Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
KCLeo12

P2 Grips

Heavy line of grips. Lightest one is 95 grams. These would really mess up my swingweight. But I like the shape of them... too bad they don’t have a 60g model, or lightweight options on all of them, like Evnroll does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, bluesmandan76 said:

Heavy line of grips. Lightest one is 95 grams. These would really mess up my swingweight. But I like the shape of them... too bad they don’t have a 60g model, or lightweight options on all of them, like Evnroll does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be looking for the Tour line: same shape, lighter weight. The Aware Tour is 55g: https://p2grips.com/shop-putter-grips/p2-aware-tour/

• Like 4

I saw some guy on the Euro tour using what was called a Two Thumbs grip. Never hear of it.

Sorry for the semi-jack. I just didn't want to start a whole new Post.

I still like my React Tour. It's getting dirty though, white probably wasn't the best choice but it looked so good with my MGS putter cover!

Probably just go back to the stock Evnroll 62g though, the React is a tad large for my small pathetic hands 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I still like my React Tour. It's getting dirty though, white probably wasn't the best choice but it looked so good with my MGS putter cover!

Probably just go back to the stock Evnroll 62g though, the React is a tad large for my small pathetic hands 😂

How does the size compare to the standard Ping grip (PP60?)?  Isn't the profile similar as well?  If you can pull the grip off without destroying I would be willing to take it off your hands for a fair price.  I have the Aware, and would like to try one of the other profiles.

1 hour ago, romeopapazulu said:

How does the size compare to the standard Ping grip (PP60?)?  Isn't the profile similar as well?  If you can pull the grip off without destroying I would be willing to take it off your hands for a fair price.  I have the Aware, and would like to try one of the other profiles.

Just measured it:

1" across (where your thumbs rest)

4.5" around

It has a slight Pistol shape, nothing overly dramatic, and I think it's marginally "thicker" than the PP60 from when I rolled the Kushin at my local pro shop, but that's a very loose observation by me.

If you want to give me $5 so I can get someone to remove the grip nicely, and pay the shipping, it's yours. Just remember I live in Hawaii so It's probably going to be at least another $5 in shipping.

Looks like they have inked a deal to be the putter grip for M L A .
Just switched out the Forward grip that came on my MLA to an Aware Tour (found it on sale on eBay and asked the seller if it came with guaranteed 1-putts..... ).
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

@romeopapazulu has a slightly used React Tour en route!

Thanks for a smooth transaction -- I'll always vouch for you in the buy/sell/trade forum.

P2 grips are great, but are slightly too, dare I say, girthy for my taste. If you're familiar with the Evnroll grip (I think they're made by Winn and are based off of the 1.18x?) they're a little thicker than those.

• Like 1

[mention=75276]romeopapazulu[/mention] has a slightly used React Tour en route!
Thanks for a smooth transaction -- I'll always vouch for you in the buy/sell/trade forum.
P2 grips are great, but are slightly too, dare I say, girthy for my taste. If you're familiar with the Evnroll grip (I think they're made by Winn and are based off of the 1.18x?) they're a little thicker than those.

Have you tried the Aware Tour? It’s the smallest of all the P2 grips.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 12/31/2018 at 4:52 PM, KCLeo12 said:

Have you tried the Aware Tour? It’s the smallest of all the P2 grips.

I haven't, but I believe that's also the lightest one and would make my putter change swingweights? I don't care for that rectangle shape, feels like it causes me not to square the putter back up and I start putts out to the right.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:40 AM, yungkory said:

I haven't, but I believe that's also the lightest one and would make my putter change swingweights? I don't care for that rectangle shape, feels like it causes me not to square the putter back up and I start putts out to the right.

Yes it is lighter it will change to swing weight a little depending on the weight of your current grip. You could also go with the Core Aware which is closer to 100 grams I believe.

[mention=75276]romeopapazulu[/mention] has a slightly used React Tour en route!

Grip came today @yungkory!!! Thanks again! I think I like it. It looks like it has the profile of the standard Ping grip (pp60?) but fits my hands much better. I always thought the top of the PP60 was too wide and the front/side edges were too sharp. This one still has the flat top but the edges are a bit more rounded off.

I wear a cadet medium large glove, and this is probably the limit for grip diameter for me. I can’t imagine the Reflex. That must feel like a tube of pringles.

• Like 1

Grip came today [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention]!!! Thanks again! I think I like it. It looks like it has the profile of the standard Ping grip (pp60?) but fits my hands much better. I always thought the top of the PP60 was too wide and the front/side edges were too sharp. This one still has the flat top but the edges are a bit more rounded off.

I wear a cadet medium large glove, and this is probably the limit for grip diameter for me. I can’t imagine the Reflex. That must feel like a tube of pringles.

Glad I could find it a good home!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 12/23/2018 at 6:16 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

oh-my-takei.gif

VERY excited to put this on my Tour Classic. Time to hit some flagsticks!

EBA1A4F8-1628-4C6F-AE05-D52C681E4F31.jpeg9CF4698D-C53E-4C73-B6C4-307E398C6CA3.jpeg

The black/green combo probably looks better but I already had a SS in that scheme so I went with the white/green. Nothing like that new grip feel. 

• Like 1