How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

In the 50's and winter gloves??  Really?  I don't wear gloves... even in the 30's.  Keep my hands warm between shots and I'm good to go.

Glad the lessons are working out.  We still have to get together for a round... and a round or two afterwards sometime.

We call those volcano holes... "Ray" holes after a bull rider that worked at our previous course.  He changed the holes, but didn't use the steel plate after he cut the new hole to eliminate the "volcano".

Yeah.. poor circulation in my fingers and toes; my extremities get cold way too easily.....

Thx! And We'll def figure out a when-where for rounds!!!

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

I have to admit....    if it's in the 50s and sunny, I'm wearing shorts and a polo.  

This is what northern Finnish ancestry does to a person.   LOL

• Like 5

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

First round in over 3 months. Played to a +3 thanks to 3 up and downs. Hit my new driver 3x and found fairways all 3x. I have hope to make golf fun again in terms of scoring. 

• Like 8

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had a nice day yesterday before we got socked with rain today. Carded a 46 from the blues which is within a few strokes of being average but still subpar

Problem was I lost track of the wind on #9 and hit an iron directly into it with a draw... that took it straight into water left. On par 3 I blew two chips and made a 7 footer to save triple. Also missed a 5 footer for the first birdie of the year. On the other hand, those rounds last year would have been a disaster without any hope. Seems I at least kept myself in the game up until 9.

• Like 7

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice looking course!!  Great chip!  You were robbed!!!!!

My wife got all the video of the planes - I'll have to see if I can get one or two clips from her to share. I will also say, my short game has been remarkably good as of late. No hole outs yet, but I've been routinely close on numerous occasions. That was the third near miss on this particular round.

• Like 6

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

On 3/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In Kansas City this week. Landed yesterday at the same time a tornado came through. Then decided to go to Top Golf today between lunch and dinner meetings. Another disaster. Turns out to be spring break and 50% off Tuesdays. Get there and it was a two hour wait. That was and go. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Do you have any courses lined up? I used to live a couple hours south of KC and did a buddies trip up there a few years ago.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I hosted RevKev, MattF , 00Sportsman & Tony@CIC at Saddlebrook Resort today. Added three players from my club to make two foursomes. The weather was frightful with 21 mph sustaining winds and gusts up to 35 mph.

Image1616105403.590312.thumb.jpg.ab670e2f6f2a353dcda60e3c048315b5.jpg

Although I played with my three locals, so the others could play together, I was happy to do so. I will play with Tony and Matt tomorrow and next month with RevKev & 00.

I ended up with a 44/44:88 with one birdie. Today was the inaugural round with my new PXG 0211. Wow, was I impressed. Straight down the middle and long(for me).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

I sure recognize the “Hat”!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I sure recognize the “Hat”!

Good lookin group right there[emoji12]

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a Nicklaus Signature course in the mountains in Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday, very small well guarded greens, a lot of elevation changes (not something I’m used to in Houston) didn’t do too bad, had 4 pars and 2 birdies

42+44 = 86

• Like 7

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I hosted RevKev, MattF , 00Sportsman & Tony@CIC at Saddlebrook Resort today. Added three players from my club to make two foursomes. The weather was frightful with 21 mph sustaining winds and gusts up to 35 mph.

Image1616105403.590312.thumb.jpg.ab670e2f6f2a353dcda60e3c048315b5.jpg

Although I played with my three locals, so the others could play together, I was happy to do so. I will play with Tony and Matt tomorrow and next month with RevKev & 00.

I ended up with a 44/44:88 with one birdie. Today was the inaugural round with my new PXG 0211. Wow, was I impressed. Straight down the middle and long(for me).

PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Thanks for arranging it Foz but could you turn the fans down a bit next time? That wind was something. Had a great time, fun course. Played reasonably well on the back. I was also trying a “new” driver. First time with the G410 LST on the course. Hit it reasonably well in the wind.

• Like 9

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

On 3/16/2021 at 7:31 PM, cksurfdude said:

Got the season opener in last weekend.. temps just into the 50s but winds in the 20s to 30s! But it was really, really (really!) great to be out on an actual course again!! Yeah, had to wear extra layers and winter gloves but I guess I've gotten kinda used to those with practicing in the unfinished garage over the winter. 

So... if this round was any indication ... this is going to be pretty good golfing season for me! The series of lessons I've been doing are definitely paying off as the full swing is much, much better - making solid contact more often and watching the ball go in the general intended direction more often.

Short game was decent, but .. of course .. needs some more work (always) and some sharpening up. Putting, though, was the laggard of the day.... Not only were my stroke and speed just a leeeeetle bit off but I was also having trouble figuring out the right amount of wind break! Sometimes too much, sometimes an extra gust would come along and bye bye ball. Seemed like the hole locations had not been moved in a while, either, as little "volcano" mounds had formed around them and did a really good job at playing defense against all putts that were not the exact right line + speed. Oh well .. it is what it is in this game... 😉 

The greens up on the Island aren’t going to be good for a while. Just worry about your stroke, not the results right now.

Happy to hear about the ball striking! Sounds like the new irons are working well.... 👍

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 15* Helium 

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

9 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Do you have any courses lined up? I used to live a couple hours south of KC and did a buddies trip up there a few years ago.

To early in the season in that area for me to play golf there. It was crappy weather too. Last night they said it would snow. This morning there was nothing but wind and light rain in the upper thirtys. Just raw weather. Just got home to better weather. Will be playing this weekend. 

There are a few courses in that area I have played.

I did get to Top Golf yesterday afternoon. It was a good time.

• Like 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1-over 38 today. Should've honestly been under par as I made 3 birdies, but also had (2) 3-putt bogies 🙄. Right after hitting a nice 12-footer for birdie on the hole before and yelling "LAB GOLF!" to my friend, I 3-putt from like 40 feet. Left the first putt HORRIBLY short and totally misread it. Then on the next hole to compensate I rolled it 8 feet beyond the cup and lip out the comeback. Not too mad at the first one since it was from so far, but the second was totally avoidable and an easy 2-putt normally. I hit 6/9 greens so I'm pretty happy, but could've been my 3rd ever 9-hole round under par 😞

• Like 9

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

1-over 38 today. Should've honestly been under par as I made 3 birdies, but also had (2) 3-putt bogies 🙄. Right after hitting a nice 12-footer for birdie on the hole before and yelling "LAB GOLF!" to my friend, I 3-putt from like 40 feet. Left the first putt HORRIBLY short and totally misread it. Then on the next hole to compensate I rolled it 8 feet beyond the cup and lip out the comeback. Not too mad at the first one since it was from so far, but the second was totally avoidable and an easy 2-putt normally. I hit 6/9 greens so I'm pretty happy, but could've been my 3rd ever 9-hole round under par 😞

I remember playing in league one night, walking off the 16th green, a 196 yd par 3 at one-over.  I was thinking how I was playing pretty well, hitting most of the greens, my misses being just barely off.  Just the one bogey, missed a bunch of putts.  One of the guys and I were talking about how we were playing, and I let out a "yeah, I seem to be playing pretty well,  Maybe have a chance to shoot even par for the nine."

The golf gods apparently heard me, because my tee shot on #17 wound up behind a tree.  Not only behind the tree, but up against the trunk.  Wound up making triple.

The golf gods can be punishing at times.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

42/41 yesterday and I was scrambling to get there. 

Left a lot out there so I decided to double back and play 6-7 more holes until I was saturated with rain. Thankfully it was fruitful - figured out what I was doing wrong and parred all but one.

My swing has a tendency to get flat and I end up hitting the ball thin; changed my angle of attack to come in a little steeper and was flushing it....

Sometime I think golf needs to be either 12 holes or 25. LOL.

Looking forward to the real season starting....when can you count rounds toward your index??

• Like 9

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Looking forward to the real season starting....when can you count rounds toward your index??

Ours began March 1st and was I ever glad to see it kick in!.    I've already gone up a full index point as my lower scores began being replaced with 80-83s.  

I have that same tendency to get flat and when that happens it's really a mess!  Working on a swing change currently and being more upright is one of the key aspects of that change.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

42/41 yesterday and I was scrambling to get there. 
Left a lot out there so I decided to double back and play 6-7 more holes until I was saturated with rain. Thankfully it was fruitful - figured out what I was doing wrong and parred all but one.
My swing has a tendency to get flat and I end up hitting the ball thin; changed my angle of attack to come in a little steeper and was flushing it....
Sometime I think golf needs to be either 12 holes or 25. LOL.

Always -

The bigger question is when my index will reflect my play - I’m playing every other week at most,have only broken 80 once this year, most of my rounds are like yesterday’s 44-40 - i think i have a 47-39 in there and my round in the 70’s was 42-35. It takes me the front 9 to figure out what’s going on. And yet I’m saddled with a 5.3 because I’m not posting enough rounds to knock out the cluster of mid 70’s that I had last Spring/Summer when I was playing 2 or 3 times per week.

And this years league season is still up in the air. :(

• Like 6

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Happy to hear about the ball striking! Sounds like the new irons are working well.... 👍

Thanks! And, yeah, am *liking* them 👍

Hope you can get your back into shape again soon!!

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Absolutely horrendous!  Struggled all day with ball striking, particularly driver, but irons were equally crappy today.  Tempo was non-existent, felt out of sorts all day....Posted an 85, but that was adjusted.  There were at least 2 holes that were worse than the adjusted score, so likely more like an 88.  One OB, one lost ball.  Numerous poorly struck shots.  The list goes on.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug