Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I had a good session at the range this morning, it was empty save for some of the golfers who decided to waltz out onto the turf to start hitting balls that were laying there while they were waiting to tee off on 1. 🙄
IMG_9241.jpeg.87d82db0d80d5be7ab6ee1f48540c3ea.jpeg

My focus today was short and long game. Half the bucket was my 54* & 58* to various targets, and half was driver/fairway/hybrid to get those feels dialed in before the Mizuno testing gets under way. They were all pretty good, in fact my driver was pretty darn solid. I went back to my notes from when I was taking lessons and I realized that I had moved away from what we had worked on with setup, namely starting with more pressure on my back foot. I've mentioned that I tend to have issues with AoA and getting back to that feel at setup has really straightened out my dispersion and has given me more distance since I'm hitting up vs level or even down. I'm excited for those Mizunos to show up!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Same ole same with swing work. Also hit a gym milestone

IMG_7960.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Session #1 of the second week of Level 2 Super Speed training today, 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

16 hours ago, ctg44 said:

I have found the SM9s to be the absolute best wedges I've ever used.  My son has, and I had, a set of SM8 wedges...and the SM9s just blow the SM8s away.  There's a reason almost all of the pros tossed the SM8s the second the SM9s came out.  Once I added the right shafts for me, I've become a short game master lately and my scores are dropping like rocks....well, that and finally realizing that my stupid habit of using the 60* wedge around the green was killing me.  I played 9 today and had 4 putts under 2' because of some great recovery pitches / chips.  My approach game was garbage, but I still shot a 39 on a tough par 35 course because I kept saving par from crazy lies.  Not sure why I couldn't hit a green, other than I really need to swap my Mizuno 223 PW, the only club of the set I don't like, for a Vokey 46 bent to 45, but at least I kept from making a bunch of bogeys w/ the wedge game.  Practice time is the key here though.  I start and end every range session doing the exact same thing....10-15 yard greenside chip simulations.  When I can drop and stop range balls, I know I'm going to be fine w/ the like-new ProV1s I find in the water from all the other guys who don't spend enough time practicing and take so long to play that I have plenty of time to find free $5 balls!  

Nah, just wait a couple of weeks and someone will have gotten tired of being a hacker and be ready to dump theirs on eBay for try #765 at finding the right club because they are too stubborn to go get properly fitted or don't want to wait to get the right clubs and bought the 923s off the shelf.  As long as you're willing to do some work and maybe swap shafts and grips, there are deals to be had on even the newest clubs.  I found my son a set of Apex TCBs that looked like the guy had them a week at most with basically 1 round of use on the grips.  These clubs are almost impossible to find right now in new condition or even close to it w/o crazy markup at places like Fairway Jockey...and even then there's a 4-6 week wait most of the time.  With my FedEx account, we got them here in 3 days of another forum by being diligent and negotiating hard.  It probably helped that the shafts were crazy heavy and stiff and only a 6'3" /200 lb., 18-year-old hockey player would find them to be just perfect (Nippon Modus Pro 130X), but even still, he loves them and is firing darts with them.  In short, if you really want the Mizunos (I for sure love my Pro 223s!), then get searching and be willing to tinker.  You never know what shaft / loft / lie combo someone might have for sale that no one else wants that you can find and have adjusted for a reasonable price.  I can say that I built my wife a set using my old Cobra ForgedTec heads and those exact Recoil ESX 460 F3 shafts, and the total cost w/ ferrules, epoxy, shafts, and new Winn DriTac 2.0 Grips was under $200 (all in).  I think I found the shafts on eBay, the grips on another forum, and the epoxy on Amazon on sale, but was able to scrounge for deals for all of it.  Kind of like the practice range, saving money on golf gear takes some work, but is worth it.

Consistently practicing my chipping has been the biggest help to my game. Being able to get up and down from all around the green is huge. Most of the time I chip with my 54-degree SM9 or pitching wedge. Absolutely love the versatility of my SM9.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2, Tensei 65 Flex-S, 10.0 

Wood: Taylormade M2, 16.5

Hybrid: Nike CPR (old club but will never be replaced), 18.0

Irons: Titleist T300 (4-Gap), True Temper AMT R300 

Wedges: Vokey SM9 (54)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

I hit an XL bucket of balls today with only my 9 iron I just built.  It is built to my specs, which means it is slightly heavier and longer than that which I have been using, and that will take a bit of getting used to.  That said, I had consistent strikes and started dialing it in toward the end of the session as I stopped being so quick (to which I am prone, especially on the range, but also on the course).  It was a good session, and a nice break from a stressful work week!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Range day. Jayson wanted a video check in so i delivered. 50% speed feel

after that spent and hour putting. First 15,30,45,60’ ladders uphill and downhill. If I didn’t make more than one within a 1.5’ of the hole I move up. 2 I stay, all three move on. That all took a while. Then did around the world on a different hole, 4 spots, 15’ one up hill left to right, downhill right to left, slight up hill slider right to left, slight down hill slider left to right. Went around four times starting in a dif spot, three balls each. Started making about two each time through. Then found the flattest spot I could and did 6 from 15’ and 6 from 30’ 2x. 

1st time behind hole image, real long one was first one from 15’

IMG_7973.jpeg.00328f5f89672d23295374c1d502ae56.jpeg

2nd time front hole image four short from 30’

IMG_7974.jpeg.1a52b8efc68c1e3dc1aa7c83bf40ac27.jpeg

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

I love golf. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I love golf. I went out to the range yesterday afternoon to work on ball striking. I wanted to prioritize my long irons and woods. I have been missing a lot of shots to the right with my driver, which has plagued me for years. I went in optimistic and feeling good... and then I wasn't. 

I left the range feeling horrible about my game. Warming up, I hit some nice shots with my wedges and short irons. I am working on making solid contact with my longer irons, and once I got into my 6, 5, and 4 irons, I felt like I had never swung a golf club. I couldn't hit one ball high and straight. Frustrated, I moved on to my hybrids and driver—big mistake. I couldn't hit any of those clubs well. I had no idea what I was doing with my driver. I would hit a draw, then hit it straight, then hit a fade, then a slice, then a hook... it just went on and on. I then went back to my wedges and felt like I couldn't even hit those well anymore—very disappointing.

Fast forward to this morning. I go out to the range to get redemption. However, there was no redemption to be had. I almost shanked my first shot, then proceeded to hit bad shot after bad shot. I hit my driver trying this new "anti-slice" drill and hit the ball even further right than I typically do.  Once again, I left feeling horrible about my game. I am hoping that I couple of days off will ease the tension and get me back on the right path. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

had myself a little David Hasselhoff practice and worked on my bunker game getting alot better feel for hitting playing the sand and not the ball and finishing strong even made 3 of them i got to keep working but im starting to stress alot less when i end up in a bunker  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

My home course is closed to repair the greens, so all I’ve been able to do is hit the range. I’m still waiting on my driver to come back from warranty. I’ve really been working on half swings a lot, really focusing on using my lower body to start the downswing and get more on my lead side, and really getting my finish position in a good place. Over the last week, I have probably hit about 200+ shots with a short iron like this. It is really paying off, from 6 iron down I am able to hit the different windows and shot shapes. Today, I focused on more wedges and my new 3 wood is built up and worked on my back up off the tee. While I was working on my wedges I found a really good feel when I was hitting some dead arm wedge shots, and wanted to get the same feeling on my full iron shots. It was a phenomenal feeling, my ball would start just right of my line and stay straight or just minimal curve. That feeling of letting my arms fall while my body turned was really good for me swing. It really makes me have to get through the ball. My strike and compression have been night and day better. I’m also, been working on putting with a mirror and through a gate. My goal is 30 minutes a day as often as I can throughout the week. This has really been beneficial to my putting. I’m ready for the course to open. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Super Speed training today.

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

I went out to practice as I've been having some struggles lately with my driver. I worked on keeping the club face closed in the backswing and staying behind the ball. I am happy to say that I hit the driver beautifully today! I have a 2-man best shot tournament tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing how my driver cooperates. 

Also worked on putting and chipping. Chipping didn't feel great, but my putter is on fire. I feel great heading into tomorrow and look forward to getting out on the course!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

I hit quite a few shots with the new 58* to dial in the grind on the sole.  I am not tall and stand pretty close on wedge shots with my hands low.  I like to have some extra heel and trailing edge relief or my ball flight goes a bit left.  So i hit a few and headed in to the grinder / sander then hit a few more.  After a few iterations i have it pretty close.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Hit a small bucket yesterday using just my 9 iron.  Working on my backswing again trying to get the feels right.  Also trying once again to get it into my head to stop swinging at 110%.  Forever my Achilles heel!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

5 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Hit a small bucket yesterday using just my 9 iron.  Working on my backswing again trying to get the feels right.  Also trying once again to get it into my head to stop swinging at 110%.  Forever my Achilles heel!

Btw, something that helped me with that issue. Feel like you are swinging 50% of the way back. In reality it will be closer to 100%. If that still doesn’t work try 25%. Feel isn’t real so fine a feel that gets you there. 

My Reviews:

Unfortunately I am starting to get neuropathy in my feet. My balance is off when I swing, so I worked on different  foot positions to create a more stable foundation without compromising my swing.

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.

Another bad weather day so indoor putting practice today. Started with grip and setup using a mirror, then gate drill for start line and finished up with the PuttOUT ladder. Took about 30 minutes.

5 hours ago, RedCell24 said:

Unfortunately I am starting to get neuropathy in my feet. My balance is off when I swing, so I worked on different  foot positions to create a more stable foundation without compromising my swing.

... I have it in my left leg/foot from spinal nerve damage and two back surgeries. I don't know if you are taking anything but Alpha Lipoic Acid has been a miracle supplement for me. While it doesn't get rid of it completely, about 95% of it is gone when I take it. 

https://topsupplements.com/products/nutricost-alpha-lipoic-acid-600mg-240-capsules?variant=41276092416189&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI36yzlpKUgAMVD8vCBB3-fAJvEAQYBCABEgKYUPD_BwE

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Btw, something that helped me with that issue. Feel like you are swinging 50% of the way back. In reality it will be closer to 100%. If that still doesn’t work try 25%. Feel isn’t real so fine a feel that gets you there. 

I'll have to try that out.  I'm definitely a feel player...that has no sense of feel, lol.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

On 7/13/2023 at 8:05 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Range day. Jayson wanted a video check in so i delivered. 50% speed feel

after that spent and hour putting. First 15,30,45,60’ ladders uphill and downhill. If I didn’t make more than one within a 1.5’ of the hole I move up. 2 I stay, all three move on. That all took a while. Then did around the world on a different hole, 4 spots, 15’ one up hill left to right, downhill right to left, slight up hill slider right to left, slight down hill slider left to right. Went around four times starting in a dif spot, three balls each. Started making about two each time through. Then found the flattest spot I could and did 6 from 15’ and 6 from 30’ 2x. 

1st time behind hole image, real long one was first one from 15’

IMG_7973.jpeg.00328f5f89672d23295374c1d502ae56.jpeg

2nd time front hole image four short from 30’

IMG_7974.jpeg.1a52b8efc68c1e3dc1aa7c83bf40ac27.jpeg

Great job!!  The more you do, the better you get.  If you take a long break, you almost have to start over; feel leaves those that don’t keep practicing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Went yesterday and hit at the range experimenting with shot shaping trying to hit the 9 boxes as i think of it still struggling with the low draw and low cut but finally starting to see and feel where my hands need to finish to start shaping the ball a little 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Had a Swing Evaluation at GOLFTEC, it was pretty eye opening, and I had pretty positive experience.

We first started by talking about my goals: more consistent ball striking, breaking 100, and then further down the road breaking 90.
Next, he recorded me swinging my driver and 7i. He used that footage side-by-side with a tour pro (I believe the example was Zach Johnson). Comparing and marking up the footage it was easy to see how steep my takeaway was, and I was doing pretty much zero hip rotation. Instead, I do a hip sway type of thing. He explained that this sway is likely what is causing me to chunk the ball so much.
After breaking down my swing, he wanted me to focus on not swaying, bringing the club back closer to my body (like my hands are going for my right pocket), straightening my right leg so I can rotate, and finally finishing by focusing on hitting the ball out to the right (like I'm trying to hit it to the corner of the room). After a handful of balls, I started to get a feel for this and was hitting a consistent draw and with a bit more consistent carry.
After that, we did a final comparison of my original swing to how I was at the end of the session. Just a few different swing thoughts and the impact was pretty dramatic.
Finally, we got on to building a game plan and the sales portion of the evaluation for the lesson plans.

I am pretty excited by the progress I was able to make in a short amount of time today, but I will say there was a little bit of a sticker shock looking at the cost of the lesson plans. It likely wouldn't be as big of a deal if you didn't have to pay the full cost of the plan up front. I decided not to purchase right away, but wanted to think about it more.

Now that I've thought about it more, I am leaning towards yes. I can see myself getting along with the coach, and broken up over a year the cost doesn't seem too bad (plus fitting and bonus simulator time). Anyone out there have positive or negative experiences with GOLFTEC?

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

@BallsLeon I also had a pretty good experience at Golftec.  I'd gotten a swing evaluation as a Christmas gift that I used in April of last year.  I was pretty up front about the fact that it was a gift and I had no intention/couldn't afford a further lesson plan so I didn't get much of a sales pitch.  My biggest issue (among many issues) that was addressed was also swaying.  I was compared to Jordan Spieth.  I really liked the instructor; she broke things down pretty nicely so I could understand what I was doing.

Honestly, the best part was the fact that I had to set up a Golftec account, so I've been able to go back and re-visit that lesson a few times since.  Seeing the video snippets again and having her explain something has helped to re-ingrain that lesson.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

19 minutes ago, JerryB said:

@BallsLeon I also had a pretty good experience at Golftec.  I'd gotten a swing evaluation as a Christmas gift that I used in April of last year.  I was pretty up front about the fact that it was a gift and I had no intention/couldn't afford a further lesson plan so I didn't get much of a sales pitch.  My biggest issue (among many issues) that was addressed was also swaying.  I was compared to Jordan Spieth.  I really liked the instructor; she broke things down pretty nicely so I could understand what I was doing.

Honestly, the best part was the fact that I had to set up a Golftec account, so I've been able to go back and re-visit that lesson a few times since.  Seeing the video snippets again and having her explain something has helped to re-ingrain that lesson.

I hadn't even logged into the account yet, that's great! I didn't realize I'd get the whole lesson recorded.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip

-TJ

26 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

I hadn't even logged into the account yet, that's great! I didn't realize I'd get the whole lesson recorded.

Wasn't the whole lesson.  It's been a minute but if I recall it was just several key points of comparison.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

2 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Now that I've thought about it more, I am leaning towards yes. I can see myself getting along with the coach, and broken up over a year the cost doesn't seem too bad (plus fitting and bonus simulator time). Anyone out there have positive or negative experiences with GOLFTEC?

GolfTec runs occasional sales for 15% off, keep checking their website. Also consider if you want to add the practice time + a fitting vs just the lesson pack.

I've gone to one of their places not too far from me off and on for about 3 years or so. Haven't been in a while but they definitely me make progress!

I started out with the Game Plan complete package but found i wasn't using practice time that much - a. can be difficult to schedule when you want and b. got tired of hitting indoors 🤷‍♂️ Also - and this is just my opinion - their fittings are not as good as other options, and their inventory is limited.

But..... If you've found a good instructor that you can communicate with well and they're helping you .. go for it!

And yes, download the app it's very useful to review your lessons and the drills the instructor suggests.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

GolfTec runs occasional sales for 15% off, keep checking their website. Also consider if you want to add the practice time + a fitting vs just the lesson pack.

I've gone to one of their places not too far from me off and on for about 3 years or so. Haven't been in a while but they definitely me make progress!

I started out with the Game Plan complete package but found i wasn't using practice time that much - a. can be difficult to schedule when you want and b. got tired of hitting indoors 🤷‍♂️ Also - and this is just my opinion - their fittings are not as good as other options, and their inventory is limited.

But..... If you've found a good instructor that you can communicate with well and they're helping you .. go for it!

And yes, download the app it's very useful to review your lessons and the drills the instructor suggests.

Good call, I'll keep an eye out for a sale then!

And really appreciate hearing your experience, I hadn't put much thought into the complete package versus just the lesson plans. I did have to book my swing evaluation about two weeks out... could be tricky to plan my practice time that far in advance.

-TJ

Worked on ball positioning and keep the lead wrist pointed down to square the face during todays lesson. It really helped find 10 yards of distance and add a draw to my shot shape. Looking forward to hopefully replicating these results on the course tomorrow. 

Planning on short game practice for Thursday. 

Edited by GVetter

GVetter

I stopped at the TopTracer Range on my way home today at 2 pm. It was 97° heat index 105°. Under cover with fans going. I got the 104 ball bucket. My intent was to work on my new swing changes. And then get the ranges with the new swing. 

Trying to keep the club more in front of me. Initiate the swing by pushing the club back with the palm of the lead hand and making a 90° chest turn. Stopping when lead arm was parallel with the ground. Then dropping and pulling the butt of the club to my lead pocket. 

I had a lot of success early. Then started to hit 5 shots with each club, starting with gap wedge. I was getting sloppy by the 7 iron and basically had to delete them and start over. I was feeling winded by the 5 iron and decided I was done with that for the day. I needed to either sit amd cool down or go home, shower, and cool down there. 

I opted for calling it a day and will likely go back tomorrow and work on the top of the bag. I did hit some drivers but my heart wasn’t in it any more. I left 30+ balls for the next people. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Practice a little bit yesterday and today, just hit a dozen balls into the nets yesterday to warm up then Chip with the ping 54deg which was good. Today hit a dozen with 5 iron into the 🥅 to warm up then use 9iron into the green with open and closed club face to feel a fade and a draw ala Padraig Harrington, the 5iron was not good because I was hitting on the heel of the face which I sometimes do if I've not practiced for awhile. But the 9iron was working out good fading and drawing the ball, lost a ball with my fade as I hit 🎯 it so well into thick bushes and couldn't find it ...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…