Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Robert Trent Jones Trail adventure awaits me

SteddyGolf

I am currently locking in tee times for my end of March trip down the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Anyone have any experience or advice to offer? I’m doing AirBnB for lodging because my dog is making the trip with me. See schedule below.

18 March 2019

Hampton Cove

19 March 2019

Hampton Cove

20 March 2019

Oxmoor Valley

21 March 2019

Ross Bridge

22 March 2019

Capital Course

25 Marc 2019

Magnolia Grove

26 March 2019

Lakewood Golf Club

Thanks in advance for the advice and or feedback.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Have fun, play well and resist the urge to toss your fellow golfers into trash cans.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

2 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

I am currently locking in tee times for my end of March trip down the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Anyone have any experience or advice to offer? I’m doing AirBnB for lodging because my dog is making the trip with me. See schedule below.

18 March 2019

Hampton Cove

19 March 2019

Hampton Cove

20 March 2019

Oxmoor Valley

21 March 2019

Ross Bridge

22 March 2019

Capital Course

25 Marc 2019

Magnolia Grove

26 March 2019

Lakewood Golf Club

Thanks in advance for the advice and or feedback.

Wow, that's a lot of golf packed into 7 days. Looks like a dream tour and one I'd like to take on one day myself. Have a great time and please post lots of pics. Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Of the ones you've posted, the only one I (think I) have played is what you referred to as "Capital Course".  Perhaps I am assuming, but Capitol Hill (Prattville) has three courses - Legislator, Senator and Judge.  I've played all three of those and if I had to suggest one if you only had time for one, it would be the Judge.  The Legislator and Senator were unremarkable for me and Dad and brothers.  And definitely take a cart to whichever course you play there.  Walking will about kill you.

If my assumption is wrong about you playing Prattville then you can disregard this.

It's not on your list, but I would go back and play the 27 holes at Highland Oaks in Dothan, WAAAAY before  I ever consider heading back to Prattville.  Highland Oaks has 27 of the most interesting and challenging holes out there, and the greens will undulate you to your fair share of 3 and 4 putts, whether you like it or not.  Great tracks there!

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Yep, I’d say the Judge as well in Prattville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Jealous.......have an awesome time!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Skip Oxmoor Valley completely but if you must play there, do not waste your time on the Ridge Course.  Horribly designed course IMO. 

I'd suggest adding The Shoals (Fighting Joe).  The Hampton Cove courses are great and so is Ross Bridge.  

As others have said, The Judge is the one to play at Capitol.

Magnolia and Lakewood are nice, but the gems are listed above.  

Outside of the RTJ courses, you really need to get over to Sylacauga and play Farmlinks at Pursell Farms.  I can't stress this enough.  I strongly suggest you edit your trip to add this one to the group.  

https://pursellfarms.com/golf/

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

I've played Capitol Hill - all three and Oxmoor including Ross Bridge and the par three course. Ross Bridge is certainly nice and all but I thought it was a breast. We played up two tees I think. The Course is enormous. I liked the Valley quite a bit at Oxmoor and the Short Course (18 holes) was really nice. Probably the nicest and most fun of any par-3 I've played. An hour south east is SilverLake. Three nice courses. I played Backbreaker and Heartbreaker. Both were very challenging and the best greens I've played on the trail. I enjoyed Capitol Hill a lot and the Judge was the best by all measures. Even if you are a big hitter don't bite off more than you can chew. Play up one tee. 

Overall I've heard many people including some RTJ pros say National is the place to play. I haven't tried them. Yet.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 2 weeks later...

Great itinerary.  I'd like to play the RTJ's circuit myself someday and will be looking forward to hearing how you like it.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Please take a lot of pictures and document it. Would love to hear about your experiences with it. 

A few friends and I have been looking around at golf trips and this one seems like a great one. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Enjoy!  Look forward to hearing about it on your return (or during!)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

49 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

Please take a lot of pictures and document it. Would love to hear about your experiences with it. 

A few friends and I have been looking around at golf trips and this one seems like a great one. 

Agree.  This could be an official, unofficial review of RTJ's courses in the U.S. Courses sub forum 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Archived