Shankster

Could he be?

Our Sponsors

He needs to stay healthy. To be having wrist problems at 28, that could be a big deal. IF he can stay healthy, and keep the putter working, he could have a grand slam in a few years.

I don't personally mind even keeled. I think it shows and takes a lot of maturity to be so calm.

If he had the fan base as DJ or Spieth, he would get the next guy talk.

I do think that he needs to win a few non-majors so he doesn't start to put pressure on himself to only win majors.

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The fan base is growing. He has a nice guy attitude, skills, seems to enjoy himself out there. I wouldn't count him out at Augusta in the spring.

• Like 3

The fan base is growing. He has a nice guy attitude, skills, seems to enjoy himself out there. I wouldn't count him out at Augusta in the spring.

My wife commented a couple weeks ago is that BK comes off as arrogant. Personally, I don't see it, but if others perceive it, he could end up as the "villain".

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 96 mph

My wife commented a couple weeks ago is that BK comes off as arrogant. Personally, I don't see it, but if others perceive it, he could end up as the "villain".

I can see it... a little. But definitely will have the villain label. Especially if he keeps putting Tiger in 2nd.

I really don't see him falling off the map at all. If he stays healthy it is his show for the foreseeable future. Doesn't seem to let the pressure get to him.

• Like 2

He has fan appeal. He needs a good manager to get him out there. But maybe he doesn't want the attention.

He doesn't want the attention.

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I was in the Koepka train even before his first US Open win. Litteraly had him as my choice in the Wilson contest then changed to DJ at the last minute thinking DJ would be really motivated to not let BK get him on majors this year.

He seems to have the missing link that is killing DJ, Rory and Spieth these days. No cold streaks with the putter. If he is able to maintain this level of putting he's going to win a bunch more Majors.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WAIT just one second, I didn't think putting mattered anymore. I thought we were supposed to just hit it as far as we can and we would be better. Now you're telling me putting matters!  :o  :D

• Like 5

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I like BK. I think he's being portrayed as a villian to Tigers story book rise back to the winners circle unfairly so. If Tiger wasn't in the field, would fans be commenting in a negative light? Fact is he's getting it done by winning majors and Tiger was just a casualty in his quest to win the US Open. I expect him to win more and after watching Tiger this weekend, I also expect him to win as well. Can't wait until they are in the final pairing at a tourney. That will be something to watch!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: F8 One Length 4-LW with the Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics:Arccos:

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

Seeing as I live in Tallahassee, and this is FSU land, I was telling a buddy this morning that they need to put a bronze statue of Brooks out in front of the Seminole golf course now, because he's a legend locally now.

All that said, give it some time to marinate.  Spieth has 3 majors, and maybe it's just my hunch, but I'd be surprised to see him win another one anytime soon.  Rory has 4 majors, but he's been in neutral for the better part of 4 years now, and basically MIA in majors.  DJ wins his US Open, and everyone and their mother falls in love with him (and the guys all want Paulina), but right now you have to start wondering what trajectory DJ's career takes.  Back in 2015 I thought Jason Day would simply spend the next few years steamrolling everyone on the way to winning everything.  Then he got sick, and has about 10,000 excuses, health wise, or emotional wise why he is one and done.

I'll reserve full judgment until he surpasses Mickelson's major count, as the emotion of the moment would have me believe this is no one trick pony.  But as I've stated with the examples above, anytime you try and anoint the last winner of a major as the next Tiger, they all seem to flounder.

Now if we can just get Rickie Fowler's major wins totals to match his celebrity status, and all will be right in the world.

• Like 1

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

3 majors in 2 years. Pretty impressive. Who is the last person besides Spieth to do that?

If you look back over the past 18 years lots of guys have come and gone. I'm not saying he is not a keeper. I just think the jury is still out.

The PGA is so darn competitive these days. I think you could write an entire thesis on the evolution of golf over the past 20 plus years. That paper would have three main areas of focus; Tiger Woods, Balls and Equipment in that order.

Tiger made golf cool so you had more athletic kids getting into golf over sports that in the past they would have navigated to. Tiger also made Golf fitness more of a thing so those same athletic kids spent more time in the gym than in the streets.

Second is the golf ball which flies straighter and further than ever before. If you have some old Titliest Professionals laying around go out and hit them with your new M4 Driver. You might be surprised at the distance and accuracy you immediately lose.

Finally, equipment is more forgiving than ever and we can through custom fitting really dial in your shot patterns. Guys and girls hit it longer and straighter than ever before and Golf ⛳️ courses have not caught up with the new standard distance.

I say all this because while BK is definitely a really good player the competition is so fierce I don't believe we will ever see another guy dominate the tour even remotely close to how Tiger did during his run.

• Like 1

I think it's gonna be another stretch of time where you have a “top tier” of players all with a story line. DJ the number one (for now), Koepka and Thomas hitting their stride, Jordan chasing The Slam. Depending on your preference you even have your heel players in fellas like Reed and an ongoing rules feud with Bryson vs. usga. To get back on subject though Koepka definitely has the skill to make that threesome into a foursome.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I say all this because while BK is definitely a really good player the competition is so fierce I don't believe we will ever see another guy dominate the tour even remotely close to how Tiger did during his run.

