Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putter fitting or trial and error ???

So I really wanted to get fitted for a putter this year, but due to the RONA I wasn't about to go to Houston or San Antonio and risk exposure. So whos been fitted vs not. So for me it was allot of trial and error and even a couple cheap putters off E-bay to finally find a putter that fits my stroke. I'm using a style of putter I never thought I would but man is this thing HOT... I will say that when I can I will get fitted so the length, lie, and loft are what I need to be as efficient as I can be. so whats yalls putter stories if any.

cleveland-cc-hb-putter-2-2.jpg

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Yes to both. I love me some putters. While I haven’t ever owned more than 10; I trade and sell to get different putter, I used to go through them a lot but now I just dabble and look to tweak things.

Found a great instructor in 2010ish that helped educate me on the putting stroke and putter design and how the two work together. I still buy putters in the trial and error mode but they meet specific requirements.

From a fitting perspective I have done the basic golf galaxy waste of time fitting, iPing app, SAM Puttlab(3 times), and a. Edel fitting. Getting ready to test the ExPutt which has some stroke capture aspects so I will investigate the fitting capability a little bit.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've only had 5 putters, and I was fitted with my last putter at Ping HQ.  The 4 previous putters felt OK when I bought them, but I was a terrible putter so that's not saying much.  I would always try putters whenever I went into a golf store, and I could tell if a putter was OK for me or not.

Everyone loves the Evnroll putters, but I tried all the models I could find, and I never felt comfortable with any of them.  I tried all the Scotty's I could find; same problem... thankfully!!   I tried lots of Ping putters, but when they came out with the Sigma G putters, I could putt fairly well with any of them.  So, I went to Scottsdale and Ping fitted me with the Sigma G Doon.  The counterbalance really helped my stroke.  I don't look at putters anymore.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

When I first started playing I went to golf galaxy and played around for probably an hour or so on their putting platform. Tried every left handed putter they had. Settled on an odyssey white hot pro #1, the only putter I’ve ever owned. Fast forward to last year, I went to Club Champion for a putter fitting to see how my stroke looked on SAM puttlab. Turns out my trial and error session got me in the ball park. After a few minor tweaks to length, loft, lie and a counterbalance weight, I was rolling the rock better and more consistent. After my experience, I highly recommend a fitting with SAM or something similar. My putting has definitely improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no real putter fittings near me where I am from, but went to the local golf galaxy and paid for a putter fitting- what a nightmare.  Kid hands me a face balanced and a strong arc putter and said I could use either one.  I felt like I knew more than him (he proceeded to tell me he three putts on half of the holes he plays). lets just say I didn't make a purchase and am still playing the $100 putter I got off eBay...

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

I did my putter fitting at Club Champion and it was well worth it.  Not only did I learn a lot about my putter stroke and why certain putters will work better for me then others but I found my current putter which I've been using for a couple years now which is a record for me.  I don't even try other putters now, just really comfortable with mine.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Have had 2 putters in my life. Current one I grabbed at a local club and felt good. Starting to grow out of it the more I mess around with other stuff.

Of all things putting in golf has so much to do with confidence...if you’re losing it might be time for a change, not quite there yet for me but I know there are a a couple out there for me that will boost my confidence standing over the ball. Short list is the BB1 and BB39 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!