Our Sponsors

Well I guess I should start contributing to this thread as the season is in full swing. Shot 47 on Wed night in the same league that MDGolfHacker referenced. Which is right around my HC. A double on the final hole from 94 yards out cost me two strokes as I ended up in a horrible lie in a green side bunker under the lip. Actually got out onto the green but 3 putted for the double.

As a result I finished one shot behind MDGolfHacker, which as it turns out may have cost me 1st net. But two spies taking 1st and 3rd out of a field of 72 is repping MGS pretty well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That was a hell of an out from that bunker with water on the other side of the bunker that you had to worry about!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Played 9 this afternoon​. Didn't win any awards - Congrats ESP!! Congrats MDGolfhacker!! - but it went pretty well overall, feel like I'm actually​ starting to have a little bit of control over where the ball is going .. .. well, most of the time... ...

Gave myself a few Mulligans on a few tee shots that I topped, and those do-over shots were good. And then I had to take a drop after a low snap hook shot into the woods, which was followed by .. yep .. another hook into the woods....

Ha, well, I didn't say it was ALL good.

Wedges were somewhat better today, but still a.bit messy and two approaches from not too difficult lies came out a little low and bounced on and then through the green. But on the flip side ;-) I did hit them both on a good line - better than my typical way right or way left.

Putting still a work in progress.

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Played in 2 captains choice outings this past week, played the strawberry festival outing here in fort mill on Tuesday with 3 guys from church, we all played decent that day and together we shot 57, which tied for second with about 5 other teams, first place was some guys that play in these things together all the time, they shot 53. That is skewed some because of mulligans. Then on Saturday my work hosted their first, hopefully annual, golf outing to raise money for the 4 charities that the company and employees sponser. I played with 2 guys that are probably 20 hcps, they payed well so that helped, I hit the ball incredibly well that day we shot a 65. It was a short course so we were 5 under on the par fives. I was able to reach all of them. So we had 2 other birdies and another eagle along with 2 bogeys, but all in all we played really well, and I came within inches of having a hole in one on our last hole, 300 yd par 4. I am still trying to figure out how the ball got past the hole without going in, but it was a tap in eagle.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

So I played another round (partially anyways) of Player/ Caddy with one of my buds yesterday.

Shot really low again, and my bud got a rare round in the 70's. and he envisions the beginning of a streak of more.

Just spending a few moments before each shot, talking about what you really should do, makes the mind clearer about what your shot is going to do.

Shave a stroke here, and there. Don't have that "blow-up" hole. Minimize mistakes. Don't try the miracle shots all the time, maybe just half the time, and recognize the situations when it's really a bad time to try that.

Remember, half the game is mental...

That's great, I always try to play 2vs2 cumulative stroke play when I have a weekend foursome. You get that player/caddy teamwork going on and you have to think strategically to make every shot count, and since you have opponents, the pressure is on. Makes the game much more fun to have someone talk strategically with you.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

attachicon.gifIMG_0155.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0154.JPG

It was a beautiful day to shoot an 82. I'm just off right now. Plain old off. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Stop it Rev!  I think you are rubbing off on me!  

I birdied the first two holes yesterday walking with the guys, at which point I made the mistake of saying "I could break the course record theoretically."  Ended up with an 83.   :(   But it was still the best round in 2 weeks.  

Seems like the "How'd you play?" thread is merging with the "I suck at golf" thread.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

40 / 44 = 84 today and won third place in our weekly blitz. After winning 1st place last week at Monroe CC they demoted me back to the white tees. lol I've caught sooooo much grief over playing the green (senior) tees last week that it's not even funny....

• Like 5

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Well today was a hot mess or a disaster, maybe both.

I played in our Senior Men'S league.  I've never gone out with them, as it's 18 holes and I hate to take that much time away from work, but I was in a good position work load wise today, so thought why not.   107 shots later, I know why not...

The neat thing is the play our Gold Tees 5765, versus the white 6150 we play in our league.  So I had high hopes for a good round.  Good Grief, Hit a very nice high drive right down the pipe on the first hole, with only 75 yards in, I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done.   Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that.   I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees and walked off with a bogey, thanks to a great escape and good up and down.    it was more of the same from there.

By the time I salvaged any sort of a game, 2 pars and a bogey on the last 3 holes the damage was done.

Well that's golf!!!

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

40 / 44 = 84 today and won third place in our weekly blitz. After winning 1st place last week at Monroe CC they demoted me back to the white tees. lol I've caught sooooo much grief over playing the green (senior) tees last week that it's not even funny....

