TPT Golf Shafts - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Want to follow our testers posts and progress? Click on their main post links below!
@William P - Main Post 

@Hoyoymac - Main Post 

@RoverRick - Main Post 

@ZackS - Main Post

5 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I think for me more on-course details are best. We all can have great range sessions or sim sessions, but it's on course where the rubber meets the road. But all the other stuff does add to the overall story of the shafts and their impact, so it's all valuable.

Some of the questions I'm interested in are:

- Do you feel more or less confident with the TPT shafts than your gamers?
- Do you feel a fitting is the only way to go with these shafts, even if it's not with TPT directly? Or can the online tool be enough?
- Where do you feel the TPT shafts have helped you the most, the least?
- If you had to buy these shafts yourself knowing how they have or haven't benefited you (and they're not cheap), would you?
- What advice would you give someone looking to buy these shafts?

Thanks for your questions @Shrek74!

First of all I’m only human and even with the TPT Golf shafts I’m still unfortunately capable of making a bad swing.

However, what I’m finding is that despite having been fit for all of my previous shafts and being pretty dialed in with them my dispersion with the TPT Golf shafts has been better and I’ve also picked up some distance with all three shafts that I’ve been testing.

I’m more confident with these shafts than the Diamana ZF, Graphite Design Tour AD DI and the Fujikura Fuel shafts that they replaced.

If I were to have used the online fitting tools and tried to fit myself with the shafts based on their specs and comparing to what I’ve been playing I would have probably gotten the fairway wood and hybrid correct but chosen the wrong shaft for my driver.

The online fitting tool tends to recommend a stiffer shaft than what I was fit into in my driver.  

I’ve found that the TPT shafts feel extremely stable even with the lighter flexes, more so than any other shaft I’ve used before.

I also would not have known which one to select the Nitro or the Power Range, or the HI & LO.

The improvement in dispersion has been the biggest difference with these shafts.  

My accuracy with my driver was already very good but my fairway hit percentage has improved significantly since using the TPT Golf shafts which has led to other gains.

My Arccos Smart distance with driver has also increased by 7 yards or about 3%. 

My 3 wood was my favorite club in the bag prior to using the TPT Golf Power Range 17 HI and now it is even better.

If I was asked to pay full retail for these shafts in order to keep them I would.  They have definitely benefited my game.

I do believe that a fitting would definitely be a smart investment when looking at purchasing these shafts  because they are premium shafts and trying them on a whim and then getting the wrong shaft would be a costly mistake.

If you are contemplating putting these shafts in your bag I would absolutely recommend that you try them.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

Stopped on the way home for some twilight golf again. Played 10 holes at even par, 1 bogey that I backed up with a birdie and pared the rest. I didn't have a shot with hybrid and the one tee shot with 5 wood was not good as I think I am in my head a little with that club. Not the shafts fault, I have a left miss with it well before testing and think I am trying to guide it now. Driver was good, despite it only being technically 2 of 7 fairways with it I would only classify 1 a not good. First few where left just a little right missing the fairway by a little. The 3rd was hit good but I am not eve really aiming for the fairway with driver from the tee location today. The next was a bail right with water all down the left. But very next hole the tees where up a bit and decided to be aggressive and take it over the trees and river on the dogleg and hit to about 40 yards short of the green. I didn't get a picture but here are images from google earth for some reference. The red line is from the tee to were my ball ended up.

Screenshot2024-04-29at10_53_05PM.png.792698b6c8fdf5b80ceb8ec2ac65b297.png

This is a view from the tee

Screenshot2024-04-29at10_55_45PM.png.91c616a8c14e8514cb09ac6e6d98ffde.pngI was also really happy on 9 the hole last time I pulled it into the water off the tee. It was not into the wind this time but wind was from the right which pushes the ball towards the water. I aimed right edge of the fairway and hit a perfect draw into the center of the fairway 300 yards with a wet fairway that got very little roll. The last drive technically missed the fairway but was hit perfect dead straight on a dogleg right with wind in and from the left and I just thought the wind would push it some and ended up through the fairway by a few yards.  

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

11 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I think for me more on-course details are best. We all can have great range sessions or sim sessions, but it's on course where the rubber meets the road. But all the other stuff does add to the overall story of the shafts and their impact, so it's all valuable.

