Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cobra King Tour MIM Irons

chisag

I hit these again at my local golf mart the other day along with the ZX7 and they were neck and neck (I went in to try out the i59 but they didn't even have a fitting head in yet 😐); I actually thought both felt equally great in their own way on well-struck shots which is saying something compared to an Endo forging in the ZX7; though the Srixons felt better outside of the sweet spot. The only thing I noticed performance-wise was that the MIMs were launching about a degree higher and spinning 300-400 higher than the ZX7 with the same $ Taper 120g shaft (they were both spinning higher than I would look for but this was with pinnacle practice balls so I wasn't reading too much into the numbers other than the differences between the two). I have also seen on other forums that the ZX7 may spin a bit less than competitor irons, so that could be saying something about the Srixons more than the MIM. In any case it held its own with the more-heralded ZX7 and continues to be an under-appreciated offering in my view.   

I had to push off an intended iron set purchase, but still hoping to buy a set in the next few months and these remain in the running.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H