Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Rooting for Tiger at the Masters?

SierraStar

Are you rooting for Tiger at the Masters? Rooting against him? What is your rationale?

Here are my thoughts:

I'm disappointed with the whole situation, but I could give a damn about Tiger's personal life. I feel bad for his kids, but I am going to feel worse for our generation if he fails to crush Jack's majors record. He is the greatest golfer of our generation, probably of all time, and if he doesn't get it done because he wanted to get his freak on with too many skanks after hours, I am going to be pissed! Remember, Kobe was in the dog house after he had issues in Colorado, but after laying low and focusing on his game, he is again the most popular player in the NBA.

Go on, Tiger. Be a a Kobe.

Out.

I said this in another thread, but I just want the best golfer to win that week. If that happens to be Tiger then I can live with that.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Are you rooting for Tiger at the Masters? Rooting against him? What is your rationale?

Here are my thoughts:

I'm disappointed with the whole situation, but I could give a damn about Tiger's personal life. I feel bad for his kids, but I am going to feel worse for our generation if he fails to crush Jack's majors record. He is the greatest golfer of our generation, probably of all time, and if he doesn't get it done because he wanted to get his freak on with too many skanks after hours, I am going to be pissed! Remember, Kobe was in the dog house after he had issues in Colorado, but after laying low and focusing on his game, he is again the most popular player in the NBA.

Go on, Tiger. Be a a Kobe.

Out.

You're new here, aren't you? ;)

:D

I just want to see some really good golf. I don't care who wins. I didn't bet this year.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I am rooting for him to be in the hunt, just for the shot in the arm it would give golf, but go Dustin!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I was never really a fan of Tiger before so I'm not starting now. With that being said, I do however feel lucky to live at a time when we can watch who may very well end up being the greatest PLAYER, not the best ever, just the best PLAYER ever. At my age (48) I watched the best player and person to date, Jack, but don't remember watching Hogan....Sneed etc. Great to be alive and watch him do what he has done even if he is not a perfect person.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I am rooting for him to be in the hunt, just for the shot in the arm it would give golf, but go Dustin!!!

I'll be rooting for Dustin as well. If he can get his putter going he has a chance to do really well at Augusta. Kristy McPherson played the course a couple of weeks ago and had three birdies and a triple bogey at 16. I don't know what tees she played from.

Semper Fi

My Club

I was never really a fan of Tiger before so I'm not starting now. With that being said, I do however feel lucky to live at a time when we can watch who may very well end up being the greatest PLAYER, not the best ever, just the best PLAYER ever. At my age (48) I watched the best player and person to date, Jack, but don't remember watching Hogan....Sneed etc. Great to be alive and watch him do what he has done even if he is not a perfect person.

I never saw Hogan in person but I saw Jack and Sam many times. I've pretty much seen everybody who was active in the 60s and after.

Golfers have never done it for me and it's probably because golf was a sport for geeks when I was in high school. Athletes played baseball, football, basketball and soccer. Maybe that's why the memories I have of seeing Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Jim Brown et al seem much more important to me.

Semper Fi

My Club

I never saw Hogan in person but I saw Jack and Sam many times. I've pretty much seen everybody who was active in the 60s and after.

Golfers have never done it for me and it's probably because golf was a sport for geeks when I was in high school. Athletes played baseball, football, basketball and soccer. Maybe that's why the memories I have of seeing Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Jim Brown et al seem much more important to me.

I was watching these, very young, but how about those 70's Steelers!!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I guess I'll be routing for the guy I've been routing for since 1997. TW. I was never into golf when the likes of the BIG THREE , I didn't get into golf until the Greg Norman era.... Then I like Freddy Couples then along came Tiger Woods and I never seen such clutch performances in any sport. I played Football & Ice Hockey, that may be why now I have an artificial Knee at age 45. I played all those manly sports or so I thought. GOLF is the best sport I ever played and it's the only one I can play until the day I die! SO KICK A$$ TIGER! Show them who's the BEST golfer ever! If Tiger doesn't win I'm pulling for Freddy!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Another Tiger tidbit from Stephanie Wei:

Two weeks ago Ben Curtis decided to practice at Isleworth and wound up playing a round with Tiger Woods. While the 2003 British Open champion acknowledged he's not close with Tiger, he admitted it was “a little bit different.” In other words, it was awkward. (Which is also the first word that comes to mind when watching Curtis talk about the encounter in Friday's press conference at Bay Hill.)

From the AP report:

“I could see where some of the guys that might have known him pretty well – like Mark O'Meara – it might be a little bit different for them now than it was before. But I don't know. That's hard to say. I try to just treat it as we are just going out there and playing golf and just having some fun.”

Curtis said Woods appeared to be nervous, perhaps because it might have been his first time playing with a PGA Tour colleague. They were joined by Steve Johnson, the swing coach for Curtis and a disciple of Hank Haney, and a friend of Woods that Curtis did not recognize.

Now who was this mysterious friend? Apparently Curtis didn't get his name over the course of 18 holes of golf. He added neither kept score and they kept their chatter strictly golf-related. (No way!) But more important, how did Tiger play?

Curtis said with a smile, “He was a bit rusty.”

While he appears to have been joking, it's different than the testaments from Tour luminaries Arjun Atwal and John Cook who both gushed over the state of Tiger's game earlier in the week. Atwal and Cook played multiple rounds with Tiger at Isleworth last week and they prognosticate a win at The Masters for Tiger, who hasn't competed since November. Well, I guess a week of practice could have made all the difference.

But keep in mind the words “nervous” and “rusty” before you place your bets on Tiger to win The Masters. Or maybe he just forgot to meditate that day.

Interesting.....

Alex Miceli writes at Golfweek.com:

In an agreement drafted by Augusta National, the club said it will provide a feed of the April 5 press conference free of charge, but limits its use after the live broadcast to 48 hours after the press conference. During those 48 hours the press conference cannot be rebroadcast in its entirety, the use is limited to regularly scheduled sports or news programs and cannot be in excess of three minutes.

After the 48 hours the video cannot be rebroadcast at all without the written permission of Augusta National.

In the agreement, the club never mentions Tiger Woods by name, but instead references the Press Conference of April 5.

I would be happy to see Phil or Ernie win for Callaway. Freddie would be my next choice along with Kenny Perry. If those four don't get it done, I would be ok with Tiger winning by 10 strokes. That would be good for the tour and good for golf.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Archived