- Do you feel a fitting is the only way to go with these shafts, even if it's not with TPT directly? Or can the online tool be enough?
- If you had to buy these shafts yourself knowing how they have or haven't benefited you (and they're not cheap), would you?

While I haven't been able to play as much I would like during the testing period due to weather and schedule not matching up but over 46 holes so far I am 4 over par. While short game and putting have helped this significantly, but who has a good round without that? It can't be ignored that off the tee has not been costing me strokes either and that is historically the weakest part of my game. I would say dispersion has been been were I have seen a difference. Base numbers are very similar to current shafts. Confidence with them so far is higher as well. I would definitely suggest fitting with the cost they are but for reference I was fit into one flex stiffer then the online fitting from the site. I also was in LO on hybrid and fairway and HI on driver which the online fitting would say HI or LO for all 3 depending if I said I would like to hit higher or lower.

WITB:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

11 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

First of all I’m only human and even with the TPT Golf shafts I’m still unfortunately capable of making a bad swing.

However, what I’m finding is that despite having been fit for all of my previous shafts and being pretty dialed in with them my dispersion with the TPT Golf shafts has been better and I’ve also picked up some distance with all three shafts that I’ve been testing.

I’m more confident with these shafts than the Diamana ZF, Graphite Design Tour AD DI and the Fujikura Fuel shafts that they replaced.

If I were to have used the online fitting tools and tried to fit myself with the shafts based on their specs and comparing to what I’ve been playing I would have probably gotten the fairway wood and hybrid correct but chosen the wrong shaft for my driver.

The online fitting tool tends to recommend a stiffer shaft than what I was fit into in my driver.  

I’ve found that the TPT shafts feel extremely stable even with the lighter flexes, more so than any other shaft I’ve used before.

I also would not have known which one to select the Nitro or the Power Range, or the HI & LO.

The improvement in dispersion has been the biggest difference with these shafts.  

My accuracy with my driver was already very good but my fairway hit percentage has improved significantly since using the TPT Golf shafts which has led to other gains.

My 3 wood was my favorite club in the bag prior to using the TPT Golf Power Range 17 HI and now it is even better.

If I was asked to pay full retail for these shafts in order to keep them I would.  They have definitely benefited my game.

I do believe that a fitting would definitely be a smart investment when looking at purchasing these shafts  because they are premium shafts and trying them on a whim and then getting the wrong shaft would be a costly mistake.

If you are contemplating putting these shafts in your bag I would absolutely recommend that you try them.

Great responses!  Glad to see they are working out and I agree, a fitting on these would be a must at the price point. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

12 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Is the primary difference between power and nitro dispersion vs distance focus? I know it's possibly not that simple, but I found their website un-illuminating. 

Edited by Rearviewmirror

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

11 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Is the primary distance between power and nitro dispersion vs distance focus? I know it's possibly not that simple, but I found their website un-illuminating. 

The difference is just a higher modulus material being used in the Nitro range. This was done to get lower torque without continuing to add weight. 

WITB:

14 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Is the primary difference between power and nitro dispersion vs distance focus? I know it's possibly not that simple, but I found their website un-illuminating. 

At my fitting Jon Sinclair went through the differences between the Nitro and Power Ranges.

It is my understanding that the Nitro Range is the newest shaft profile made with slightly different materials and a slightly refined manufacturing process that allowed across the board for a stronger but lighter shaft with lower torque than the Power Range. 

I believe the shaft bend profiles of the Nitro LO and Power Range LO are fairly similar.  The Nitro HI has a softer mid section than the Power Range Hi.

During my Driver fitting I tried the Nitro 16 HI, 17 LO, 18 LO and Power Range 17 HI & 18 LO.   At different playing lengths ranging from 45 to 45 1/2 inches.

My best results came with the Power Range 18 LO 45”.  

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

19 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I totally agree with on course results being the best measure of performance. I'm not sure what it is about the sims but I don't feel comfortable when using them and I have noted significant differences in performance between sim sessions and actual on course results.

While I have gained in distance with the TPT shafts I am more impressed with the tighter dispersion experienced. My distance has never been anything above average, but the improved dispersion has provided a welcome boost in confidence when using the clubs. 

I would definitely recommend fitting with certified fitter. This is a significant investment and I believe it is much easier to manage expectations by experiencing the results to be gained before committing to a shaft recommended by an on-line algorithm and general input statements.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

14 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

9 hours ago, ZackS said:

While I haven't been able to play as much I would like during the testing period due to weather and schedule not matching up but over 46 holes so far I am 4 over par. While short game and putting have helped this significantly, but who has a good round without that? It can't be ignored that off the tee has not been costing me strokes either and that is historically the weakest part of my game. I would say dispersion has been been were I have seen a difference. Base numbers are very similar to current shafts. Confidence with them so far is higher as well. I would definitely suggest fitting with the cost they are but for reference I was fit into one flex stiffer then the online fitting from the site. I also was in LO on hybrid and fairway and HI on driver which the online fitting would say HI or LO for all 3 depending if I said I would like to hit higher or lower.

1 hour ago, William P said:

I totally agree with on course results being the best measure of performance. I'm not sure what it is about the sims but I don't feel comfortable when using them and I have noted significant differences in performance between sim sessions and actual on course results.

While I have gained in distance with the TPT shafts I am more impressed with the tighter dispersion experienced. My distance has never been anything above average, but the improved dispersion has provided a welcome boost in confidence when using the clubs. 

I would definitely recommend fitting with certified fitter. This is a significant investment and I believe it is much easier to manage expectations by experiencing the results to be gained before committing to a shaft recommended by an on-line algorithm and general input statements.

Thank you for replying to my questions. Great information shared.

I'm curious about the online tool. Have you 3 gone and done the online fitting to compare it to the 3 shafts you ended up with from the in-person fitting? I've gone through it a few times and either ended up with the 17 Hi or 17 Lo depending on the flight question. So I'm curious to know how your results compare to the real results. The closest fitter is several hours away, so I'd have to be 100% sure I'd buy these before making that trip.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

2 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Here is a break down of the specs and frequency profiles from the site. SCR-20240430-iezl.png.65b9c05cbcbc42b90d2ededb7e8b3cc8.png

SCR-20240430-ifms.png.eb87598e93ea2865f4d2897bf3f0b498.png

As you can see the frequency profiles while not exactly the same are very similar but there is a pretty good difference in weight and torque at the same CPM. 

WITB:

2 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I'm curious about the online tool. Have you 3 gone and done the online fitting to compare it to the 3 shafts you ended up with from the in-person fitting? I've gone through it a few times and either ended up with the 17 Hi or 17 Lo depending on the flight question. So I'm curious to know how your results compare to the real results. The closest fitter is several hours away, so I'd have to be 100% sure I'd buy these before making that trip.

Th online fitting suggested the 16 and would be Hi or Lo depending on the flight question as well. I was fit into 1 flex stiffer in the 15 Hi in driver, and Lo in fairway and hybrid. I think the online fitting tool probably leans on the softer side as one of their big things is the consistency of the shaft bend allows you to play a softer shaft and gain distance. In fact their suggestion chart even has where if you go softer to maximum  TPT benefits Screenshot2024-04-30at11_24_51AM.png.f3aec8e1401cb631f898170f45366f06.png

WITB:

On 4/29/2024 at 8:12 AM, Hoyoymac said:

What I’m curious about is how the forum members feel about the information that we’ve been sharing?

What has been helpful to y’all in trying to determine if the TPT golf shafts would be ones that you would want to include in your next fitting?

Or are you more interested in descriptions of the feel and on course performance?

What else would you like to know before we wrap up our final reviews?

Really appreciate the ask! I would love to see:

• If y'all have Arccos, did your average approach distances change as a result?
  • Same Q but for SG driving w/ Arccos before and after TPT.
  • What about penalty strokes on driver?
  • Did you hit Par 5s in two with more accuracy, or take on par 5 shots in two where only one side of the green is defended by bunkers because you knew you could be more confident on dispersion?
  • What was your experience of premium shaft fitting prior to the TPT shafts and how did these compare in terms of fitting bay vs on course differences?

Anecdotally they sound better on dispersion, but as always in golf YMMV 🙂

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

6 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Really appreciate the ask! I would love to see:

• If y'all have Arccos, did your average approach distances change as a result?
  • Same Q but for SG driving w/ Arccos before and after TPT.
  • What about penalty strokes on driver?
  • Did you hit Par 5s in two with more accuracy, or take on par 5 shots in two where only one side of the green is defended by bunkers because you knew you could be more confident on dispersion?
  • What was your experience of premium shaft fitting prior to the TPT shafts and how did these compare in terms of fitting bay vs on course differences?

Anecdotally they sound better on dispersion, but as always in golf YMMV 🙂

Thanks for the questions @Rearviewmirror!

Yes my approach shot distances have decreased as a result of a 7 yard increase in my Arccos Smart distance with driver.  Approach shot SG overall has improved by .1 strokes.

SG with driver has improved by .5 strokes as a result of a combination of increased distance, better accuracy and fewer penalties off the tee.

My ability to reach Par 5 holes in 2 has improved because my Driver and my 3 wood both gained distance and better dispersion. Resulting in better scoring on par 5s.  According to Arccos I am now gaining .2 strokes on my approach shots that are over 200 yards.

I have been fit numerous times over the years and was fit for the three clubs prior to testing the TPT Golf shafts in them.  

All three of the clubs were performing well for me prior to testing the TPT shafts and all of them had premium after market shafts.

My driver had a Diamana ZF 60 S shaft, my 3 wood had a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S and the 5 hybrid had a Fujikura Fuel HY 85 Stiff shaft in it.  

The TPT shafts have improved my performance with all three clubs on the course.  I am achieving similar results on the course as I saw during the fitting with Jon Sinclair.

Planted some bushes and trees yesterday morning and I was sore and tired before my afternoon round. Tried to just take an extra club on every shot and swing easy.

Hit a few trees off the tee when I tried to swing hard which hurt my average distance.

Here’s some of the Arccos data from yesterday’s round:

IMG_0718.png.22311b7918aa029231fa1abab6c78f8b.png

IMG_0720.png.15e3e5a3a99510d7c2d62ef6496cb566.png

IMG_0721.png.72029d2a270c2c51a205487b60a3c508.pngIMG_0722.png.c8f721f031d1a1ab76849d4dd3dfbc94.pngIMG_0719.png.ef20e9175e3e37341cfb677b97c88b61.png

I was hoping to get one more twilight round in after work today but been under the weather the last few days and hasn't got any better so don't think I will make it out. Guess I will work on finishing the final review to release this weekend. 

WITB:

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 8:58 AM, Shrek74 said:

@Shrek74, apologies for the late reply. When I used the on-line fitting tool it put me in the 16 series Hi or Lo depending on the trajectory selected. During the fitting with Jon Sinclair, I was fitted into the stiffer 17 series Lo as it provided a better dispersion with minimal difference in distance. I would advise you go to a certified fitter for an expense of this significance. The ball flight will give you a much better idea of what to expect from each shaft before you make your decision. Maybe make a weekend trip and enjoy a little entertainment time while visiting your fitter.

Edited by William P

I just updated my main post with the final review. Sorry if some of it is incoherent I have been sick most the week and the last few days have been the worst of it, but such is life. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Now off to make my kiddo some dinner then fall asleep, haha. 

WITB:

Final Review is up in the main Post. Having a bit of a technical issue with duplicate graphics at end of review but am seeking help and hope to have resolved soon.

It can be found here:

Posted (edited)

Final review is posted. I planned on taking more pictures, but the weather didn’t cooperate. 

Although not the final post. I plan on reporting how much fun William P and I have in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, we can report how great we played, but we will have fun anyway. 

Edited by RoverRick

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: iCrossover 4 on Graphite Design AD DI 7S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

My final review is up as well.

That's a 4 for 4 for the TPT Shafts! I enjoyed the reviews everybody, and glad to see that you guys enjoyed the overall experience as well. Excited to see how they continue to perform throughout the year and if they make it into 2025! 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

On 4/30/2024 at 8:58 AM, Shrek74 said:

This is a great question! It's always interesting to see how close the online is to actual fitting. 

41 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

That's a 4 for 4 for the TPT Shafts! I enjoyed the reviews everybody, and glad to see that you guys enjoyed the overall experience as well. Excited to see how they continue to perform throughout the year and if they make it into 2025! 

There is no question in my mind about the shafts. The only question for me is will it be the 3H or 4H on the shaft. 

19 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

This is a great question! It's always interesting to see how close the online is to actual fitting. 

We didn’t really have an on-line fitting. We had a in-person fitting with a professional. The key figure in the actual design of the shaft profiles. This fitting was unlike any fitting I have ever had, and at least for me, there was some swing advice that changed my entire concept of the golf swing. While on-line Larry Rinker has more info on this, and Jon Sinclair just touched on the theory, according to them 80% of golfers are “Upper Core” golfers and get no benefit from all of the open the hips instruction out there. 

3 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

We didn’t really have an on-line fitting. We had a in-person fitting with a professional. The key figure in the actual design of the shaft profiles. This fitting was unlike any fitting I have ever had, and at least for me, there was some swing advice that changed my entire concept of the golf swing. While on-line Larry Rinker has more info on this, and Jon Sinclair just touched on the theory, according to them 80% of golfers are “Upper Core” golfers and get no benefit from all of the open the hips instruction out there. 

I know yall had an amazing fitting.  Have you gone and done the online fitting to see how close it would be to what Jon put yall in?  

Most companies have an online fitting tool and it's always interesting to see how close they are compared to a live fitting. 

4 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I know yall had an amazing fitting.  Have you gone and done the online fitting to see how close it would be to what Jon put yall in?  

Most companies have an online fitting tool and it's always interesting to see how close they are compared to a live fitting. 

I clicked the link for an on-line fitting but it said 

IMG_1822.jpeg.af224142faae85493278aae14081266b.jpeg

I would be leery of spending that kind of money on a shaft that has a totally different numbering system. There is no correlation between my previous shaft Tour AD DI 6S and the shaft I was ultimately fitted with. Totally different flight characteristics, weight, bend profile, etc. 

4 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

I clicked the link for an on-line fitting but it said 

IMG_1822.jpeg.af224142faae85493278aae14081266b.jpeg

I would be leery of spending that kind of money on a shaft that has a totally different numbering system. There is no correlation between my previous shaft Tour AD DI 6S and the shaft I was ultimately fitted with. Totally different flight characteristics, weight, bend profile, etc. 

Oh I agree, but for a lot of people the online fitting tool plays a big account. It would be great to see how accurate it is. 

Screenshot_20240505_155012_Chrome.jpg.9d94937d8f79f4ddf042bd75e732a668.jpg

22 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

Right, but have you gone onto the website and tried the online fitting tool to see how close your actual fitting came to the online fitting? I'm curious to see how close or far away your online is to the actual.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

When I used the on-line fitting tool it put me in the 16 series Hi or Lo depending on the trajectory desired selected. During the fitting with Jon Sinclair, I was fitted into the heavier/stiffer 17 series Lo as it provided a better dispersion with minimal difference in distance. I would advocate anyone considering TPT schedule a fitting with a certified fitter. These shafts come at a significant expense, and I would not trust in an on-line fitting algorithm. As an example, does your definition of high or low match TPT's definition or any other OEM? Hitting various profiles and observing the feel and different ball flights will provide a much better expectation of when selecting the shaft/shafts.

Edited by William P

6 minutes ago, William P said:

When I used the on-line fitting tool it put me in the 16 series Hi or Lo depending on the trajectory desired selected. During the fitting with Jon Sinclair, I was fitted into the stiffer 17 series Lo as it provided a better dispersion with minimal difference in distance. I would advocate anyone considering TPT schedule a fitting with a certified fitter. These shafts come at a significant expense, and I would not trust in an on-line fitting algorithm. As an example, does your definition of high or low match TPT's definition or any other OEM? Hitting various profiles and observing the feel and different ball flights will provide a much better expectation of when selecting the shaft/shafts.

100% agree. Fitting is always preferred.  

They have so many options it's interesting that it is close to what you ended up with in the live fitting. 

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

100% agree. Fitting is always preferred.  

They have so many options it's interesting that it is close to what you ended up with in the live fitting. 

No doubt you could get a shaft that is useful to you, but it would be sheer luck to get the BEST shaft for you. There are so many variables. Just the Nitro vs the Power Range. I wouldn’t have even looked at the Power Range for me, because newer and lighter is always better. But it’s not. For me the “heavier” Power Range, was more consistent and better for me.