Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Interesting - more info please. Was the second nine on the same course and immediately following? If immediately after and you selected the 'play back 9 feature' it would show distances to the hole - did it in your case? At the end of the round did it show time played, steps, etc? 

After finishing my first nine holes, I chose the 'play back 9 feature'. I got a drink before starting the back 9. When I checked my watch, I noticed it had returned to the watch face. So, I reselected the GPS, chose "play & track," and continued with my round. After completing my round, I selected "end round." My score was only recorded for the back nine, so I expected to have two separate 9-hole rounds instead of a complete 18-hole round. I'm wondering why my back nine was not recorded and why my front nine was spilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

10 hours ago, nupezb said:

After finishing my first nine holes, I chose the 'play back 9 feature'. I got a drink before starting the back 9. When I checked my watch, I noticed it had returned to the watch face. So, I reselected the GPS, chose "play & track," and continued with my round. After completing my round, I selected "end round." My score was only recorded for the back nine, so I expected to have two separate 9-hole rounds instead of a complete 18-hole round. I'm wondering why my back nine was not recorded and why my front nine was spilt.

As background - I play a course that has 3 nines so I always have to select 'play back 9' when I'm playing 18. The first several months I used the X5 I had the 'scoring' option on and after it loaded the course, it would ask yes on no for scoring. If I didn't immediately select via the bezel, it reverted back to the clock face.  My thinking is that this option is on and that part of the round (back 9) is not captured. As to why it didn't capture all of the front 9 without intervention, I can't help you on that. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As background - I play a course that has 3 nines so I always have to select 'play back 9' when I'm playing 18. The first several months I used the X5 I had the 'scoring' option on and after it loaded the course, it would ask yes on no for scoring. If I didn't immediately select via the bezel, it reverted back to the clock face.  My thinking is that this option is on and that part of the round (back 9) is not captured. As to why it didn't capture all of the front 9 without intervention, I can't help you on that. 

Good point. Yes, my home course also has 3 nines too. In my transition to the back nine, I may not have selected to keep score. I’m still slightly disappointed because I hit some good shots on the back nine and wanted to review their yardages.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

On 10/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, nupezb said:

I'm getting to have a second set of golf clubs. If I purchase a full set of tags, can I compare the club data with my current set?

You just need to create those clubs in My Bag and make sure whatever set you use is the active set there. Each "set" of clubs will be color coded, so you can easily see the differences in performance. For example, I have used three different drivers since I started using Shot Scope, The original is shown in black, the 2nd in yellow and the third in blue. I have also used 7 putters during that time, each a different color.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

On 10/24/2023 at 7:05 AM, MattF said:

I'm trying to get into the habit of tapping my tag to the band and looking at my watch to see what club it shows. Not ideal as it should do that automatically but it takes all of 2 seconds and I want to minimalize the missed shots.

Matt & @tony@CIC....this is exactly what I did during my round last week.

I always stand behind my ball & take a practice swing as I'm looking down the line for my upcoming shot. A quick glance at my X5 reconfirms the yardage (in my head) & I can see the club in-hand is detected. From there, it's just step into the ball & swing.

Zero missed shots, all correct tees, & all correct clubs recorded 👍  It was easy to incorporate this into a pre-shot routine & adds only a second or two. Add my speed/comfort with accessing the correct menus - it was just sign for my round (no edits)🥳

I might get in one more round this weekend - predicted highs in the 50s. Indiana's GHIN closes for the winter on Nov 15th, so I'll likely be 'going dark' on this forum until next March/April.

It's been a good season & I'm REALLY glad my foray with Arccos was short-lived. For the features & the investment, ShotScope has my business.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this in their email sent.  Another tool that I have to play with in my never ending quest to shave strokes from little talent. : https://shotscope.com/blog/announcements/mystrategy-ultimate-course-guide/?utm_source=brevo&utm_campaign=MyStrategy Launch&utm_medium=email.  

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

I played around with the My Strategy this morning and it's interesting.

I'm going to fiddle with it a lot during the winter so I have it down in time to start the new season. 

