tony@CIC

$90 for doz golf balls???

There’s always a smaller market for the expense account and conspicuous consumption crowds, and they’re relatively recession proof. Exclusivity is an expected hallmark, so membership is all part of the “allure” - after all anyone can buy a box of Pro V1’s...nothing special.

Edited by Middler

21 minutes ago, Middler said:

There’s always a smaller market for the expense account and conspicuous consumption crowds, and they’re relatively recession proof. Exclusivity is an expected hallmark, so membership is all part of the “allure” - after all anyone can buy a box of Pro V1’s...nothing special.

Yup - and you can shank that "Clear" ball into the woods with PXG irons just as well as with a used set from Goodwill. 

• Like 9

Heard guys on PGA Tour radio talking about how these were the best balls on the market. A current Pro was on and gave them a lot of credit for a win he had. Turns out, they’re both sponsored, so these are free. Freaking joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Just guessin' that they won't be sending a sleeve of these to the MGS Lab for independent testing. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Like 6

Are the "Red" & "Black" models a coincidence? Or do these come out of the same plant that produces Snell?
Almost all of companies have a red and black numbered model to delineate their top tier tour balls. I believe TaylorMade was the first to use Red and Black in the name
  • Like 2

Jlukes is probably right about red and black in the name being first used by TaylorMade but it goes back much further than that when red numbers on a ball meant 90 compression and black numbers meant 100 compression.

It’s been that way for many years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would LOVE these exclusive, high dollar equipment companies if they were made in America. I know it says he's trying but still, I hear China and I think cheap. It would justify the price to me.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jlukes said:
2 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:
Are the "Red" & "Black" models a coincidence? Or do these come out of the same plant that produces Snell?emoji848.pngemoji13.png

Almost all of companies have a red and black numbered model to delineate their top tier tour balls. I believe TaylorMade was the first to use Red and Black in the name

Thanks Bud! Indeed, I have seen that now with several now that you mention it. Must be a kind-of industry "standard" I suppose. Was just mainly being flippant though...😏

Well... You can see my review of them now ;-D

On 12/21/2018 at 6:16 PM, Mizuno_fan said:

I would like to try them just to see

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'll be giving away a box of them soon on my IG 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:25 PM, Brewmaster said:

I would LOVE these exclusive, high dollar equipment companies if they were made in America. I know it says he's trying but still, I hear China and I think cheap. It would justify the price to me.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Pretty sure they're not made in China, and they want to move their production to the US.

If this companies marketing group had their stuff in one sock, they'd have already reached out and offered to send a free trial sleeve to every MGS forum member... just sayin.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

If this companies marketing group had their stuff in one sock, they'd have already reached out and offered to send a free trial sleeve to every MGS forum member... just sayin.

hahaha 😄 They should!

There isn't any information in anything I've read on these balls that has convinced me to buy them.  "Secret sauce" is code for "scam" in my book.  And "exclusive membership" is only "exclusive" to the point of if you can afford $1,200 for golf balls.  Frankly, "exclusive" can be applied to anything by that definition.  It's like when they brand a vehicle "Limited".  Well, duh, every vehicle on earth is "limited" to however many the manufacturer can make.  Even the base model Toyota or Honda is "limited" because eventually those guys will stop making that car either by year or model.  I'd have more respect for vehicles that say "Limited" if they just put a logo on the back that said, "Overpriced" or "Expensive".

A golf ball is a consumable item that you essentially throw away, either by hitting it where you can't retrieve it, or by destroying the ball to the point where you need to throw it out.  Putting a business model spin on this and charging a ridiculous price brings to mind the words of P.T. Barnum where he said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

50 minutes ago, GSwag said:

There isn't any information in anything I've read on these balls that has convinced me to buy them.  "Secret sauce" is code for "scam" in my book.  And "exclusive membership" is only "exclusive" to the point of if you can afford $1,200 for golf balls.  Frankly, "exclusive" can be applied to anything by that definition.  It's like when they brand a vehicle "Limited".  Well, duh, every vehicle on earth is "limited" to however many the manufacturer can make.  Even the base model Toyota or Honda is "limited" because eventually those guys will stop making that car either by year or model.  I'd have more respect for vehicles that say "Limited" if they just put a logo on the back that said, "Overpriced" or "Expensive".

A golf ball is a consumable item that you essentially throw away, either by hitting it where you can't retrieve it, or by destroying the ball to the point where you need to throw it out.  Putting a business model spin on this and charging a ridiculous price brings to mind the words of P.T. Barnum where he said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

But you would field test a free sleeve of them right? 😁 Yea, I agree, this has that something's fishy thing going on.  I'll be looking for one in the bushes to test unless Clears VP of Marketing happens to be a MGS member and takes the golden opportunity seriously.

• Like 1