Testers Announced! Evnroll and Precision Pro ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I just played with a very interesting individual. He's got to be the most optimistic and clueless or reality distorted golfers I know. Very positive golfers full of confidence.

The guy is probably a 90 shooter and we started the day with pleasant chitchat he complimented every shots I made in the style of a tv commentator. He said his drive is about 280, in reality is more like 210. We were on a 390 yard hole and he hit his best drive about 230. When we get to the ball I told him he had 184 to the pin, then he said great, that's a 300 yard drive for him, ??? He calls his 20' putt a 10 footer and much more.

He wasn't trying to be funny or entertaining he really believed what he said. I chuckle a few times with his commentary. I was in a good relaxing mood I shot 70. I will miss his energy for sure.

I just played with a very interesting individual. He's got to be the most optimistic and clueless or reality distorted golfers I know. Very positive golfers full of confidence.

The guy is probably a 90 shooter and we started the day with pleasant chitchat he complimented every shots I made in the style of a tv commentator. He said his drive is about 280, in reality is more like 210. We were on a 390 yard hole and he hit his best drive about 230. When we get to the ball I told him he had 184 to the pin, then he said great, that's a 300 yard drive for him, ??? He calls his 20' putt a 10 footer and much more.

He wasn't trying to be funny or entertaining he really believed what he said. I chuckle a few times with his commentary. I was in a good relaxing mood I shot 70. I will miss his energy for sure.

I play with his "relatives" often

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Missed 2 fairways and hit 9 greens and I end up shooting 44-43=87.  3 holes contributed to most of is the issues where I had a quad and 2 doubles.   The doubles were the result of OB shots and the quad was the result of a ball in the water and some horrible shot game play.  Was generally swinging the club well,  but just couldn't convert when I missed the green.   I really need to do something about my short game.   Today I ended up hitting the ball thin several times.  I am pretty sure I am flipping my hands resulting in my hitting the middle of the ball.   Right now at a total loss on what to do.  I drop balls on the chipping green and hit them well;  just can't execute on the course.   It is so frustrating especially since the other aspects of my game are working pretty well  :mad:  :angry:  :(  :unsure:  :wacko:

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Missed 2 fairways and hit 9 greens and I end up shooting 44-43=87. 3 holes contributed to most of is the issues where I had a quad and 2 doubles. The doubles were the result of OB shots and the quad was the result of a ball in the water and some horrible shot game play. Was generally swinging the club well, but just couldn't convert when I missed the green. I really need to do something about my short game. Today I ended up hitting the ball thin several times. I am pretty sure I am flipping my hands resulting in my hitting the middle of the ball. Right now at a total loss on what to do. I drop balls on the chipping green and hit them well; just can't execute on the course. It is so frustrating especially since the other aspects of my game are working pretty well :mad: :angry: :( :unsure: :wacko:

That's still a good score considering all the bad that happened. Means you put up a bunch of pars and possibly birdies so you gotta take the good with the bad.

Do you mind telling the story of the quad for entertainment purposes?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Played in our annual charity day outing at my club which is generally a slow slog of a round with lots of bad golf. Not much changed this year as it was me and three guys with handicaps in the mid to high 20's. I slapped it around for 75 on my ball and we did not even sniff a top ten. I think -26 won the event or something crazy like that. On a good note my index now rounds to 1 so I get a shot on #3 which is not something I am used to.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

That's still a good score considering all the bad that happened. Means you put up a bunch of pars and possibly birdies so you gotta take the good with the bad.

No birdies on the day.  Wasn't unhappy with the rest of the round,  just my short game.  

Here is the situation.  Playing skins with 4 others and the hole is a 553 yard par 5 playing downwind.  Hit great drive and I am about 250 out from the green.  All the other players hit poor second shots.  I pull 5 iron to basically layup and avoid trouble,  but listened to one of my playing partners who said that I should see if I can reach in two.  Stupid me switches to 3 wood.   I end up hitting the 3 wood fat and with and open face and push the ball right into the water.  Drop puts me 150 out.  Played for the middle but ended up flying the green by about 20 feet.  Blade the chip shot into the bunker on the other side of the green.  Leave next shot in the bunker.  Hit 2nd shot from bunker to 10 feet.   2 putts for a solid 9.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My game is coming around. I shot a very new very 37-38 75 today. Hit the ball well, 11 greens, 12 fairways, 30 putts. I will have a comment to make on the irons thread. That one has been an eye opener. I actually hit my hybrid/fairway woods than irons.

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

My game is coming around. I shot a very new very 37-38 75 today. Hit the ball well, 11 greens, 12 fairways, 30 putts. I will have a comment to make on the irons thread. That one has been an eye opener. I actually hit my hybrid/fairway woods than irons.

looking forward to the comments on the iron thread.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played in our annual charity day outing at my club which is generally a slow slog of a round with lots of bad golf. Not much changed this year as it was me and three guys with handicaps in the mid to high 20's. I slapped it around for 75 on my ball and we did not even sniff a top ten. I think -26 won the event or something crazy like that. On a good note my index now rounds to 1 so I get a shot on #3 which is not something I am used to.

That's what Charity Golf is. Have to grin and bear it. It's all for a good cause.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Missed 2 fairways and hit 9 greens and I end up shooting 44-43=87.  3 holes contributed to most of is the issues where I had a quad and 2 doubles.   The doubles were the result of OB shots and the quad was the result of a ball in the water and some horrible shot game play.  Was generally swinging the club well,  but just couldn't convert when I missed the green.   I really need to do something about my short game.   Today I ended up hitting the ball thin several times.  I am pretty sure I am flipping my hands resulting in my hitting the middle of the ball.   Right now at a total loss on what to do.  I drop balls on the chipping green and hit them well;  just can't execute on the course.   It is so frustrating especially since the other aspects of my game are working pretty well  :mad:  :angry:  :(  :unsure:  :wacko:

... If you are chipping and pitching well on the practice green, stating the obvious, it is mental not physical. If you can concentrate on the process and not the result, it is much easier to chip well. One way to address this problem is after hitting your chip and concentrating on perfect contact, do not let your eyes come up until you identify a specific blade of grass under your ball. Any blade will do as long as you actually find one specific blade. Always let your eyes drift up as your head turns, never lifting your body to see how your chip finishes near the hole. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

No birdies on the day. Wasn't unhappy with the rest of the round, just my short game.

Here is the situation. Playing skins with 4 others and the hole is a 553 yard par 5 playing downwind. Hit great drive and I am about 250 out from the green. All the other players hit poor second shots. I pull 5 iron to basically layup and avoid trouble, but listened to one of my playing partners who said that I should see if I can reach in two. Stupid me switches to 3 wood. I end up hitting the 3 wood fat and with and open face and push the ball right into the water. Drop puts me 150 out. Played for the middle but ended up flying the green by about 20 feet. Blade the chip shot into the bunker on the other side of the green. Leave next shot in the bunker. Hit 2nd shot from bunker to 10 feet. 2 putts for a solid 9.

Although that may have been painful, thanks for sharing. What a ride. Never listen to advice from someone telling you to go for it that.....

A. You're playing against

B. Just hit a bad second shot

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

41 on the front 9, had a triple and a double, and one bogey.... how do you lose a ball that was in play? Just disappeared. Then short a 6 iron into a pond... that was no where near where I was aiming. Oh well, played like dog doo and still only shot 5 over.

... If you are chipping and pitching well on the practice green, stating the obvious, it is mental not physical. If you can concentrate on the process and not the result, it is much easier to chip well. One way to address this problem is after hitting your chip and concentrating on perfect contact, do not let your eyes come up until you identify a specific blade of grass under your ball. Any blade will do as long as you actually find one specific blade. Always let your eyes drift up as your head turns, never lifting your body to see how your chip finishes near the hole. 

Thanks,  definitely a mental thing.  i am sure I have some technique things,  but once I hit a bad one it just gets me off my game.

Although that may have been painful, thanks for sharing. What a ride. Never listen to advice from someone telling you to go for it that.....

A. You're playing against

B. Just hit a bad second shot

Not that painful,  I know I did it to myself.  I truly thought I could hit that shot and not hit the ball into the water.  

Thanks,  definitely a mental thing.  i am sure I have some technique things,  but once I hit a bad one it just gets me off my game.

... If like many you are flipping your hands causing inconsistent contact here is a great lil drill. Next time you are at a chipping green put a ball about 6 inches in front of the ball you are chipping. Then try and make your chip hit the ball 6" in front of your ball and do NOT let it jump over that ball. You will be hitting solid chips in no time. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

Saturday, my wife and I played in a charity scramble sponsored by our local Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealer.  I normally wouldn't have played but we were asked a couple of weeks ago by my service manager and his boss when we played a casual round with them.  We shot 62 (-10); winning score was 54.  I know going in that we had no chance but as a team, we had fun.  We used my wife's drive on 10 holes and my drive on 5 holes.  

Today, Sunday, my wife an I played with a single.  I had a bad first nine holes and so-so on the back nine.  45/40=85.  I was a little sore from swinging out of my arse the day before.  Scrambles get me out of sync.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played yesterday afternoon. I've been playing well coming in, so I kind of expected to play well again yesterday, but I completely lost my driver on the front 9.  I had no idea what I was doing, but I put myself in a ton of trouble off the tee.  It didn't help any that the wind was blowing pretty good out there yesterday as well. I shot a 42 on the front and then finally got my driver figured out on hole 10 and ended up with a 38 on the back.  I'm not real happy with an 80, but the way I hit the ball on the front side, I'll definitely take it. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Played 9 on a course I haven't played in since high school last week. Tough target type course, a lot of water but well maintained and used to host a Symetra Tour stop here in Syracuse. Got around in 39. Highlight was a birdie on a par 5 after hitting my third from 100 to a couple of feet. Also didn't lose a ball, so a big success on that front. Trying to get my game in shape for a Captain and Crew in a couple weeks and then my last tournament the week after, so I'm feeling ok.

Really want to win that C&C since I was going to ask some co-workers from when I worked at Dick's if they wanted to play since it's a charity tournament one of our co-workers was throwing. They formed a team behind my back and only asked me when one of them got a DWI, and then after DWI guy said he'd play, they took him over me. I'm out for blood. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Played 9 on a course I haven't played in since high school last week. Tough target type course, a lot of water but well maintained and used to host a Symetra Tour stop here in Syracuse. Got around in 39. Highlight was a birdie on a par 5 after hitting my third from 100 to a couple of feet. Also didn't lose a ball, so a big success on that front. Trying to get my game in shape for a Captain and Crew in a couple weeks and then my last tournament the week after, so I'm feeling ok.

Really want to win that C&C since I was going to ask some co-workers from when I worked at Dick's if they wanted to play since it's a charity tournament one of our co-workers was throwing. They formed a team behind my back and only asked me when one of them got a DWI, and then after DWI guy said he'd play, they took him over me. I'm out for blood. 

Sic em bergtaur and beat em like a drum!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Shot a 5 over on the easy front for a 39, then shot a clean second nine 36 for a 75.

the Front was one of those where you seem to hit a crap shot each hole.

Its depressing when you start out with a 100 yard duff on a short par 5, but then I almost birdied it thanks to a solid 9 iron. But, then I missed the little 8 footer...

And so it went... :huh:

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Today I played my quarter finals presidents cup match play.

I found my self three holes down on the 6th tee yet I had only hit one bad shot..... My opposition was on fire.

He played solid from tee to green and knock in two birdies.

On the 6th tee par 3 into a strong head wind he missed the green and I hit mine pin high and tapped it in for birdie

I sort of gained momentum from here and pulled it back to all square by the ninth hole.

This was showing signs of a great match!

On the 10th tee, I hit a missile drive leaving me a 4 iron in again the head wind was strong and the course saturated from the heavy rains.

The 4 iron was an absolute peach 10 foot ft right of pin .... I lipped out for the birdie and took par which sent me one up.

I kept the momentum and was 3 up stood on the 14th tee I hit a steady drive leaving me 200 yards into the bloody wind again!!

I nailed my 3 hybrid caught a flyer and it sailed 220 yards he pulled one back!!

I lost the next hole and I was one up it was unbelievable really as I hit it through the back of the par five in two and my chip just checked up to quick 

leaving me with a 15 ft putt it lipped out..... he got his birdie.

Now I was one up and the negative thought popped in my mind walking to the 16th tee I realised this and told my self I was still 1 up and in control.

I went on to win the next two holes taking the win on the 17th and on to the SEMI FINALS......wish me luck GOLF SPIES!!!

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

Played early morning 7:28 little humid but not bad. Scrambled for an 82, 42/40. Putting saved my fat butt, no 3 putts, 1 chip in birdie, 4 one putts.

With my bum shoulder never hit a drive over 200yds or approach shot over 175. Need to remedy that.

All in all happy to be out there banging the ball around. I

Rick

Left Hand, 

... If like many you are flipping your hands causing inconsistent contact here is a great lil drill. Next time you are at a chipping green put a ball about 6 inches in front of the ball you are chipping. Then try and make your chip hit the ball 6" in front of your ball and do NOT let it jump over that ball. You will be hitting solid chips in no time.

Interesting.

Rick

Left Hand, 

41 on the front 9, had a triple and a double, and one bogey.... how do you lose a ball that was in play? Just disappeared. Then short a 6 iron into a pond... that was no where near where I was aiming. Oh well, played like dog doo and still only shot 5 over.

5 over is doggy doo that u don't mind stepping in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On occasion I don't mind it. But I was a really short course, and it jacked me all up.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon...

- Alan

Over 6800, yea.... 5600 not so much

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

For the first time I came close to breaking my goal of 90 this year - came in at 92. But then there was today . As they say the golf gods giveth and take it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

For the first time I came close to breaking my goal of 90 this year - came in at 92. But then there was today . As they say the golf gods giveth and take it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

There's always tomorrow, you'll make it soon.

Rick

Left Hand,