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

31 minutes ago, MattF said:

I played around with the My Strategy this morning and it's interesting.

I'm going to fiddle with it a lot during the winter so I have it down in time to start the new season. 

I need to do the same. Since I play the same 5 courses here in the community, I need to get the strategy down cold when I play this coming season.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

35 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I need to do the same. Since I play the same 5 courses here in the community, I need to get the strategy down cold when I play this coming season.

I am looking forward to testing it out on new courses. I am thinking of getting into a bit more competitive golf and this course be very valuable

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Several bugs in My Strategy. People are reporting elevation issues. It always puts the tee shot at the tips, regardless of tees selected. The club yardages are off, as some are close to what Shot Scope shows, others there is no rhyme nor reason. For example, it shows my 9i yardage as 156 yards, but my P-AVG is 125 and AVG is 115! Once again, just like with the X5, we are the beta testing team! 

Great concept, poor execution!

18 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Several bugs in My Strategy. People are reporting elevation issues. It always puts the tee shot at the tips, regardless of tees selected. The club yardages are off, as some are close to what Shot Scope shows, others there is no rhyme nor reason. For example, it shows my 9i yardage as 156 yards, but my P-AVG is 125 and AVG is 115! Once again, just like with the X5, we are the beta testing team! 

I also noticed that several of my clubs were missing when I looked to "add a club." Not sure if there was a reason for that, but hybrids/woods/irons were missing.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

My P Avg is fine, but I can only move the blue dot at the tee and the aim point dot once each.  I have to save and refresh browser to move those dots and again it’s only once.  Doing this in Chrome and Edge.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

23 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Thx for that post. Have not been using my X5 and have actually been considering listing it in B/S/T ....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Keep forgetting to tag my X5, particularly with my driver. However, SS is replacing it - no questions asked. Glad I have my V3 to fall back on - it's a busy weekend: men's group 18 tomorrow, Saturday mixed couples 18, Sunday Veteran's Day couples Scramble and Monday Mon's 18. Phew I'll be worn out on Tuesday. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Keep forgetting to tag my X5, particularly with my driver. However, SS is replacing it - no questions asked

Did they say as to why?

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 11/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, PhilM75072 said:

Once again, just like with the X5, we are the beta testing team! 

I agree. Personally, I was underwhelmed with the introduction & don't see the point 🤷‍♂️

I mean...what advantage does My Strategy provide that the ariel view on the SS app doesn't?

Like Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan.....until they get hit in the mouth."

So...a bunker is 260 to carry & I need to decide if I'm going to play short, play around, or fly it. That distance isn't going to change - whether I see it 3 days in-advance or see it when I'm on the tee. What if there's wind, or a shower pops up?

Personally, I don't get it. I'd rather have green mapping so I know where I should hit an approach from 150 out.

12 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Did they say as to why?

Nope - but it is weird that when I bench test it, it works fine. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

20 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

I agree. Personally, I was underwhelmed with the introduction & don't see the point 🤷‍♂️

I mean...what advantage does My Strategy provide that the ariel view on the SS app doesn't?

Like Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan.....until they get hit in the mouth."

So...a bunker is 260 to carry & I need to decide if I'm going to play short, play around, or fly it. That distance isn't going to change - whether I see it 3 days in-advance or see it when I'm on the tee. What if there's wind, or a shower pops up?

Personally, I don't get it. I'd rather have green mapping so I know where I should hit an approach from 150 out.

Sounds like at some point they made up a list of 'nice to haves' and are now working through it without prioritization or feedback from everyday golfers. I see little if any value to this latest 'update'.  I'd much rather have them go backwards and made the App/software bulletproof. 

Also while I value the info I have in terms of club performance, I get concerned that we spend too much time 'figiting' with the device vs. focusing on the upcoming shot. My wife is classic example when it comes to that; she's constantly playing with the X5 before her next shot and then hits a fat shot or tops the ball. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I see little if any value to this latest 'update'.  I'd much rather have them go backwards and made the App/software bulletproof. 

Agree, though I have very few issues with the performance of the watch itself, I do wish it would connect to the app without having to tap "Connect Device" multiple times before it will.

Assuming the calculations are accurate, about the only interesting thing I see in My Strategy is how wind "might" affect shots. I can't imagine it would be all that accurate, as wind will affect higher lofted clubs more, or someone who is a "high ball" hitter more than someone who isn't. Is that taken into account? I do think it is more in response to some of the features that Arccos offers without exactly duplicating them.

I am kind of glad I kept my V3 as I use it when it will possibly rain, or when I have to layer up and wear long sleeves as, even when using in the "locked" mode, the Pin Collect screen isn't locked. I have had putts or the hole location recorded by having my sleeve rub against the watch.

2 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Agree, though I have very few issues with the performance of the watch itself, I do wish it would connect to the app without having to tap "Connect Device" multiple times before it will.

Assuming the calculations are accurate, about the only interesting thing I see in My Strategy is how wind "might" affect shots. I can't imagine it would be all that accurate, as wind will affect higher lofted clubs more, or someone who is a "high ball" hitter more than someone who isn't. Is that taken into account? I do think it is more in response to some of the features that Arccos offers without exactly duplicating them.

I am kind of glad I kept my V3 as I use it when it will possibly rain, or when I have to layer up and wear long sleeves as, even when using in the "locked" mode, the Pin Collect screen isn't locked. I have had putts or the hole location recorded by having my sleeve rub against the watch.

Something that I have found very interesting on MyStrategy is the ability to add a plot of my shots to the dispersion cone, which I find helpful not only for deciding aiming point, but in some cases that one club may be better than another due to the actual dispersion of shots. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

Something that I have found very interesting on MyStrategy is the ability to add a plot of my shots to the dispersion cone, which I find helpful not only for deciding aiming point, but in some cases that one club may be better than another due to the actual dispersion of shots. 

Is the dispersion of the shots based on the club for all shots or just the shots recorded on that particular hole. 

It would be useful to have both options 

My bag is a revolving door!

"My strategy" brings Shot Scope a step closer to challenging Arcoss's "Caddie" for navigating new courses. Yet, two key distinctions exist: Arcoss is automatic, accounting for environmental effects, while Shot Scope offers a cost-free alternative.

Hopefully, they will continue to improve this feature but for now I’ll pass.

c885ece29e6779161ed3d83448a9299b.jpg

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

Is the dispersion of the shots based on the club for all shots or just the shots recorded on that particular hole. 

Since it will show plotted shots on a course/hole I've never played, it has to be shots for that club over the last 'x' number of shots or rounds.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:36 PM, NCDuffer said:

My P Avg is fine, but I can only move the blue dot at the tee and the aim point dot once each.  I have to save and refresh browser to move those dots and again it’s only once.  Doing this in Chrome and Edge.

Do you have a club selected? Try deselecting the club and see if you can't move the blue dot anywhere you want, and multiple times.

2 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Based off the specific club. As an example, I used a Sub70 799 7i for 3 rounds in 2022 (I also have the 8i which I never used) and its dispersion and distance stats were available on MyStrategy. What I learned is that, although at the time I thought that I wasn't hitting it that well, its dispersion pattern was much tighter than that of my G710 7i, making it a better choice for the third hole (a 130 yard Par-3) on my home course.  

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

20 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Do you have a club selected? Try deselecting the club and see if you can't move the blue dot anywhere you want, and multiple times.

Thanks and how slow can I be!  At least I play fast on the course.

