RP58

3-wood shaft in my Driver

I thought the same thing until I saw it with my own 2 eyes. Ask OG, I'm sure he would agree right now that a better fit is doing him more justice than chopping an inch off his previous gamer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No doubt, but from what I've heard and responses I've gotten from a fitting suggestion, that cost of shaft and fitting is a couple more rounds of golf they'd rather have. I wholeheartedly agree that a proper fitting will give you better results than cutting an inch of a stock shaft

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, I'll be interested in hearing how your approach goes.

But, might I also suggest you try my idea (3w shaft in D) as well. ... I mean, for you, it is as easy as loosening a couple of screws and swapping heads. ^_^

Indeed I may go back to that and sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. My weakling mind just thinks that I may have a "similar" result by shortening my D shaft as I had when I used the 3w shaft in the D last weekend. Again, this is a stop-gap experiment until I get fitted for a new driver, and YES, swapping around shafts for me is super easy!

No doubt, but from what I've heard and responses I've gotten from a fitting suggestion, that cost of shaft and fitting is a couple more rounds of golf they'd rather have. I wholeheartedly agree that a proper fitting will give you better results than cutting an inch of a stock shaft

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

My "chop" job seems to be a success thus far. The 1" shorter D shaft gave me way more control yesterday than I've ever had before-and a lot more confidence. RP58's personal experiment continuing on with the 3w shaft seems to also be a viable test as his results sound similar to mine doing the same. Would never have thought of such a thing if not for this thread which is why I enjoy the chatter out here with all of you! B)

• Like 2

The experiment continues....

Haven't been able to play for a couple of weeks, but I got my second round with my 3-wood shaft in my driver experiment today. ... And the honeymoon continues.

I hit more fairways today than I did all last year, and on select holes when I wanted to dial up kill I could hit a moonball out chasing ol' 300. I feel like I'm getting tuned into the shorter shaft, and feeling a lot more confident on the teebox. After a long winter, and months of not swinging a club, I can't want until my golf muscles come back.

As always, your results may differ...

Awesome stuff there RP! Fingers crossed here that your index shrinks closer that scratch barrier!!!

• Like 1

It was noted earlier that .. in general .. a 3W shaft will be heavier vs a driver shaft. Another spec that can also be different is the torque .. in general .. a 3W shaft can have a lower torque. As I understand it, this may affect "feel" and forgiveness, BUT - that all depends, of course, on the individual player and their swing, tempo, head/shaft combo, etc etc.