Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Tuck or Untuck Golf Shirt Playing Golf

I have always been team untuck. I find untucked is more comfortable to me, and I tend to play better when I'm comfortable.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

Tuck in your damn shirt...turn your hat around so that the bill is in the front...turn off your music...clap politely and otherwise remain quiet at a tournament...and get off my lawn.

Actually, do what's comfortable for you.  Some shirts are actually made to be worn untucked.

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite (currently testing New Level 480DB)

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png HB SOFT 2 Putter – Model 8C

I grew up in shirts were tucked in always. Shirt and tie to church. I started to relax those thoughts around age 40 and enjoy leaving shirts untucked these days. Depending on the polo, some feel better tucked in and some days I feel better untucked.

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Untucked all the way. I have been blessed by the Lord of torsos and have an extra long one. Long torso, short legs. The struggle is real people, the struggle is real.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

I can go either way and dont care what others do.   I only do untucked in very hot weather with certain shirts that come untucked from movement.  Most of ny shirts are too long and need to be tucked.  For league play or tourneys i go tucked.  I tend to only do the untucked short shirts when practicing on the range or playing a practice round in the evening.

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I am definitely on the side of Team Tucked. That said, the new shirts cut to be worn untucked don't look terrible. I simply prefer the cleaner lines of a shirt tucked inside the pants with a belt that complements the outfit.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Like @Placasse61, @BMDubya, @Leonvdwesthuizen, @ShortGameSavesLies@Shapotomous & @leftyrockets, I'm a situational tucker. 

Gotta play comfortable.
I feel like I've seen this topic somewhere before . . .

giphy.gif.1b657d94ce9705a52a5499a1d2184600.gif

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I'm normally a shirt tuck in guy but if I'm getting really hot I will untuck.

I lost around 42lbs a couple of years back and since then the shirts tend to fit me better and I don't have the belly overhang that I used to have, much more comfortable with the shirt tucked in.

BTW profile picture is me tucked in at 220lbs now around 180lbs.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I’m all for being tucked or untucked, depending on the outfit, the person wearing the drip, and the weather. But let’s get the conversation started about having a more relaxed dress code on the golf courses. I understand tradition and all, but there is a lot more variety and T-shirts. I’m not talking like work shirts with holes in them and stuff still have some kind of rules, but it also kind of sucks being limited to wearing only polos when my favorite brands make nice T-shirts that could be conversation starters on the golf course but because of the rules were limited to buying expensive pieces of clothing with more or less the same repetitive prints

Hugs and kisses,

T

Untucked all the time unless I’m wearing a suit. I always tucked for the longest out of tradition and necessity, shirts were too long once upon a time. Today’s performance shirts are just the right length for the untucked look. It’s the business casual of the golf course.

Husband, father of two girls, architect, furniture maker, wannabe golfer

Untucked all the time unless I’m wearing a suit. I always tucked for the longest out of tradition and necessity, shirts were too long once upon a time. Today’s performance shirts are just the right length for the untucked look. It’s the business casual of the golf course. 

Husband, father of two girls, architect, furniture maker, wannabe golfer

I play at a private club which does not enforce a shirts tucked in policy and while young flat bellies might look okay with shirts out the older guys with big bellies look like they are wearing nightshirts which just looks stupid.  Golf wherever it is played has a decorum to it like no other sport beginning with leaving the course in the same condition that you found it such as raking bunkers and fixing ball marks. With that being said I guess that we have to recognize that there is a large percentage of golfers who don't play very often and look at it more as a social event as opposed to a sporting event.  I just wonder how much of this whole untucked shirts and more has come from the growing popularity of Top Golf and Drive Shack which is much different than playing on a golf course. 

Ping G430 Driver and 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 16.5 degree 3 wood

Ping G430 4 & 5 hybrids

Ping G425 irons

Vokey SM 9 54 and 58 wedges

Ping Ketsch putter

For me it depends on the course and the reason for the round.   I’d say 75% of the time, I’m tucked.   But if I’m hitting course for a late round for fun with a buddy, I’m untucked.   But as I’m writing this, I also realized that if it’s a round where I’m keeping score, then it’s tucked,  likewise, if I’m not keeping score, it’s untucked.  

Rather be in a hole than up on a pole.

I’m in between.  I like some of the modern wear like the hoodies (I wear them in fall) but for the polo I like them tucked. However, I think most of it depends on the fit. I’ve seen some golfers look sloppy with a tucked and some look neat with untucked. Regardless I’m not offended at either choice. 

Okay, I guess I am a traditional golf guy.  I believe in Tucked.  I also believe in taking your cap off when eating or drinking in the clubhouse as well.  

I realize tucking is tough with kids.  But teaching them that golf has traditions was never a problem when my son was 6 or 7.  He was totally okay with it.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

I tuck my shirt 100% of the time.  

I have a pear-shaped build even when I am in good shape so wearing untucked shirts make me look like a fat slob.  It's just something I can't pull off.

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke Max-D 9 degree

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Casual play, I like going untucked.  But as @chisag stated, sometimes the shirts have too long of a tail and look terrible untucked.  
When I play in tourney's, I always were shirts tucked! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Untucked!

I have a larger hip-waist ratio, and longer torso, so it's always a struggle keeping my shirt tucked.

For me untucked is more comfortable and airy. I think it looks great if it's fitted well.

Driver - Titleist 913 D2 (9.5) | 3-Wood - Titleist 915 D2 (15) | 3-Hybrid - Maltby KE4 Tour TC (19)

4I-PW - Snake -Eyes 685X Forged (24-47)

GW - Maltby TSW (50) | SW, LW - Cleveland RTX 4 (56, 60)

Putter - Mizuno M Craft Type IV

I’m a big guy, so I’m playing with it untucked 99% of the time. As others have mentioned, if I wear it tucked, it turns into more of a fight to constantly tuck it back in. My issue has been finding the sweet spot for shirts that are short enough to not look sloppy and long enough to stay down below the belt while I’m swinging a club. I’ve landed on Callaway for now and have a few different prints and colors. 

TM SLDR D, 3W, H 

PXG XP 4-G

Vokey 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

Team untuck. Mainly due to gut size. I've had to tuck in when playing with the inlaws at the CCNC, but otherwise it's untucked. Once I lose some weight, I may enjoy tucking in.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Tucked.  I know young people are too cool to tuck, I am a middle age man with old guy standards.  Our league starts at 5:30 and I know a lot of people come from work with no time to change, so I understand and accept any apparel, but for me it is always a golf shirt tucked.  

:taylormade-small: M1 Driver 9.5 Degrees

:taylormade-small: M3 Three Wood 

:taylormade-small: Burner Hybrid 19 degrees

:titleist-small: T300 Irons 4-AW 48

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 56 degree sandwedge

I’m a Tucker. Been a member at a private club for 18 years and they have a dress code. Now at my other club the dress code is not strict. But I still tuck.  I also prefer that extra layer of material between my skin and the shorts.

Many shorts have those rubber grippers on the waist band to hold your shirt in place. I don’t think I would like them directly on my skin. I haven’t tried but I’m a dedicated tucker. Besides how are you going to show off those awesome matching golf belts if you don’t tuck.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Untuck it! Freedom over fashion any day!

20 Handicap

Play weekly

Callaway Rogue ST max driver

Launchpad 3 5-PW

Taylormade Burner 3 hybrid

Kirkland signature 52,56,60 degree wedges

SeeMore classic putter

I always start the round tucked, but at some point, my game starts to fall apart and in my frustration, the shirt becomes untucked. This could be a skulled chip on 14 or shanked tee shot on 2, there's no knowing when it will occur. The only thing that's certain is that if my shirt is hanging freely, everything has gone south.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha

Woods: Allied Golf Extreme

Irons: Allied Golf Extreme 3i - PW

Wedges: SW Dunlop Classic 56:8

Putter: Ping By Karsten

Untucked is much cooler when it is hot. I prefer untucked, but I am more in the camp of "either way". I do think it looks a little more "formal", if you will, when tucked.

:ping-small: G400 Max driver,  Alta CB shaft R

:callaway-small: heavenwood

:cobra-small: Hybrids - 3 and 4 set to different settings depending on course. Sometimes a Taylormade 4

Maltby STi2 irons 5-GW, Fujikura Shaft

:vokey-small: 54, 58

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 3 putter

I generally tuck my golf polo, especially when course rules dictate. I prefer t-shirts untucked off course, but growing up in a CC environment, I still tuck on the course. 

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”