Well Done buddy!!   take it from me the Senior tees aren't all the cracked up to be (see above post..ha)

• Like 1

Well Done buddy!! take it from me the Senior tees aren't all the cracked up to be (see above post..ha)

Them sum bitochs want let me play the senior tees...

Oh well I'll just kept taking their money anyways

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Them sum bitochs want let me play the senior tees...

Oh well I'll just kept taking their money anyways

That's the way to do it...laugh all the way to the bank!!

• Like 1

That's the way to do it...laugh all the way to the bank!!

My game is coming around cuz and I feel like putting a good ole fashion arse whupping one em for messing with me about the damn senior tees.

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

My game is coming around cuz and I feel like putting a good ole fashion arse whupping one em for messing with me about the damn senior tees.

Oh I see a woodshed whoopin in somebody's future

As for my venture into the Senior league. I was looking at the scores for today, and not that im a buddying Champions Tour member or anything. But the fact I didn't play to my level and left 1st place out there for the taking with just a decent round aggravated me. I'll go back for more.

The only issue is I can't do it every week as it took up half a work day. But I will be back, this I promise.

• Like 2

Oh I see a woodshed whoopin in somebody's future

As for my venture into the Senior league. I was looking at the scores for today, and not that im a buddying Champions Tour member or anything. But the fact I didn't play to my level and left 1st place out there for the taking with just a decent round aggravated me. I'll go back for more.

The only issue is I can't do it every week as it took up half a work day. But I will be back, this I promise.

Hey I don't mind playing the white tees for a few more years... As long as them jokers don't call me for sand bagging... In fact,,, one of my good friends (Jack) who regularly shoots in the mid to low seventies from the white (member tees)and they have been hounding him! I told em,,, hell Jack, you're 70 dude! Just because you average 250+ off the tees, the local rule of 70's for seniors should hold up for you!

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Hey I don't mind playing the white tees for a few more years... As long as them jokers don't call me for sand bagging... In fact,,, one of my good friends (Jack) who regularly shoots in the mid to low seventies from the white (member tees)and they have been hounding him! I told em,,, hell Jack, you're 70 dude! Just because you average 250+ off the tees, the local rule of 70's for seniors should hold up for you!

70 and hitting that far and shooting that low. What an inspiration to get my old butt out there and practice. I still hold out hope there are some yards to be found, if I can ever get pointed in the right direction with my swing that seems to have left me two years ago.

• Like 1

70 and hitting that far and shooting that low. What an inspiration to get my old butt out there and practice. I still hold out hope there are some yards to be found, if I can ever get pointed in the right direction with my swing that seems to have left me two years ago.

Old Jack is a pretty special character... He seriously reminds me of Davis Love III look a like. He hits the ball a mile for his age and has that natural golf game going on. I'd toss my left nutt in the can for that kind of game....

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

My iron game was off today big time 53/49 had 3/3 putts on the back nine.

It needs to warm up soon, golfing in the low 40* in May. Lol

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9    
:cobra-small: 3 wood                

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 6i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50* 54* 56*                                                     

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 Chalk

:taylormade-small: TP5 

Well today was a hot mess or a disaster, maybe both.

I played in our Senior Men'S league. I've never gone out with them, as it's 18 holes and I hate to take that much time away from work, but I was in a good position work load wise today, so thought why not. 107 shots later, I know why not...

The neat thing is the play our Gold Tees 5765, versus the white 6150 we play in our league. So I had high hopes for a good round. Good Grief, Hit a very nice high drive right down the pipe on the first hole, with only 75 yards in, I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done. Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that. I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees and walked off with a bogey, thanks to a great escape and good up and down. it was more of the same from there.

By the time I salvaged any sort of a game, 2 pars and a bogey on the last 3 holes the damage was done.

Well that's golf!!!

😱 Get the bad juju out before tomorrow's league is what I say ;)

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

48 on 9. Threw some shots away, had some long putts 25 ft plus that I went for the hole vs lagging up and missed big and it rolled down hill to add an extra putt back up.  Par 5 9th hole, great drive, 220 out but somewhat under trees, if I kept it low I could get there, instead of just swinging normal, I tried to close the face, play it back in my stance, you know everything youre supposed to do, and I chunked it, got in my own head, sliced next shot in to the sand and it all went down from there. 

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

...I'm thinking, yeah baby, I'm going to show these guys how it's done. Well the golf gods will get you for thoughts like that.

I hit an "Alan" right dead into the trees...

"..an 'Alan'.."

Ha! Good one ... that's hilarious!!!

@Shankster: you see that story?

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator