Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Went back out an played nine after lunch with my son and much better results. Played the front 9 that I have not sniffed sub 40 on in my last two rounds in -2 35. Drove it well, hit the irons well and most of all made the putts that I should.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

So the guys whom I played with today wanted to find out just how tough Bayou is. They are a 10 and an 18 respectively. We played from the tips. As a group we shot 82, 103, 109 respectively, 74.8/148 slope.

But here's the deal. The round took 3:29 minutes.

It's not as much about how hard the course is or how many strokes you take is it is being ready to play.

My 82 was like a 76 on an average course BTW. I actually hit it well and for a while it looked like I might break 80. 16 from 210 over a hazzard was too much and I made triple when I hooked my 3 wood into the water left. :(

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just for get a grip we putted everything out.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So the guys whom I played with today wanted to find out just how tough Bayou is. They are a 10 and an 18 respectively. We played from the tips. As a group we shot 82, 103, 109 respectively, 74.8/148 slope.

But here's the deal. The round took 3:29 minutes.

It's not as much about how hard the course is or how many strokes you take is it is being ready to play.

My 82 was like a 76 on an average course BTW. I actually hit it well and for a while it looked like I might break 80. 16 from 210 over a hazzard was too much and I made triple when I hooked my 3 wood into the water left. :(

That's really solid Rev. My buddy shot 84 in his U.S. Open qualifier at Pete Dye Golf Club in West Virginia. Just a brutal course. I think it was 76/145. Granted, it was a huge off day for him. I would've been ecstatic shooting in the low 90s there.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Went 38/39/77 today to finally get off the schneide.  I've been playing very poorly of late but today was mostly solid.  A bad hole on each side but a birdie each side to take some of the sting off.  Whenever I play poorly it usually starts right from the tee.  Today, save for my first swing w/driver I was pounding it off the tee.  Made a couple of nice sand saves and some other nice scrambling.  And somehow I did it with 12 component clubs in the bag since if Bob Renegar is to be believed those are the incompetent designs of garage tinkerers made out of recycled beer cans or some such.  But somehow I GOT BY.

Finally had great weather today. 80 degrees and 4-5mph wind, it literally doesn't get any better at my course.

So I tied my career low round at my course and shot my low round of the year (so far???)

35-39 for a 74. Still had a double and a 3 putt par on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My wife and I went out to the club today for a 1:30 tee time.  We were the first group off behind a charity scramble so play was slow.  I hit the ball better today than I have in a long time... for 14 holes.  On the 14th green the course marshal came out and made everyone come back to the clubhouse as a big thunderstorm went by east of town.  I had been watching it and it looked like it was going to miss the course, so I wasn't too worried.  We didn't even get rain.  It did miss us and after 30 minutes, they let us back on the course.  I should have stayed in the clubhouse!!

I was +3 through 14 and usually shoot 2-3 over on the back nine (the front nine is much harder), so I was looking at a good round.  After the delay, I played the last four holes, double bogey, bogey, bogey, par.  The wind did pick up and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees.  So I shot 39/40 for 79.  Our course is a par 72; 37 front and 35 for the back.  Not a bad round but should have been much better.  This was a case of God ruining one of the best games of my life!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I went out to the club today for a 1:30 tee time.  We were the first group off behind a charity scramble so play was slow.  I hit the ball better today than I have in a long time... for 14 holes.  On the 14th green the course marshal came out and made everyone come back to the clubhouse as a big thunderstorm went by east of town.  I had been watching it and it looked like it was going to miss the course, so I wasn't too worried.  We didn't even get rain.  It did miss us and after 30 minutes, they let us back on the course.  I should have stayed in the clubhouse!!

I was +3 through 14 and usually shoot 2-3 over on the back nine (the front nine is much harder), so I was looking at a good round.  After the delay, I played the last four holes, double bogey, bogey, bogey, par.  The wind did pick up and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees.  So I shot 39/40 for 79.  Our course is a par 72; 37 front and 35 for the back.  Not a bad round but should have been much better.  This was a case of God ruining one of the best games of my life!

There is no God

Went for another lesson Thursday.  That usually spells disaster for the next round, particularly when no range time in between.  But in this lesson, we identified what I had gotten away from the last few weeks in my swing rebuild (after 10 straight rounds in the mid to low 80s, I've had 6 straight 90+).  Really had gotten off my left side.

Long story short, it worked!  Shot a 42/43 85.  Really solid ball striking, 11 GIRs.  Could been an awesome round, but 38 putts again, including FIVE, count 'em, FIVE three putts (so that's 38 putts in two consecutive rounds).  That, plus losing my backswing on two holes for a triple and a double (after parring 7 of 9 previous holes), kept me from a real good score.  

Great lesson result.  And guess what?  I've scheduled a putting lesson for next Friday!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I just shot 90 for the second time this year. Driving well, hitting irons decent, chipping fairly good.... putting is killing me! I just can't make a putt. I had three triple bogeys today, and at least that many doubles. I have a birdie putt and I end up with bogey. I'm crushing everything 6-8 feet past the hole. I don't know why, and I can't seem to stop doing it. It's frustrating to say the least, especially when you know you're a better player than that.

Oh well..... just have to keep on plugging and hope to straighten it out.

My wife and I went out to the club today for a 1:30 tee time. We were the first group off behind a charity scramble so play was slow. I hit the ball better today than I have in a long time... for 14 holes. On the 14th green the course marshal came out and made everyone come back to the clubhouse as a big thunderstorm went by east of town. I had been watching it and it looked like it was going to miss the course, so I wasn't too worried. We didn't even get rain. It did miss us and after 30 minutes, they let us back on the course. I should have stayed in the clubhouse!!

I was +3 through 14 and usually shoot 2-3 over on the back nine (the front nine is much harder), so I was looking at a good round. After the delay, I played the last four holes, double bogey, bogey, bogey, par. The wind did pick up and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. So I shot 39/40 for 79. Our course is a par 72; 37 front and 35 for the back. Not a bad round but should have been much better. This was a case of God ruining one of the best games of my life!

That was man, not God. God pushed the storm aside. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Still can't put 2 good rounds together. +6 through 13 holes Saturday and 73 Sunday. That's all I got.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

After the thunderstorm passed by last night (I was told there was actually a funnel cloud that didn't touch down), the wind blew all night and it didn't quit by morning.  We had an 11:38 tee time and it was sunny with winds 25-35 with gusts to 45.  I played crappy, shot 88.  Highlight was a poor driver into the wind on the par 5 13th, OK hybrid second shot to the left rough, then from 132 a beautiful 5i :wacko: straight into the wind to 5 feet and birdie.  The rest of the holes were just awful.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I forgot to mention the greens so apparently the course super decided that the greens needed to be sped up a little, over the past few months they have been running about 8-9, Saturday they were running more like 11-12, so it was difficult to get the speed right, putts that came up short last week were running 3 feet past, I like the fast greens, but they sure were hard to adjust. Shot 80 with 2 three putts

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

He actually does care, because he cares about you.

That should have been my line! Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I was meant to, but it was raining at the course so I cancelled my tee time and remade it for this Saturday at 9:16.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Shot 85 (+13) with 3 bogeys and no birdies... Went par on the first 4 holes including the hole that I have never done better than double on. Then I went double double triple triple... Par'd 9 10 11 12 13 .Bogey 13 par 14 Bogey 15 par 16 bogey 17 par 18 for a plus 13 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

As a meteorologist, I love nothing more than telling someone they are wrong to their face and explaining why. In college on a storm chase in Mississippi we stopped at an outback steakhouse for food. A tornado warning was issued for the area-- every phone went off. At this point we all laughed seeing as we had gone in and out of warnings all day. Manager came up to us and said we may put you in the back, seeing as the warning was issued. We basically told him nah, but if we go to the porch and run back in... then you can panic. More recently in Scottsdale a storm blew up on us, the main line was missing us but a single cell soaked everything for 10-15 minutes. I pulled out my app and basically said it should be over soon. Sure enough the storm blew over, taking out half of the golfers on the course. We finished the round so much faster as everyone ducked for cover. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played twice this weekend. Shot 93 -- including a double triple 16 and 17 that derailed my otherwise decent card. I hit a tree on the corner, never saw the ball land and on top of it my golfing buddy decided to pick a fight with a guy who hit 20 yards behind us. For a few seconds I thought him and the guy behind us would come to blows. After that, I played Sunday alone and shot a 42 on the front and 47 on the back. Once again 17 killed me. Took an unplayable on a ball that rolled up against a wall and somehow didn't bounce back. Hit a perfect 7 iron under a tree that was too much club and rolled off the green. Managed to bogey 17 against a wind, off a sidehill tee and kept the ball out of the water on 18 to hit 89. I'm struggling but the difference is I made some really good shots and kept mistakes manageable.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

