Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shaft trimming of KBS MAX 85R and 90R steel

I was wondering if any of you club makers out there have any of the old specs for trimming the KBS MAX 85 and 90 regular flex shafts.  I contacted KBS and they couldn't give me the exact data.  Must have been a newbie behind the phone.  My situation is that I bought a set of MAX 90 regular and put them into an old backup set of Callaway Apex heads and they seemed stiffer than they should.  KBS told me the length from the tip of a raw shaft to the first step was 12".  They also told me that they "thought" the trimming instructions for the 9 iron was 3" off the tip.  But when I measured my 9 iron that was installed into the Callaway Apex it was 6 1/2 ", instead of the 9" required.  Now I am wondering if I got ripped off on this used set of shafts.

Thanks for any replies.

Ground Hog

2 hours ago, Ground Hog said:

I was wondering if any of you club makers out there have any of the old specs for trimming the KBS MAX 85 and 90 regular flex shafts.  I contacted KBS and they couldn't give me the exact data.  Must have been a newbie behind the phone.  My situation is that I bought a set of MAX 90 regular and put them into an old backup set of Callaway Apex heads and they seemed stiffer than they should.  KBS told me the length from the tip of a raw shaft to the first step was 12".  They also told me that they "thought" the trimming instructions for the 9 iron was 3" off the tip.  But when I measured my 9 iron that was installed into the Callaway Apex it was 6 1/2 ", instead of the 9" required.  Now I am wondering if I got ripped off on this used set of shafts.

Thanks for any replies.

Ground Hog

Based on what I found the Max 90  was made exclusively for Callaway so Callaway might be the best place to call to find out about that particular shaft.     The 85 may be made for TM based on what I am seeing.  

Based on the Max (80gr) instructions you tip 4" on the 9 iron for regular, 5" for Stiff, and 6" for X.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4dfmuz3khor2voo/AADvip3-xXUkpovCAjbHXA_7a?dl=0preview%3DKBS+Trimming+Instructions.pdf&preview=KBS+Trimming+Instructions.pdf

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG