Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Weather in your neck of the woods?

ole gray

Just think... in a few short months many of us will be complaining about having to wear jackets and how wearing so many layers affects our swing.  Some of you won't be playing at all.  Hot is not really that bad.

Not me!!   :D

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Going to be a bit windy and rainy tomorrow:

76°HI
RealFeel® 75°
Precipitation 70%
Some rain and wind from tropical rainstorm; heavy tropical rainfall will lead to flooding
Winds from the
NE 23 mph
Gusts: 34 mph

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Lucky in January, not so much in August

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Every other year when I was working, we had our professional society meeting in July in either Palm Desert, Phoenix, or Tucson.  We always had a golf tournament on the Sunday before the meeting.  Of course, the odd years that meeting was in July in either in Naples FL, Orlando, New Orleans, or Nashville, which was hot, muggy, and buggy.  I'll take the dry heat all the time.  Not much different than the 102-110 up here in the desert of Washington.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We have finally moved out of the extremely hot weather here in SC. After weeks on end of 90+ with indexes in the 100's we have finally broken the trend of Heat. The forecast for the next week or so is high 70's to low 80's, with low humidity levels. There is some rain forecasted, but we are getting into that time of year, plus al the storms and things off the coast right now, we are going to get some of the edges of Jose storms. Looking forward to playing golf in the coming weeks with much better weather.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We have finally moved out of the extremely hot weather here in SC. After weeks on end of 90+ with indexes in the 100's we have finally broken the trend of Heat. The forecast for the next week or so is high 70's to low 80's, with low humidity levels. There is some rain forecasted, but we are getting into that time of year, plus al the storms and things off the coast right now, we are going to get some of the edges of Jose storms. Looking forward to playing golf in the coming weeks with much better weather.

Good weather right around the corner!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

*sigh*

Going on 3 FEET of rain on the north side of Houston since Friday afternoon. 

I'm guessing there won't be a single course in operation for at least a week. Much more important things than golf but after being in the house for 5 straight days, I'd go spend pebble beach prices for a goat ranch course. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

*sigh*

I'm guessing there won't be a single course in operation for at least a week. Much more important things than golf but after being in the house for 5 straight days, I'd go spend pebble beach prices for a goat ranch course.

Hang in there, Texas is getting freakin hammered! Brutal...

Rick

Left Hand, 

I miss the heat.  I would take a 95 degree day over the 60 degree high wind downpour we had today.  I was freezing and could barely hold on to the club.  It has been cold all week.  It's too early for October weather.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I miss the heat. I would take a 95 degree day over the 60 degree high wind downpour we had today. I was freezing and could barely hold on to the club. It has been cold all week. It's too early for October weather.

60' temp OK, cold wind & rain no good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

heartbreaking seeing the photos and videos of Houston/Texas gulf coast area.

REALLY hope everyone is okay out there and able to find dry ground somewhere.  my thoughts go out to you and your family.  hopefully the worst is almost over.  

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Hey, If ya'll need a place to stay, the doors at Casa D' Hula are open. I just heard that I-10 West to San Antonio is closed at some locations, might have to find a way around that......

Thank you, that's extremely generous of you!

It would take 6 years for us to get 40 inches of rain!! It's been a wet year for us so far, a little over 5 inches, but none since early June. We should get 2 more inches the rest of the year.

In my neighborhood it ended up being 52.13 inches of rain!!

*sigh*

I feel ya bro....maybe you and I need to head towards San Antonio next weekend or something!

heartbreaking seeing the photos and videos of Houston/Texas gulf coast area.

REALLY hope everyone is okay out there and able to find dry ground somewhere. my thoughts go out to you and your family. hopefully the worst is almost over.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

Just to update everyone on my situation, my house is still under a mandatory evacuation I've been gone for three days and have no idea if I even have a house to go back home to.

Some very generous family friends have taken my wife, my stepson and I in and allowing us to live with them until the all clear is given for us to go back to our home.

The rains are over but the problem now is the rising river and bayous, our neighborhood sits on the bank of the Brazos River and is protected by levees. The levees are holding at the moment but the river is still rising there are homes in our neighborhood that I already have water in them we just don't know if ours is one of them because we got out early. The rivers are expected to crest sometime late Friday but they're saying we won't be out of the danger zone until maybe Sunday or Monday. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers I received plenty of messages on Facebook Twitter and other social media, it means more than you know!!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The leaves started changing last week. Ever so slightly, but it is happening. We only had two days above 80 this year. The most rainfall in a s long time. Frost warnings in August... I can only imagine what old man winter has in store for us this year. I'm guessing record low temps, and record snowfall.

The leaves started changing last week. Ever so slightly, but it is happening. We only had two days above 80 this year. The most rainfall in a s long time. Frost warnings in August... I can only imagine what old man winter has in store for us this year. I'm guessing record low temps, and record snowfall.

My 2 favorite times of the year!  Summer to fall and Winter to spring.... best golf weather ever.

Enjoy!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

My 2 favorite times of the year! Summer to fall and Winter to spring.... best golf weather ever.

Enjoy!

Your right, I just hate the 3 months of cold in between. That's what drive us to FL.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Your right, I just hate the 3 months of cold in between. That's what drive us to FL.

Yes... that 3 months can be brutal... it is kind of funny what happens when it ends though.

In the springtime up here it's like everyone comes out of hibernation and they start walking around and stopping to talk to you in the driveway and stuff.  Before that it is get out of the warm car into the warm house ASAP!

In regards to FL - the 3 or 4 summer months are what killed us when we lived in Atlanta.  I suppose Florida is similar.  Travelled there many times and that heat/humidity can be a killer!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Yes... that 3 months can be brutal... it is kind of funny what happens when it ends though.

In the springtime up here it's like everyone comes out of hibernation and they start walking around and stopping to talk to you in the driveway and stuff. Before that it is get out of the warm car into the warm house ASAP!

In regards to FL - the 3 or 4 summer months are what killed us when we lived in Atlanta. I suppose Florida is similar. Travelled there many times and that heat/humidity can be a killer!

We took the FL route. We felt it was easier to deal with a couple months heat/humidity vs months of snow, sleet & freezing rain. The last 2 winters in CT were so bad wifey wanted out!

We may do the snowbird thing in the future. We still love NE for at least 6 months of the year.

Rick

Left Hand, 

In the springtime up here it's like everyone comes out of hibernation and they start walking around and stopping to talk to you in the driveway and stuff. Before that it is get out of the warm car into the warm house ASAP!

In regards to FL - the 3 or 4 summer months are what killed us when we lived in Atlanta. I suppose Florida is similar. Travelled there many times and that heat/humidity can be a killer!

I enjoy late September thru the end of December for golfing. It's soooo frigging hot in July & August!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I enjoy late September thru the end of December for golfing. It's soooo frigging hot in July & August!

This August has been the worst in the last few years.

Rick

Left Hand, 

It's going to be bad this year.  It already started with Harvey.

"Disaster of biblical proportions...  human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's going to be bad this year. It already started with Harvey.

"Disaster of biblical proportions... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria."

U don't need bad weather for mass hysteria

Rick

Left Hand, 

Weather here is now perfect for golf - cool, low humidity, sunshine. Too bad it won't last here in northwest Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It's really, really hot and humid here right now. Might not be what you FL folks are used to, but for us, this is crazy!

Also, prayers out to anyone in/around Houston, or anyone with family there. Seeing that kind of stuff scares the s*** out of me, living on a small island where we have multiple hurricane warnings every year.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It's really, really hot and humid here right now. Might not be what you FL folks are used to, but for us, this is crazy!

Also, prayers out to anyone in/around Houston, or anyone with family there. Seeing that kind of stuff scares the s*** out of me, living on a small island where we have multiple hurricane warnings every year.

Can't believe that an area can get that much water, incredible.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The rainfall total for a lot of areas is going to be over 50 inches!!! That's just unheard of...in fact it's become the largest rainfall total from a Hurricane in History!

To put it in perspective Hurricane Katrina dropped 16 inches of rain on New Orleans.

I'm not saying that was any less of a disaster...but the amount of rain is mind blowing!!

Another chart said that the amount of water from Harvey, 19 TRILLION GALLONS in Texas, would keep Niagra Falls flowing for 285 days!!!!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The rainfall total for a lot of areas is going to be over 50 inches!!! That's just unheard of...in fact it's become the largest rainfall total from a Hurricane in History!

To put it in perspective Hurricane Katrina dropped 16 inches of rain on New Orleans.

I'm not saying that was any less of a disaster...but the amount of rain is mind blowing!!

Another chart said that the amount of water from Harvey, 19 TRILLION GALLONS in Texas, would keep Niagra Falls flowing for 285 days!!!!

Incredible!

Watching this unfold on TV has been nothing like we've ever seen. Going to be a long time for Texas and other areas hit to get back to normal. Safe safe guys.

Rick

Left Hand,