Home "Improvement"

Our Sponsors

Yes, at our age it's easier to remember things that happened long ago than things that happened yesterday.  

Yup....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost finished building myself a new smoker, will get it done tomorrow before seasoning it and hopefully getting some ribs cooked. Sunday morning   Monday afternoon   

We did a ton this year but this has to be my favorite. My parents helped us build this in our family room.  

We’ve been doing so much work outside. Of course it is sooo hot here we can do it early morning, or late a night. Still have some small things to do, but for the most part it’s ready to go. As I flipp

Posted Images

I FREAKING HATE PLUMBING. Worked all day to try and get my heat turned on. Started off okay after a little found a leak,  fix that, oh a new leak, fix that, oh another leak. Couldn't get it turned on today due to this and getting annoyed with chasing small leaks. Good thing they were all in the basement and the leaks will be fixed tomorrow and hopefully I can get that heat turned on.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I FREAKING HATE PLUMBING. Worked all day to try and get my heat turned on. Started off okay after a little found a leak,  fix that, oh a new leak, fix that, oh another leak. Couldn't get it turned on today due to this and getting annoyed with chasing small leaks. Good thing they were all in the basement and the leaks will be fixed tomorrow and hopefully I can get that heat turned on.

Baseboard?

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I used to be frustrated as well since I'd occasionally get pin hole leaks - then I found out about shark fittings. They're much more expensive then copper fittings but not having to deal with a propane torch and solder is well worth the extra cost. And best of all never had a leak.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Water always wins and it sucks...solder issues?

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Baseboard?

Yea

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I used to be frustrated as well since I'd occasionally get pin hole leaks - then I found out about shark fittings. They're much more expensive then copper fittings but not having to deal with a propane torch and solder is well worth the extra cost. And best of all never had a leak.

Had the biggest leak from one not working right it didn't want to connect to the old pipe very well

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

Water always wins and it sucks...solder issues?

A few everything looked good and then bang leak. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
48 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Yea

Had the biggest leak from one not working right it didn't want to connect to the old pipe very well

A few everything looked good and then bang leak. 

I feel your pain. Swapped out the kitchen faucet at the MIL's house and once it was all done and ready to test for leaks, I noticed it was leaking from where the p-trap joins the pipe that goes up to the sink strainer. Went to tighten the nut and noticed that the pipe had actually broken clean off, and the threads were still in the other pipe. Thought, "ok no big deal" and I'll just replace it. Go to loosen it, and the whole damn thing comes out of the strainer. Same thing, the threads were in the other pipe. So I spent the entire late afternoon/evening re-doing the entire plumbing under her sink.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

This is what I do for any temp repairs now. Will eventually swap everything to PEX if we add on but when I added water outside did all Shark fittings just so much quicker. Have not used on hot water yet though.

• Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

This is what I do for any temp repairs now. Will eventually swap everything to PEX if we add on but when I added water outside did all Shark fittings just so much quicker. Have not used on hot water yet though.

We fixed it today and I had run a ton of PEX for all my heating but you have to connect with copper to the furnace. I have heat again yay.

• Like 6
Stripped back the deck in the pool area and applied new oil. Wish I knew about the stuff I put on earlier. Removing the previous ugly yellow pigment was far from fun. Multiple goes with the pressure washer, oil stripper and a day of crawling around scrubbing by hand followed by more pressure washing just about did me in.
Fortunately it looks like it’s come up well.

After prep
2DC44AFC-5AF6-494C-A6CC-2275CC27B9CF.jpeg.d9398cc497850621888e9650890467b5.jpeg

1st coat

3EED0853-F7A6-47BF-86E8-495C2ECE5C84.jpeg.42e877b73b30c584b64926c5a3087c8d.jpeg
3rd coat
F47E15E1-EDAC-4EC8-8C14-50D147838D44.jpeg.573674078765e6ef246053c87819f896.jpeg

Came out great

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Great job Nolan, now come do my kitchen. Just got a first quote, $29k. Still looking.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

20 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Great job Nolan, now come do my kitchen. Just got a first quote, $29k. Still looking.

😱. We're going to have to redo kitchen in our recently purchased Florida home. I'm looking at lots of options for redoing it. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

On 10/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, tommc23 said:

Got the lower side of one room done and started on the second room. I'm beat from carrying drywall by myself up stairs finishing lower section of room 2 tomorrow before my dad comes and we run plumbing and put baseboards in and turn my heat on. At minimum turn my heat on.

20201031_151957.jpg

Hate to drywall .. looks good be careful carrying it 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

7 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Stripped back the deck in the pool area and applied new oil. Wish I knew about the stuff I put on earlier. Removing the previous ugly yellow pigment was far from fun. Multiple goes with the pressure washer, oil stripper and a day of crawling around scrubbing by hand followed by more pressure washing just about did me in.

Fortunately it looks like it’s come up well.

After prep

2DC44AFC-5AF6-494C-A6CC-2275CC27B9CF.jpeg.d9398cc497850621888e9650890467b5.jpeg

1st coat

3EED0853-F7A6-47BF-86E8-495C2ECE5C84.jpeg.42e877b73b30c584b64926c5a3087c8d.jpeg

3rd coat

F47E15E1-EDAC-4EC8-8C14-50D147838D44.jpeg.573674078765e6ef246053c87819f896.jpeg

Looks amazing good job

• Like 4

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

37 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Thank you ....That’s why I did it myself but went cheap, they put in those counter tops before we bought it so decided to save money by not replacing them and the cabinets are from the 90s but were custom made looked really nice once I sanded them .. so I add the top part and trim and paint to make them look somewhat in this decade .. my parents redid there kitchen last year and I think it was $25-$30k ... kitchens are really expensive .. hope you get a good price 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Thank you ....That’s why I did it myself but went cheap, they put in those counter tops before we bought it so decided to save money by not replacing them and the cabinets are from the 90s but were custom made looked really nice once I sanded them .. so I add the top part and trim and paint to make them look somewhat in this decade .. my parents redid there kitchen last year and I think it was $25-$30k ... kitchens are really expensive .. hope you get a good price 

Did you just reface the cabinets? We're thinking of that as an option - but will need to redo the countertops. Our current kitchen is blue Formica - countertops and cabinet faces. What were the previous owners thinking??? 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Did you just reface the cabinets? We're thinking of that as an option - but will need to redo the countertops. Our current kitchen is blue Formica - countertops and cabinet faces. What were the previous owners thinking??? 

I didn't do any veneers or anything they are the original cabinets .. I took the cabinet doors off did a deep clean to them and the frames and sanded them then bought self leveling paint from Benjamin Moore primer and the gray, used a sprayer to paint the doors for a smoother look.

• Like 4

. We're going to have to redo kitchen in our recently purchased Florida home. I'm looking at lots of options for redoing it. 

Choose the company you use to do any work in FL carefully. There are many good reputable ones but just as many preying on Seniors and “Seasonal Residents “.
I’m sure you’ll do your homework.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

huh?? formica cabinet faces??  Can't say I've ever run across that and I have seen some real head shakers in houses.....

not doubting you at all, just another one to add to the "what were they thinking" file....

• Like 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.