As a meteorologist, I love nothing more than telling someone they are wrong to their face and explaining why. In college on a storm chase in Mississippi we stopped at an outback steakhouse for food. A tornado warning was issued for the area-- every phone went off. At this point we all laughed seeing as we had gone in and out of warnings all day. Manager came up to us and said we may put you in the back, seeing as the warning was issued. We basically told him nah, but if we go to the porch and run back in... then you can panic. More recently in Scottsdale a storm blew up on us, the main line was missing us but a single cell soaked everything for 10-15 minutes. I pulled out my app and basically said it should be over soon. Sure enough the storm blew over, taking out half of the golfers on the course. We finished the round so much faster as everyone ducked for cover. 

I had been watching the storm and knew it was going to pass to the east of us. If they were going to pull us off the course, they should have done it as it was approaching from the south.  It could have turned our direction, but once it was east of us, it was passing on by.  I think they were concerned that it might circle around from the north; storms around here have been known to do that.  People on the other side of this cell said there was a funnel cloud, but didn't touch down.  Very rare in our area.

IMG_2452.jpg

I was frustrated with the windy weather yesterday and played poorly.  The guys at the club got an early tee time before the H.S. regionals practice round got underway.  I had two bad holes on the front and shot +6, but settled down and shot +2 on the back with two birdies, one a no-putt sandy birdie!!  So, I am happy with a round of 80 with a double and a triple on the front.

Another 85 degrees and single digit wind day.  Shot another 74, that's back to back 74's for me which is unheard of.  Went 36-38 and was able to keep doubles off the card this time.

So good news is that I've been playing well lately, bad news is that it looks like the next handicap revision is going to come out before we start our singles match play matches for this year.  I'm going to lose 2 strokes off the bat from where I've been.  Let's hope this trend continues or I'm out in the first round.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

We, too, had perfect weather today--sunny, light breezes, low eighties.  Shot a 42/45 87.  Good news was that I reduced the putts to 30 (from 38 each of the last two rounds).  Driver was great through 15 holes, irons were basically off all day.  Back nine, we were held up by a corporate scramble outing. 1:40 for first nine, 2:35 for the second.  Felt it definitely affected the ball-striking.  First, the back started stiffening up with the constant waiting.  Second, my mind got working about swing tweaks, fixes.  Not a good thing.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

After the thunderstorm passed by last night (I was told there was actually a funnel cloud that didn't touch down), the wind blew all night and it didn't quit by morning.  We had an 11:38 tee time and it was sunny with winds 25-35 with gusts to 45.  I played crappy, shot 88.  Highlight was a poor driver into the wind on the par 5 13th, OK hybrid second shot to the left rough, then from 132 a beautiful 5i :wacko: straight into the wind to 5 feet and birdie.  The rest of the holes were just awful.

By definition a funnel cloud is a tornado that doesn't touch down. (Meteorologist pet peeve that national news doesn't explain this.)

It's been up and down for me the past few weeks. A couple rounds in the 70s followed by high 80s. Tuesday night I shot 39 in league. Yesterday I shot 92. Just a huge difference in the mental outlooks between good and bad rounds. Good rounds I feel confident over everything and don't worry about the occasional bad shot. Bad rounds I feel like I've never swung a club before and frustration takes over.

Tried to hit balls the last few days and was not successful by anyone's definition.  Playing the first round of the season long club match play championship tomorrow vs a 15 handicap....I have no shot.  Then playing a three day $250 a man Memorial Weekend tournament.  Hoping the later three rounds put some cash in my pocket.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Tried to hit balls the last few days and was not successful by anyone's definition. Playing the first round of the season long club match play championship tomorrow vs a 15 handicap....I have no shot. Then playing a three day $250 a man Memorial Weekend tournament. Hoping the later three rounds put some cash in my pocket.

Gotta love the handicap system. I'm feeling sarcastic this morning.

Tried to hit balls the last few days and was not successful by anyone's definition.  Playing the first round of the season long club match play championship tomorrow vs a 15 handicap....I have no shot.  Then playing a three day $250 a man Memorial Weekend tournament.  Hoping the later three rounds put some cash in my pocket.

You only have a shot if the HCP is legit.  Play well.