Edel Array Putters . 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

I played 18 yesterday and the Edel F-3 didn’t disappoint . I made several putts from the dreaded 12-15 foot range to save par , the putts I missed were all miss reads or speed related , our greens were pretty good though Bermuda tends to change through out the day when sun is brilliant as it was yesterday . At this point ,my strokes gained putting since placing the Edel in play , have been 2-3 strokes per round . The putts go where I aim them , miss reads have plagued my efforts or the results could have been much better  

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

3 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

. At this point ,my strokes gained putting since placing the Edel in play , have been 2-3 strokes per round . 

What handicap level are you comparing for your strokes gained?   Did you track stroke gained prior to the Edel?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

0423D0F3-3DE3-4C0A-BEA1-452146EE5138.jpeg.d77f5a49e846647787270fa10bda7c77.jpegACC5851E-1786-4B00-8F18-806C283F183D.jpeg.fa420d29deec14eb8652cd24c770a7e1.jpegF594F601-06A9-4FFF-B701-2E69CE6EBFF4.jpeg.d7eebe76123fe2b40d3f7fb3be3c1623.jpegACC5851E-1786-4B00-8F18-806C283F183D.jpeg.fa420d29deec14eb8652cd24c770a7e1.jpeg32E0AB58-A01D-4DB6-9ECF-6E15A036D7D1.jpeg.e8f5672191adfe81260246d5e45523d5.jpegF858FCA5-ED22-497B-8BDB-C5124C9C7E1D.jpeg.5c1ca15a06776c1467bad426ab7845be.jpegThe cover is attractive and seems quite durable , first impression is well made and functional. The attaching strap has a good strong magnet in the clasp . The packaging is protector the shipped item , cushioned well with cardboard support and shrink wrap around it to hold it in place . 
 The first impressions are quite impressive and the putter screams quality and style , it gives you confidence in its appearance, before you even pick it up . The moment you sit it down for alignment, it squares up quite well and the triple track alignment really is beneficial to my look . The weights which are standard for my fitting look very effective and seem to do their job of keeping the putter squared up . After the first couple putts the aiming is quite good . Overall appearance at opening is 10 of 10 to my eye , not gaudy or hokey , just effective . 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

What handicap level are you comparing for your strokes gained?   Did you track stroke gained prior to the Edel?

I tracked my total putts per round , and I have gained 2-3 strokes less per round , my index has dropped .4 in the last 6 rounds , and I’ve made more intermediate putts than previously in the 9-18 foot range . I’m not a stat keeper too much but look for improvement in the process so it’s not a scientific extreme . My index is now 16.2 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

My scramble yesterday did not go as planned. I was the new guy in my group, so they had me putting first. I was burning edges all day, but didn't make one putt. One of the guys in my group did comment on how I hit the ball where I was aiming every time, which reaffirmed the feeling I had on my Friday round. It was just one of those days where you feel like your hitting good putts, but nothing is dropping. Such is golf.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Got out to play today, and it was a tale of two nines. Front nine, I had zero three putts and, in general, rolled the ball pretty well. I lost it on the back nine, mostly in my ability to judge speed. In part, this was a contributing factor:

IMG_3496.jpeg.e930b885ceacd06786fe8b99497e9fc4.jpeg

Balls were bouncing on the green, and the speed was very inconsistent.

First hole, I had this look for birdie:

IMG_3487.jpeg.fa19f26957d1c5128fa4cf5b7cab181a.jpeg

The practice green had been rolling fairly quick, so I putted accordingly. It was not quick. Thankfully, made my par, but this was a preview of the speed struggles I would have the rest of the day.

Back nine, I three-putted six times (!!!). A few of those, I had absolutely massive first putts (70ish feet), so I don’t feel too bad about those. I did miss a few short ones where my line was slightly off. I did make some good putts, though, including this five footer to save par:

IMG_3495.jpeg.e6411525270b0a23be297cc5262366f9.jpeg

The other thing I was curious about was how the head cover would fit in a cart bag. It does not fit well, but looks great!

IMG_3488.jpeg.ab97d87eeea987fd3486adf780f048d5.jpeg

Shot Scope thinks I missed about 60 percent of my putts short, but I took notes this time (and yes, @cnosil, I am going to adjust it on the dashboard). On the front nine, of my eight missed putts, only two were short. The long ones were typically within a couple of feet. Back nine, was all over the place, but only left a couple short. 

So far, the Array is meeting the benchmarks I’ve set; strokes gained, not today, but I think that was more me (and the course condition) than anything else. I’ll test that hypothesis on the course hopefully sooner than later!

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

21 hours ago, Parshooter36 said:

My scramble yesterday did not go as planned. I was the new guy in my group, so they had me putting first. I was burning edges all day, but didn't make one putt. One of the guys in my group did comment on how I hit the ball where I was aiming every time, which reaffirmed the feeling I had on my Friday round. It was just one of those days where you feel like your hitting good putts, but nothing is dropping. Such is golf.

Sounds like you were rolling the putts well, had good lines and hope the rest of your team got a good reasd from your lines.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

I played yesterday with my Dad's group. This course has much faster greens that my home course, but I play here several times a year so I knew that going in. I spent some time on the practice green to dial in the pace and my lag putting was excellent all day. I made putts from 18' and 15', and only missed 1 putt from inside of 10'. This was a scramble format again, but this time I was putting last so I got to see a couple of putts before I putted.

I'm walking 9 after work at my home course tonight, hopefully I can readjust to the slower greens as quickly as I did the faster greens yesterday.

Array F-3 

So how is everyone liking these so far compared to their gamers? Are they getting close to beating them out of the bag?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

6 minutes ago, TSauer said:

So how is everyone liking these so far compared to their gamers? Are they getting close to beating them out of the bag?

The F-3 is definitely staying in my bag. I have never been more confident standing over a putt than I am with the Edel. I really think it is more due to the fitting than the actual putter itself. I really liked my old gamer and putted well with it most of the time, but knowing that I am lined up correctly has removed a lot of indecision that I would have with my previous putter.

Array F-3 

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

My putter doesn't arrive until tomorrow.  Due to a lack of fitting options in Wisconsin I also had to order it blind.  It'll be interesting to see if an off the rack/best guess order can compete with the guys that were actually able to go through a full fitting.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :L.A.B.: DF3, Press Pistol 2°

29 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

My putter doesn't arrive until tomorrow.  Due to a lack of fitting options in Wisconsin I also had to order it blind.  It'll be interesting to see if an off the rack/best guess order can compete with the guys that were actually able to go through a full fitting.

Oooh, that's interesting! Not necessarily a bad thing, though. You'll be able provide some results for those off-the-rack players.

So, here are the numbers from my accuracy testing. I did this by seeing how many balls (out of ten) I could put through a gate at 3 feet, 5 feet, and 9 feet. I repeated this test ten times over roughly two weeks to get more representative data. Each time I tested, I had my son roll a dice to determine the order of distances and then to determine if I would start with the gamer (Odyssey R-ball) or the Array. Once order and distance were determined, I would putt ten times with each putter at each distance.

For the results, I noted whether it was good, neutral, or bad. I used Shot Scope's make rate for 10-15 handicaps as the benchmark, seeing as I am now floating around a 15 index.

DistanceControlTesttotalresults.png.02bbc3e55227d3745cef8685fc315384.png

First conclusion is that I need to work on my putting! Surprisingly, I was very good from 9 feet (Shot Scope puts the make rate at between 38.1-39.6%). I was flat out terrible at 5 feet (84-89%) and okay at 3 feet (84-89%).

I was noticeably better with the Array at 5 and 9 feet; my gamer was marginally better at 3 feet. The most significant outlier day was day 10. I had been aerating my lawn all afternoon, and was pretty tired. I think it had a significant impact on my testing.

One thing that I noticed through this component of my test was when I would open or close the face. I got better about it the more I did this test, and will focus on that as I start regularly practicing my putting.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

7 hours ago, TSauer said:

I like the way it looks and feels better than my gamer. I don't have enough playing data with it to say it's staying in the bag.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

I walked 9 holes again tonight at my home course. I putted really good once again. I made putts from 12', 9', and 5'. I also had a 38' uphill put that I lagged to 18". I did have a 3 putt on the last hole from 63'. It was a complete mishit on my part. I took such a long backstroke that I actually hit the putt with a descending blow causing the ball to pop up in the air before it started rolling. The ball ended up 9' short and I burned the edge of the hole. That was the only putt I missed inside of 10' all night. While I never want to 3 putt, from that far away I'm ok with it. Since it was the end of the round, I rolled the putt again after we finished the hole and rolled it up to 3', so I still feel good about the lag putting work I did last Friday.

Array F-3 

On 4/15/2024 at 1:19 PM, TSauer said:

Oooh, that's interesting! Not necessarily a bad thing, though. You'll be able provide some results for those off-the-rack players.

Sorry for the late response!

I can’t see a scenario where I don’t end up bagging this.  If there’s one thing I’m convinced of is that the fitting process works, and that this is a much better fit for me than the face-balanced models I’d been using. That alone means I’m not going back.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Sunday afternoon I finally got the F-1 on the course.  It was a hit and giggle 9-hole round with my 10 and 8 year olds in tow, so I can’t provide much in the way of Strokes Gained or any insightful statistical analysis.  
What I can say: it was the first time in a long time where putting was a strong point!  I went to the course right after a Stack session and with pre-workout pumping through my veins…not exactly a recipe for accuracy.  I barely kept it in bounds and only had 3 GIRs, but I also only had 13 putts on the round and no 3 putts.

IMG_7248.jpeg

That’s a bit misleading in that my short game is coming around a bit; I hit several chips close.  That said, I also drained a par-saving 12 footer and an 18-footer for birdie.  My confidence is beginning to really climb with this thing!

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Just now, Bucky CC said:

It has finally arrived!  I'll have more thoughts later, but first impressions are pretty strong.  The putter has a very clean look.

IMG_4384.jpg.4f20ea6a070be5d19552e86fc42ef92b.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg.6368a0b6685e0815e593e186d445f284.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg.242e2984cede0250a3e03176ae6e2e88.jpg

And yes, I had to test if it could pick up a ball as well.  Struggled to pick it up by sweeping the ball, but it sticks well if you push down on the ball from above.

IMG_4389.jpg.16005539beba465fdf7823fccaa3039a.jpg

Nice putter!

I almost went with the F-2 and 3 dot.  Fitter said either would be a good fit but the F-1 was just a little bit better.  I really like the look of the F-2 though!

@Bucky CC - that putter is beautiful!  

QQ for you and @GolfSpy AFG - how did you decide on the three dot alignment aide (apologies if this was covered in a post on this thread)?  

As part of the DF3 test, I'm going back and forth on a couple different alignment options, and I'm intrigued by a single / triple dot.  Would love to hear how yall ended up with the dots!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

44 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

QQ for you and @GolfSpy AFG - how did you decide on the three dot alignment aide (apologies if this was covered in a post on this thread)?  

As part of the DF3 test, I'm going back and forth on a couple different alignment options, and I'm intrigued by a single / triple dot.  Would love to hear how yall ended up with the dots!

The 3 dot Is the alignment plate Edel recommends to help offset a left aim bias, which I demonstrated in the fitting.

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

The 3 dot Is the alignment plate Edel recommends to help offset a left aim bias, which I demonstrated in the fitting.

Thank you - will go back and review!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

Since I couldn't go in for a fitting I picked it based on my current White Hot OG #7 putter.  I've hit less than 100 putts with the Array, but so far I prefer the Odyssey alignment.  I like having the dots closer to the face and not set back like the Array insert.

IMG_4392.jpg.019a494e9c87d969a73e2fe59ca5e5fb.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :L.A.B.: DF3, Press Pistol 2°

52 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Since I couldn't go in for a fitting I picked it based on my current White Hot OG #7 putter.  I've hit less than 100 putts with the Array, but so far I prefer the Odyssey alignment.  I like having the dots closer to the face and not set back like the Array insert.

IMG_4392.jpg.019a494e9c87d969a73e2fe59ca5e5fb.jpg

Glad it finally showed up for ya... it looks so good! I didn't realize just how big the Odyssey 7 is. The F2 looks very similar to the PXG Bat Attack.

Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on it.

The Edel is a beauty , here are some closeups of the grip , shaft bend , adjustment screws , weights on the bottom that are interchangeable. It is efficient in its aligning claims , as long as I don’t attempt to manipulate the stroke , it goes where it’s supposed to .

A54D36C4-CD76-4242-BE87-7090F80E016E.jpeg

B8CCD79F-1F54-4F33-90EE-0A1F5CE03D13.jpeg

AC30256E-14DB-40D7-B2B5-B8E3434D1683.jpeg

13C04561-331F-4A04-8D60-B0B6AFA46C08.jpeg

536EB20C-0BAF-4C77-9120-79CE105E7D88.jpeg

Edited by Woodrow72

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

18 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

The Edel is a beauty , here are some closeups of the grip , shaft bend , adjustment screws , weights on the bottom that are interchangeable. It is efficient in its aligning claims , as long as I don’t attempt to manipulate the stroke , it goes where it’s supposed to .

These are beautiful putters!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I tested against my previous gamer ( which it totally eclipsed its performance on the course ) , the results from 22 feet up hill were almost identical , holing 59% of each though I believe the alignment of the Edel has helped my overall alignment. There was a significant difference in the longer up hill putts , had to swing the previous gamer much harder and tended to hit it off the heel due to much more effort and distance was more inconsistent 

90A1E70C-6D35-472E-AF94-00AFE35CD82F.jpeg.2e22868d0342d827fe3991ae235d2632.jpeg90A1E70C-6D35-472E-AF94-00AFE35CD82F.jpeg.2e22868d0342d827fe3991ae235d2632.jpegD91A8F22-F43B-4C06-9379-6A1AB5B49752.jpeg.e506d9f531369ffbe4956e2e4769e16d.jpeg1623E3A3-BEA7-41F2-A32B-537745B116BA.jpeg.ac969cce4cace6f54b4a53ed0490e86a.jpeg6E7871F0-0F62-4D90-9E8C-08BF6B38AF18.jpeg.874aee167d1203823ff57b1c52607159.jpeg

D9501374-A7D3-4D51-B09F-55D3D28A865C.jpeg

5932772C-7A5A-458F-90A6-D78091319935.jpeg

80D7FC4D-4B72-4E62-8AB9-9322988EB6A3.jpeg

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

22 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Sunday afternoon I finally got the F-1 on the course.  It was a hit and giggle 9-hole round with my 10 and 8 year olds in tow, so I can’t provide much in the way of Strokes Gained or any insightful statistical analysis.  
What I can say: it was the first time in a long time where putting was a strong point!  I went to the course right after a Stack session and with pre-workout pumping through my veins…not exactly a recipe for accuracy.  I barely kept it in bounds and only had 3 GIRs, but I also only had 13 putts on the round and no 3 putts.

IMG_7248.jpeg

That’s a bit misleading in that my short game is coming around a bit; I hit several chips close.  That said, I also drained a par-saving 12 footer and an 18-footer for birdie.  My confidence is beginning to really climb with this thing!

How comfortable are you with the balance of the putter? It’s awesome that you got the kids out with you for some fun. You never know it might spark an interest for the love of the game.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

That is a nice looking putter

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]