Played 9 today and used what My Strategy taught me was best based on letting it adjust for my dispersion.  I learned that my 3H pattern is slightly right with more right dispersion than I thought, my 4H is dead straight and tight for dispersion, 4W is slightly left but dispersion is tight, and my driver tends slightly right of target and the dispersion was larger than I thought.  On two par 4 holes where I usually hit driver, I hit 4 wood on one and a 3H on another. On a par 4 hole I normally hit 3H, I hit 4H.  These changes were based on what My Strategy showed for strokes gained and dispersion. I hit the short grass on all holes except #9 where I missed a little…right…in the rough with my driver, but managed to par it.  My Strategy changed my tee club on 3 holes, target point on 3 others, and helped me better define my tendencies (thought my 3H was a tad left, 4W more left, and worried too much about a D pull left).  I swung it better than usual (+1 for 9 holes), but I do believe it helped greatly.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:28 PM, CudaKota66 said:

My Strategy gives your tee shot width dispersion with every club. This is used to determine your aim line to avoid hazards (or possibly sand/trees) which is the main benefit. Showing whether you can carry something or not is a smaller benefit especially since it shows total not carry distance. It also adds expected strokes to finish based on whether you are in sand,, rough, fairway, etc. which can be a helpful reference. 

Having this mapped out in advance makes it easier to follow a planned strategy vs getting punched in the mouth and deciding you need to play aggressive for birdie after a double. Using less mental energy on this aspect allows you more mental energy for other strategic decisions (like approach shots) where the starting point and ideal target (relative to pin location) isn't know in advance. Checking the mapping as part of your pre-shot routine can help regain focus and find a target on your intended line. Especially on blind tee shots going uphill or around dog legs, that maybe you can't see on the tee... 

Green mapping is of even less benefit. The only help is knowing which side of the green is uphill or downhill as you're not going to be playing to specific quadrants of greens from 150 out. Your approach strategy is primarily driven by avoiding greenside sand/hazards, followed by short siding avoidance. Green mapping would really only benefit a small green with no hazards around it and a pin in the middle of the green to give you an idea of which side would leave a uphill chip on a missed GIR to favor. All of this assumes the green has areas of severe slopes that pose an actual challenge which is not always the case. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 11/10/2023 at 5:19 PM, tony@CIC said:

Sounds like at some point they made up a list of 'nice to haves' and are now working through it without prioritization or feedback from everyday golfers. I see little if any value to this latest 'update'.  I'd much rather have them go backwards and made the App/software bulletproof. 

Also while I value the info I have in terms of club performance, I get concerned that we spend too much time 'fighting' with the device vs. focusing on the upcoming shot. My wife is classic example when it comes to that; she's constantly playing with the X5 before her next shot and then hits a fat shot or tops the ball. 

This I can't agree with more!  There are times I feel like just ripping off the damn watch.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 11/15/2023 at 1:13 PM, BMart519 said:

My Strategy gives your tee shot width dispersion with every club. This is used to determine your aim line to avoid hazards (or possibly sand/trees) which is the main benefit. Showing whether you can carry something or not is a smaller benefit especially since it shows total not carry distance. It also adds expected strokes to finish based on whether you are in sand,, rough, fairway, etc. which can be a helpful reference. 

Having this mapped out in advance makes it easier to follow a planned strategy vs getting punched in the mouth and deciding you need to play aggressive for birdie after a double. Using less mental energy on this aspect allows you more mental energy for other strategic decisions (like approach shots) where the starting point and ideal target (relative to pin location) isn't know in advance. Checking the mapping as part of your pre-shot routine can help regain focus and find a target on your intended line. Especially on blind tee shots going uphill or around dog legs, that maybe you can't see on the tee... 

Green mapping is of even less benefit. The only help is knowing which side of the green is uphill or downhill as you're not going to be playing to specific quadrants of greens from 150 out. Your approach strategy is primarily driven by avoiding greenside sand/hazards, followed by short siding avoidance. Green mapping would really only benefit a small green with no hazards around it and a pin in the middle of the green to give you an idea of which side would leave a uphill chip on a missed GIR to favor. All of this assumes the green has areas of severe slopes that pose an actual challenge which is not always the case. 

Okay, okay, okay...  Are you saying I need to give it a chance? 😂 Thank you for the well-thought-out response. You raised some valid points 👍

Actually, I tinkered with My Strategy relative to a few holes on the course I just joined here in Indiana.

Now that my season is over (USGA handicap season here is mid-March through mid-November), I have a few months to play with it & plot some strategies.