Local Boy from Minnesota Playing in Augusta Today

SPY ZINGER

A cool story close to home. A local boy from Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, playing in the Drive, Chip, & Putt, at Augusta National today. He and my daughter share the same PGA Pro at Golf Galaxy.

For $25, they offer junior lessons right inside the store. They are really welcoming for juniors. If you're considering lessons for yourself or the kids, give them a look!

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/sam-udovich-drive-chip-putt-profile/

Posted Image

Very cool story! I grew up learning the game at the First Tee in Augusta. I participated in the Drive, Chip, and Putt there a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at that point. Still an extremely fun experience. I bet the kids now absolutely love competing at the National.

Driver: Taylormade R1, Aldila Trinity (Stiff)
3-wood: Taylormade Aeroburner, Matrix Speed RUL-Z (Stiff)

3-hybrid: Bridgestone J40, Project X (6.0)
4-PW: Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons, KBS Tour (Stiff)
Gap Wedge: 52 degree Cobra Tour Trusty

Sand Wedge: 56 degree Callaway Forged

Lob Wedge:  60 degree Miura Forged
Putter: Nike Method Core Blade, AKA SILKY SMOOTH!

Very cool story! I grew up learning the game at the First Tee in Augusta. I participated in the Drive, Chip, and Putt there a couple of times, but I wasn't very good at that point. Still an extremely fun experience. I bet the kids now absolutely love competing at the National.

Very cool! I bet they'll appreciate it more once they get older too. Fun to watch, that's for sure.
Posted Image

I played a course near Seattle a couple of years ago, and we had to share the putting green before our round with kids doing a local Drive, Chip, and Putt.  I loved watching them!  Such competition and emotion for some, and a total lack of emotion for others.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived