Pollie017

Mizuno JPX 919 Iron Family

I think thats a valid question.  But would be answered by saying 

I think it is an opportunity to give the player who wants slightly less GI features such as offset and Topline look of the HM  but wants the increased ball speed from the face and construction of the Hot Metal. 

And let's not forget the HM price vs the Fieged. A way to get a bit more player profile look at a couple hundred less dollars. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kanoito said:

LOL what happened, dude?

So if it's a blend between the Hot Metal and Forged, why is it placed between the Forged and Tour?

I pulled the trigger on some 790’s-

got a great deal, so too hard to pass on

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think thats a valid question.  But would be answered by saying 

I think it is an opportunity to give the player who wants slightly less GI features such as offset and Topline look of the HM  but wants the increased ball speed from the face and construction of the Hot Metal. 

And let's not forget the HM price vs the Fieged. A way to get a bit more player profile look at a couple hundred less dollars. 

This is how I look at it as well and what I'm really looking for in my irons that I'll do for my first iron fitting in the next month or so. 

Super excited for these and the g410 as they have a smaller profile than a normal GI iron. 

• Like 1

This is how I look at it as well and what I'm really looking for in my irons that I'll do for my first iron fitting in the next month or so. 
Super excited for these and the g410 as they have a smaller profile than a normal GI iron. 

I didn't take any pics of the G410 irons. But looked them over pretty well. Definitely not chunky as the G400. But still show enough forgiveness to put you at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I didn't take any pics of the G410 irons. But looked them over pretty well. Definitely not chunky as the G400. But still show enough forgiveness to put you at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Those will certainly be what on my fitting list. 

• Like 1

Why do these companies have to taunt me with such beautiful offerings....😁😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Why do these companies have to taunt me with such beautiful offerings....😁😎

Told you they looked good! Haha

• Like 1

Yet another option to add to my long list of iron sets to try....haha. Love the look of the 919 line. Never have hit Mizuno's...but with the Forged, Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pro....there's definitely options!

On 2/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, patrickleeleep said:

Has anyone seen a more concrete release date for these? I have read February but havent seen any dates. 

I wanna say March 7 sticks in my mind.  But don't quote me.  

The guy at GG is going to let me know when he hears back from their rep. Apparently that store is getting a full Mizuno fitting cart for irons, wedges, woods, etc. 

I’m praying they have these at Club Champion soon!!! Worse comes to worst, there’s a big demo day March 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Talked with Mizuno yesterday. All info on these will release tomorrow, and should be available to hit at big-box stores as well. Really interested in trying them!

• Like 1

Just got to hit them today at a golf show.

They were less clunky than I expected, which is good. But after hitting them side by side with the 919F, they had a clickier feel, for obvious reasons. And about 6 yards longer than the 919F as well.

I think my final choice will come down to 919F vs 785. 

• Like 2

Looks like no lefty love with the HM Pros 😭😭

Can someone explain to me the differences between the 4 JPX products, I know the Hot Metal is on the game improvement side and the tour is the blade version, but how does the tour differ from the MP-18 and How much different are the Hot Metal Pro and Forged from the Hot Metal and the Tour? I think what Mizuno does the worst job of, from the perspective of the average consumer, is clearly differentiating the pros and cons of each product they offer. I've looked at their irons countless times on their corporate site and I am never impressed with their product details and definitions. They basically all say that they are forgiving, long, and have maximum feel...

I love the look of all Mizuno products and I desperately want some one day but I they aren't helping themselves much for the average joe who wants some off the rack irons. Seriously though, someone explain please... I would sacrifice distance over height and accuracy in a second, but I need some forgiveness, I'm curious what blanket category that throws me into in this JPX Line. I'm guessing the forged but have no idea...

They were less clunky than I expected, which is good. But after hitting them side by side with the 919F, they had a clickier feel, for obvious reasons. And about 6 yards longer than the 919F as well.

I hit both of those the other day. There was no comparison in feel as the 785s felt really hard! I was shocked! The feel of the 919 Forged isn’t as nice as the MP-18 SC I had, but a lot better than my Ping i210s. I’m hoping to try the HMP tomorrow.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, Kanoito said:

919f are definitely more similar to the 585. The 785s fall in between the forged and pro, but definitely closer to the pro. 

The line that stands says it best about the lineup is a quote from Chris Voshall.  The Brand Manager for Mizuno Golf NA and a heavy background in Mizuno R&D.   "If we were to only make one iron, it would be the JPX 919 Forged" 

So basically that says it's the best of everything in the JPX lineup, considering measureables.  Feel, forgiveness and distance.   It's not as long as the Hot Metal or HM Pro, but a bit longer and more forgiving than the Tour.  

Ranked from easiest to hit to most demanding looks like this. 

Hot Metal

Hot Metal Pro

Forged 

Tour

Then in the MP lineup. 

MP18 MB

MPCB

MPSC

MMC

And from what I understand the MMC even being the least demanding of the MP series, is still more demanding than the JPX Tour. 

A bit more on the HM Pro slotting.  It is designed for the player that likes all the HM has to offer in terms of fast ball speed due to construction but wanted a slightly smaller head profile with slightly less offset.  

Hope that helps some. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The line that stands says it best about the lineup is a quote from Chris Voshall.  The Brand Manager for Mizuno Golf NA and a heavy background in Mizuno R&D.   "If we were to only make one iron, it would be the JPX 919 Forged" 

So basically that says it's the best of everything in the JPX lineup, considering measureables.  Feel, forgiveness and distance.   It's not as long as the Hot Metal or HM Pro, but a bit longer and more forgiving than the Tour.  

Ranked from easiest to hit to most demanding looks like this. 

Hot Metal

Hot Metal Pro

Forged 

Tour

Then in the MP lineup toughest to easiest....wait make that less tough. Not easiest.  Ha 

MP18 MB

MPCB

MPSC

MMC

And from what I understand the MMC even being the least demanding of the MP series, is still more demanding than the JPX Tour. 

A bit more on the HM Pro slotting.  It is designed for the player that likes all the HM has to offer in terms of fast ball speed due to construction but wanted a slightly smaller head profile with slightly less offset.  

Hope that helps some.