Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Today I got out for a casual round at James Baird State Park in NY. First time playing there this year. Course was in good shape for being so early in NY, the sand traps are being redone and a few greens were not the best but still playing golf so it was a good day. Shot a 92 today with 3 triple bogeys so not terrible in my book. clean up a few of those and the confidence grows. I hope everyone else had better weather than this morning here though. Tee'd off at 9:00 am and it was 45 degrees. 

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

38 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Trying to come up with a way to describe my play this evening.  I think TERRIBLE is a good summary.  

... Probably better than mine. Apathetic would be a good description. I played the senior tees with sone friends so I moved up 450 yds and had 18 straight pars. Lipped out 3 birds and other than that never really had a solid chance and scrambled for par too many times playing the course so much shorter. Lots of ho hum pars. After 5 birdies Friday from my normal tee's it was a very frustrating day. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Probably better than mine. Apathetic would be a good description. I played the senior tees with sone friends so I moved up 450 yds and had 18 straight pars. Lipped out 3 birds and other than that never really had a solid chance and scrambled for par too many times playing the course so much shorter. Lots of ho hum pars. After 5 birdies Friday from my normal tee's it was a very frustrating day. 

Zach Johnson did that at the RBC Heritage... first time in his career!!  I don't think he was happy either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

52 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Trying to come up with a way to describe my play this evening.  I think TERRIBLE is a good summary.  

Man it happens.  So frustrating right?  But you will rebound. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Such a strange game, the last 2 weeks I shot 43 and 43 on my home course front 9’s. played the same course and shot a 96. It was like I forgot how to hit the ball 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

11 hours ago, chisag said:

I would have taken that in a minute and I think I can top you 🤪

My league is 9 holes and the course is short (2900) with the longest par 5 being 470 and I only hit driver twice.   

2 FW; had to pitch out to playable spot 2 times.   1 GIR; I hit approach iron shots solidly so that was a “bright spot”. The tee shot on the GIR hole went far enough past the tree line that it left me a clear shot to the green.  From inside 50 yards, basically 9 times since I wasn’t hitting greens, I got up and down twice on the par 3s because I could use the putter.  The par 3s were my only pars.  Putting was miserable again with 18 putts with 3 three putts.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Golf is hard yall...but seriously, got out first thing this morning at my local muni and was able to walk a full 18 in under 3 hours (!!!).

Driving was pretty solid (10/18 fairways hit...steadily improving), but my approach / wedge game was suffering.  Putting still my strongest phase of game (only one 3 putt)!

Love the early morning 18 before work - hope to do this weekly over the summer!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, Brian A said:

Such a strange game, the last 2 weeks I shot 43 and 43 on my home course front 9’s. played the same course and shot a 96. It was like I forgot how to hit the ball 

Maybe you got the overflow from my round on Saturday- SORRY🥴

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

12 hours ago, chisag said:

Surprising how moving to different tees change the way a hole is played as well. Shorter != easier, and longer != harder.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

I'm starting to think I should just become a member at my local course, walked 9 holes after work 5 times in the last week and a half 😄. Yesterday a buddy of mine and I walked the back 9. Feast or famine on this one, mainly due to greenside bunkers or water hazards. Last hole especially: Par 5, tee shot out of bounds, took the drop, then turned around and blasted my 3 wood 260 yards, shorted my approach into the sand, took 3 shots to get out of the bunker onto the lip, chip and 2 putted. Tragic end, but it's always nice to be out on the course. 🙂

Round went: Double, Par, Par, Double, Bogey, +3, Par, Par, +5

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I would have taken that in a minute and I think I can top you 🤪

My league is 9 holes and the course is short (2900) with the longest par 5 being 470 and I only hit driver twice.   

2 FW; had to pitch out to playable spot 2 times.   1 GIR; I hit approach iron shots solidly so that was a “bright spot”. The tee shot on the GIR hole went far enough past the tree line that it left me a clear shot to the green.  From inside 50 yards, basically 9 times since I wasn’t hitting greens, I got up and down twice on the par 3s because I could use the putter.  The par 3s were my only pars.  Putting was miserable again with 18 putts with 3 three putts.   

... OK, you win. 😉  Of course it is all about expectations and playing to our "normal level" so I hope I don't come off as a conceited a$$ complaining about 18 straight pars. I would accept 18 straight pars from the Silver tees although a round without a birdie is always a little frustrating when yup play as much as I do. But moving up to the Gold tees I should shoot in the 60's every time. Three of the four par 5's are just long par 4's at 492-444-466 as everyone have a downslope I can reach for the Golds. Same with a couple of the Par 4's that have bunkers I can fly and hit a downslope. It was one of those days were everything just seemed a little off, hence the apathy. Nothing egregious but nothing stellar either. If I have quite a few shots inside 100yds I expect to have some tap ins but it was just lots of 15-20 footers and as I said the few I got slice on the par 5's lipped out. 

