Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping 2021 Putter Lineup

Tarheelvolvo

2021-Ping-Banner-1.jpg

• Ping released 11 new putters for 2021 based upon their Putting Lab Design (PLD) program
  • The putters feature multi-material construction and new dual-hardness, grooved inserts.
  • MSRP of $249 (Harwood is $349)

So what are you most excited about?

Are you a fan of the new colorways?

Do you like the return of the insert option or are you a purest and enjoy the *click* of a solid milled face?

The full MGS article on the release can be found here: https://mygolfspy.com/2021-ping-putters/

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

2021-Ping-Banner-1.jpg

• Ping released 11 new putters for 2021 based upon their Putting Lab Design (PLD) program
  • The putters feature multi-material construction and new dual-hardness, grooved inserts.
  • MSRP of $249 (Harwood is $349)

So what are you most excited about?

Are you a fan of the new colorways?

Do you like the return of the insert option or are you a purest and enjoy the *click* of a solid milled face?

The full MGS article on the release can be found here: https://mygolfspy.com/2021-ping-putters/

Really like the design. PING doing some good stuff in the putter market. Might have to go test out these inserts, seems like everyone’s doing some sort of firm insert as I’m trying to get away from them.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I game the Sigma 2 Arna and if Ping firmed up the insert, I could see myself gravitating towards the DS 72. The Sigma 2 insert is great on fast greens but I really see a difference in distance control on slower greens (i.e. greens transitioning to spring/summer)

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I always struggled with softer inserts especially on slower greens. I’ve been using milled face putter or a putter with a firmer insert for awhile now.

I guess I need the audible click to help me with speed control, the muted sound on a soft insert gives me distance problems.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I went with the PING Heppler Anser 2 model about 2 months ago, and I’m surprised by how much I’m really liking it. Previously had the TM Monte Carlo, and while I loved the weight and large SuperStroke grip, I really struggled with it on shorter putts. 

Have always had an insert putter, be it Odyssey or a soft milled face ... but I really like the audible click off the face on my putts with the Heppler and found it’s lighter weight much easier and consistent for me on shorter putts. 

First ever PING club and very happy with it. Been looking at their G425 irons as of late as well. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

So many good looking putters it would be so hard to choose! I love my older Tyne, however its in another country as part of my back up bag. The tyne and fetch are easily my favorite looking and to use, but I am sure there are many more then those two that would work well. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

I putted with a few at Dicks and love the feel!  I'm particularly fond of the fetch model. 😍   I'm currently in the process of selling one of my Triple track Odyssey putters to justify picking one up..... We have FAST greens at my course and the softer feel of the new fetch will work very well. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 5/1/2021 at 11:42 AM, ole gray said:

I putted with a few at Dicks and love the feel!  I'm particularly fond of the fetch model. 😍   I'm currently in the process of selling one of my Triple track Odyssey putters to justify picking one up..... We have FAST greens at my course and the softer feel of the new fetch will work very well. 

Agreed with the use on fast greens. The Ping inserts are excellent on faster greens but struggle with distance control, in my opinion, on slower/grainy bermuda greens. If you play on slick greens and don't mind the feel of an insert, then definitely give the latest Ping lineup a try. I tried the DS72 and really liked it on the quick indoor turf at PGA SS.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

These look much better in person than they do in photos. Pretty soft but firm feel to them that was enjoyable. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 4/22/2021 at 2:09 PM, Apolloshowl said:

So many good looking putters it would be so hard to choose! I love my older Tyne, however its in another country as part of my back up bag. The tyne and fetch are easily my favorite looking and to use, but I am sure there are many more then those two that would work well. 

You are so spot on about this.  I just got my SC Phantom X 11.5

But the following all have my full attention:

2021 PING Tyne 4-Love the black look

Callaway Ten 2 Ball Stroke Lab

Wilson Infinite Both the Bucktown (Tyne style) and the Buckingham (spider style) are outrageously good looking putters at a ridiculous price.  $99 retail

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

2021 PING Tyne 4-Love the black look

Wilson Infinite Both the Bucktown (Tyne style) and the Buckingham (spider style) are outrageously good looking putters at a ridiculous price.  $99 retail

I'm a fan of the Tyne-style as well. I just had a putter fitting and the fitter (True Spec) told me they didn't have what they think I'd do best with, but gave me my specs so I could shop. I rolled the 2021 Ping but the insert didn't do it for me. My current gamer is a 303 stainless steel mid-mallet with basically no milling, so I'm plenty use to a very firm feel, but even with the insert being fairly firm, I was totally lost on distance control.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Unfortunately for PING they don't look good in photos - they come off as cheap and not up to the standards of one of the OG putter makers.

The good news is that in person they look great.  I bought my Tyne 4 sight unseen after reading a bunch of positive feedback and I absolutely love it.  The insert feel is great, soft on short putts, more firm on longer ones, with a really pure roll.  I feel like the whole thing is a seriously integrated package with the black chrome shaft and PP58 grip, which is one of my all time favorite grips and works so well with the heavy 365g head for an overall heavy package with a reasonable swingweight.

I think once more people roll these they are going to become very, very popular.

1 hour ago, Tupperwolf said:

Unfortunately for PING they don't look good in photos - they come off as cheap and not up to the standards of one of the OG putter makers.

The good news is that in person they look great.  I bought my Tyne 4 sight unseen after reading a bunch of positive feedback and I absolutely love it.  The insert feel is great, soft on short putts, more firm on longer ones, with a really pure roll.  I feel like the whole thing is a seriously integrated package with the black chrome shaft and PP58 grip, which is one of my all time favorite grips and works so well with the heavy 365g head for an overall heavy package with a reasonable swingweight.

I think once more people roll these they are going to become very, very popular.

Agree. We got a few into our shop and they look great. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 5/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

Agreed with the use on fast greens. The Ping inserts are excellent on faster greens but struggle with distance control, in my opinion, on slower/grainy bermuda greens. If you play on slick greens and don't mind the feel of an insert, then definitely give the latest Ping lineup a try. I tried the DS72 and really liked it on the quick indoor turf at PGA SS.

I'm seeing better and better results with lagging the ball when needed.  The Ping Fetch is no joke !   I put the SuperStroke 3.0 on her and it's easy to roll the rock.  I have so many excellent putters in my arsenal now however the Ping is standing tall and I see no future bench time for the Fetch. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, ole gray said:

I'm seeing better and better results with lagging the ball when needed.  The Ping Fetch is no joke !   I put the SuperStroke 3.0 on her and it's easy to roll the rock.  I have so many excellent putters in my arsenal now however the Ping is standing tall and I see no future bench time for the Fetch. 

I went to GG the other day and I rolled the 2021 Fetch and the CA 70.  I am between a straight back straight through and a slight arc.  The fitter had me between these two.  Both feel great and I like the alignment on both.  Not going to lie, I like that I can pick the ball up with the Fetch.  I have never used an insert putter, but I like the feel of these.  Soft on short putts and a bit firmer on longer putts.  I can see though, long putts would be tough to get used to coming from a non-insert putter.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, ole gray said:

Just left Dicks House of Sport to pick up some soccer gear for my daughter and rolled a few with the 2021 line.

Like you, I couldn't believe how NICE the fetch was.  My only wish was they made it for a slight arc stroke because the feel was like nothing I've ever felt.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/