Weight Loss Thread

Our Sponsors

Weighing in as suggested by @RickyBobby_PR daily. Dropped 4 pounds this week doing my normal thing.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only suggestion is one that works for everyone every time. It's not in a book, seen on TV, or the web. Doesn't require any special shopping or meal plan subscriptions. You can eat any food you like

I'm in. I'll avoid shirtless posts, but I assume bottomless are still ok.

Alrighty! These quests always work better when there's a group and there's a little friendly competition involved. I know I don't want to be the guy who actually gains weight during this challenge...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Weighing in as suggested by @RickyBobby_PR daily. Dropped 4 pounds this week doing my normal thing.

Congrats. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

My wife and I started intermittent fasting back in July, I lost 36 pounds in 4 months, then the holidays hit and the fasting kinda fell by the wayside....the only good news is I only gained 12 of the 36 back.....it’s time to get back on the IF wagon and see if I can drop another 30 lbs or so.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

As I was cleaning up the house today I realized I've gone a little hard on the literature around my golf game but I am proud that the Run Your Butt Off book is part of this collection.

All joking aside it's a great running program to take someone from no running at all to getting to wherever they can get to. PXL_20210121_132222061.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-GW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
black-logo.png SW, LW Single Length Irons
:nike-small:  IC 2015A; :odyssey-small: DF 552
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer :ping-small:  late 90's Hoofer; image.png.685b0b07694f3d3c597a6f5782faf287.pngmid 60's Canvas Bag
image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Got my annual next week so I'm going to chat with my doc about my diet to make sure I'm eating properly. I've been tracking my intake and based on what I've seen, my protein percentage seems to be on the lower side. Of course I'm diagnosing that from the FitBit app and Google 🙂 I'm definitely keeping an eye on portions which is helping but I want to make sure that I'm eating the right stuff, not just what I *think* is the right stuff. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

It's amazing what your weight does on a daily basis. xxx one day, 1lb lighter the next, back to xxx the next. I'm finding it fascinating.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

It's amazing what your weight does on a daily basis. xxx one day, 1lb lighter the next, back to xxx the next. I'm finding it fascinating.

On my vegan thread I was weighing daily, it was pretty amazing to see. I know they say dont look at it daily because of that but I just wanted to see the day to day changes. I was seeing major drops every like 1 1/2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

6 minutes ago, MattF said:

The body is a weird thing. This week I had 3 days in a row at the same bw and bf% then on day 4 it jumped a little over 1lb and .1% bf and today is day 2 at the same number. My meals are pretty consistent day in and day out. My first and 4th meal are the same every day with the 4th sometimes having more protein if I need to add some to reach my daily intake. Meals 2 rotates between two different prepped meals and meal 3 has 3-4 meals in the rotation. Meal 5 is pretty consistent with just tweaking what I eat based on remaining macros.

• Like 2

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

On my vegan thread I was weighing daily, it was pretty amazing to see. I know they say dont look at it daily because of that but I just wanted to see the day to day changes. I was seeing major drops every like 1 1/2 weeks. 

I think it varies on the person. Some people get anxious and stressed over the number on the scale so it’s recommended they not always use the scale to help relieve that.

On the other hand weighing oneself daily right after using the bathroom is how to best track weight. You use the weekly abg to see the level of progress. As for how much one should lose weekly depends on how much body fat one has and how much they want to lose. The safe range for those with some body fat is in the .6-1.2lb per week. Those with real high body fat can go higher but iirc 4lbs/week is what most experts recommend. Sometimes it make take 2 or more fat loss cycles for some to reach their goal just to avoid being in a deficit for too long on real low calories.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The body is a weird thing. This week I had 3 days in a row at the same bw and bf% then on day 4 it jumped a little over 1lb and .1% bf and today is day 2 at the same number. My meals are pretty consistent day in and day out. My first and 4th meal are the same every day with the 4th sometimes having more protein if I need to add some to reach my daily intake. Meals 2 rotates between two different prepped meals and meal 3 has 3-4 meals in the rotation. Meal 5 is pretty consistent with just tweaking what I eat based on remaining macros.

I can tell you that my breakfast is exactly the same 6 days a week. Lunch is the exactly the same 4 days a week. Monday I have a sandwich instead of a salad. Dinner is where it's different, could be fish or pork or chicken or lamb not too much beef. Weekends are very different in that I don't eat lunch and I usually do something "big" for Saturday because I have the time, like BBQ or in the winter, a stew that's been simmered for hours.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

I can tell you that my breakfast is exactly the same 6 days a week. Lunch is the exactly the same 4 days a week. Monday I have a sandwich instead of a salad. Dinner is where it's different, could be fish or pork or chicken or lamb not too much beef. Weekends are very different in that I don't eat lunch and I usually do something "big" for Saturday because I have the time, like BBQ or in the winter, a stew that's been simmered for hours.

I used to be that way. Dinner was where I would change my protein source and sometimes vegetable. I’ve been doing meal delivery service since last March or April so that’s where my flexibility comes in. On the weekends I’ll make changes especially during golf season

• Like 1

Down 5 lbs. doing yoga 3-4 days a week with 5 days of exercise including cardio and weights. 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS3 8.5 D Hazardous Smoke Black

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped 3lbs in January which is OK by me. I'm not looking to bulk up or drop massive weight, just trying to stay active and healthy. When I work out in the morning, I just feel better all day, and the more I move, the better my back feels.

I've been going to the gym at the Y 3-4 mornings a week, but I've decided to stop and work out from home instead. The gym there is small, and half the machines are closed off. If there's 4-5 people there, it's not a problem to do a dumbbell workout and some cardio. But lately I haven't been able to get on a machine since they're all taken up, and there's more people there who aren't so great about maintaining distance or respecting cleaning/sanitizing policies. This close to getting my shots, I really don't want to risk anything. 

My wife is a Beachbody on Demand fan, she's been using it for a few years so this week I've started one of their programs in the morning. Warmup week is only 20 mins per day this week, then starting next week it's 30-40 mins 4 days per week. We already have weights and resistance bands so that end of things is ready to go. That'll work out well with my work schedule, and hopefully I can keep it up when I have to start going back to the office full time in April. By that point too I'll be able to get back to biking outside, so the combo of workouts + riding will be nice.

• Like 3

Good one @russtopherb!

I forgot to update my month. I lost 2.5 pounds in the 2.5 weeks of January that I tracked it. Still doing 20,000+ steps 5 days a week and 10,000+ on the weekends. It's starting to pay dividends.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Bag: 

I ate like a pig between Thanksgiving & New Years, I tend to this every year, and put on 16 lbs. Started back on a keto diet in January and am tracking my progress with weekly weigh-ins and a spread sheet. So far, so good. Honestly, I really don't care how much I weigh, but rather how loose/tight my pants are. I just know that around 174 is where my clothes fit the best and I feel more energetic. 2111885227_ScreenShot2021-02-02at10_09_55AM.png.5e409356965b86872ba08324b3d3f45e.png

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly or weakly update. Still going strong, although the other day I wasn't where I wanted to be with my step count for the day, so I ended up doing 4 miles when I got home. 1 hour 5 minutes at 3.8mph. I was a sweaty mess.

However on Monday I gained 2lbs overnight and it's taken me the whole week to get that off...dunno, but onward and upward.

In the bag:
Bag: 

Just finished my first full week of LIIFT 4 today. Makes me think I was doing my lifting at the gym completely wrong. There were a number of exercises where I had to drastically go down in weight to maintain the proper form they were showing. My biceps and legs are SORE. There was one set yesterday where I just had to go with bodyweight for the last reps because I was toast. Getting my butt kicked but it's worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to this roller coaster ride.  Got to start healthy choices again since I can't work out much at this point.  I should be able to do a bit more next week, but no cardio for a while until I am healed up from this achilles surgery.  

Going to get my diet in order in the time being so that I can hit the ground running (literally) when approved by doc to do so.   Roughly 225 right now with goal weight of 205 by June (ie Hilton Head Vacation).  Definitely doable with smarter choices.  Weight is just a figure to put out there.  Feeling better and looking leaner is more important than the number.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

I too had a bit of a roller coaster ride last week. Up overall by 1lb...head scratching.

In the bag:
Bag: