Tony Covey MGS

Donate to MyGolfSpy

Our Sponsors

Just recently became active (as in earlier today) and have decided to donate. I already firmly believe in what you guys are attempting to accomplish and want to support you guys in that journey. Thank you for providing this platform to learn from others and gain truthful knowledge concerning new equipment. 

• Like 6

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

Condor Golf 3W 16* 

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 22* 

:taylormade-small: M4 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

:vokey-small: SM6 52* and 60*, & SM5 56*

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 Ball 

:wilson_staff_small:  Duo Soft 

46 minutes ago, AGutierrez7 said:

Just recently became active (as in earlier today) and have decided to donate. I already firmly believe in what you guys are attempting to accomplish and want to support you guys in that journey. Thank you for providing this platform to learn from others and gain truthful knowledge concerning new equipment. 

Good for you and welcome to the forum!

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, AGutierrez7 said:

Welcome and thanks for your support of the site. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 8/3/2011 at 4:05 PM, Tony Covey MGS said:

Hopefully you've seen our blog posts announcing our donation program and club recycling program. Let me start by saying a very sincere thank you to those of you who have already donated. GolfSpy X is busy adding forum badges for those of you who's names and email addresses we recognized. If you have already donated, and don't have a badge, send me a PM and let me know the email address you used to donate, and we'll get you squared away as quickly as we can.

The decision to ask for donations was far from an easy one. It would have been simple enough to say that everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't we, but as you know, we pride ourselves on doing things differently. Quite frankly, GolfSpy X and I were uncomfortable, and remain so, about asking for your money.

Ultimately we came to the realization that the commitments we've made to you, refusing big OEM advertising dollars in order to remain completely above the influence, completely independent, and unthethered from the marketing machines that drive the golf equipment industry, will fail without your financial support.

This isn't a doom and gloom post designed to scare you into opening up your wallets, but we do think it's important for everyone to understand where MyGolfSpy is as a business. We have a vision for what we can become, but we won't succeed without funding (and the time that funding will allow us to spend on growing the site). The ideas we'd like to implement are many of the same you've suggested to us. They include things like:

• Testing heads with the same shafts
  • Blind testing (masking the true identity of the clubs being tested)
  • Comparing custom fit equipment
  • Gather more and even better data (Trackman)
  • Purchase our test equipment at retail and eliminate the OEMs from the process completely

We'd love to do some of this, all of this, and even more. Our ultimate goal is to become globally recognizable as The Consumer Reports of Golf. That's not some catching marketing pitch, it's what we think a golf site 100% dedicated to the consumer should be. It's what we want to be.

The reality is that we can't do any of it without the support of our readers. Yeah, we could probably shut our mouths, behave ourselves, and play by the industry rules. If we did that it's reasonable to assume within 6 months the big guys would be calling us with six figure advertising opportunities. Of course then where would we be? We'd have more money, but we wouldn't be able to use it for any of the things we want to do; the things you've asked us to do. We'd simply become the latest in a long line of mini-golf digests; existing for little more than to keep sponsors happy and cash flowing. That's not what we want, and we hope that's not what you want.

We've made the decision to go all in and push forward our way and not look back. Whether or not we succeed is largely up to you, and everyone else who visits MyGolfSpy. If every person who visited our site in a single month donated just $1 we'd be well on our way. Of course, that's not a realistic expectation. All we can ask is for you to consider what MyGolfSpy offers you. If what we do has value to you, and if you believe in our vision for what a consumer driven golf site should look like, then please consider donating what you can to help us grow and become the golf site that many in the golf equipment industry want never to exist at all.

Details on how to donate can be found in this post. Also check out the details of our new Recycling Program.

Thanks,

T

I would like to donate and I followed that link and it won't let me click on the donation link?

15 minutes ago, Erik-M said:

I would like to donate and I followed that link and it won't let me click on the donation link?

Try this one: https://mygolfspy.com/donate/

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

After being a reader for years and now an active member, I am happy to say I've set up the recurring donation to MGS. This place is awesome, I'm loving all of the golf talk and review opportunities, and the golf ball test from last year and the upcoming lab from this year have me coming back for more! Is there somewhere I can get the Donor badge?! Thanks for everything!

• Like 2

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6S
3 Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 TS 15° Project X LZ60 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50° and :cleveland-small: RTX-3 54°, 58° (Edison Golf Forged on the way)
Putter: :taylormade-small: SpiderX Navy Blue 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

4 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

After being a reader for years and now an active member, I am happy to say I've set up the recurring donation to MGS. This place is awesome, I'm loving all of the golf talk and review opportunities, and the golf ball test from last year and the upcoming lab from this year have me coming back for more! Is there somewhere I can get the Donor badge?! Thanks for everything!

Great stuff.  Glad you’re enjoying the forum.  Theres lots of great golf talk among the best members of any forum. 

if you have a record of any of your recurring donation transaction ids.  Just PM it to me amd ill get your tag. 

Thanks for supporting the site 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 5/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Erik-M said:

Thanks, done!

Same.  Have read the site for years but just recently got on the forum.  Thanks to Covid should have some extra time to participate!

• Like 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Just made my donation... happy to support the good guys

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

5 Wood: Titleist 909F2 18.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Just made a donation. Appreciate MGS dedication to providing the consumer with truthful data. Thank you

• Like 1

Within an hour of browsing this site realized it was the place for me. Signed up for the forum and signed up for a donation subscription.

Can already tell the value of the content this site and forum produces. I am excited to be apart of it.

• Like 2

Right Handed

Ping G410 LST 9 degree X flex ping tour shaft 75G

Ping G410 3 wood 14.5  X flex Evenflow black 85G

Taylormade Gapr low 19 degree X flex KBS hybrid 80G

Titleist 714 AP2 4-9 iron +.5 length 1 degree upright S flex kbs tour 120G

Vokey SM6 46  +.5 length 1 degree upright Dynamic gold S 300

Vokey SM5 50, 54,  +.5 length 1 degree upright S flex kbs tour 120G

Vokey SM5 58  +.5 length 1 degree upright S high rev 125G

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

Just yesterday I remembered  I had signed up, like how I see no product bias, not full of advertisements and pop ups , would like for it to stay that way. Donation done. 

• Like 2

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS