Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

"Most Wanted Blade Putter" Testing Begins!

GolfSpy_X

I reached out to as many companies as I knew of, large and small. I'm keeping it under wraps for now, but some of the names on that list of yours are in the competition. B)

Looking forward to it!! I'm not a great putter but its by far my favorite club...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Ya won't find these four blades at your local putt-putt course, lol.

The black heel shafted is the Scotty Napa 2006 LE, the silver heel shafted is the 8802 that I bought myself for my BD in 1976 and the third blade is the Ray Cook Blue Goose III, which is circle 1992 and is hand machined, though you can't see it, the burnish marks on the neck are pretty cool. Also, I love the Odyssey Tour Designs Black Series #8. It's beautiful & the milling is incredible, as is the feel.

I had the Napa or #8 in my bag for most of 2011 and through May of '12, when I switched to my Scotty Newport Circle T. I also bagged the BG III in '11 for about a month in the fall and through my tournaments. I only really use the 8802 twice a year in two "vintage" clubs events, and I'll be shipping it to MGS Danno shortly.

That Napa & #8 really aren't that difficult of a putter to use if you have a good, consistent stroke grooved, and truly, I don't own a putter, and I've gotta few, that feels like that blade. Incredible!!! When I get in that groove, which usually hits in June, the feel & distance control that I get with the Napa or Odyssey #8 are unsurpassed by anything that I have.

Ok, I understand and can accept that these are considered primitive and I'm a dinasour, however I do go back to the Napa or #8 when my stroke is grooved cuz like I said, a well stroked putt off of it's face feels better than a nutted 7i with my 68s. And even a "poorly" struck putt, puts me in the ballpark of a makable second putt.

Remember, when ya get to a certain level of competency, it's the Indian, not the arrow, and the Indian should be able to comfortably, effectively & consistently kill with any arrow B)

Be merciful, please :P

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I'll offer you $50 for those worthless POS. That is $10 more than what you bought the Augusta "putt-putt" for.

Archived