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... OK, you win. 😉  Of course it is all about expectations and playing to our "normal level" so I hope I don't come off as a conceited a$$ complaining about 18 straight pars. 

I didn’t want to win, I just need to fix my game 😂.  Nope didn’t come off that way at all as I know you well enough from you posts not to think that.   Just a couple of people complaining about their round of golf…..it’s what we do.   

my expectations were a bit higher as I am a 3 handicap for my league on that course so my score was not what I was expecting.  The short game shots just seemed like a giant step backwards and I have no clue what is going on with my putting.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Surprising how moving to different tees change the way a hole is played as well. Shorter != easier, and longer != harder.

... Something everyone should do just for fun or enlightenment. Over the long run the shorter course will be easier for sure. But when you aren't used to it, trouble that isn't there from the longer tees can be an eye opener. And yesterday I had several downwind wedges where I was too close to the green to spin the ball enough to get near a pin over a bunker, when just 15yds farther back I could spin my 58* and stop it reasonably close. 

4 hours ago, MadHatter said:

I routinely switch tee boxes and shorter isn't ALWAYS easier. I also like to alternate tee boxes during the round (Forward tees on 1, Gold on 2 White on 3 Black on 4 and keep up that rotation for the entire round- and not always in the same order). Can make for really interesting rounds

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I guess "chilly" is somewhat multipurpose description of temps less than 45*. But the sun was out...sort of. Despite tense muscles, still managed to hit 7 fairways out of 7 fairways and 5 out of 9 GIR. Putting and chipping could have been better. Too many worm holes and corn cob pieces???. Yeah! The county mosquito control effort has started. They infuse a certain bacteria that kills mosquitos into small pieces of corn cobs, about the size of kitty litter pellets. Anyway, they contract out with local crop duster pilots to fly over the county and drop these pellets everywhere.  Of course they were flying over the GC today at noon and lots of corn cob pellets on the greens. Amazing how putts bounce off.  Thought I was shoot pool with some of the bank shots made.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Something everyone should do just for fun or enlightenment. Over the long run the shorter course will be easier for sure. But when you aren't used to it, trouble that isn't there from the longer tees can be an eye opener. And yesterday I had several downwind wedges where I was too close to the green to spin the ball enough to get near a pin over a bunker, when just 15yds farther back I could spin my 58* and stop it reasonably close. 

Man, it must just suck being so good my man. 

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

9 holes after work today at Elma Meadows GC, the new regular course same as Monday in the driving rain and freezing precipitation only this 45⁰F day though breezy featured lots and lots of sunshine and warm enough for regular partner Marc to keep me slightly unfocused,  and playing the White tees instead of the Senior tees.  Evidence that for now should play forward was scoring 7 higher than Monday and historically I play better when the weather is worse. Me and Bishop Pickering though I don't have a Carl Spackler to caddy for me 🤨

20230419_170314.jpg.b727439a80a2e0b73194838a77f6729b.jpg

Still it's golf and if Friday doesn't happen as I'm expecting it to, I've got my 18 holes for week 3 of the MGS Forum Member WVC Tour 🏌️‍♂️

Mostly doubles today and no pars. Fabulous day for golf AND birthday dinner out with SWMBO who insisted that I play golf on her birthday. No this is not madeup fiction and yes it's the truth and I would never be so disrespectful to not golf when I should. 🎂 Happy Birthday dear 🥰

Good husband doing as SHMBO is smart 😎

image.png.f93ab2869ec63e722b32286f338f5f8b.png

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 4/14/2023 at 3:39 PM, chisag said:

... Amen. There are just too many good urethane options. Maxfli Tour and Tour S at 4 dozen for $119.99. Practice balls are always a great option and previous year model balls but still new and of course Kirklands. 

And everyone should have a couple preferred balls on their gift list.  Makes it easy for the giver and they can feel good they are giving you something you actually want and will use. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

52 minutes ago, GaryF said:

And everyone should have a couple preferred balls on their gift list.  Makes it easy for the giver and they can feel good they are giving you something you actually want and will use. 

That's always a great idea tired of getting Top Flite 'cause it's a 24-pack' or 'all balls are the same' 🤣

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star