Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

10 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I have different thoughts on what is “perfect” putt from what PuttOut says.  I like to see the ball die in the hole, but it is still a good tool for practicing putting.  

You may be aware you don't have to use it with the micro target open .. can close it and just roll putts into the white base "cup".

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H .. Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

You may be aware you don't have to use it with the micro target open .. can close it and just roll putts into the white base "cup".

Yes, I just leave it open but am not too concerned about getting it to stick in there…mainly focused on the base cup like you mention.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Day 118 (14 May 24) - Walked the front nine at the local course today (was overcast, drizzly at times - so the course was wide open).  Played the DCI 962 irons (5-PW) and DCI 981 SW.  Still love the look over these irons - minimal offset, nice top line (not too thick).  As they are lofted 1 club weaker, I was hitting the 6 where I would normally a 7, 9 where it would be a PW, etc.  A fun time to work on ball striking as I focused on the irons more than the long clubs.  Have to say the 962's (even though they are late 90's tech) are sweet hitting irons...some of the best "cast" irons I've ever played.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Spent some time putting in the bonus room while my oldest daughter jammed out to Taylor Swift…not ideal conditions or my type of music.  So the goal was extreme focus tonight!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

It’s ok. Connect with your innner swiftie and shake it off! 😊

I was more thinking the problem with my putting…”it’s me, I’m the problem, it’s me…”

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I’ve been playing golf for about a year now and have taken a couple lessons. Lately I’ve been using my back yard set up (hitting net and swing caddie sc4) to practice fundamentals, build good muscle memory, improve ball striking, and drive consistency. I’ve really noticed this come through in my last 4-5 rounds. A surprising outcome of improved fundamentals is that gloves are lasting several hundred shots rather than wearing out in a single round. 

Callaway apex 21 dcb irons

Paradym driver & 6 hybrid / stealth2 4 hybrid

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 putter 

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I am not wishing anyone bad Karma, I know this game can be difficult and make for a Cruel Summer. So if you have a bad round, don’t let it create a Blank Space. This game Hits Different and we know it All Too Well 

🤣

You have far exceeded my knowledge on her songs…you win!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Worked on my weekly Chipping and Putting process.  One thing that has help me, is that I stop using the range balls for practicing the chips/putts. I use what I normally play with (MaxFli Tour X or TM Tour Response) this keeps the consistency of how the chips and putts react in the practice green and when I take to the course there is no difference in the feel or reaction.

60 degrees Wedge -  6 shots only, evaluate and reset  - 3 x Times.
56 degrees Wedge -  6 shots only, evaluate and reset  - 3 x Times.
practice.jpg.43e443da8a9eb62dbfbd8d80b0549014.jpg

Putting:  3 putts  each from North, South, East and West. 
               3ft,  5ft , 8ft. 
This is MY standard length I practice with. You will more likely have this kind of length to make a putt either for birdie to to save par ( or bogey).
Anything longer than that, you have not fine tune your wedge game. 🤣

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing 2024)
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTING: Terra Forza Shaft  - 

7 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Putting:  3 putts  each from North, South, East and West. 
               3ft,  5ft , 8ft. 
This is MY standard length I practice with.

Agree with you on that, but fwiw, I need to also spend time on longer lags .. eg 20 and 30 feet .. to get those feels for distance control, as that may be a lot of my first putts that I'll want to get close...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H .. Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Day 119 (15 May 24) - Worked with the SW in the backyard, short pitches from 10yds up to 30yds.   Focused on ball placement in stance - ball back, ball forward, ball center.  Afterwards moved to inside the shop to work on putting pace on the rug - putting one way gives about an 8' putt, going the other a 6' before bumping onto the adjacent rug.  Focused there on the line - picking a target point about 18"-24" out and making sure the ball rolls through that point. 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Posted (edited)

Seems like I’m extra active on the forum today. I feel like I’m starting to get some confidence this season.

Right now I am working on my takeaway. I, like many people, have been trying to take out my over the top swing tendencies. My take away has always been flat and my turn gets too outside. At the top I end up casting in order to get the clubhead back where I need it. Original miss from the start is a weak fade to slice which I managed to play okay with. After working on it more this year I am getting a more consistent straight pull as my miss, which means I am squaring up at impact much better.

I’m working on a few changes to get my takeaway and backswing closer to where I want it.

1. Grip change: Stronger grip for a better wrist hinge helping to sync things.

2. Tilt at address: a slight hip press forward with my left hip, leading into slightly more spine tilt. Both the grip change and the tilt at address have helped with…

3. Better turn: It definitely feels like working on this I am swinging the club more upright versus getting flat and the club head behind me.

All of this is allowing me to sync up at the top where I can start my turn without throwing my shoulder in the way that’s creating the OTT move.

I feel like I am soo close to really making a breakthrough. My dispersion’s getting better and my club and ball speed are ticking up on my full swings.

That said I always have to keep working on my short game, but hopefully I’ll get to a place where I can not worry on the full swing as much, and really focus in on everything 100 yards in.

Edited by johngschulz

WITB:
Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 11*
4 wood: Titleist 975f 16.5*
7 wood: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III
Irons: 5-PW Maltby DBM Forged, Nippon Pro Modus 120s
Wedges: 50* PING S159 S-12 | 54* PING S159 S-12 | 58*: PING S159 T-6
Putter: PING Sigma G Kinloch C

Forum Tests and Reviews:

Got my first new clubs after 25+ years.  Fortunate to have enough room on my property to hit over a pond that takes 80 to clear, out to about 175.  I've been practicing a lot with those wedges and short irons, which is showing results in my arccos stats.  Driving and short game is a different story...

Practiced putting indoors today. Used two golf balls as a gate for the putter head to swing through and stroked short putts focusing on not hitting the gate (face control) and keeping the backswing and through swing the same length. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip or OG 2-Ball with Super Stroke grip

Other: Vice Pro, Maxfli Tour or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Have really been working on AOA with driver & 3w in correlation to Tee height. Being my swing speed is not that high (average 88mph) and I don't create a ton of spin (don't understand how/why) I figure a more positive AOA wont hurt carry distance to help ensure I clear somethings on the course... 

The ball is basically even with my front foot(flared out at a 45* angle) and I get the most consistent flight this way. I will say I have always struggled with leaving the face open so believe this also helps me have a bit more time to square the face up.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

4 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

Have really been working on AOA with driver & 3w in correlation to Tee height. Being my swing speed is not that high (average 88mph) and I don't create a ton of spin (don't understand how/why) I figure a more positive AOA wont hurt carry distance to help ensure I clear somethings on the course... 

The ball is basically even with my front foot(flared out at a 45* angle) and I get the most consistent flight this way. I will say I have always struggled with leaving the face open so believe this also helps me have a bit more time to square the face up.

AoA is a constant struggle for me. In my driver fitting last year I was a little down to barely level. Working on getting even just a slightly positive AoA added a lot more distance for sure, so I 100% get where you're working as someone who tops out around 97-98mph.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Just spent my lunch break around the chipping green trying out a few things.

I had about 20 balls at my disposal, so I picked two targets (marked with tees) that I thought would give me the best chance of hitting their respective hole, set up two groups of ten shots, and got to picking. Hit those 3 times through and called it. Had a few scare the holes, but nothing dropped. Distances were about 10 and 15 yards from my markers. 

Really starting to feel a better groove around the green. Granted, my strength has always been my short game, but I'm finding I can pick out targets a lot better, and actually execute in hitting them more often. Still can't quite get the spin that I want (no nippers), but I know that will come in time. For now, at least, I can pick the ball well, flop it high, or roll it out. Those three things are probably the most confident part of my game.

Fore right!!!

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Today I worked on shaping shots to have a better feel for working a shot and 10-80 yard short game shot.     Practice facility was amazing and hoping they the the PuttView system finished so I can try it tomorrow.  

image.png.152486189ef297cff6c438382424831c.png

Is that the new facility?

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, JAYER38 said:

Ahh the dreaded AOA.... I have finally gotten mine to zero or just positive with driver. Been a long process but has made a world of difference.  

Good luck and keep practicing. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Today I worked on shaping shots to have a better feel for working a shot and 10-80 yard short game shot.     Practice facility was amazing and hoping they the the PuttView system finished so I can try it tomorrow.  

Looks amazing!!!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Is that the new facility?

Yep.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yep.  

Looks awesome!  I sure wish I could have made this trip. Wife already gave the go ahead for the next one. 

21 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Looks awesome!  I sure wish I could have made this trip. Wife already gave the go ahead for the next one. 

It is coming together.  Still more work to be done but most wanted testing shifted there on Monday.    

I wish everyone could have made the trip;  it is great meeting the people that you chat with on here.   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

It is coming together.  Still more work to be done but most wanted testing shifted there on Monday.    

I wish everyone could have made the trip;  it is great meeting the people that you chat with on here.   

Looks great!

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Oh man how do we get the invite to check this out?!

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

46 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

Oh man how do we get the invite to check this out?!

They have an open door policy and have invited people to just come by.  9-5 is their general hours.  You could also reach out to one of the team members and setup a time.  Their socials are listed on the main site or you could go to one of the most wanted articles and use the contact form for the author to email.  

It is still under construction and final details being worked through.   Lots of stuff still laying around and unorganized and I don’t think everything has been brought over from the storage units and old facility.   Puttview is supposed to be done today….personally I’d wait until that was done before I made a visit.    

Did some light iron work before hitting the driver hard (literally and figuratively). I posted personal bests in swing speed and ball speed yesterday with the driver (111 and 161.9 respectively). And they were fairly straight, for me at least, with my fade finally coming back. Overall a good day.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter