylormade tour preferred MC with DG S200 shafts.

I've tried and collected drivers, woods, and putter, both old school and new, just to develop a feel for what I like the most.

I've never done a fitting, but I am the average sized human and I find it fun to try figuring it out on my own, and thought my method can be costly (I don’t overspend on used sets) I haven’t broken the bank just yet.

All that said, I am like hitting a variety to see what works for me (without spending $300 to get fitted on a full bag at a pro shop + the cost of the irons they make commissions on).

Swing with purpose,

Anthony

While testing the latest and greatest from big name companies would be awesome that’s not what I want to test.  

I want to test the lesser known brands offering high quality equipment everyone can afford.  Golf is too expensive across the board.  Testing those companies gives players options to grow their own game with equipment on par with major brands while saving a few bucks.  

We all see the brands across media platforms offering great deals.  I’d want to test those to help the player saving a few bucks know they are spending their money wisely.

I have ditched Taylormade/Titleist wedges for Costco seeing an increase in performance since switching.  

Being a 2 handicap I am now looking to update my irons but don’t want to pay $1k..just doesn’t make sense.  Forums like this can help me, and others, find the equipment that meets our expectations on the course and financially.

Edited by Fritz12

Can shoot 71 as easy as I can shoot 81.  Love the game but feel priced out by rising cost of golf equipment AND greens fees.  Looking to start playing competitive again but also enjoy rounds with friends.  

I look forward to my opportunity to test and review a product. I am a thorough reviewer who leans on hard data (when possible), but can express my subjective opinions on any product. I have competitive golf experience (former college golfer) but now am a weekend warrior (if even that often), so I feel that I have a good mix of nerdy, tech driven data with performance for players of different skill sets. My group that I play with has a wide range of skill sets as well, so I feel confident in finding pros and cons of products that are targeted towards different audiences. 

TM SLDR 430 9*

Callaway Pro 3w

Nickent 17* 

Callaway Apex 4-pw

Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58

TM Rossa Putter

What can I say, I take golf tech pretty seriously. My wife calls me a shaft addict. Which sounds really strange saying it on here now, but it's the truth. I even went and purchased a Rapsodo MLM2 Pro because of the possible promise of testing new product as released. Truth be told, if I had the software, I would probably start a YT channel. Like I said, I love this stuff. TXG (I refuse to call the CC), Peter Finch, Shiels and others are all I watch these days. A round of (18) holes a week and roughly 2-3 days of range time has brought my handicap down to a 14. These days if it's not my family, church or work, I am playing golf. In re-reading this it sounds like I am pretty much pleading with you to begin this testing journey with you guys, but hey, I ain't too proud to beg! 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I have been playing golf for 60 years, but I am still a young 66 years old with a 6 index.  As I am retired, I have lots of time to focus on golf and dedicate time to test any equipment that I was chosen for.  I own a Mevo+ and have access to both a driving range with a short game area and a hitting net.  I play golf multiple times per week.

I spent the last 10 years of my career as an executive in the golf industry (not with an equipment manufacturer).  But, beyond that, I have been an equipment “tinkerer” my entire life - always trying/testing new products, technology, etc.  I am detail-oriented and would be fastidious in testing and documenting my experience with equipment.

I have always been curious about the innovations in golf equipment.  I have personally purchased and experimented with Mevo+, Hack Motion, CaptoEZ, The Stack, and many others.

I think I would be a great tester for MGS.  Thank you!

Titleist C-16 irons and woods

JP Golf GW, PW and SW

Gene Nead Putter

I have been a member of MGS for a few years now.   I love the forums and the equipment reviews.   I am big fan of you golf ball tests.   They are the most complete and data driven tests I have found anywhere.

Why should I be a tester?   I am semi-retired amd love golf.   I am also a senior golfer - turned 70 last year.   I live in a community with three golf courses which all vary in difficulty, elevation, terrain, and overall experience.   In addition, I travel to play golf - Hilton Head, Florida, Arizona, Dominican Republic, Virginia, Pennsylvania, etc.  I play 100+ rounds per year. I have the time to dedicate to being a thorough and thoughtful tester.    Most importantly, I can give the senior golfer perspective to all your tests..   By some estimates, senior golfers make up 20%-30% of all amateur golfers.    They also have disposable income and are major purchasers of golf equipment.    I am confident this is a demographic you wanted included in the majority of your tests.    Besides that I am fun and my wife would love for you to get me out of the house more testing equipment!    

IMG_8175.jpeg

IMG_8022.jpeg

IMG_8661.jpeg

Edited by BillyD
typo

Titliest TS2 Driver, 3 Wood, 19, 21, 23 Hybrids, Muzuno Irons, Titlest Wedges, Odyssey Lab Stroke Putter

I've been playing golf since I was 14.  I've repaired and built clubs using components from Ken Smith, Golfsmith, and GolfWorks since I was 16 after spending 2 days in the Hillerich & Bradsby manufacturing plant in the 1960's observing the technicians repair clubs.  My Dad and I made many tools after my visit to H&B.  I have read and studied Ralph Maltby's books and writings on GolfWorks before he retired as well as other publications, blogs and YouTube.  Still have my Ken Smith swingweight scale and a number of tools from Golfsmith.  I work on my own clubs and repair clubs for my golf buddies for free.  I made a persimmon driver from a block of wood when I was still playing persimmon woods. Played them a few months longer than Davis Love III did. Incidentally, I worked a week for his father who was the PGA Professional at an Atlanta CC, as teenager taking care of the Pro Shop with a high school golf buddy while Mr. Love focused on the Pro-Am event that was the precursor to a PGA Tournament the following year.  My best handicap was a +1 in my better playing days. Play to a 4 now from the senior tees. I've won some club championships both regular and senior and local county events and was a member of the Furman University Golf Team that won the University's first Southern Conference Golf title. This was many years prior to Brad Faxon's fame at Furman. I have been a My GolfSpy member almost 7 years.  I have donated to My GolfSpy twice and received a thank you for my donations; however, my profile has never shown that I have donated.  I began shooting my age at 68 and have shot my age or better every year since.  I'll be 75 in July and shot my age over 60 times.  I'm like "keywestnorm" above, don't drive it very far but my short game saves me.  My golf buddies call me "Up and Down". Swing speed is way down due to two shoulders that need to be replaced; however, I don't want to be away from the game due to the length of recovery. Have to spend more time loosening & warming up. I inherited patience and attention to detail from my father which I think would be beneficial as a Tester.  I read My GolfSpy posts and reviews.  I have posted very few comments. Prefer to read and learn.  I would take testing seriously.  I have applied for testing numerous times and never been accepted.  Stopped applying a few months ago after reviewing the listing of preferred criteria, especially the section on posting and commenting. Thanks for asking.

Mavrik Max driver, Ping g25 fairway 16.5, Ping hybrids 22*, 27*, 30* Ping I3 irons 6-pw, u, sw, Callaway Heavenwood

1 hour ago, GolferinSC said:

II have applied for testing numerous times and never been accepted.  Stopped applying a few months ago after reviewing the listing of preferred criteria, especially the section on posting and commenting. 

The criteria in the how to be a tester post still applies; This makes me assume that you don't want to be part of the forum community;  is that a correct assumption?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you send me the confirmation number the donor tag can be added to your account. This has to be done manually as they are not connected systems. 

We have to posting criteria there because of what our members, companies and staff expect from testers. We need to know someone a little and have some level of confidence they will be or able to be active in engaging with the community in answering questions and being involved throughout the test and beyond. 

I mentioned it in another comments, but it is worth repeating. When we are giving someone hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of equipment there needs to be a level of trust and confidence in that selection. When a member has next to no posts or interactions it is hard for us to know or have that trust. This is not to say they would be bad testers, but to say it would be more like a random giveaway. With so many members like yourself making decisions or interpretations on the equipment reviewed here it makes it all the more critical that us as staff get these selections right. 

We of course get new members involved (over 100 last year), but again we just ask for a little so we can have some level of knowledge to see what a member is capable of or able to do ahead of time. 

All of this I don't believe is too much to ask and in fact is a lot less than what was the previous standard. Years ago (prior to me being on staff) the minimum post count for a member to be really considered was 100 posts. We often now select members with 20-50 posts. When they are getting a hundred dollars or so worth of equipment that works out to more than a few bucks per post! 

I can attest to this.  I am relatively new in the overall scheme of things and was recently selected for a test.  Started getting active on different channels and posted an unofficial review.  First official test was a ball test to start.  Then was fortunate enough to get selected for a putter test.

I will also admit, don’t read to How to be a tester post for a while and blindly applied for tests.  I was missing the first step for the profile picture.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I can attest to this.  I am relatively new in the overall scheme of things and was recently selected for a test.  Started getting active on different channels and posted an unofficial review.  First official test was a ball test to start.  Then was fortunate enough to get selected for a putter test.

I will also admit, don’t read to How to be a tester post for a while and blindly applied for tests.  I was missing the first step for the profile picture.

SAME WITH ME SO I'VE UPDATED 

I THINK IT'S A GREAT NETWORK OF PEOPLE TO GIVE AN HONEST OPINION TO TEST THESE EQUIPMENTS AND NOT SOUND LIKE A COMERCIAL.

MICHAEL KIM

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you send me the confirmation number the donor tag can be added to your account. This has to be done manually as they are not connected systems. 

We have to posting criteria there because of what our members, companies and staff expect from testers. We need to know someone a little and have some level of confidence they will be or able to be active in engaging with the community in answering questions and being involved throughout the test and beyond. 

I mentioned it in another comments, but it is worth repeating. When we are giving someone hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of equipment there needs to be a level of trust and confidence in that selection. When a member has next to no posts or interactions it is hard for us to know or have that trust. This is not to say they would be bad testers, but to say it would be more like a random giveaway. With so many members like yourself making decisions or interpretations on the equipment reviewed here it makes it all the more critical that us as staff get these selections right. 

We of course get new members involved (over 100 last year), but again we just ask for a little so we can have some level of knowledge to see what a member is capable of or able to do ahead of time. 

All of this I don't believe is too much to ask and in fact is a lot less than what was the previous standard. Years ago (prior to me being on staff) the minimum post count for a member to be really considered was 100 posts. We often now select members with 20-50 posts. When they are getting a hundred dollars or so worth of equipment that works out to more than a few bucks per post! 

I can attest to this as well. I am a newer member than most, but if you look at my interactions, I am apart of the conversations daily. I did not do this with the intention of being a tester as I fell in love with Golf and the community here on MGS. The testing aspect came to fruition very organically.Hope this helps someone out!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

3 minutes ago, mrk7367 said:

SAME WITH ME SO I'VE UPDATED 

I THINK IT'S A GREAT NETWORK OF PEOPLE TO GIVE AN HONEST OPINION TO TEST THESE EQUIPMENTS AND NOT SOUND LIKE A COMERCIAL.

It is, there is so much knowledge and information here…and just a great group of people overall.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

18 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

Oh dear, oh dear. The game never gets less frustrating, @GolfSpy_APH? What am I doing, committing to learning this game? Ah well. I live in hope that I will buck that trend of long-term frustration...

The secret to enjoying golf as far as I can tell is flushing a long iron. As long as you can do that occasionally you can push through all the chunked drives and skulled wedge shots in the world just so you can chase that feeling some more 😂

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

1 hour ago, Fongle said:

The secret to enjoying golf as far as I can tell is flushing a long iron. As long as you can do that occasionally you can push through all the chunked drives and skulled wedge shots in the world just so you can chase that feeling some more 😂

@Fongle you are the man. Finally. Someone who can tell me the good stuff about golf. I can't wait to flush my long irons. It's my new goal. I love it. 

One small question: what does it mean to flush a long iron? It sounds a bit - how do I say this - domestic. Can I flush short irons too? Do I want to? Eager, as always, to learn.

Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4 / Callaway Rogue ST 5FW / Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids / Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW / Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60 / Odyssey White Hot OG 7 / Mizuno RB566

5 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

@Fongle you are the man. Finally. Someone who can tell me the good stuff about golf. I can't wait to flush my long irons. It's my new goal. I love it. 

One small question: what does it mean to flush a long iron? It sounds a bit - how do I say this - domestic. Can I flush short irons too? Do I want to? Eager, as always, to learn.

Flushing a long iron is when you hit a longer iron, like a 3,4 or 5 iron, perfectly. You swing, and catch the ball dead centre in the clubface, with the perfect swing path, and the ball just absolutely rockets off into the sky, while feeling like you've barely hit it at all, and just keeps going and going. It feels effortless, and pure and magical and when you do it perfectly the first time it's like a drug that keeps you coming back over and over through all the bad rounds til it happens again and again and again.

Edited by Fongle

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

On 3/4/2024 at 2:18 PM, Rock3Putt said:

I play golf 6 days a week, use different balls occasionally to see what is right fit for me as I get older. Which ones are longer but yet stop on the greens AND feel good coming off my putter. I’m a student of the game at 67 yrs old and still absolutely love every aspect of golf, practice, chipping, putting, scrambling, all of it. As I lose distance, my game changes, and I have learned to make adjustments and adapt.

Thanks,

Rocky Walker

Very similar to Rocky, plus who doesn't love free golf stuff.

:titleist-small: TSR2 driver 10

:cobra-small:Cobra ltd fairways 3 and 7

:cobra-small:Cobra forged tec irons 5-P

:callaway-small:Callaway wedges 54 and 58

:taylormade-small:TaylorMade del monte 7 face balanced putter

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

The criteria in the how to be a tester post still applies; This makes me assume that you don't want to be part of the forum community;  is that a correct assumption?

Not true.  As I stated in my response, I read the forum and the reviews to learn and I value the information that members have shared.  I have encouraged my golf buddies to join My Golf Spy and explained the benefits. My intention was not to sound negative.  Apologize if it came across that way. I've responded 30 times when I've praised a comment or a review.  An example was the member who milled his own putters.  Beautiful works of art.  My comment about not applying for a Tester position was made because I didn't think I met the criteria, so I haven't applied lately although I've been interested is several products and follow up on the reviews that were shared.  Could have stated that more clearly.  With the knowledge that I've accumulated over the years, I thought that I could add some value when reviewing products. I agree with another responder who stated, being a senior might provide helpful information for other seniors. Didn't mean to de-value the community or anyone who is active in sharing their feedback. 

Regarding another response to my post about being a donor and not being listed as such, I don't know how to find the donor tag.  No worries, I'll donate again this year and follow up on the donor tag etc.

Mavrik Max driver, Ping g25 fairway 16.5, Ping hybrids 22*, 27*, 30* Ping I3 irons 6-pw, u, sw, Callaway Heavenwood

5 minutes ago, GolferinSC said:

Not true.  As I stated in my response, I read the forum and the reviews to learn and I value the information that members have shared.  I have encouraged my golf buddies to join My Golf Spy and explained the benefits. My intention was not to sound negative.  Apologize if it came across that way. I've responded 30 times when I've praised a comment or a review.  An example was the member who milled his own putters.  Beautiful works of art.  My comment about not applying for a Tester position was made because I didn't think I met the criteria, so I haven't applied lately although I've been interested is several products and follow up on the reviews that were shared.  Could have stated that more clearly.  With the knowledge that I've accumulated over the years, I thought that I could add some value when reviewing products. I agree with another responder who stated, being a senior might provide helpful information for other seniors. Didn't mean to de-value the community or anyone who is active in sharing their feedback. 

Regarding another response to my post about being a donor and not being listed as such, I don't know how to find the donor tag.  No worries, I'll donate again this year and follow up on the donor tag etc.

If you had an email or PayPal recept send me a PM with the number and ... I'll get it added for you. We will trust you!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I as a newbie to the game of golf see low HCPers or better reviewing gear on youtube.  I don't see myself in them.  As a high HCP I wonder the clubs they like are actually something that would fit my game at the moment

SCUBA and Golf!! I love to golf during my surface intervals!

I have been playing for 45 years. I am always trying to improve my game by trying new equipment. 

Balls more specifically. I buy a 3 pack and try them out for a round. 

I am a I perfect tester as I am who a large demographic of your audience is which is,  a senior with an 86mph club head speed, 10 hdcp, have played all over US, England, Scotland and Ireland twice.

Everything from desert golf to mountain golf. 

Most of all I have an open mind with a desire try out the latest and greatest tech in golf. 

I've traveled the world clubs in hand. Thought Castle Stewart was better than The OLD Course. 

If you pick me, I'll be your best friend. Except if you need help moving, then all bets are off.

:titleist-small: TSR2 driver 10

:cobra-small:Cobra ltd fairways 3 and 7

:cobra-small:Cobra forged tec irons 5-P

:callaway-small:Callaway wedges 54 and 58

:taylormade-small:TaylorMade del monte 7 face balanced putter

12 hours ago, Fongle said:

Flushing a long iron is when you hit a longer iron, like a 3,4 or 5 iron, perfectly. You swing, and catch the ball dead centre in the clubface, with the perfect swing path, and the ball just absolutely rockets off into the sky, while feeling like you've barely hit it at all, and just keeps going and going. It feels effortless, and pure and magical and when you do it perfectly the first time it's like a drug that keeps you coming back over and over through all the bad rounds til it happens again and again and again.

@Fongle thanks for the heartfelt explanation of what it is to flush a long iron. The longest iron I have is a 5 iron, so I will have to imagine  what it would be like to hit a 3 or 4 iron. Actually, I have a really positive feeling with any club that connects with the ball. Imagine how much more I have to look forward to when I flush my 5 iron. The other day, I did hit my five wood as sweetly as I have ever done in my life. It soared and soared straight and then hit the tree that lay directly between me and the hole. I just never imagined it would go straight... I guess I am starting a new category of flushing a fairway wood. 

Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4 / Callaway Rogue ST 5FW / Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids / Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW / Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60 / Odyssey White Hot OG 7 / Mizuno RB566

I think I would be a great fit for the tester role because I love the concept of testing new and exciting products and sharing my thoughts and opinions on them. I’ve played competitive golf for four years and nothing gets me more excited than hitting and testing the latest and greatest. I would love to share my opinions and would go in great detail!

Tsi3 Driver, Stealth 3-wood and hybrid, Mizuno Mp69, Vokey Sm8 wedges, and a Toulon Sa Diego putter. 

Thanks for giving people the opportunity to test new gear!

Allow me to introduce ourselves. Yes, I said "ourselves" 😄 

First, you've got me, a 19 handicapper (with the aim to get to 1 digit by the end of the year! I know, very optimistic right?). I've been playing golf for around 3 years, so quite new in this. I represent the everyday golfer, love new gear and cutting-edge tech. I believe my insights can resonate with a significant portion of the community. I'm constantly testing new stuff and sharing my honest thoughts with my peers.

Now, the icing on the cake, you also have a senior pro with an astounding 50 years of golf experience, 43 of them as a professional, even playing on the European Tour!. That amount of experience could bring insights not just for the other end of the age spectrum, but also the insights of a pro: a meticulous attention to detail, precision, and understanding.

I'm confident that both perspectives will cover the diverse needs of our community. We aim to offer valuable, relatable insights that can benefit the entire community. Looking forward to the opportunity!

• Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
  • 58 wedge (56 bended to 58) Ben Hogan Imperial
  • 52 wedge Takomo Skyforger
  • P-4 Takomo 101
  • 4 Hybrid Taylormade M6
  • 3 Wood Taylormade M6
  • Driver Callaway Epic GBB
  • Ball Taylormade TP5X

I would be a great tester of equipment for many reasons. I am a golf professional instructor, so as I have been teaching and working with so many various types of golfers it would be a great way to give them first hand knowledge of the equipment out there without being stuck on any brand and give them the facts much like you do at MYGOLFSPY.

Own your Own Swing