How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 

FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. 😄

Putts 15-13-28 

Awesome way to go

• Like 1

Woo-Hoo! I broke par for the first time ever today!!! I shot 36-34-70 (-2)!! The putter was on FIRE! I made at least 5 putts over 20 feet. It was nice to see a few putts go in because I had really been struggling with the putter lately. 
FIR 11/14 That might be the most fairways I have ever hit. I guess all good scoring starts from hitting the fairway. 
GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. [emoji1]
Putts 15-13-28 

Congrats - that's quite an accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

GIR 13/18 Oddly the irons weren't very sharp today so I know I left some shots out there. [emoji1]
Putts 15-13-28 

Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment and one I hope to achieve someday.

Driver: 915 D2 10.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: 710 AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

• Like 1

Drizzly day so no one was on the course. I was able to play 7 holes before the downpour hit. Fortunately I had an umbrella in my push cart.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Sounds like you did pretty well for someone with injuries. Hope you're back to A1 shape shortly

Got a dbl visit to Orthopedic surgeon Thursday see what happens. I think a dbl scope job in knee and shoulder. Still too early for knee replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Putts 15-13-28 

That’s great!! Good for you I’m sure more scores like that are on the way!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Putts 15-13-28 

Good for you!!

Makes my 76 today seem putrid

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

If there was a day I was going to break 80, today was it. +2 after 9, played the back 9 at +8 with 2 3-putts. Yikes!

Muddy conditions got me on a couple wedges, because I'm pretty steep and it cost me, but mostly just couldn't make a putt. Oh well it was fun to play with the work boys.

• Like 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Played 36 yesterday; temps were in the low 50s but with the winds coming off the Chesapeake Bay it was pretty chilly. B all striking was so much better than the scores indicated and I putted fairly well. . Distance control on my short game (50 yards and in) was really off resulting in lots of bogeys. I really hate Bermuda rough: especially when the ball is sitting on top. Scores 86/85.

Short game contact is so much better than earlier in the year, now I need to work on the distance control aspect; specifically how far the ball will release after it hits the green.

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This morning 41-44=85, not great but felt better than I have in weeks. Weather awesome, 53* little to no wind and sunny which warmed up quickly.
Back 9 felt my swing and driver distance start to come back a bit but didn’t show in the score.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 birds 5 bogies, 3 over

mixed bag today, but driver continues to be a weapon. Was warm today and the wind came up at the turn something fierce.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Wednesday morning a little bit better, 40-43=83. Started hitting the Driver a LOT better but the usual steady putter was on break. Even irons felt OK. Thank God for Cortisone [emoji106]

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

First round in a few weeks and shot 80. Nothing exciting about it....birdie and a double thanks to a weird angled shot from aa bunker to a short stick. 

• Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

82, 10 over playing off my new, very sad 9 handicap. Very tough conditions, high wind and most pins cut on slopes. Was playing reasonably solidly until a very soft triple after repeated brain fades really cost me. 

To put the wind in perspective, the 1st played downwind, par 5 500 yards, driver 5 iron. 2nd back into the wind, par 4 365 yards, driver as good as the 1st, then 5 wood.

Pretty happy to play a bit better after an awful run of late.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

We traveled to Crescent Oaks yesterday.......about 30 miles away, LOL. I shot 46/43:89.......and came in tied for 2nd Place in our Stableford Points Game. My quota was 24 and I finished -5. Note, there were no players finishing above -1. The course is a bit longer than our usual play and the wind was about 11 mph.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Played what might be my last round of the season..I haven't plated in about a month to start with. But I felt good. Sadly it was sad.. went out with a 52.. a holy what the F 52.. worst front 9 in months.. heck worst 9 in months. Make the turn a bogey 10.. great it continues. Make a par here make a par there when all said and done shoot a 39 on the back. Omg I hate this game.. lol ended up with a 91 after a month lay off..

I'm ok with the finish. To all you who's season is still in full swing.. have a great winter..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, Reesedw said:

Played what might be my last round of the season..I haven't plated in about a month to start with. But I felt good. Sadly it was sad.. went out with a 52.. a holy what the F 52.. worst front 9 in months.. heck worst 9 in months. Make the turn a bogey 10.. great it continues. Make a par here make a par there when all said and done shoot a 39 on the back. Omg I hate this game.. lol ended up with a 91 after a month lay off..

I'm ok with the finish. To all you who's season is still in full swing.. have a great winter..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry to hear that you are finished for the season.  It's been wonderful here on the east side of the Cascades, although a little breezy the last couple of days.  It was sunny and 71º on Friday!! 

I haven't been playing very well lately.  Scores are 4-5 shots higher than what I shot early this year.  Yesterday, I shot 41 on the par 37 front nine and 43 on the par 35 back nine.  The back nine is also easier than the front.  WTH!  

This has been a year of changing my swing, and over the past 5 weeks I have been testing the SuperSpeed Golf training system. I know it has affected my swing tempo; I've been missing a lot more fairways than I am used to.  However, I have also not been spending much time in the short game practice area.  When I am not playing, I have focused on my full swing on the range.  I have got to get back to chipping and putting practice.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@Reesedw, I had nearly the same round as you today.  I’m a 16 index, and went out in 50.  Holes 9-17 I played at even par, two birdies, two bogeys.  Tripled 18 with 2 shots in the water to finish with a 90.  Holy Toledo!  

• Like 5

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't been playing very well lately.  Scores are 4-5 shots higher than what I shot early this year.

I hear ya brother. I haven't been playing very consistent as of late either. Too many peaks and valleys during my rounds. I kind of wonder if maybe I've just mentally lost some focus now that the fall has arrived and me and the other guys aren't so regular around the course. Honestly, I've felt a little lethargic. I'm leaving tomorrow for Birmingham to play for a few days with some buddies. I think the change of environment and the challenge will be good for my soul. We'll have some good matches and plenty fun. 

• Like 5

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour