Best Recipe: Burgers!!!

Our Sponsors

surprised not to see a egg and breadcrumb mix. 

• Like 2

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Birthday Eve Dinner: the Biscuit Burger! Fresh ground brisket, with bacon, muenster and American, spinach leaves, on a big ol’ cathead biscuit!!     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ground beef, salt, pepper, a little olive oil Form patties Sous Vide to medium-rare Sear on cast iron butter Simply the best 

Half Bison, half beef... salt, pepper, olive oil, finely chopped leeks, and some ******** sauce. Topped with bacon, tomato, lettuce, and BBQ. Man... now I’m hungry.

Posted Images

Ground burger and I add mix bacon pieces from Costco, onion, and whatever rib rub I have at the time. Smoke for an hour then 350 to temp. Prefer on my pellet grill over gas as there is less shrinkage (no George Costanza references).

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS/Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST V2

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5/Cameron Santa Fe

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

3 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

That's a meatloaf.  😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That's a meatloaf.  

This is true. But I’ll take a fried egg and bacon on my burger please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

On 4/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, PMookie said:

So key!!! I learned this working as a sales rep in the restaurant industry years ago. One flip and that’s it! Every time meat is flipped, the juices run out because as the meat is heating, the juice rises to the top, thus, when it’s flipped again, they pour right out.
Next worst is watching people “press” down on the burgers on the flat top, or the grill! Ugh. Kills me! Why in the world do they squeeze out the juice?!

I’m in the flat top single flip camp, but a heavy cast iron press keeps the patty from plumping without sacrificing much juice. Greasy flat top dive burger is my preferred style and the key is keeping the patty flat (aka bun sized) with my preheated 3 lb Bayou Classic press.

Another somewhat controversial subject, I think cheese detracts from the charred component of a proper burger flavor profile. My ideal order: 80/20 chuck with salt & pepper, ice cold lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, finely chopped sweet onion, mustard and mayo.

• Like 3

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I'll be doing deer burgers tomorrow cooked like a slider in a cast iron skillet smashed and crispy served on a Hawaiian roll cut to be used as a slider bun. Lettuce and onion with a burger sauce on the bun. My burger sauce is mayo, ketchup, dried diced onion, garlic powder, sriracha, sweet thai sauce, and some diced pickle.

• Like 3

I'm a simple man --- 80/20 beef, McCormick seasoning sprinkled liberally on each side, a dash of worstchestshire on one side, grilled to perfect medium rare on a charcoal grill.  Served on a lightly toasted bun.  Add condiments to taste.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I spent an entire summer perfecting my recipe and it turned out to be super simple. Forget all that crap about eggs and crackers or bread crumbs. The best burger is just meat! form you patties cold so you don't melt all that lovely fat onto your hands. Use good quality meat and I never use above medium, lean and super lean don't have enought fat to keep them juicy. Once patties are formed slap them on a hot grill, dash of salt and pepper on both sides, cook to your desired wellness and enjoy on fresh brioche bun with whatever toppings you love.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Occasionally I enjoy a good lamb-burger.  I like to saute some garlic and fresh rosemary ahead of time.  I'll let that cool, then mix it with the ground lamb, along with some crumbled feta cheese.  Grilled or fried in cast iron, and top with more thin-sliced feta, on the roll of your choice.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 4/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Shankster said:

Half Bison, half beef... salt, pepper, olive oil, finely chopped leeks, and some ******** sauce.

Topped with bacon, tomato, lettuce, and BBQ.

Man... now I’m hungry.

Bison is the key here .. got to bring some fatty meat with the beef ! 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

I make two types of burgers 

First is the normal summer BBQ burger - I get quality beef and cut with grind up pancetta mix with salt pepper, fresh gralic and an egg with two pieces of cheese on top. BANG ! 

Second is the breakfast burger - mix the quality beef with grind up pork roll salt pepper and egg. Add cheese, bacon and a sunny side up egg on top with ketchup BANG BANG ! 😁

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:50 AM, zrumble said:

Start with a quality ground beef add salt, pepper, dab of Worcestershire, bake until warm (look up beef table for done-ness, subtract say 25 degrees). Then over direct heat on a charcoal grill with a few wood  chips thrown in until done. 

Charcoal grill is the way to go, I use lump charcoal rather than the briquettes most people use, to me those briquettes leave a weird after taste, as the lump charcoal gives a smoky real grilled taste to all meats that go on the grill.

• Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, jlukes said:

Ground beef, salt, pepper, a little olive oil

Form patties

Sous Vide to medium-rare

Sear on cast iron butter

Simply the best 

On 4/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, jlukes said:

It's absolutely incredible.  I have done just about every type of meat in sous vide and it's hard to have it any other way afterwards. 

The entire inside is cooked to an exact temp while the outside is perfectly seared.

Here is the filet I did for Christmas

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225172418995_COVER.thumb.jpg.02777543d0da5fafc7fff7400a29f2d4.jpg

On 4/20/2020 at 10:56 AM, PMookie said:

I’ve heard of sous vide, but never seen it, nor tasted anything cooked that way, at least that I know of. Friends who use it say it’s awesome.

I need to get me a sous vide machine, I've seen them around the box stores, but I am not sure of the quality of the ones they have.

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Good ground beef is the key, I really like 80/20 Angus. If I want to have ground bacon in it, I will go a little leaner. like 85/15.

For my bacon burger.

2 Pounds of ground  85/15 Angus chuck.

1/2 pound of hardwood smoked bacon. I usually cook the bacon in the oven, covered  for about 15 minutes at 300 degrees, I just want the fat to start breaking down, but don't need it to crisp it up. Then grind it and mix with the ground beef.

Form patties, about 4 per pound of ground beef, refrigerated it for a couple of hours before grilling, and I put into the freezer for 15 minutes before taking it to the grill.

Salt and pepper to taste, I like my burgers medium rare, so I cook them about 3 minutes per side, with the grill lid closed so I can get a smoky taste. I run my charcoal grill at about 325 degrees. I also keep a mix of butter and olive oil by the grill, so I can baste the upper side of the burger before flipping it, and baste the cooked side too, the burgers are cooked without charcoal right underneath, in the cool zone of the grill, then a few seconds in each side of the pattie in the hot side just to get a quick sear.

Edited by SnakeDoc
  • Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 hour ago, Nolan220 said:

I make two types of burgers 

First is the normal summer BBQ burger - I get quality beef and cut with grind up pancetta mix with salt pepper, fresh gralic and an egg with two pieces of cheese on top. BANG ! 

Second is the breakfast burger - mix the quality beef with grind up pork roll salt pepper and egg. Add cheese, bacon and a sunny side up egg on top with ketchup BANG BANG ! 😁

Those two sound like great, all around burgers.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 4/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, B.Boston said:

Here's a "healthier" option for your burgers that I promise is delicious:

• One pound of ground turkey
  • Raw Spinach (as much as you want)
  • Feta Cheese (as much as you want)
  • Sundried tomatoes (as much as you want)
  • 1 cap full of Rustic Herb Seasoning from Tastefully Simple.

If anyone needs some stuff my wife will be happy to place your order for the seasoning. 🤣

I have never been a big fan of turkey, but your recipe actually sounds really good.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 4/20/2020 at 11:36 AM, bens197 said:

I would eat all of these. Personal preference? A 1/2 lb 80/20 with salt and pepper on a screaming hot Weber charcoal grill. Put it on a soft kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, ketchup and mustard.  

Most importantly...leave it the heck alone and don’t flip it twenty times. 

we all have that friend who flips the burger a lot and press it down with the spatula after

giphy.gif

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Occasionally I enjoy a good lamb-burger.  I like to saute some garlic and fresh rosemary ahead of time.  I'll let that cool, then mix it with the ground lamb, along with some crumbled feta cheese.  Grilled or fried in cast iron, and top with more thin-sliced feta, on the roll of your choice.

I never had a Lamb burger, I might have to get some lamb next time I go shopping.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

15 hours ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I spent an entire summer perfecting my recipe and it turned out to be super simple. Forget all that crap about eggs and crackers or bread crumbs. The best burger is just meat! form you patties cold so you don't melt all that lovely fat onto your hands. Use good quality meat and I never use above medium, lean and super lean don't have enought fat to keep them juicy. Once patties are formed slap them on a hot grill, dash of salt and pepper on both sides, cook to your desired wellness and enjoy on fresh brioche bun with whatever toppings you love.

Simple, but sounds really good right now.

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

22 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

Well that is blasphemy, the only eggs that go on burgers are fried eggs in top of the pattie. 

Edited by SnakeDoc
  • Like 3

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge