Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 holes with our club Pro this afternoon. Holes 2 - 7 I played 2 over par, unfortunately triples on the other 3 holes destroyed my score. This seems to be fairly common at the moment, so I was kinda happy it happened whilst out with the Pro.

I'll have a chipping lesson with him after the weekend as my miss (shank) when chipping reared its ugly head, which lead to two of the triples.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

My last two nine hole after work muni rounds, I am combined +3... Being in the fairway is so awesome!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180523-185246.png

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Atta kid!!! Keep after it out there! Sounds like the game got a whole lot more fun-Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Played 9 holes with our club Pro this afternoon. Holes 2 - 7 I played 2 over par, unfortunately triples on the other 3 holes destroyed my score. This seems to be fairly common at the moment, so I was kinda happy it happened whilst out with the Pro.

I'll have a chipping lesson with him after the weekend as my miss (shank) when chipping reared its ugly head, which lead to two of the triples.

Let us know how the lesson goes-hopefully a simple fix!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Second loop at Hyland Hills - Gold and first round with the new Rife 2Bar Mallet.

Turned at (-1) with a clean card. Big drive on #10 left me 65 yards from the middle of the fairway to a hole cut extreme front. Walked off the green even par and more than slightly steamed. Birdied 3 of the next 6 holes against 1 strange bogey on #12 that necessitated a spinner SW attempt from the putting surface. Pushed my tee ball into an awkward position just right of the fairway on #17 - 129 yds over a water hazard with a Pete Dye style bulkhead to a front hole location from what appeared to be a juicy lie. Stock GW should have been safe but it came out dead, smacked into the bulkhead and ended up in the drink. Took my drop and hit a really good flop shot to ~12 feet but lipped out the bogey putt. Routine par on 18 was good enough for my classic level par cat burglar loop... it's like I was never even here.

Official tally for the initial 2Bar gamer trials - 31 putts (30 adjusted for the putting surface pitch). Made the overwhelming majority of the putts I typically should; in addition to a dead center 40+ foot bomb. Overall a fairly tidy stat line for the first time in the bag but more testing under serious pressure is required.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

48 44 92... has an opportunity to break 90 but chunked my 7i on 18. Wasn't pretty. But hey, that's golf!

My swing felt the best it's ever felt today. Didn't hit one drive OB. First time ever I think.

Played new Vice Tour... boy am I in love. Plays much better than NXT Tour in my opinion. Will def be buying more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Shot 1 over today

I'm so loving my new bag.

I KNOW every drive is gunna be long and in play, I know I'm putting the next shot on the green.

I only wish I was a better putter...

Oh man! Great round out there Sluggo! Pulling for ya and I know the putting will materialize! :)

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Being as it's early in the golf season way up here, I'm only on my fourth round of the year and I'm still stuck on my (what I call) psycho rounds: 47-34=81. So while I feel the round sucked, there's still potential there. ... Or maybe not. :lol:

Keep after it RP! I understand you may be a bit hobbled up, so take it easy and ease in Bud!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Second loop at Hyland Hills - Gold and first round with the new Rife 2Bar Mallet.

Turned at (-1) with a clean card. Big drive on #10 left me 65 yards from the middle of the fairway to a hole cut extreme front. Walked off the green even par and more than slightly steamed. Birdied 3 of the next 6 holes against 1 strange bogey on #12 that necessitated a spinner SW attempt from the putting surface. Pushed my tee ball into an awkward position just right of the fairway on #17 - 129 yds over a water hazard with a Pete Dye style bulkhead to a front hole location from what appeared to be a juicy lie. Stock GW should have been safe but it came out dead, smacked into the bulkhead and ended up in the drink. Took my drop and hit a really good flop shot to ~12 feet but lipped out the bogey putt. Routine par on 18 was good enough for my classic level par cat burglar loop... it's like I was never even here.

Official tally for the initial 2Bar gamer trials - 31 putts (30 adjusted for the putting surface pitch). Made the overwhelming majority of the putts I typically should; in addition to a dead center 40+ foot bomb. Overall a fairly tidy stat line for the first time in the bag but more testing under serious pressure is required.

Clean and green-gotta love it-Nice work!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

48 44 92... has an opportunity to break 90 but chunked my 7i on 18. Wasn't pretty. But hey, that's golf!

My swing felt the best it's ever felt today. Didn't hit one drive OB. First time ever I think.

Played new Vice Tour... boy am I in love. Plays much better than NXT Tour in my opinion. Will def be buying more.

You'll be sub-90 in no time and soon enough you'll be bitchin' that you couldn't break 80! Awesome find on the balls...It's weird that even though they're generally "white & round", they really do all have their own unique properties. Tried the Snell MTB black or reds yet? Maybe start an affair with those against those Vices..?!! :ph34r:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

You'll be sub-90 in no time and soon enough you'll be bitchin' that you couldn't break 80! Awesome find on the balls...It's weird that even though they're generally "white & round", they really do all have their own unique properties. Tried the Snell MTB black or reds yet? Maybe start an affair with those against those Vices..?!! :ph34r:

It's funny because my goal this year was to break 100 three times. Since Feb I've done it six times and 4 of my last five rounds have been under 100. I fall more in love with this game every time I play!

Ha! Once I get through some of the Five Dozen Vice Tour I purchased, I may have to give the Snell a go. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

It's funny because my goal this year was to break 100 three times. Since Feb I've done it six times and 4 of my last five rounds have been under 100. I fall more in love with this game every time I play!

Ha! Once I get through some of the Five Dozen Vice Tour I purchased, I may have to give the Snell a go. 

Yer kickin' down the door man! Keep us apprised! it's exciting to hear about the positives of the f-ed up little game! ;)

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Second round of the year and shot 92 with 5 GIRs to make myself feel better. 2.1 putts per hole and only 1 lost ball off the tee. I did chunk about 5 approach shots from within 100 yards which was frustrating but at least I know if I can get those under control I can start shooting sub 90s regularly.

PS Love seeing everyones improvement and dedication!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

Well as I wait for the rain to pass I figured why not throw in a quick update. Had a lesson a few days ago and wow has it paid off. Simple changes that are easy to do and haven't disrupted my game entirely which is nice. Last two rounds at my home course both 81 (still yet to crack 80 this season, but it's close) the biggest thing is my driver is coming around and starting to have more confidenc. Second though are mubirons. With the few simple changes I'm striking the ball much much better and getting a extra 5-7 yards out of each club. Been an adjustment and have been long on a few par 3's but that's a fairly easy adjustment. Very happy with the progress the last few rounds and hope today I can get out there and put forth a solid round

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Got out Sunday and turned a really great round of golf into a terrible 75 (was -2 with 6 holes to play).  The driver went crooked, the irons went all over and my putter was no help.  Got out after work last night to just try and get things right and for the first time in a few weeks I hit the ball like I should and put up a 73 with decent putting.  The orange whip and the DST compressor are the saviors of my game right now to help with tempo and attack angle.  Heading out for a quick round tonight to get ready for a 3 day event at my club over the weekend.  

Also have to say going back to the Hogan irons was big for me.  No issues with my elbow due to the Recoils and my distance was right where it should be with a good strike.  Fortunately I am back to striking the ball well.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Got out Sunday and turned a really great round of golf into a terrible 75 (was -2 with 6 holes to play).  The driver went crooked, the irons went all over and my putter was no help.  Got out after work last night to just try and get things right and for the first time in a few weeks I hit the ball like I should and put up a 73 with decent putting.  The orange whip and the DST compressor are the saviors of my game right now to help with tempo and attack angle.  Heading out for a quick round tonight to get ready for a 3 day event at my club over the weekend.  

Also have to say going back to the Hogan irons was big for me.  No issues with my elbow due to the Recoils and my distance was right where it should be with a good strike.  Fortunately I am back to striking the ball well.

Good stuff J! I may have to look into the orange whip myself. Good luck this weekend and looking forward to hearing positive things from ya! Cheers!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I play in a league on Tuesday nights.... I work in IT and a fair amount of the guys that play are probably 20+ handicaps.  We've got some guys that even miss the ball when they swing (gulp!)...  We don't use 'caps and play best ball.  For the last 3 years my partner (who is probably around a 10) and I have won - by a lot.  Last year we won by 20 strokes.

The league was having enough of that so they switched things up this year and broke us up and gave us each the worst player in the league.  My guy has his moments but woo-boy...there are times when it isn't pretty at all.

We play as foursomes and all 4 get the same score.

Last week I played with 2 guys and the 'A' player was out so he had a sub.  The sub was probably at least an 18+ hc and his partner just started playing so he was a 20+...and then there's my guy who is probably a 30.  To be honest with you I don't know if these guys even play outside of this league and have ever played 18 holes.

That puts quite a bit of pressure on the 'A' player to carry the team.  I'm certainly not a scratch golfer by any means but I can at least consistently get it in the fairway and hit the green.

We played last Tuesday and were 2 under after 7 but all 4 of us missed a short 6 footer for par so we ended at 1 under.  It's hard to tell what my own score would have been since it is best ball but we almost always used my shots so I was pretty pleased with how I played.  The rest of the groups were 1 over.

Have you ever had to play like this in a best ball league and if so what was your shot strategy?  Did you wait until everyone else hit and then decide what you should do (i.e. just find the fairway) or did you hit first knowing that it really wouldn't matter what happened after that?  

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I play in a league on Tuesday nights.... I work in IT and a fair amount of the guys that play are probably 20+ handicaps.  We've got some guys that even miss the ball when they swing (gulp!)...  We don't use 'caps and play best ball.  For the last 3 years my partner (who is probably around a 10) and I have won - by a lot.  Last year we won by 20 strokes.

The league was having enough of that so they switched things up this year and broke us up and gave us each the worst player in the league.  My guy has his moments but woo-boy...there are times when it isn't pretty at all.

We play as foursomes and all 4 get the same score.

Last week I played with 2 guys and the 'A' player was out so he had a sub.  The sub was probably at least an 18+ hc and his partner just started playing so he was a 20+...and then there's my guy who is probably a 30.  To be honest with you I don't know if these guys even play outside of this league and have ever played 18 holes.

That puts quite a bit of pressure on the 'A' player to carry the team.  I'm certainly not a scratch golfer by any means but I can at least consistently get it in the fairway and hit the green.

We played last Tuesday and were 2 under after 7 but all 4 of us missed a short 6 footer for par so we ended at 1 under.  It's hard to tell what my own score would have been since it is best ball but we almost always used my shots so I was pretty pleased with how I played.  The rest of the groups were 1 over.

Have you ever had to play like this in a best ball league and if so what was your shot strategy?  Did you wait until everyone else hit and then decide what you should do (i.e. just find the fairway) or did you hit first knowing that it really wouldn't matter what happened after that?  

Good write up Stroker and nice win! Also good questions there that I'd like to see answers to since my group may be getting closer to signing up for some local scramble tournaments. I'd humbly suggest to maybe start a new thread on that subject alone since I'm sure it will take off.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

The office shut down early so I was able to walk 9 for my first “official” round of the year. It was a blah 51, thanks to driver and putting. Irons and chipping were pretty good.

Out of 7 driver holes, I hit the fairway on 2, chipped out sideways on 3, and took penalties on the other 2. Fuzzy greens had me leaving everything short.

Still, it was only my first time out there and scoring. Bound to get the feel back. I hope!

Oh and the C300 gap wedge is quickly becoming my favorite club.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

9 holes after work. 52

Fairway 2

GIR 0

Putts 18 with one 4 putt

If you can't drive it in the fairway, the score adds up fast!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Played my personal best round ever today shot a 96 and it could have been better. I had bogey on so many holes. I would have done better until like an idiot I saw the score on my app that I use and played some really poor holes could have broken 90 today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome Bud, great job

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played my personal best round ever today shot a 96 and it could have been better. I had bogey on so many holes. I would have done better until like an idiot I saw the score on my app that I use and played some really poor holes could have broken 90 today.

Ahhhh! The score bug! I get mentally boned every time too. Take the time you'd normally have to "peek" at the scores next time and instead, take an extra puff off of a fine cigar, have a shot with the fellas or simply look up and out to the beauty of the area you're in. Before you know it, the round is over and....

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Ahhhh! The score bug! I get mentally boned every time too. Take the time you'd normally have to "peek" at the scores next time and instead, take an extra puff off of a fine cigar, have a shot with the fellas or simply look up and out to the beauty of the area you're in. Before you know it, the round is over and....

That's why I like Execs sometimes, don't keep score and fire away.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Awesome Bud, great job

I'm with Rick, great round and congrats on a sub-100!. And don't down-play your best-ever round with the negatives. Grab this latest success by the balls and go forth and conquer a better one next time-YOU can do it!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

That's why I like Execs sometimes, don't keep score and fire away.

Indeed. I gotta hit ours here more often like my Granddad & I did back in the day! I'd probably get a little more deadly at short range which has really come on to be a plus for me lately.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

You'll bust 90 in the near future. I feel it in my bones!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Played Eagles Talon again today... shot a 98 on Sunday.

Shot 45...47...92 today!!!

Left some putts out there and few bad thinned iron shots. Otherwise my swing feels better every day. Those lessons have paid off immensely!

Played Eagles Talon again today... shot a 98 on Sunday.

Shot 45...47...92 today!!!

Left some putts out there and few bad thinned iron shots. Otherwise my swing feels better every day. Those lessons have paid off immensely!

Score seems to be dropping nicely, keep up the good work

Rick

Left Hand,