What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Practiced chips out of the rough in my yard today. Also tried chipping crosshanded a la Matt Fitzpatrick. Don't think I'd use that technique on course, but it makes for a really interesting drill.

Nine-hole league tonight!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Today was the first day in a week the weather was nice, so I headed out to the range to hit some balls. 

I only picked up a small bucket and spent time making sure I was going through my routine and hitting balls at a target. I did start off with a couple of shanks with the wedges, but once I relaxed things with a lot smoother.

Irons were fairly crisp, the more I play the Forged Tec X the more I get confident with them. I did notice a few more strokes out of the toe, but I'll take that over the shanks.

Hybrids are so good, I love the way they feel and am confident I'm going to strike them well.

My 5 wood was good again today, but I did have some issues with the 3 wood off the turf.

Driver is so good, the Aerojet Max just performs. 

My main reason for heading out was to spend some time with the putter and the new grip, so I spent a fair amount of time hitting the distance of lag putts I would see on the course. I wimped out on a couple in the beginning, but finally found my rhythm and was knocking them close. I didn't sink anything over 20 feet, but had one lip out at 26 and was getting a lot more into make range. 

After an abysmal performance the last time I played, I'm starting to regain my confidence. 

I had a lesson today, the first lesson I've ever had. Lately, I have been struggling with my long irons and driver missing them to the right and not getting the apex height I am looking for. I like hitting a cut, but they are borderline slicing them right now. I warmed up for the lesson by hitting a small bucket of balls, mainly my wedges and short irons. I hit a couple of long irons, one with my hybrid, and one with my driver. After I was loose, I went to the lesson and worked on my longer clubs. 

We started with my 5 iron and worked on coming more over the top in my swing. At the start of the lesson, my swing was 2-5 degrees in-to-out. Since I want to hit a cut, he explained that I want to have a slight out-to-in swing with a slightly open clubface. We worked on my path and I started hitting some nice shots. By the end of working on the irons, I was consistently around 2 degrees out-to-in and hitting a nice falling fade. 

My driver was next, and lo and behold, I had the exact opposite problem with my driver. I was way too much out-to-in with an open clubface and that was causing me to swipe across the ball and create the big fade. He had me weaken my grip to relieve some tension in my forearms and set up a drill that forced me to hit under in alignment stick to shallow the club and come more in-to-out. By the end of the lesson, I was hitting my driver a pretty consistent 3 degrees out-to-in with a clubface that was open 1-2 degrees. This was causing a nice 10-yard fade, which is exactly what I am looking for. 

I practiced it for about an hour total, but then it was too hot to practice outside. I am looking forward to taking some of these drills and working on them over the next couple of weeks. I am close to getting my game where it needs to be and this is a great step in the right direction. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Seven S

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

5 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

I had a lesson today, the first lesson I've ever had. Lately, I have been struggling with my long irons and driver missing them to the right and not getting the apex height I am looking for. I like hitting a cut, but they are borderline slicing them right now. I warmed up for the lesson by hitting a small bucket of balls, mainly my wedges and short irons. I hit a couple of long irons, one with my hybrid, and one with my driver. After I was loose, I went to the lesson and worked on my longer clubs. 

We started with my 5 iron and worked on coming more over the top in my swing. At the start of the lesson, my swing was 2-5 degrees in-to-out. Since I want to hit a cut, he explained that I want to have a slight out-to-in swing with a slightly open clubface. We worked on my path and I started hitting some nice shots. By the end of working on the irons, I was consistently around 2 degrees out-to-in and hitting a nice falling fade. 

My driver was next, and lo and behold, I had the exact opposite problem with my driver. I was way too much out-to-in with an open clubface and that was causing me to swipe across the ball and create the big fade. He had me weaken my grip to relieve some tension in my forearms and set up a drill that forced me to hit under in alignment stick to shallow the club and come more in-to-out. By the end of the lesson, I was hitting my driver a pretty consistent 3 degrees out-to-in with a clubface that was open 1-2 degrees. This was causing a nice 10-yard fade, which is exactly what I am looking for. 

I practiced it for about an hour total, but then it was too hot to practice outside. I am looking forward to taking some of these drills and working on them over the next couple of weeks. I am close to getting my game where it needs to be and this is a great step in the right direction. 

first lesson you have ever had and you are sporting a 3 handicap, good for you.... you must have great eye/hand feel. keep us updated on how your lesson seques to the golf course... 

committed to performance excellence

Swing has been feeling amazing, but hasn’t been consistent on the course yet. So today on the range I worked on course situational shots. Working on starting my short and mid irons towards the flags without crossing the flag, instead of starting close and then moving away from target. I think this will really translate to better on course performance and hitting more greens and getting closer to the pin. Then I hitting my nemesis, the putting green. I’m trying to work on my speed, so I tried a game where I have to two putt 8X in a row from 20+ feet then make a 5 foot breaking putt, if I miss or 3 putt I have to start over. I got to 7 and 8 a few times but I really struggled with speed control. I did this for an hour, but the heat and humidity really got to me. I’m really lost on putting, but it will get better. 

:srixon-small:ZX 5 LS MKII 9.5* Accra TZFIVE 60 M5 Masters Edition 

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:srixon-small: ZX MKII Utility 2 18* Accra TZ FIVE 105D M5

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Pro 225 4 Fujikura Axiom 105X

:srixon-small: ZX7 5-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50.10/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:odyssey-small: AI-ONE Cruiser Jailbird 38”

:bridgestone-small: TOUR BX

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Since the Cobra 50th challenge is starting up soon and has pretty much been raining since my woods wedges and putter arrived. I headed over to the range to dial them in. I took a bottle of water and an old golf towel to clean off the range balls. Yes, they are that dirty.

Worked from the wedges up to the driver and back down to the wedges. I’m getting used to them pretty quickly. Biggest surprise was the 7 wood. It performs so much better than my older Cobra 7 wood. Longer and higher. The 60 degree lob wedge is a spin demon. I found ball slivers in the grooves after each hit. No clue what the ball did when it landed. The range is so soft everything plugged. This should be interesting out on the course and fun to see what it does on the greens. Hopefully Sunday morning I’ll be out playing. 
After the range I went to the putting green. Boy did I have trouble. After the lightning fast greens at Pinehurst to the slow greens at my course. It took a bit to hit it hard enough to get to the hole.

Reads and direction were good. I was just short by three to five feet on some 15 foot putts. I eventually got the speed dialed in. 

Felt good to get out and hit the clubs.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

first lesson you have ever had and you are sporting a 3 handicap, good for you.... you must have great eye/hand feel. keep us updated on how your lesson seques to the golf course... 

I am pretty much self taught with the help of YouTube coaching! So many good tips and drills to work on your game. I'm hoping that with the help of a pro, I can get to scratch! 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Seven S

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

1 minute ago, CSiders12 said:

I am pretty much self taught with the help of YouTube coaching! So many good tips and drills to work on your game. I'm hoping that with the help of a pro, I can get to scratch! 

you are well on your way, good luck...

committed to performance excellence

I've spent the last two weeks practicing the outer ends of the bag. I'm completely comfortable with mid and short irons, but the long game and partial wedges are the areas where consistency is an issue. Since I usually only take a handful of clubs with me, I've been heading to the range with 2 wedges, the 5-iron, 19 degree hybrid, and 3 wood.

I'm in a comfortable space where I feel like I know my swing. It is what it is, so to speak, quirks and all. The main things I've noticed that can throw my swing out of sync are that I need to feel like my weight is on my heels at setup, I need to feel an obnoxiously long pause at the top of the backswing, and I need to start the swing within about 2-3 seconds of getting setup. Feeling the weight in my heels helps to keep me balanced throughout the swing. Feeling like there is a Hideki like pause at the top syncs me up better and helps me to avoid getting too quick, which is especially my issue with longer clubs where my brain wants to tell me to consciously swing harder. The short time at setup just allows me to move and not get kind of frozen over the ball. So basically some constant movement of the feet and hands, settle in and minimal pause when grounding the club.

Today was the first time in awhile my course has let us hit off grass at the range, so I was pretty excited about that. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

Practiced speed control for short putts indoors on my PuttOUT matt, some cross-handed chipping (feels really awkward but low point control seems solid) then Super Speed practice. 

My putting speed control still needs a lot of work; I'll have to try the Rose Zhang putter ladder drill.

Edited by BobBC78

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Too humid to play, so worked for about an hour on some things I do when sensing weight transfer and shaft pressure are not holding up their end of the bargain by becoming distant cousins.    With ball below feet, and working  shots from that lie, hitting into a fuller finish usually finds those two rascals returning back to brother and sister status. 

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

Went to the range with my PW and 6h to try to get myself straightened out.  Failed miserably.  Booked myself a lesson for Thursday.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

49 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Went to the range with my PW and 6h to try to get myself straightened out.  Failed miserably.  Booked myself a lesson for Thursday.

Sometimes you just gotta get professional help, I’m sure you’ll be happy you did.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

23 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Sometimes you just gotta get professional help, I’m sure you’ll be happy you did.

Took two lessons last year, one of which was for this exact issue.  Got me on track quickly and hoping for more of the same.  Just difficult to pull the trigger because taking a lesson usually means one less round with family and friends.

At some point I need to be more mindful and get these things to stick but actual practice doesn't keep me engaged.  Dumb, yeah.  But...(shrugs)

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

22 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Took two lessons last year, one of which was for this exact issue.  Got me on track quickly and hoping for more of the same.  Just difficult to pull the trigger because taking a lesson usually means one less round with family and friends.

At some point I need to be more mindful and get these things to stick but actual practice doesn't keep me engaged.  Dumb, yeah.  But...(shrugs)

It'll all come along. Playing with new clubs can take a while to get used to. Plus there's always a little pressure when you're doing a testing opportunity and that can get in your head. 

I think I am a perpetual worrier… I was thinking I have no predictability.. so go and hit 2-300 balls, I straighten it up but then I am too tired for the course!
I do have a habit of getting wide in my stance, which then gives me a random delivery. I need to remember this ! But I have decided to hit less ball, play more holes.

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

Looked at my sg over last ten and used that as a guide for my practice today. 

Sg 25-30 yards and approach 50-100 yards

Partial wedges today in my park. 36 yard shots to 3ft circle. 58/54 trying to go high and low with trajectory. Then did some face strike variation (wedges hate hosels) and some experimental practice with grip and face presentation. 

approach game 150-200

6i swing work today. Worked on ground contact. Then some feels from lessons working on technique  Then some face contact variation drills. Then ten shots with pre shot routine (hit some really good ones with foam balls)

putting 6-12 ft

in my house worked on putting for 20 mins at 9ft, just trying to get the ball going at the hole. I have a tendency to have my ball creep closer to center and causes a push with the LAB. Got things dialed in and a great session. My ruggable had pseudo alignment marks at the corners that help with face squareness. Also learned my living room to where I was putting has a slope of 0.3%. 

IMG_7855.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Practiced chips with my 58* and "C" wedge in the yard today. With the 58* worked on different trajectories. Interesting process, because its basically like chipping out of the rough, 

Went to a different local course today in search of a putting green with actual holes, no luck. They had the moveable practice pins like my usual course. On the fence if this is good practice because I had a lot of trouble finishing putts during my round yesterday.

Nevertheless, we practiced. I called an audible after seeing the putting greens, and got a large bucket for the range. Goal was accuracy, and taking some notes on my distances with the rangefinder. Hit about 2/3s of the balls between my SW and PW. When it comes to accuracy these two are probably the best in my bag right now. The next 1/3 of the balls I hit with my 9i and 7i, connection was pretty but I find them harder to aim. I’ll shoot straight, but not always where I thought I was lining up to. I reserved a handful of the balls for my 5w. Was hitting a slice, but managed to correct it by the last ball for a decent hit.

Spent some time setting up 6 balls ~3ft around a practice pin, and did around 60 putts. Went alright, but we’ll see if this translates to actual holes. 

Got another medium bucket to workshop 5w and driver. Spent most the time getting comfortable with the 5w, trying to replicate the same shots without a slice. I was trying to focus on my swing and closing the face since I seem to leave it open. Once that felt comfortable I got out the driver. I don’t think I hit the same shot twice (minus my slice) but there were some decent hits mixed in there. Finished with 5 good hits in a row with the 5w.

Using the rangefinder my wife got me for my birthday, I took some notes on my current distances:

SW 50-70

PW 70-100

9i 100-125

7i 120-140

5w 140-180

Driver 160-220

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

Range session today really focusing on my follow-thru to make sure I'm coming all the way around the ball. I noticed last time that I was forcibly stopping my swing about 3/4 of the way on the follow-thru and thought, "boy, that's silly...why am I causing my stress to my joints and muscles??" 

New swing is really taking shape and finding more consistency across the bag, so please with the results, even if I didn't last too long out there thanks to the oppressive humidity after 5 straight days of rain in central VA. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Putting in the basement today, specifically working on tempo and keeping the upper body smooth. I made it interesting by using all six putters too which included blades, mallets, milled face, inserts, right-handed, and left-handed. I feel like the constant change of putters kept forcing me to slow down and get my tempo right. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

FINALLY got to the range today. It was all about the driver. I finally got the swing to click and it reverberated throughout the bag. The session started out rough as I couldn't even make decent contact with the 56°. Finally got a decent strike there and worked my way to the 7, 4, 3 wood, then up to the driver. This session was a lot of practice swings and "feels". Focused mainly on the backswing and transition. slowed the temp way down and felt my hand get to the top (3/4 swing feel), pause, then let the hands fall and rotate. This fixed my right miss and the drives were long and straight. I'm hoping I can take this to the course this week and I have a trip next week to Delaware where we are playing Baywood greens and possibly lighthouse sound. 

All in all I gained some really solid swing thoughts to take with me and I am a lot more confident in the tee ball.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S (currently Testing AI Smoke🔹🔹🔹)

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

2024 Skytrak+ Official Forum Test

Played 18 on Saturday & Sunday.  Hit the ball well off the tee and approach shots were good leaving some makable birdie putts, however putting was horrendous. Both Days! Definitely in a putting slump. Even put the "Old Master" in the bag yesterday for a total change. The highlight was draining a 48 foot putt to save bogey 🤣.  Going back to the Scotty Newport 2.  Set up putter back factory settings, as Scotty sets up - regripped with 81 gram grip and changed weights to factory set up - 15 gram weights. Going to back to old putting drills and basics. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Range work went MUCH better today. I implemented the advice from both @RickyBobby_PR & @Kenny B, and also implemented a drill recommended by @chisag. Thanks a ton, guys, I appreciate your willingness to offer up advice. 70% of the balls I hit today were parallel to parallel swings, and the only thought I focused on was "connected takeaway." I have been working on my takeaway all week after finding a video from Porzak Golf that stuck with me well (thanks @cnosil!). I warmed up with a few bump and run type chips with my GW, then moved to parallel swings with my GW and that single swing thought, and it clicked almost automatically. Good contact, neutral to slight draw ball flight. It didn't happen so quickly with my 7 iron, that one took some work. But once I got it going again it was nice, straight ball flight. I worked on a couple other clubs doing that, and then took some full range of motion swings but tried to feel like I was not swinging so "fast", and the ball was traveling well with good flight. I did miss some left, but reminded myself it's a work in progress and not an overnight fix. I attempted to hit a few drives at the end, which again were big left misses except one that flew well. Not going to worry about that too much and just keep working on that connected takeaway feeling. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Spent about an hour working on a 20-30yd shot on to the chipping green. I’ve gotten a decent feel for hitting my SW and PW from range, but working on my softer green side shots with the 60°. Focused on opening the club face, and being smooth. Setup in the rough with a bunker between me and the pin made it challenging, but I had a handful of great shots and felt more comfortable getting on the green.

Spent the rest of the time working on 5w and Driver. Working on my woods setup to correct a slice. Having luck with lining up the center of the club face slightly outside the center of the ball (away from my body). Was getting a feel for that and liking the results. So, we’ll see how it translates when I play again Friday.

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

8 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Range work went MUCH better today. I implemented the advice from both @RickyBobby_PR & @Kenny B, and also implemented a drill recommended by @chisag. Thanks a ton, guys, I appreciate your willingness to offer up advice. 70% of the balls I hit today were parallel to parallel swings, and the only thought I focused on was "connected takeaway." I have been working on my takeaway all week after finding a video from Porzak Golf that stuck with me well (thanks @cnosil!). I warmed up with a few bump and run type chips with my GW, then moved to parallel swings with my GW and that single swing thought, and it clicked almost automatically. Good contact, neutral to slight draw ball flight. It didn't happen so quickly with my 7 iron, that one took some work. But once I got it going again it was nice, straight ball flight. I worked on a couple other clubs doing that, and then took some full range of motion swings but tried to feel like I was not swinging so "fast", and the ball was traveling well with good flight. I did miss some left, but reminded myself it's a work in progress and not an overnight fix. I attempted to hit a few drives at the end, which again were big left misses except one that flew well. Not going to worry about that too much and just keep working on that connected takeaway feeling. 

I’ve been watching Porzak Golf a lot lately. Love his videos. Explained well and easily digestible. I used some of his drills for my driver session. Love seeing you take everyone’s input and act on it. It’s a shame that Some people are too closed minded to listen to other’s around them. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S (currently Testing AI Smoke🔹🔹🔹)

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1

Reviews:

1 hour ago, Swood1994 said:

I’ve been watching Porzak Golf a lot lately. Love his videos. Explained well and easily digestible. I used some of his drills for my driver session. Love seeing you take everyone’s input and act on it. It’s a shame that Some people are too closed minded to listen to other’s around them. 

Agreed! I have always looked at input from others as a potentially game changing way to learn. If it doesn’t work, oh well. But when it does, watch out. Early returns are promising with what I implemented today. Just need to keep drilling the feel of that connected takeaway and then once I am to the point where I don’t have to think about it right before I start the swing, I’ll move to the wrist set that Porzak talks about all the time. For now just going step by step. I was a bit bummed the driver was still slicing so bad, but I used a Garmin R10 and attack angles were all negative numbers, so super spinny and I was swiping at it. Irons felt great though. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

1 hour ago, Swood1994 said:

... Sounds like you found someone that works for you! But I would warn everyone to be careful as it's easy to get information overload. My Southern guru told me before I started teaching "always give out infurmshun by tha teespoon, not tha shuvul". Too much information is just as bad as not enough. As the saying goes, ya gotta swing your swing. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

7 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I was a bit bummed the driver was still slicing so bad, but I used a Garmin R10 and attack angles were all negative numbers, so super spinny and I was swiping at it. Irons felt great though. 

Felt like I was reading an autobiography with this haha. I have a steep AOA and usually hover between -1 and 0. I can control my spin rate to 2500-2800 but when I get lazy they sky rocket to 4K RPMs and my big push slice rears it’s ugly head. Keep grinding, looking forward to hearing about your results!

Current WITB:

Reviews: