Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

50 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Got back on the range today to work more on long irons and woods. Started out really struggling but then hit the reset button and tried to really focus on slowing down my tempo. I tried to be more deliberate in my backswing, "feel" a pause at the top, and be deliberate starting the downswing. This helped me to start making better contact. Early extension, as you'll clearly see, is still an issue as I don't do a very good job rotating my hips. I also am sure I am coming in too steep. I got some slo-mo on a few videos that I am posting here. One is a 6 iron that I actually made very good contact with and hit it arguably the best I've maybe ever hit that club. I also got a driver of again a good strike and as good as I can currently hit it, and a toe miss with the driver that resulted in a push fade. As always, I am open to feedback and constructive criticism. For whatever reason, the link won't embed for the 6i shot, but it is there above the driver.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-NrxlyJek_o?feature=share

typical things most of us amateurs do wrong. Arms are driving ten backswing instead of the chest and core.

Wrists have no vertical set and the swing is flat as well. You have what is considered a false turn because your hips are working the opposite of what they should be doing. Right hip is moving toward the ball in the backswing and left hip is doing it in the downswing. It should be left hip back in backswing and right hip back in downswing.

Because of the wrists, flat swing and how the hips are moving you get steep in transition and have to early extend to create room and to hit the ball.

Your shots are going to be inconsistent and will depend on how well you can time the hands up with the swing to make contact.

You need to learn proper takeaway and backswing. Do most of your practice with a high lofted club. No more than a 7i 

Some different options for working on these two parts.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hit the range this morning for work on woods, including driver and it was a good session. Worked on ball position with driver, found I was creeping backwards at address, which was also affecting balance. 
Also worked on 5 wood, which is my go to club, and it was ball position and tempo.  Just get too fast at times.  Ball striking was good and seemed to work.  I'll get back out Friday morning, in time to play on Saturday and take it to the course.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

3 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Got back on the range today to work more on long irons and woods. Started out really struggling but then hit the reset button and tried to really focus on slowing down my tempo. I tried to be more deliberate in my backswing, "feel" a pause at the top, and be deliberate starting the downswing. This helped me to start making better contact. Early extension, as you'll clearly see, is still an issue as I don't do a very good job rotating my hips. I also am sure I am coming in too steep. I got some slo-mo on a few videos that I am posting here. One is a 6 iron that I actually made good contact with and was one of the better strikes I've had with that club. I also got a driver of again a good strike and as good as I can currently hit it, and a toe miss with the driver that resulted in a push fade. As always, I am open to feedback and constructive criticism. For whatever reason, the link won't embed for the 6i shot, but it is there above the driver.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-NrxlyJek_o?feature=share

What is your target in these videos? What type of shot are you trying to play?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What is your target in these videos? What type of shot are you trying to play?

I had my alignment stick set up leading out to the yardage markers on the range. My typical miss is a fade/slice, so I really am just looking for straight ball flight right now. If it's a soft fade I am OK with that, but the main goal for now is to just consistently hit it straight

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

24 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I had my alignment stick set up leading out to the yardage markers on the range. My typical miss is a fade/slice, so I really am just looking for straight ball flight right now. If it's a soft fade I am OK with that, but the main goal for now is to just consistently hit it straight

This is why it’s key to have the camera on the right spot. Your camera is pointing more to the right so it angles.

But it looks like your clubface is slightly closed and your hips and shoulders are slightly open to your knees in your driver videos it also looks like the ball maybe a bit too far forward on the stance which could be causing the open hips and shoulders. It’s not a big difference but it could affect the swing as well

The stance doesn’t look as bad in the 6i swing but your face looks closed there too.

Next time film a face on as well

6 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Banging away at the range for 3 things:

1.  a full 90 degree body turn so my gut faces the target at the end.

2.  a full reverse C bend like Dustin J at the end, I am looking up at the sky.

3.  Trying to swing a driver, NO SLICE.

Working on core muscles. Also doing Paloff presses.  Look it up, it is a simple exercise for the core.

Hey been doing that and didn't know it had a name "PALOFF" press, I have a Green stretchy that I've been using for awhile doing a few moves with a increasingly loaded weight. Feels good and can be as easy or hard as you want...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This is why it’s key to have the camera on the right spot. Your camera is pointing more to the right so it angles.

But it looks like your clubface is slightly closed and your hips and shoulders are slightly open to your knees in your driver videos it also looks like the ball maybe a bit too far forward on the stance which could be causing the open hips and shoulders. It’s not a big difference but it could affect the swing as well

The stance doesn’t look as bad in the 6i swing but your face looks closed there too.

Next time film a face on as well

So in the future, I should have the camera more directly behind me? Just so I am understanding correctly 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Started out to play but shot a double, triple and bogie on the first 3 holes. It was such a beautiful day, low 70's  sunny and light wind. Couldn't waste it. Decided just play trying to make contact and not worry about score at all. Had a few good strikes, and a couple of ooops. Overall, driver wasn't my friend today, or maybe I wasn't the friend for the driver.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Rain this afternoon and finished work early so spent some time rolling putts in the basement. Felt okay but just wasn’t sinking them on my mat. An abysmal make rate. Threw the clubs in the car, going to hit the range tomorrow and roll a bunch on their green tomorrow and try to get a little confidence back before playing 18 this weekend  

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Left the Rapsodo at home today, so when I went to hit a bucket at lunch, I focused on hitting to targets. Still hit a few drives, but rather than hyper focusing on distance and club/ball speed, I paid attention to shape and what the ball did after it landed. It was a bit freeing, to be honest. I may have to leave the Rapsodo home more often. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Got greedy today trying for more distance as I was happy with my strongish grip so I thought stronger still will give me the Draw right 🤪 be buggered, I either went straight left or a nasty slice so I calmed down and nailed it straight 6metres short of the 6th green short par4 219 metres to the front. ...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Took a half bag to the range, 56°, PW, 8i, 6i, 4i, 2i, driver. Been a couple weeks since I've had a proper hit while I've been resting my elbow, so I just took my time and started from my 56° and worked my way to my driver, just really focussing on my tempo and making good contact. Once I'd hit through all my clubs I switched back to my 8i and drilled hitting draw fade draw fade on repeat until I had 10 or so balls left, and then just hit some short feel shots with my PW. 

Felt great just to be swinging again, and was nice not feeling any issues with my elbow at all. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Hit the range and had a pretty good session dialing in my irons. Got to my fairway wood and driver and started having an issue with wrist extension in my leading hand. I’m all the sudden slicing everything. I go back to my mid irons to reset my swing. Work my way back up again. Get to the fairway wood and have a nice fade. Get the driver out and BAM!!! Back to club face open. 

Should I just leave the driver in the bag on the range? 

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Hanson

3 minutes ago, ScottyHapas said:

Hit the range and had a pretty good session dialing in my irons. Got to my fairway wood and driver and started having an issue with wrist extension in my leading hand. I’m all the sudden slicing everything. I go back to my mid irons to reset my swing. Work my way back up again. Get to the fairway wood and have a nice fade. Get the driver out and BAM!!! Back to club face open. 

Thanks,

Scott

I find myself with the same lead wrist issue with my longer clubs (3 wood, driver). My swing thought with those clubs is to keep my trail wrist and hand in the “serving tray” position. It, generally, keeps my lead wrist in flexion to supinate through the ball. 

As for the driver on the range… not sure what type of range your hitting on. Personally, I leave the driver in the bag if it’s a mat only range. I need a particular aesthetic to get into a driver setup. 

Hodgepodge club gamer with a +8 handicap. 

12 minutes ago, ScottyHapas said:

Range should be where you work on the driver.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

27 minutes ago, ScottyHapas said:

Thanks,

Scott

Any swing related issues become more prevalent the longer the club. 

Whatever is happening with driver is actually happening with your other clubs but the compensations get harder with the driver.

As for leaving driver in the bag that’s a yes and no answer. No you shouldn’t, because you want to make swings with it, yes because practice swing should happen with irons and more so higher lofted irons. 5-6 swings with driver is all that’s needed on the range. This advice was given by a high level instructor 

44 minutes ago, ScottyHapas said:

Thanks,

Scott

31 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Range should be where you work on the driver.  

If you're only working on the things your good at you're not going to get better. 

Certainly not fun: but work on the things you suck at until you figure it out.
Go to the extreme - if you're slicing hit a gigantic hook. club path, alignment, stance, ball position - change it all up 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

11 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

If you're only working on the things your good at you're not going to get better. 

Certainly not fun: but work on the things you suck at until you figure it out.
Go to the extreme - if you're slicing hit a gigantic hook. club path, alignment, stance, ball position - change it all up 

I like this mentality.. typically if i can control fade a few irons I know i'm in a good hitting position (play a natural draw). When people tell me they are hitting the 3-wood good, but losing the driver, i can almost guarantee its issues with taking a bigger swing and losing that good set position at the top or.... they have a 46 in. shaft they have no business of hitting. Unless they are over 6 foot, 6'1 I think non-competitive golfers should cut down the driver. gain so much more control and face awareness.. and they won't lose any distance. Everyone should try chocking down a couple inches when they start to lose the driver

Chaz

Cobra LTDx LS, KingTech Hybrid, Srixon 2-iron
4-Gap Srixon ZX7s, Vokey Wedges and Spider 

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You need to learn proper takeaway and backswing.

Gonna check out those videos, too, thx .. one of my (many) bad tendencies is rolling the wrists "in" on the takeaway...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Gonna check out those videos, too, thx .. one of my (many) bad tendencies is rolling the wrists "in" on the takeaway...

Common for a lot of ams, including me. 

Great session today. Some face contact drills after a warm up. Then trying new things with my 4i. I finally hit a shot that carried 10yrds past my 5i so I can do it, just not often. Still thinking about a hybrid to replace it. Then some driver work. Last round struggled and realized my arc depth was way off. Got that adjusted and then did 20-25 swings all out. Did get a prgr reading of 165 ball speed on a shot that was playable. I have potential. 

then on the putting green did some aim point work and speed control. Great session all around. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

typical things most of us amateurs do wrong. Arms are driving ten backswing instead of the chest and core.

Wrists have no vertical set and the swing is flat as well. You have what is considered a false turn because your hips are working the opposite of what they should be doing. Right hip is moving toward the ball in the backswing and left hip is doing it in the downswing. It should be left hip back in backswing and right hip back in downswing.

Because of the wrists, flat swing and how the hips are moving you get steep in transition and have to early extend to create room and to hit the ball.

Your shots are going to be inconsistent and will depend on how well you can time the hands up with the swing to make contact.

You need to learn proper takeaway and backswing. Do most of your practice with a high lofted club. No more than a 7i 

Some different options for working on these two parts.

These are very good videos that resonate with me, although I’ve only watched the first 2.  I’ve been working off and on to hopefully improve my iron accuracy.  Have translated some of my thoughts to the driver too but treating the 2 separately as my FIRs are up to 85% with very good distance and trajectory.  Irons a different story.  With both, I’ve made a concerted effort to make sure I am bringing the backswing inside.  

Sorry no video, but with the irons and confirmed with trackman, I had a tendency to Slight to moderate outside to in path, slightly closed club face resulting in moderate to strong pull draws.  While trying to improve and bring inside, resulted in strong draws that start better online but the thought of coming inside resulted in rolling the forearms and feeling my swing is too flat.  The next increment was to attempt a more vertical backswing.  This has had very positive result with shots more online with a slight draw, some have gone a bit right but no loss of distance (ie, not a weak fade trajectory).

over the past 2 years I have concentrated on making my swing predominantly with rotation.  In the video he talks about blending the set and start of the backswing, which I really like.  I tried breaking down the 2 parts down in my living room and it just feels weird and unnatural, but when I blend, I think I get close to what is desired and feels natural for the first segment of the swing.  I think I also have had a tendency to not flex my knees enough and at times probably look like the guy in video #2.  

The past couple months, I’ve tried to get more athletic with my knees and spine tilt, but still catch myself during setup that I fall into old habits, but it’s easy to correct during the setup.   Even though the guy was swinging with more vertical set in the video, I still don’t like how he looks with the downswing and appears to he straightens up out of his tilt and a bit armsy.  I don’t like it because I tend to come out of my stance and working on maintaining better tilt thru the shot with a better finish.  Anyways, a lot to work on but just thought I’d comment. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

7 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Irons a different story.  With both, I’ve made a concerted effort to make sure I am bringing the backswing inside.  

Can you elaborate on what you are bringing inside? 

Is it handpath or the club?

8 minutes ago, GaryF said:

The next increment was to attempt a more vertical backswing.  This has had very positive result with shots more online with a slight draw, some have gone a bit right but no loss of distance (ie, not a weak fade trajectory).

A more vertical backswing is good. Makes shallowing easier if the pressure shifts and rotation are correct.

10 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I tried breaking down the 2 parts down in my living room and it just feels weird and unnatural, but when I blend, I think I get close to what is desired and feels natural for the first segment of the swing.  I think I also have had a tendency to not flex my knees enough and at times probably look like the guy in video #2.  

There is nothing natural about the golf swing. Something new should feel unnatural and weird. Breaking it down is a good way to teach the mind and body what to do, with the goal to have it blend.

14 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Even though the guy was swinging with more vertical set in the video, I still don’t like how he looks with the downswing and appears to he straightens up out of his tilt and a bit armsy.  

If you are referring to the golfer receiving the lesson I agree but keep in mind he is making a swing change and it’s important to compare where he was to where he is. As he improves that move will be less armsy. But if you watch porzak you don’t see that in the swing. 

18 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Can you elaborate on what you are bringing inside? 

Is it handpath or the club?

A more vertical backswing is good. Makes shallowing easier if the pressure shifts and rotation are correct.

There is nothing natural about the golf swing. Something new should feel unnatural and weird. Breaking it down is a good way to teach the mind and body what to do, with the goal to have it blend.

If you are referring to the golfer receiving the lesson I agree but keep in mind he is making a swing change and it’s important to compare where he was to where he is. As he improves that move will be less armsy. But if you watch porzak you don’t see that in the swing. 

Good question, a bit of both.  But the first video clarified about bringing the hands along the target line alignment stick, but I think I have also been bringing the hands inside of  that line.  When I become more vertical with the set, I feel like my hands stay more along that line.

I agree nothing natural with the swing and changes will feel unnatural, but the instructor did stress ‘blend’ and it was his subject that said he needed to feel each part.  When I do get the vertical set I do it with rotation and don’t feel the need to do it piecemeal. I don’t always get it correct, but I can feel the combination happening when I do get in better correct position.

And yes, was referring to the guy going through a swing change, but he was doing that on the initial swings before the swings.  With the guy in the video, I assume that would be addressed at a later time while initially focusing on getting the club set properly.  It’s just that I have had that tendency, out of habit and lower back issues, and it’s really hard to break the habit.

I recently signed up for Peacock Premium so I can watch some of the BIG  football games this fall, and I found some episodes of ‘Private Lessons’.  One was on the same topic of club path and an alignment stick at 45*.  It got me thinking about my driver which again the results are very good.  But something that I started doing a few weeks ago was to change my eye point when starting the driver backswing.  I had always looked at the back of the ball where the club would strike.  The change was to focus on the back-side, at a point about 45* toward me.  For some reason, this has really helped with reducing or eliminating OTT and giving me many more drives with a slight draw.  As an analogy, better sense of having a club path that would be right of second base, which keeps my spine more tilted. The other change that I experimented was to have a golfpride MCC +4 on my driver.  I feel like it’s easier to keep a more relaxed grip and better control. A more relaxed grip for me translates in less to no tension n my forearms, 

Anyways, my main point of all of this is I really enjoy the videos and your commentary you post here and feel I’m learning a lot. Thank you!

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

2 hours ago, GaryF said:

Good question, a bit of both.  But the first video clarified about bringing the hands along the target line alignment stick, but I think I have also been bringing the hands inside of  that line.  When I become more vertical with the set, I feel like my hands stay more along that line

The hands should move along that line or inside of it. The club should not get behind the hands, adds to the amount of work needed to get the club in the right position on the downswing.

A game of opposites. The hands go in the club will go out, and then in transistor hands move out and club will move back. Dan Carraher talks about this and if you watch any of his videos on instagram or YouTube you will his students hands get close to the trail leg

2 hours ago, GaryF said:

And yes, was referring to the guy going through a swing change, but he was doing that on the initial swings before the swings.  With the guy in the video, I assume that would be addressed at a later time while initially focusing on getting the club set properly.  It’s just that I have had that tendency, out of habit and lower back issues, and it’s really hard to break the habit.

Correct. In that part of the lesson they were working on getting the club in a better position on the takeaway which will help get it in a better spot in the backswing. This doesn’t always lead to improved downswing right away and that could take time because the body is going to want to do what’s comfortable.

Good instructors don’t give their students too much to work on and work on the issues that will lead to improvement in playing better quicker and then build on that, but that next pience could be 4 weeks away or even longer

NKGC range and practice green today. At the range I hit 7i, 27*H, and drivers. Started out driver trying to make the fastest swings that I could; need to be careful of the effect of my speed training because in trying to swing as fast as possible, I actually did sky the ball today. 

On the practice green worked on chipping (SW and UW) and putting. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

6 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Nah not looking at any video I'm hitting driver reasonable 😕 certainly better 😉 than I have in a long time...

Hit the range today like I wanted. Tried to focus a lot on my putting and well… I’m not exactly thrilled. My reads were pretty good just seems like I wasn’t lining up correctly. Frustrating as my putting was coming around or so I thought as of late 

On a more positive note the Edel irons are still feeling fantastic, and I can actually hit my hybrid with a bit of confidence lately. 

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The hands should move along that line or inside of it. The club should not get behind the hands, adds to the amount of work needed to get the club in the right position on the downswing.

A game of opposites. The hands go in the club will go out, and then in transistor hands move out and club will move back. Dan Carraher talks about this and if you watch any of his videos on instagram or YouTube you will his students hands get close to the trail leg

Correct. In that part of the lesson they were working on getting the club in a better position on the takeaway which will help get it in a better spot in the backswing. This doesn’t always lead to improved downswing right away and that could take time because the body is going to want to do what’s comfortable.

Good instructors don’t give their students too much to work on and work on the issues that will lead to improvement in playing better quicker and then build on that, but that next pience could be 4 weeks away or even longer

For me, the wrist/forearm rotation causes the poor positioning of the club behind the hands scenario, but it’s a good checkpoint during the backswing when on the practice range and develop the correct ‘’feel’.  When I play, i play by feel and  try to eliminate the thought during the swing, and  reserve the analytics to post-swing for a very short time to asses what my tendencies happen to be that day.