Mizuno JPX 919 Iron Family

Our Sponsors

I've had my hot metal pros for a little over two weeks and have only hit inside on the simulator (stupid northern Indiana weather), but so far I am loving them.  Great numbers and nice tight dispersion.  Looks like the weather is going to break here this week, so cant wait to get on the course.  Will update after some rounds.

20190319_194938.jpg

20190308_192331.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had another great range session with my 919 Tours.  My iron striking is currently at an all time high.  I am smushing the ball.  I thought my Mizunos felt good, but now I'm absolutely compressing the

They do a great job of "hiding" the help.   900 Tour on the left, 919 Forged on the right, both 7 irons.  

Posted Images

On 3/19/2019 at 9:24 PM, PMookie said:

Played a full 18 tonight after work with the sole purpose of trying to figure out my distances with the HM Pros. The wind was blowing a full club, so it made it tougher. They seem to be a full club longer, or a LITTLE longer loft-to-loft. A couple times I hit the PW over 140, which leaves me a big game between that and my 50*, but we’ll see for sure. I’ll tell you what, though, even though they aren’t forged, they feel/sound REALLY good on flushed shots!

A few shots stood out: I had 196 to the center of the green on 18 with a 1/2 club wind behind me at that point.... 7 iron landed on about 3 paces shy of center. 193 with the wind. Good gracious. I hit 4 iron five yards short of the green from 233 out... Holy cow, these are FUN!!! And, no, I didn’t get rollout on the greens! They come in steeply, and I even backed-up a hammered 9 iron, and once with the PW. Reeeeeally nice irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! How does dispersion compare with your i210s?

Nice! How does dispersion compare with your i210s?

Not sure yet as this was my first real round and I’m trying to figure out distances. Front to back seems to be what I saw in the fitting- much tighter. Left to right is harder to tell because the swing is nowhere near in summer form.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Not sure yet as this was my first real round and I’m trying to figure out distances. Front to back seems to be what I saw in the fitting- much tighter. Left to right is harder to tell because the swing is nowhere near in summer form.

These sound like they may give your i210 a real run for their money. I ordered my 919 Tour and absolutely love them, but had these been out prior to ordering they may have tempted me away

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

I hit the hot metal pros today and I was like Iron Byron. Tempted!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

These HM Pros are LONG! I need another wedge between my PW and 50*!

Fwy: 

Isn’t your PW 45deg? Should be a perfect bridge to your 50deg... what is the yardage gap between them?

Yes, it’s 45, but the way these are designed, they go farther than my previous PW. I don’t have it narrowed down, but it’s over 20 yards...

Fwy: 

Yes, it’s 45, but the way these are designed, they go farther than my previous PW. I don’t have it narrowed down, but it’s over 20 yards...

Could you strengthen the 50? I’m assuming you don’t use that one as your sand iron so a little loss of bounce should go un-noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Could you strengthen the 50? I’m assuming you don’t use that one as your sand iron so a little loss of bounce should go un-noticed.

Yeah, not messing with it as Edel wedges have very little bounce/flange

Fwy: 

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, not messing with it as Edel wedges have very little bounce/flange

Oh sorry - I should have checked your signature -

I'm that way with my SCORs - I'd just hunt ebay before I would have them bent

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have an indoor golf and training center near my house and decided to stop by today since I was off work. Have had iron sets on my mind, specifically the 919 line, so I scheduled a fitting and stopped by. Hit the Hot Metal Pro, 919 Forged and the p790 against my CF16. I really wanted something to beat them out, but regardless of what we tried, nothing did. Carry and Distance were all within a yard of my set, ball speed was within 1 mph, and launch angles were all consistent, regardless of the shaft we tried.

I will say though, the 919 Forged felt fantastic. Lost 5 yards of carry and 5 yards overall compared to the others, but man they might have been the best feeling iron I've ever hit. 

• Like 2

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Have an indoor golf and training center near my house and decided to stop by today since I was off work. Have had iron sets on my mind, specifically the 919 line, so I scheduled a fitting and stopped by. Hit the Hot Metal Pro, 919 Forged and the p790 against my CF16. I really wanted something to beat them out, but regardless of what we tried, nothing did. Carry and Distance were all within a yard of my set, ball speed was within 1 mph, and launch angles were all consistent, regardless of the shaft we tried.

I will say though, the 919 Forged felt fantastic. Lost 5 yards of carry and 5 yards overall compared to the others, but man they might have been the best feeling iron I've ever hit. 

I never played the CF16, but there were many reports of “hot spots” on the face that caused extra distance and happened when the player didn’t expect it. Have you had those?

Fwy: 

6 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

They do feel amazing, don't they? That's why I'm still on the fence about keeping my CF16 or getting the 919F.
No noticeable improvement for me either.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

They do feel amazing, don't they? That's why I'm still on the fence about keeping my CF16 or getting the 919F.
No noticeable improvement for me either.

Yea. I could live with 5 yard loss with how they feel. If I can find a good deal on one I might jump on it

Update...I've gotten about 4 rounds outside on my hot metal pros and all I can say is wow.  The feeling is out of this world.  Nice tight baby draw.  Excellent trajectory and a nice tight dispersion.  About 5 yards longer than more old rsi2's.  The 4 iron is still a love/hate relationship but 5 thru gap have been money.  I'm definitely glad I made the switch.  Looking to lower the ole handicap a few more notches this year.

• Like 4

Despite not getting the same distance as my CF16 set, really contemplating getting a set of 919 forged and getting the lofts to match my CF16. Those just felt so good...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I went to the range today, FINALLY, and was able to work on drills. Once I got to the full-swing, these HM Pros were money. I was knocking down a post at 163 with my 8 iron, with most going right over the top. Feel, flight, and dispersion were fantastic.

• Like 1

Fwy: 

Had my HM Pro’s at the range today. These clubs are exactly what I need in a club. Plenty of help while looking amazing. Mishits get more distance than I probably deserve but I’ll take it!

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track