There have been three players that have totally dominated the game, at least in my opinion.

Bobby Jones

Jack Nicklaus

Tiger Woods

Bobby played in the 1920-1930's

Jack played in the 1960-1980's

Tiger played from 97' - 2008 and maybe beyond as the jury is still out.

30 some years between Jones and Nicklaus, and then 20 some years between Jack and Tiger.  I'm betting the next superstar is out there at the moment, and he may just be in diapers at the moment.

The unpolitically correct thing that no one will either openly say, or admit to, and is the 10,000 pound elephant in the room is that because Tiger is black, I believe this has added to the attention he has received from the media and the fans.  He's essentially the only black golfer to be unbelievably successful, and in this day and age people just automatically gravitate towards that.  You can deny that race has played a factor in all of this, but I've never seen the buzz like Tiger got before he had even turned pro.  He won three straight Junior Ams, and then three straight US Ams, and everyone went nuts.  

Now I'm not arguing that Tiger's race has anything to do with his success on the golf course, but I will say that if you give Tiger the same galleries that other players get, that lack of energy and enthusiasm I think can play a factor into the success you have on the course.  Flip that argument around and look at the overall track record of players who were paired with Tiger at majors for many years.  Tiger would go out and shoot 67, and his playing partners would all be out of the tournament by the 3rd or 4th hole and never heard from again.  And you can't sit there and tell me that all of the commotion and chaos surrounding what Tiger gets from the fans doesn't have an effect on how certain players play on the golf course at that moment.  Heck, I'm a nervous wreck playing in a tournament with NO ONE watching me.  I can't even imagine having the masses screaming for Tiger Woods in my backswing or while I was trying to line up a putt.

• Like 1

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Pretty sure his 3 majors will get him a HOF nod.

• Like 1

BK is a beast but not ready for this level. The past few years we have discussed Spieth, DJ, Jason Day, Rory, and JT as the next heir apparent. BK seems to step it up in the majors and could care less about the other events. He is the flavor of the year, unquestionably a talented player, but will need to sustain over a longer period of time and win more regularly to be in the conversation. I think he has a great chance at being a HOF type player. Win a couple more majors, a few more tournaments etc.

• Like 2

Only 5 players in the history of the game have yet to be enshrined in the World Golf Hall-of-Fame with at least 3 major championship victories.  Two never played the game after 1882.  The other three are Padraig Harrington, Jordan Spieth and Brooks Koepka.  All too young at this point to be considered.

There are only 28 players with more than 3 major championships in the 150 year history of the game!  What Koepka has done in two seasons is extraordinarily rare in this game!

That's not to suggest he's the greatest of all time.  But what he has accomplished in two seasons has only been accomplished by a handful of players...........ever!

• Like 6

Only 5 players in the history of the game have yet to be enshrined in the World Golf Hall-of-Fame with at least 3 major championship victories.  Two never played the game after 1882.  The other three are Padraig Harrington, Jordan Spieth and Brooks Koepka.  All too young at this point to be considered.

There are only 28 players with more than 3 major championships in the 150 year history of the game!  What Koepka has done in two seasons is extraordinarily rare in this game!

That's not to suggest he's the greatest of all time.  But what he has accomplished in two seasons has only been accomplished by a handful of players...........ever!

2 major victories is automatic berth in hall of fame. Once they hit 50 they are in. 

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 major victories is automatic berth in hall of fame. Once they hit 50 they are in. 

Two majors isn't "automatic" but it's darned close.

Just off the top of my head, a short list of 2 time major champions who aren't in the World Golf Hall-of-Fame.

• Andy North
  • John Daly
  • Fuzzy Zoeller
  • Olin Dutra
  • John McDermott
  • Like 2

My simple answer is... I hope so. Golf is hard and many "would be" greats have come and gone or at least gone cold. I hope Koepka continues to dominate in majors. It would also be really interesting if he continued to win more majors than regular tournaments. I'm not sure how common that is. He is likable and talented. I hope his game continues to shine because that will only bring stiffer competition. Tiger dominated and shortly after you had a whole new level of competition around him. I hope we see the same with Koepka.

• Like 2

WAIT just one second, I didn't think putting mattered anymore. I thought we were supposed to just hit it as far as we can and we would be better. Now you're telling me putting matters!  :o  :D

yes it matters, and if you had seen my putting round on Saturday, you would have witnessed a first hand example  :D

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

This season is the first season I've really watched any golf in years. Since I was a kid in the tiger era. So im new to most of the players out there. I knew their names from being a general sports fan but that's about it. I'm also younger than most around here and I wanted to share some insights on the guys I really like to watch.

So Fast forward, having watched several tournaments this year and 3 of the 4 majors. Players I really like watching are JT, Finau, and BK. Honestly before this tournament there hasnt been much coverage of BK.

But The dude is just awesome. Cold, fierce, respectful, accurate and good Lord the distance. I loved watching him. Never even flinched with the Tiger roars going on. He's got my vote. I hope I get to see alot more of him going forward.

Also I like watching JT cause he defies the laws of physics. One day he's gonna snap that left ankle from the torque. But it's crazy fun to watch that little dude bomb it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19