How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

One of our Saturday game golfers emailed me yesterday saying he was walking 9 at Plantation Palms. So I decided to join him. PP is a hilly course for Florida with a lot of walking between holes. U shot a 45 with a penalty on the #7 par 3 which is 150 yards with all carry over water.  3 FIRs & 6 GIRs, that’s 20% fewer FIRs than average and 40% more GIRs than average. Longest drive was 234! 

This was the first time I walked the front nine and I enjoyed the walk.

Walking is great for old men!  Keeps the the ole body oiled and the heart ticking strong.  I walk 54 holes each week and although I do feel a little sore post round, I can feel the benefits.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

Played last night after work with a couple of buddies. I was driving the ball great and I usually am pretty inconsistent off the tee. Typically my short game is pretty good but yesterday it was rough to sugar coat it. Just one of those days. Still pretty happy to shoot an 89. If I can get both the short and long game tightened up a bit I've got a new personal best in my near future!

• Like 9

Driver: :taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 - Stiff

4W: :callaway-small: RZR X - Stiff

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Burner Superlaunch 5 Iron Rescue 

Irons: :callaway-small: RZR X - Uniflex Steel

Wedges: :titelist-small: 54 degree SM4 Vokey, :callaway-small: 60 degree MD3 S grind

Putter: :odyssey-small: 35" Versa #6 Blade

All right handed. 

Ball: :bridgestone-small: B330 Tour RXS

29 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ve got to tell you guys, I love reading this thread and following your games. 
There are some who amaze me with how good they are, and how consistently well they score.

Then there are those who struggle at times to improve, which a lot of us can relate to. I find myself looking forward to their posts the most, because I’m rooting so hard for them to improve, and get to where they want to be in this game. They deserve it because they’re working as hard as the best players here, and are also incredibly supportive to others when they have a bad round..

We are lucky to have a great group of guys in this community, but that’s especially true in my two favorite threads, this one and the “What did you buy?” It’s nice to have a place to commiserate and share a few laughs! 

well said, and a really nice sentiment 

• Like 8

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Golf has bee a struggle lately and I have been really frustrated.   Generally just terrible play mostly with the irons.    Tonight was league night and I was scheduled to play and to be honest I was dreading playing before the round.    Things turned out pretty well  4 FWs (missed one long), 5 greens, 17 putts for a 38.    Had a few bad shots and a few mental lapses but overall it was a big improvement from how I have been playing.   Looking forward to this weekend to see if I can continue the improvement. 

Nice playing, glad to hear it

• Like 3

Driver: TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids:  SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter:  ER7B 

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Golf has bee a struggle lately and I have been really frustrated.   Generally just terrible play mostly with the irons.    

I feel your pain!  Out of nowhere, it creeps in!

• Like 4

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have never walked 9 holes on a course before where my pant legs were soaking wet; and I was in the fairway... mostly!

Sounds like someone couldn't hold their beer to me!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sounds like someone couldn't hold their beer to me!  🤣

Not THAT end of my pants!!  Besides... no beer at 7am!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

@rbsiedsc brought his buddy from work and they both pounded the ball waaaay past me!!  I had a great time!!  Might not have looked like it at times, but that's typical of my play on a course I am not familiar with and also with conditions I am not familiar with.  I have to say that I have never walked 9 holes on a course before where my pant legs were soaking wet; and I was in the fairway... mostly!

Didn't keep score.  Not sure what I shot, but I did have two pars!  I was playing a new driver I bought yesterday, and I really didn't have the confidence I do with my old driver.  I started feeling better with it on the last few holes.  My wife told me that we are playing at 8am tomorrow, so I will see how it performs on familiar turf.

I should say, though, you were mostly in better spots than us all day. And your short game was top notch. 

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: