• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got the Skytrak this past Christmas for my son and I. Best purchase to help us get through the winter months.. only additional cost each year is the subscription to play courses and certain challeng

So, I am sitting here in training all week at home. I couldn't wait for the net and mat to arrive, so I plugged in the SkyTrak and chipped in my living room. Why? Because my wife isn't here, and sh

I have decided on the SkyTrak. Pulled the trigger last week, and I received the launch monitor yesterday. I've cleared out some space in the garage, but the mat and net won't arrive for a few more w

Posted Images

I ahve SkyTrak and have had it since it has been available.  Their customer support is non-existent.  That said, the issues I have had were app related (whether shots were saving/syncing) and not hardware related.  And the app issues never kept me from being able to use the unit..

Last year, I used a demo version of E6 and this year I "rented" Perfect Golf.

Full shots are pretty realistic and reliable.  Putting is a little funky but at least usable with auto gimmies.  Chipping is not as good as the rest.  Part of it is not being able to "flop" off of a matt and part is just that you can't hit it soft enough to get a 20 foot chip close. 

The only real issue I have is that there is a fairly long delay between hitting the ball and seeing a result. Can be a little annoying but not a show stopper.

All in all I'm happy I have it,  I use the simulator at least weekly and I use the SkyTrak app as a driving range a couple times a week. 

• Like 1

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

• 3 weeks later...

@Nugg126, how does this work. After you hit a tee shot do you set up for your second shot or do you just practice your swing from the mat? Does it simulate a proper golf game? Excuse the ignorance, this is a very cool setup you have there.

no apologies needed... after you hit you are given another distance to the flag and you change your club for the distance. You also can putt. Pretty accurate!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I live in Kansas and have played almost every weekend this year  :blink:

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

Very interested to see how the new GCQuad affects the GC2 resale market. Here's to hoping they institute a used + warranty program.

$700 discount and 6 month warranty on refurbished right now.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I'll have a GC2 and FSX here in a little over a month. Best part, I can simulate putting right next to the bay on a putting green. Anyone have experience with the fsx software and courses?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on the skytrak recently. I really love the unit. It does give accurate numbers. Is it a flight scope or trackman? No. Did I have that kind of cash for those machines? No. I have no information for you about customer service....but I did read a lot of online reviews and people do hate the customer service. It is nice to have realistic feedback while hitting balls into the net in my garage. I highly recommend the unit.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I had a flightscope hooked up with E6 software which was good, but needs more space. I am changing to a skytrak instead

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Are you keeping the FlightScope?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

There's good product support (fixing issues, releasing updates to make it better, listening to feedback) and then there's good customer support. I don't own one and have never called them, so just basing this off things I've read. They seem to be doing a decent job on product support and a crappy job at customer support.

That doesn't make the Skytrack a bad product.

It doesn't make it a bad product, but it makes it a bad product to buy if yours isn't perfect. Roll the dice and gamble on yours being perfect? No thanks. I'll wait until someone comes out with one they're willing to support.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I replaced my original hitting mat after 3 winters (about 12 months total), the Realfeel mat I replaced it with 2 years ago does feel better to me, and seems to be holding up better.

Sorry, I don't recall the brand / model of the first mat I purchased, but it wasn't cheap ;)

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Any preference for mats or has anybody found any real advantage to the $$$ ones like realfeel?

Do not cheap out on a mat if you are going to be using it extensively. A wrist injury isn't worth it. My real feel mat still looks great after four years of heavy usage. I have read on golf simulator forum of people using a lesser quality mat with a silicone gel mat underneath it and saving a little money that way but still getting good shock absorption.....

• Like 2

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Personally for skytrak I think the fiberbuilt is the best mat, and gives you the most accurate numbers, and won't hurt you on hitting down and through. But...(there is always a but) if you do simulation, its not the best for putting.  Thinking of making some sort of track system for the skytrak so I can put in front of the fiberbuilt.

But if you are doing the range or dynamic handicap testing this mat is fantastic.

:ping: G400 LST

:cleveland: Launcher HB 3W

:taylormade: P-790 2 Iron

:cleveland: CBX Irons 4-PW

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:taylormade:TP copper juno putter

Also check out P3 Pro - this one uses a series of infrared sensors set in a small rectangular piece of hardware (that's the LM and) that you hit off of, and that fits into a cut-out in side of the hitting mat.

So no camera or overhead projector and indirect light doesn't interfere.

You can buy different packages with a mat, or with a net and there are add-on courses. No other costs or subscriptions.

Cannot speak to the accuracy of the numbers it gives you, but it does give you basic LM data in addition to practice range and sim play.

Putting? Well.... it is what it is on an indoor sim....

Have not had any issued that required tech support ( but then for various stoopit reasons have not actually used it that much ... yet .... am cleaning out and reorganizing my garage.... [emoji106] ).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I have a nice outdoor shed and live up north.  I put an optishot inside and my son and I have been playing on it almost daily.  Is the system limited, absolutely.  It is not Foresight, Trackman or anything close to those.

I will say this.  My son has improved Tremendously by using this machine.  His set up and consistency with making solid contact with the golf ball have improved greatly.  Is it completely accurate, No.  For iron shots, it does a darn good job.  I have been using it and playing for roughly 2 months.  I am not trying to make changes, but just swinging and hitting shots and having some fun doing it. 

I was on a system a couple days ago doing a club fitting and the shots I was hitting on it were exactly like the shots I was hitting on the optishot. 

Again, depending on what you are trying to do.  For me it was get my son more excited about golf and have some fun in the winter.  It has accomplished that and more, especially if you do not have thousands to spend...

• Like 3

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock