Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy Barbajo

The OFFICIAL World Golf Championship - Bridgestone National Discussion Thread

Our Sponsors

BRIDGESTONE TIGER 847X467.jpg

The Bridgestone National is underway!

Rickie Fowler is out to an early lead, but this event always has some twists and turns along the way and is played at one of the best venues in the country, the Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio.

We invite you to join in the discussion, have some fun and maybe, just maybe, win a valuable prize package from the MyGolfSpy Prize Vault...

IMG_9646.JPG

He who posts the most interesting, funny, thought providing and insightful posts will take him a Save Par flat brimmed cap, a Premio grip, an End3Putt training aid and a package of Martini tees.

Let the talk begin!!!

And I'll start -- last week's Golden Boy, Troy Merritt, maybe can't handle the limelight.  He fired a 12 over par 82!!!!  My guess is he misses the cut....

• Like 1

Erm what cut?

Where did GMAC find his form from?

How bad does mickleson look early on?

I hear tigers opening a restaurant?

Glad I started Fowler and Rose on my fantasy roster!

I'm watching the replay now. Phil looks like me hitting my driver after I lose it around the 13th or 14th hole. Good God man...

I started Simpson, Walker, Fowler & Bradley.......bit today I switched out Walker for Rose....

• Like 1

Glad I dropped Louis! It hasn't really got me excited yet, perhaps it's because I'm really looking forward to next week!

• Like 1

I know what you mean westy......but it's the only game in town

Unless your a Brit! England vs Australia at cricket (the ashes - mizuno lover won't be enjoying it) and the football season starts tomorrow (you know the football played with feet!)

I'll still be glued to the golf later - got a paella cooking and a bottle of wine chilling.....now to get the 4 year old to bed!

My boys did not fair well today Simpson was Even & Rose was +1....Hoping Fowler and Bradley can fire it up.

Well I know I'm late but I think it's going to be Adam Scott with a come from behind win.  I think Jim will choke coming down the stretch which will make me sad but he has a bit of a habit of doing that.  I watched a replay of the 2nd round and Bubba and DJ and Rickie and Jason Day were the featured groups.  I couldn't believe how tough the course was playing.  Sir Nick was saying it's because everyone is just bombing and gouging.  Bomb a drive, don't care where it finishes and gouge a wedge.  It certainly seemed that way at times. 

I don't know what's wrong with these guys at the moment I regularly shoot low sixties at Firestone even under tournament pressure with fast greens (on my xbox) :lol:

Erm don't think Scott is going anywhere, but hey there's still some Aussies in the mix. And hey Mizzie, at least you win the rugby!

• Like 1

Rose is Smokin'!

Back on top for now on summer session. Need Reed to pick it up a bit and finish strong.