• May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

My email was flooded last week from all the courses that they are open, thanks to multiple 60+ degree days. Cart path only(no problem for us walkers) and some are still using winter hole locations(i.e in the fiarway) but im happy to be golfing!  It's colder this week, so only the die hards will be out, which will hopefully keep my round tomorrow going smoothly as I have a tight window to fit it in.  

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Courses here are open all year… weather permitting.  Yes, we can get snow but it usually doesn’t stick around long.  We are also usually dry so we get people driving 200 miles from Seattle or 150 miles from Spokane to play when the weather is decent.  We do get 2-3 hour frost delays sometimes.  
The irrigation water was turned on a week ago so the grass is starting to green up.  Greens are pretty quick running at 10.5 on the stimpmeter according to the Super (pretty good for a muni).  In another month or so the stimp will be 11.  Probably time for another aeration.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We have two courses here at our club in South Central Pennsylvania  (Oenn National Golf Club) and the club keeps one open all year.  Obviously there are days when it’s closed due to temperature or snow but it stays mostly open.  I was able to play on it Dec thru March.  Our other course opened this month.

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

I'm an all-weather golfer (except pouring rain) - the only time I feel miserable is when it's raining heavy; other than that, if the ground's not frozen I'm going to try and play.

This - During the Winter when our Pro Shop is closed, Socials can play free Winter Golf to the extent weather permits.  - is one of the primary reasons I joined a local club near me this year. FREE WINTER GOLF has my name all over it.  😉 With that being said, I think the course "officially" opens at the end of March?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

We honestly don't get much snow in Indiana. (I think we got about 3" total this winter.) Many of the courses are open year-round. Some of them do close during the November through February timeframe. I've already been able to play three times so far this year and I have a teetime for tomorrow. My favorite course does close for winter, but they re-opened on March 15.

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

My favorite local course is always open. Around Thanksgiving they put a box out and it's 20 dollars to play as much as you want each day.

Callaway epic speed Callaway os iron talormade 3 hybrid cleveland rtx 3 wedges

I moved onto a daily fee course 18 months ago. I am stunned by how many people play in really poor weather. Like 30° and a little sleet, and there's still a dozen or more groups out there. 40° and sunny? The parking lot is full.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Courses here in SE Michigan typically close mid-November, and then depending upon weather and snow depth or accumulation over the winter shoot for mid-to late March openings.

There are only a couple courses that will open during the November through March months if there is no snow on the ground and temperatures are above 32 degrees F.

This past winter has been warmer and not as much total snow, and we have had some warmer, 55+ - 70 degree F days, and one of the courses I regularly play has seen over 900 paid rounds as of last weekend.

One of my friends is a starter there, and he mentioned this is the most rounds this early in the year they have seen since the course was originally opened in 2000.

I have had a couple outdoors rounds this year, and am hoping to get another one in tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky to have year-round golf in Alabama!

:cobra-small: Driver: RADSPEED 10.5°; Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
:callaway-small: 3W: Rogue; Aldila Synergy 60S
:cobra-small: 4H: RADSPEED 21° UST Recoil ESX 480 F4
:callaway-small: Irons: Apex 2021 (4-AW); Elevate 115S
:callaway-small: Wedges: JAWS RAW 54° (10S) and 60° (10)
:scotty-small: Special Select Newport 2 
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV
:taylormade-small: 2024 TP5x